are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi 1stcenturylady said

Highlighted as a red flag above. That has no truth in it whatsoever and rejects God's WORD.

There is no commandment that says God's 4th Commandment has now been ABOLISHED and there is NO Command to keep SUNDAY as a HOLY day and SIN is breaking any of God's Commandments then it only stands to reason that those who CONTINUE in SIN will not enter into God's KINGDOM.
We read the Bible much differently. You demand a verse that says: Thou shalt not keep the 7th day sabbath. We have Jesus offering to those who did a replacement (Matthew 11:28-30) and a statement saying They shall not enter My rest you claim the sabbath provides.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry listed you seem confused as to what I said to you earlier. Why would you think that I believe Jesus is the father? I was quoting from John 10:30, I and my Father are one. Maybe you need more scripture as you seem confused on the subject?
Well you say this and claim Jesus issued the ten commandments. No where does Jesus take possession of the ten commandments. In fact Jesus said My commandments and compared them to His Father's commandments. John also says Jesus didn't give (bring) the law in in 1:17.

Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well kind of partially true Sarah was in fact his half sister.

But still against the LAW given 430 years later, that SDA's say Abraham knew and kept.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you show what the law has to do with salvation?
I used to think it did. That is what I gleaned from being part of a false belief system. The I allowed scripture to soak into my programed brain. When I read the prelude to the Sinai covenant that God told Moses Ex 19:5-6 I suddenly realised another error taught by SDAs.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You are not correct at all like we have just shown you read into the scriptures things that it is not saying like Jesus is the Sabbath example.

If you want to change the subject again and ingore the scriptures I have been posting to you again it is ok I am happy to move on to a different topic.

Stop lying and saying I am not correct at all about what you believe! I just read your part one and two and that is exactly what you believe. That Hebrews 4 is all about keeping the 7th day Sabbath. NO! It is about the GOSPEL!

1. Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest,

14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

All three of you, @EastCoastRemnant, @BobRyan and you are these above!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Jews were between a rock and hard place. They lost their what supposedly was their eternal homeland to Caesar. They crucified the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and now their beloved city was completely obliterated and the ones who survived had no place to go back to, no cloud to follow by day and no light for the night. No manna and no leaders. No place to keep up the sacrifices. All this because they refused to obey the covenant given to them at Sinai. That was final blow that made them realize God had withdrawn the "IF" covenant. It had happened at the Cross. Yet they refused to see the Light because the same veil that covered Moses covered their eyes. Well, now thanks to great history we know that the Jews set up a Pseudo religious belief system, and are still so stubborn in not recognizing that Messiah had come, kept the covenant that they refused to keep and gave us the real eternal covenant. They refused to relate the prophecies given them as to how Messiah would someday come, live with them and die for their sins. Instead, they have established a pseudo belief system. Their stubborn unrelenting attitude reminds me of some belief systems we have with us today. They are in denial of all that Jesus did for the Israelites and the remainder of mankind. They deny that We have a new and better covenant, not like the old one with all its rituals, and they use the standards of that old defunct covenant to set up their pseudo belief system. When will both of them come fully to the real Messiah?

Last edited:
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said:
Not at all Bob, you are ignoring CONTEXT of 1 JOHN 3:23 from 1 John 3:3-15 which is those who SIN (break God's Commandments are NOT following God neither do they KNOW him.

Ignoring?? the fact is that you are ignoring the fact that John told us we belong to the TRUTH if we believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
The point that you are missing Bob is to BELIEVE God means to also FOLLOW God and do what he says. This is what saving FAITH means. This is what the whole Chapter of 1 JOHN 3 is talking about when it says if you are SINNING against God by breaking God's Commandments (1 John 3:3-15) you are NOT BELIEVING God or are you in God's truth (1 John 2:3-4), neither do you LOVE God (John 14:15; Matthew 22:36-40). There is a lot of scripture that disagrees with your interpretation of God's WORD here.

You cannot believe John's words because you believe Ellen White over what scripture is teaching us.

