Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, I am not a vegetarian so I assume that dish is a soy based Adventist staple. I am referring to the Biblical dietary laws.

As for the question between you and Bob, let each be convinced in their own mind. It matters not what I judge you on or vice versa... God's standards are the only thing that matter...

I'm talking about which one do you think PAUL is saying.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, I am not a vegetarian so I assume that dish is a soy based Adventist staple. I am referring to the Biblical dietary laws.

As for the question between you and Bob, let each be convinced in their own mind. It matters not what I judge you on or vice versa... God's standards are the only thing that matter...

What is the Law of Liberty?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Believe that Jesus is the Son of God, died for our sins and was raised from the dead.

And repentance from all sin to receive the gift of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Complete surrender to Jesus as our Lord and Master.

The Law of Liberty is freedom from the desire to sin due to the baptism of the Holy Spirit. We walk in the newness of the Holy Spirit.

Exodus 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ. 15 But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart; 16 but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is LIBERTY. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Isaiah 61:The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
Because the Lord has anointed me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;

1 John 3:5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in Him sins

Romans 6:6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; 7 for he who has died is freed from sin.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thinking about it, honouring God by keeping the Sabbath Holy is the easiest of the 10 to do.

Great.

Please share the New Testament scriptures that teach us how to keep the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

Maybe you can share with me how you keep the Sabbath?

Thanks JLB

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Great.

Please share the New Testament scriptures that teach us how to keep the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

Maybe you can share with me how you keep the Sabbath?

Thanks JLB
The letter of the Sabbath still applies (just as in all Commandments)... ceasing from ones secular work duties.

Isaiah 58:13, speaking prophetically of things to be and to come, states this spirit of the Law...

If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Jesus gives us instruction also...

Luke 6:9
Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?
Good deeds or works are acceptable on Sabbath
Matthew 12:12
How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
Performing secular work, in an emergency that cannot wait till another day, is also acceptable.
Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Teaching and studying God Word is Sabbath worthy
Luke 23:56
And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
Resting from labour, worldly cares... resting spiritually in Christ, are what the Sabbath is about.
Acts 13:42,44
And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Gathering corporately on the Sabbath is also specified

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The letter of the Sabbath still applies (just as in all Commandments)... ceasing from ones secular work duties.

Isaiah 58:13, speaking prophetically of things to be and to come, states this spirit of the Law...

If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Jesus gives us instruction also...

Luke 6:9
Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?
Good deeds or works are acceptable on Sabbath

Matthew 12:12
How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
Performing secular work, in an emergency that cannot wait till another day, is also acceptable.

Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Teaching and studying God Word is Sabbath worthy

Luke 23:56
And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
Resting from labour, worldly cares... resting spiritually in Christ, are what the Sabbath is about.
Acts 13:42,44
And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

All that is needed now is for you to provide the New Testament scriptures from Jesus or His Apostles, that specifically instructs us how to keep the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

I think we can all agree that the Sabbath was made for man.

I think we call all agree that the Sabbath is a day of rest.

However, what we have is those who insist that man is to attend Church service strictly on Saturday, and claim it is one of the 10 commandments to do so, with the penalty of eternal damnation for violating this commandment.

Since no one has ever provided a New Testament scripture that specifically instructs the Church, specifically how to go about keeping the Sabbath, then I find it difficult to believe their man made doctrine.

Claiming Old Testament requirements won’t work, since according to the law of Moses, those who violated the very specific requirements for even gathers sticks to kindle a fire were put to death, so don’t bother quoting any Old Testament scriptures about the Sabbath.

Here is what Paul, a Pharisee of Pharisees had to say about the Church keeping the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:16-17

And again

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. Romans 14:5-6

• One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

Please post the New Testament scriptures that gives us instructions as to how the Church is to keep the Sabbath.

Examples:

• Are we commanded to only gather on the Sabbath to worship Jesus?
  • When does the Sabbath officially start for the Church?
  • How far are we permitted to travel to attend a service on the Sabbath?
  • If we have a stove and don’t have to build a fire, can we cook?
  • Are there contingencies for a life threading situation, so as to travel to a hospital for a sick or injured child or loved one?
  • Can hospital personnel or ambulance or police work on the Sabbath?
  • If a Pastor or church staff work on the Sabbath, are they violating the Sabbath?
  • How far can a Pastor or staff travel to work on the Sabbath, ministering to his congregation?

Do you have any scriptures that teach us that Gentiles who don’t live in Israel, are required to keep the Sabbath?

I wait for your New Testament scriptures that teach us how we are to keep the Sabbath today.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I agree that man needs to rest from his work.

Please provide a New Testament example from the scriptures where Saturday is the only day we can rest

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Nothing is mentioned here about Gentiles gathering to worship Jesus in a synagogue on the Sabbath.

Only that Jews taught on the Sabbath in a synagogue.

The Jews don’t teach the New Testament on the Sabbath or any other day in their synagogue.

Jews don’t attend a synagogue on the Sabbath to worship Jesus.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nothing is mentioned here about Gentiles gathering to worship Jesus in a synagogue on the Sabbath.

Only that Jews taught on the Sabbath in a synagogue.

The Jews don’t teach the New Testament on the Sabbath or any other day in their synagogue.

Jews don’t attend a synagogue on the Sabbath to worship Jesus.

Acts 13:42-44

42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Do you believe the words of Jesus and the example He gave us in the gospels was recorded for the Jews of His day or Christians down through the ages? Considering that they weren't written for years after Christ's death, it seems odd they would include all the reference to the Sabbath... the verses I gave in my previous post. Do you suppose this mention of Sabbath and how Jesus kept it and understood it was for us?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In the Father's commandments, the Ten Commandments which is the COVENANT, there is no mention of Jesus, (unless you know where to look). The New Covenant commandments is where you will find believing on Jesus. They are not the same set of commandments, though the result is the same - not sinning.

(CLV) Jn 5:46
For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for the writes concerning Me.

(CLV) Jn 5:47
Now if you are not believing this writings, how shall you be believing My declarations?"

Upvote 0