Not at all Bob, I am only providing God's WORD. These are God's WORDS not my words. You can choose to BELIEVE them or not BELIEVE them. I do not judge you.

I cannot express the fact that it has been proven over and over tha Ellen White was a false prophet and your belief system is so closely tied to her writings that you ignore completely what all of us are trying to teach you from the Word. Too bad, way too bad. You provide nothing but lame excuses really not worthy of our response. The only reason I can think of is that the Holy Spirit is trying very hard to give you a fair chance to escape false beliefs. You can continue with your canned responses indicating that we are all wrong, but it will not stop us from setting you straight and allowing the lurkers to observe the real truth. I am sure that any intelligent person can see that you are not presenting the true Gospel.

I guess you have run out of scripture again as all you are speaking is your words again over God's WORD. Do you have any more scriptures to share Bob? If not you should beleive the WORD of God over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

LoveGodsWord said: SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)
The greater sin is telling us that God's commandments for anyone are the 10 commandments. Answer my question, is Jesus God? Jn 15:10 If ye keep my (Jesus) commandments, ye shall abide in my(Jesus) love; even as I(Jesus) have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. I am a follower of Jesus and He has asked that we keep the commandments He gave us. John in 1jn 3:19-24 elegantly told us we belong to the truth if we believe in Jesus and keep His commandments of love. Anything else is adding to the Word.
Jesus is indeed God (John 1:14). The 10 Commandments are the commandments of Jesus and God the father. Our heavenly father and Jesus do not have different commandments from each other because they are one in mind and purpose....

John 10:30
, I and my Father are one. Maybe you need more scripture as you seem confused on the subject?

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to you. Holy Father, keep through your own name those whom you have given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that you have sent me.

You miss the CONTEXT of 1 John 3:19-23 which is 1 John 3:3-15. By ignoring the CONTEXT of these scriptures you are quoting, you do not understand their meaning.

1 John 3:3-15 says if you are SINNING against God by breaking God's Commandments you are NOT BELIEVING or know God or are you in God's truth (1 John 2:3-4), neither do you LOVE God (John 14:15; Matthew 22:36-40).

There is a lot of scripture that disagrees with your interpretation of God's WORD (see also previous section of this post).

How could it be a sin not to observe a day that was given only to Israel and never imposed, by God, on any other nation or people?

God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments given to God's people that give a knowledge of what SIN is if they are broken (Romans 3:20; 7:7; James 2:8-12; 1 John 3:4)

Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL. (Romans 11:16-27). If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL who are those that BELIEVE and FOLLOW the WORD of GOD then you have NO part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12).

Need more scripture? Please read; Galatains 3:28-29; Romans 9:6; Romans 2:28-29; Colossians 3:11; Romans 10:11-13; Jeremiah 31:33-34; Hebrews 8:10-12 and Romans 11:16-27.

Why do you keep listening to a crazy false prophet and a false remnant church? One that claims, in the place of Jesus, that the testimony is Ellen White, which is denying the true testimony, Jesus Christ. A church that places a 10 in front of commandments which is adding to scripture and are really Jesus commandments to His followers as stated in Jn 15:10. I would be ashamed to be part of such a group even though I have to recognize the good deeds they provide humanity. The Gnostics probably did good deeds too. It is a shame SDAs follow Ellen White in place of Jesus Christ.

Well none of that is true. I guess you have run out of scriptures for your teadchings.

Yes, the 10 that Paul tells us WERE the ministry of death and have been DONE AWAY. If I remember correctly they were part of an IF covenant that Israel failed in keeping. Correct me if I am wrong, if an agreement, covenant, is made between two parties and one party fails to meet the requirements of said covenant it becomes a broken covenant. The covenant then has no power. Would that be correct? If the covenant has no power then it is a worthless to both parties no matter how or who wrote it and what it was written on. The covenant is now an historical fact that it once held the two parties in agreement. Much can be gleaned from all that transpired during the the time the covenant was binding on both parties, but the fact is the covenant ended. The covenant ended and Jesus stepped in and offers all of mankind a new and better covenant.

We are living in the NEW Covenant not the OLD. Indeed God's Commandments were called the ministration of death because they give us a KNOWLEDGE of SIN (Romans 3:20) and the wages of SIN is death (Romans 6:23).

This is the purpose of the 10 Commandments in the OLD and NEW COVENANTS so that all the world may become guilty before GOD (Romans 3:19) and seek salvation by FAITH in the blood of Christ under the NEW COVENANT which is what 2 COR 3 is talking about.

It is not God's Commandments that you teach are DONE AWAY. Paul does not teach this. It is the OLD COVENANT that is done away giving rise to the NEW COVENANT (see CONTEXT v3-6).

God's 10 Commandments are the standard in both the OLD and NEW COVENANTS and the Judgement to come that give us a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. You seem mixed up your SHADOWS with that which is ETERNAL.

Will you accept Jesus offer and stop trying to make others think we are somehow tied to the now defunct covenant that was the ministry of death? You have a wonderful opportunity to lay aside a false belief system for the amazing love covenant. Jesus suffered and endured so much physical pain, mental suffering because He bore the sins of all of us, and finally dying for the remission of our sins. In doing that He also ratified the new covenant with His own blood. What a wonderful truth we have. Why would anyone try to change the beautiful true story and undo what our Savior did for the Israelites and all mankind?Now tell me "That isn't true Bob."

"DITTO". I guess you have run out of scripture. Your error is in your understanding of what makes up the OLD Covenant and how it relates to the NEW. Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings of men that break the Commandments of God.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We read the Bible much differently. You demand a verse that says: Thou shalt not keep the 7th day sabbath. We have Jesus offering to those who did a replacement (Matthew 11:28-30) and a statement saying They shall not enter My rest you claim the sabbath provides.

No you don't. Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Post # 663 shows God's WORD disagrees with you CLICK ME.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well you say this and claim Jesus issued the ten commandments. No where does Jesus take possession of the ten commandments. In fact Jesus said My commandments and compared them to His Father's commandments. John also says Jesus didn't give (bring) the law in in 1:17.

None of that is true whatsoever. I do not say what you say. God's WORD says that the Heavenly father and Jesus are one in purpose and mind (John 10:30; John 17:11; John 17:21) and so are their commandments.

We do not have a different God in the OLD Testament and a different one in the NEW. John 1:17 says the law was given by Moses. It does not say it did not come from God nor does it say that God's Commandments are not from Jesus.

No where does Jesus take possession of the ten commandments.

Yet here we read in God's WORD Jesus taking possiession of the 10 Commandments...

MATTHEW 5:17-19 [17], Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. [18], For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. [19], Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

and again...

MATTHEW 22:36-40 [36], Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law? [37], Jesus said unto him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. [38], This is the first and great commandment. [39], And the second is like unto it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

and again...

MATTHEW 19:16-21 [16], And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? [17], And he said unto him, Why do you call me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if you will enter into life, keep the commandments. [18], He said unto him, Which? Jesus said, You shall do no murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, [19], Honor your father and your mother: and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [20], The young man said unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? [21], Jesus said unto him, If you will be perfect, go and sell what you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Seems like God's WORD disagrees with your teachings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But still against the LAW given 430 years later, that SDA's say Abraham knew and kept.

Indeed the scripture you quote from says that God's LAW was given to ISRAEL 430 years AFTER EGYPT not since the beggining of creation.

ACTS 7:2-7 [2], And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Haran, [3], And said unto him, Get you out of your country, and from your kindred, and come into the land which I shall show you. [4], Then came he out of the land of the Chaldeans, and dwelt in Haran: and from there, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, in which you now dwell. [5], And he gave him no inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his descendants after him, when as yet he had no child. [6], And God spoke in this way, That his descendants should live in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and ill-treat them for four hundred years. [7], And the nation <Egypt> to whom they shall be in bondage will I judge, said God: and after that shall they come forth, and serve me in this place.

links to ...

GALATAINS 3:16-17 [16], Now to Abraham and his descendant were the promises made. He says not, And to descendants, as of many; but as of one, And to your descendant, who is Christ. [17], And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before by God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of no effect.

CONCLUSION: The scriptures you quote are in relation to God's COVENANT to the NATION of ISRAEL after being into BONDAGE or slavery to the NATION of EGYPT. It does not say that God's people did NOT know God's LAWS before MOSES.

Genesis 26:5, Because Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

No only did ABRAHAM know God's Commandments that give a KNOWLEDGE of SIN which is the pre-requesit for FORGIVENESS of SIN. He had the laws for REMISSION of SIN under the OLD COVENANT which was in SIN offereings (burnt offerings)

Genesis 22
And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
7, And Isaac spoke to Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
8, And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

13, And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

Burnt offereings were made for remission of SIN. What is SIN? Sin is disobedience to God's WORD and includes breaking God's Commandments (Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11; 1 John 3:4). It is God's WORD and his LAW that give us a KNOWLEDGE of SIN (Romans 3:20)

Romans 3
Now we know that what things soever the law said, it said to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20, Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

NOW if GOD tells us that Abraham kept his TORAH (LAWS) then is God's 4th Commandment not part of the TORAH?

Indeed it is. Where does it say in God's WORD that Abraham or any of God's people before MOSES did NOT Keep God's Sabbath or did not know God's laws?

God says Abraham kept TORAH (God's teachings and instructions; they knew what SIN was(breaking God's law and how to seek God's forgiveness when they sinned (burn't offerings.). You say Abraham DID NOT keep TORAH (This includes God's 4th Commandment). Who do we believe you or God's WORD?

If you would like more scripture let me know and we can talk about SIN and Joseph and Potifers wife; Noah and the flood as well as Sodom and Gomorah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Stop lying and saying I am not correct at all about what you believe! I just read your part one and two and that is exactly what you believe. That Hebrews 4 is all about keeping the 7th day Sabbath. NO! It is about the GOSPEL!

Hi 1stcenturylady, nice to see you.

You do know that the Gospel is Jesus and Jesus is the WORD OF GOD right? So the GOSPEL is the WORD OF GOD and we are to live by EVERY WORD of it (Matt 4:4) Some make the mistake of cherry picking scriptures from God's WORD to hold on to their tradtiions that break the commandments of God. This was the mistake the mainstream preachers of the day did in the times of Jesus.

Jesus responded by saying...

MATTHEW 15:3-9
[3], But he answered and said unto them, Why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? [4], For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death. [5], But you say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift devoted to God, whatsoever you might have received from me; [6], And honors not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have you made the commandment of God void by your tradition. [7], You hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying, [8], These people draw near unto me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. [9], But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

CONCLUSION: Those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are sinning against God and are NOT following God.

Those that did not enter into God's SABBATH REST did not enter into GOD'S REST because they did not BELIEVE GOD and were sinning against him.

Scriptures provided already in post # 692; post # 693 and post # 694 linked.

There is a lot of scripture that disagrees with you it seems.

1. Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest,

Your point is? Already discussed post # 694 linked.

14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. All three of you, @EastCoastRemnant, @BobRyan and you are these above!

Indeed many do not know why God has given us GRACE or what FAITH is for.

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

ROMANS 1:5, By whom we have received GRACE and apostleship, FOR OBEDIENCE TO THE FAITH among all nations, for his name.

Romans 6:1-2, [1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. [2], How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

DOES FAITH ABOLISH GOD'S LAW?

ROMANS 3:31 [31], Do we then ABOLISH THE LAW THROUGH FAITH? GOD FORBID: YES, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THOSE WHO CONTINUE IN SIN ONCE THEY RECEIVE A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH?

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Seems like God's WORD disagrees with you.

Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Those who CONTINUE in UNBELIEF and UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hi 1stcenturylady, nice to see you.

You do know that the Gospel is Jesus and Jesus is the WORD OF GOD right? So the GOSPEL is the WORD OF GOD and we are to live by EVERY WORD of it (Matt 4:4) Some make the mistake of cherry picking scriptures from God's WORD to hold on to their tradtiions that break the commandments of God. This was the mistake the mainstream preachers of the day did in the times of Jesus.

Jesus responded by saying...

MATTHEW 15:3-9
[3], But he answered and said unto them, Why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? [4], For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death. [5], But you say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift devoted to God, whatsoever you might have received from me; [6], And honors not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have you made the commandment of God void by your tradition. [7], You hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying, [8], These people draw near unto me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. [9], But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

CONCLUSION: Those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are sinning against God and are NOT following God.

Those that did not enter into God's SABBATH REST did not enter into GOD'S REST because they did not BELIEVE GOD and were sinning against him.

Scriptures provided already in post # 692; post # 693 and post # 694 linked.

There is a lot of scripture that disagrees with you it seems.

Your point is? Already discussed post # 694 linked.

Indeed many do not know why God has given us GRACE or what FAITH is for.

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

ROMANS 1:5, By whom we have received GRACE and apostleship, FOR OBEDIENCE TO THE FAITH among all nations, for his name.

Romans 6:1-2, [1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. [2], How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

DOES FAITH ABOLISH GOD'S LAW?

ROMANS 3:31 [31], Do we then ABOLISH THE LAW THROUGH FAITH? GOD FORBID: YES, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THOSE WHO CONTINUE IN SIN ONCE THEY RECEIVE A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH?

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Seems like God's WORD disagrees with you.

Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Those who CONTINUE in UNBELIEF and UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

Wow, you don't know what the GOSPEL is? You want to twist it around to again be LAW? All I can say is, better that, than 'grace is a license to sin' that some denominations out of the Reformation twisted into being. I am neither, and believe what the New Testament is really all about. That Jesus was manifest to take away our sin, and in Him there is no sin. Through the baptism of the Holy Spirit, all desire to sin is gone, and we are no longer sinners, but holy and righteous. I know that identity and can testify that the Word of God is true.

Thanks for the long-winded chat.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wow, you don't know what the GOSPEL is? You want to twist it around to again be LAW? All I can say is, better that, than 'grace is a license to sin' that some denominations out of the Reformation twisted into being. I am neither, and believe what the New Testament is really all about. That Jesus was manifest to take away our sin, and in Him there is no sin. Through the baptism of the Holy Spirit, all desire to sin is gone, and we are no longer sinners, but holy and righteous. I know that identity and can testify that the Word of God is true.
Thanks for the long-winded chat.

Now it seems you are making stuff up where are your scripures?

If you disagree with the scriptures I have sent you, don't ignore them like you are doing. Respond to them with scripture. All you are doing is providing your own words over God's WORD.

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the comamndments of God.

We all can choose to BELIEVE God's WORD or not BELIEVE God's WORD. The mistake of the Children of Israel in the wilderness was that they chose NOT to BELIEVE God's WORD and did not enter into God's REST.

The scriptures I post are not my words, they are God's WORD. If you choose to BELIEVE God's WORD or not BELIEVE God's WORD it is between you and God. I do not judge you.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
When heaven was perfect, the eternal law was "love God with all your strength, mind and body." Obedience to God out of love was proof the eternal law was being kept. That is the law Lucifer transgressed. He stopped loving God and wanted His place.

Before earth, there was no such thing as "thou shalt not." Adam was given the first 'thou shalt not' that was added to the eternal law and that was to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil to protect them. It was also to train them in obedience.

But Adam sinned and they were cast out of the garden, lest they eat of the tree of life, and they were cursed, but in that curse was the gospel of redemption preached to them, the seed of the woman. Hebrews 4:1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’”

although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. (The plan of redemption).

Then to Abraham, the gospel was that the Seed of the woman would come through him. The coming Seed (Jesus) was the gospel.

To the Jews the eternal law was lengthened to add love your neighbor. It seems Daniel was the first to write the name of the Seed as the Messiah. Because of rampant sin against loving God, the covenant of the Ten Commandments whose sign was the Sabbath, engraved on stone also called the ministry of death (2 Corinthians 3:7) (Galatians 3:19-25) was added as a tutor, just till the Messiah who would take away our sin, and in Him there there would be no sin. (1 John 3:5) This was to be the fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy about the Messiah.

To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,

John was Jesus was manifested to take away our sin, and in Him there is no sin. In this light Jesus words quoting Isa. 61 makes sense that He is freeing us from sin.

Jesus quoted Isaiah 61
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

When the Messiah died for our sins, the eternal law of God remained and was written on our hearts, to love God with all our strength, mind and spirit, and our neighbor as ourselves. The law of the Messiah who took away our sin was this eternal law, simply by faith to believe on the name of His Son, Jesus Christ (who is God), and to love one another. This was the New Covenant commandments based on the blood of Jesus, and whose sign was the Cup of the New Covenant. (1 Cor. 11:25)

Jesus is coming back for a spotless Bride. She is without sin. In other words, she is not a sinner. She is perfect. She is righteous. She is holy. Revelation 22:11 "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.” And thus, the eternal law of loving God will continue forever throughout eternity. And there will be no more sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When heaven was perfect, the eternal law was "love God with all your strength, mind and body." Obedience to God out of love was proof the eternal law was being kept. That is the law Lucifer transgressed. He stopped loving God and wanted His place. Before earth, there was no such thing as "thou shalt not." Adam was given the first 'thou shalt not' that was added to the eternal law and that was to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil to protect them. It was also to train them in obedience. But Adam sinned and they were cast out of the garden, lest they eat of the tree of life, and they were cursed, but in that curse was the gospel of redemption preached to them, the seed of the woman.

Indeed this is true as mankind were in harmony with God and did not have or need any KNOWLEDGE of SIN because they were in harmony with God through LOVE, BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD.

Hebrews 4:1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. (The plan of redemption).

Indeed this is the Sabbath REST being spoken of here. CONTEXT is ISRAEL in the wilderness (Hebrews Chapters 3-4) and the SABBATH

HEBREWS 4:3-4
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
[4], For he spoke in a certain place of the SEVENTH DAY on this wise, And God did rest the SEVENTH DAY from all his works. [5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. [6], Seeing therefore it remains that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief

CONTEXT is the SABBATH REST. See also the earlier post # 694 linked showing you cannot have SABBATH rest without gospel rest (Matt 11:28-30)

Only those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD enter into God's Gospel and SABBATH rest. Those who do not BELIEVE God's WORD and FOLLOW it are those that do not enter into God's REST and HEBREWS 3-4 are a WARNING.

To the Jews the eternal law was lengthened to add love your neighbor. It seems Daniel was the first to write the name of the Seed as the Messiah. Because of rampant sin against loving God, the covenant of the Ten Commandments engraved on stone also called the ministry of death (2 Corinthians 3:7) (Galatians 3:19-25) was added as a tutor, just till the Messiah who would take away our sin, and in Him there there would be no sin. (1 John 3:5) This was to be the fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy about the Messiah.

To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,

When the Messiah died for our sins, the eternal law of God remained and was written on our hearts, to love God with all our strength, mind and spirit, and our neighbor as ourselves. The law of the Messiah who took away our sin was this eternal law, simply by faith to believe on the name of His Son, Jesus Christ (who is God), and to love one another.

I will only add here that there is more to what the OLD COVENANT is and what made it up then God's 10 Commandments. This is where I believe you are having difficulty in understanding and it is affecting your interpretation of some of the NEW TESTAMENT scriptures because sometimes you mix up the SHADOWS pointing to Jesus and God's plan of salvation with that which is the ETERNAL law of God that is the standard of the OLD and NEW COVENANTS and the Judgement to come.

Jesus is coming back for a spotless Bride. She is without sin. In other words, she is not a sinner. She is perfect. She is righteous. She is holy. Revelation 22:11 "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.” And thus, the eternal law of loving God will continue forever throughout eternity. And there will be no more sin.

AMEN! :oldthumbsup: But here is where you have a problem. SIN is the transgression of God's LAW (Romans 7:7; James 2:8-12; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The point that you are missing Bob is to BELIEVE God means to also FOLLOW God and do what he says. This is what saving FAITH means. This is what the whole Chapter of 1 JOHN 3 is talking about when it says if you are SINNING against God by breaking God's Commandments (1 John 3:3-15) you are NOT BELIEVING God or are you in God's truth (1 John 2:3-4), neither do you LOVE God (John 14:15; Matthew 22:36-40). There is a lot of scripture that disagrees with your interpretation of God's WORD here.

Not at all LGW. 1jn3:19-24 is teaching us what the commandments of God are and they ain't what you tellus they are. Believe LGW or John? Don't have to give that much thought.

Not at all Bob, I am only providing God's WORD. These are God's WORDS not my words. You can choose to BELIEVE them or not BELIEVE them. I do not judge you.

I guess you have run out of scripture again as all you are speaking is your words again over God's WORD. Do you have any more scriptures to share Bob? If not you should beleive the WORD of God over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Jesus is indeed God (John 1:14). The 10 Commandments are the commandments of Jesus and God the father. Our heavenly father and Jesus do not have different commandments from each other because they are one in mind and purpose....

John 10:30
, I and my Father are one. Maybe you need more scripture as you seem confused on the subject?

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to you. Holy Father, keep through your own name those whom you have given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that you have sent me.

You miss the CONTEXT of 1 John 3:19-23 which is 1 John 3:3-15. By ignoring the CONTEXT of these scriptures you are quoting, you do not understand their meaning.

1 John 3:3-15 says if you are SINNING against God by breaking God's Commandments you are NOT BELIEVING or know God or are you in God's truth (1 John 2:3-4), neither do you LOVE God (John 14:15; Matthew 22:36-40).
and 19-24 explains what God's commandment are LGW and they ain't the Sinai covenant laws.

There is a lot of scripture that disagrees with your interpretation of God's WORD (see also previous section of this post).
I guess you have run out of scripture again as all you are speaking is your words again over God's WORD. Do you have any more scriptures to share LGW?

God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments given to God's people that give a knowledge of what SIN is if they are broken (Romans 3:20; 7:7; James 2:8-12; 1 John 3:4)

Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL. (Romans 11:16-27). If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL who are those that BELIEVE and FOLLOW the WORD of GOD then you have NO part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12).

Need more scripture? Please read; Galatains 3:28-29; Romans 9:6; Romans 2:28-29; Colossians 3:11; Romans 10:11-13; Jeremiah 31:33-34; Hebrews 8:10-12 and Romans 11:16-27.

We are living in the NEW Covenant not the OLD. Indeed God's Commandments were called the ministration of death because they give us a KNOWLEDGE of SIN (Romans 3:20) and the wages of SIN is death (Romans 6:23).

This is the purpose of the 10 Commandments in the OLD and NEW COVENANTS so that all the world may become guilty before GOD (Romans 3:19) and seek salvation by FAITH in the blood of Christ under the NEW COVENANT which is what 2 COR 3 is talking about.

It is not God's Commandments that you teach are DONE AWAY. Paul does not teach this. It is the OLD COVENANT that is done away giving rise to the NEW COVENANT (see CONTEXT v3-6).

God's 10 Commandments are the standard in both the OLD and NEW COVENANTS and the Judgement to come that give us a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. You seem mixed up your SHADOWS with that which is ETERNAL.

"DITTO". I guess you have run out of scripture. Your error is in your understanding of what makes up the OLD Covenant and how it relates to the NEW. Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings of men that break the Commandments of God.

I guess you have run out of scripture again as all you are speaking is your words again over God's WORD. Do you have any more scriptures to share Bob?

Well none of that is true. I guess you have run out of scriptures for your teadchings.

Renowned statement. What were the words of the covenant LGW. You write in circles.

Thanks for all the times you put me down. I appreciate you setting me straight with the above statements. I am sure it must be exhausting to have to use the sme put downs in every post. It must be very rewarding to never be wrong about any topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not at all LGW. 1jn3:19-24 is teaching us what the commandments of God are and they ain't what you tellus they are. Believe LGW or John? Don't have to give that much thought.

and 19-24 explains what God's commandment are LGW and they ain't the Sinai covenant laws.

I guess you have run out of scripture again as all you are speaking is your words again over God's WORD. Do you have any more scriptures to share LGW?
I guess you have run out of scripture again as all you are speaking is your words again over God's WORD. Do you have any more scriptures to share Bob?

Renowned statement. What were the words of the covenant LGW. You write in circles.

Thanks for all the times you put me down. I appreciate you setting me straight with the above statements. I am sure it must be exhausting to have to use the sme put downs in every post. It must be very rewarding to never be wrong about any topic.

Hi Bob,

You have not responded to any scriptures in the post that disagrees with you? If you find that what you BELIEVE conficts with other scriptures it should be a warning sign to you that maybe your interpretation of the scritures is not correct.

Bob your a funny one, how can I run out of scripture when all I have provided to you is scripture :)

Bob S wrote; I guess you have run out of scripture again as all you are speaking is your words again over God's WORD. Do you have any more scriptures to share Bob?

You may need to correct some parts of your post above it seems like you are talking to yourself?

You are free to BELIEVE God's WORD or not BELIEVE God's WORD. I do not judge you . Your salvation is between you and God.

There is no put downs, Bob in my posts to you only scriptures that disagree with you. You pull out sections out of posts that do not show context or what is being responded to.

Here let me add the contexrt back in for you....

Bob S said:
You cannot believe John's words because you believe Ellen White over what scripture is teaching us.

Bob S said:
I cannot express the fact that it has been proven over and over tha Ellen White was a false prophet and your belief system is so closely tied to her writings that you ignore completely what all of us are trying to teach you from the Word. Too bad, way too bad. You provide nothing but lame excuses really not worthy of our response. The only reason I can think of is that the Holy Spirit is trying very hard to give you a fair chance to escape false beliefs. You can continue with your canned responses indicating that we are all wrong, but it will not stop us from setting you straight and allowing the lurkers to observe the real truth. I am sure that any intelligent person can see that you are not presenting the true Gospel.

Bob S said:
Why do you keep listening to a crazy false prophet and a false remnant church? One that claims, in the place of Jesus, that the testimony is Ellen White, which is denying the true testimony, Jesus Christ. A church that places a 10 in front of commandments which is adding to scripture and are really Jesus commandments to His followers as stated in Jn 15:10. I would be ashamed to be part of such a group even though I have to recognize the good deeds they provide humanity. The Gnostics probably did good deeds too. It is a shame SDAs follow Ellen White in place of Jesus Christ.

Bob S said:
Will you accept Jesus offer and stop trying to make others think we are somehow tied to the now defunct covenant that was the ministry of death? You have a wonderful opportunity to lay aside a false belief system for the amazing love covenant. Jesus suffered and endured so much physical pain, mental suffering because He bore the sins of all of us, and finally dying for the remission of our sins. In doing that He also ratified the new covenant with His own blood. What a wonderful truth we have. Why would anyone try to change the beautiful true story and undo what our Savior did for the Israelites and all mankind?Now tell me "That isn't true Bob."

the beam Bob.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Indeed this is true as mankind were in harmony with God and did not have or need any KNOWLEDGE of SIN because they were in harmony with God through LOVE, BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD.

Indeed this is the Sabbath REST being spoken of here. CONTEXT is ISRAEL in the wilderness (Hebrews Chapters 3-4) and the SABBATH

HEBREWS 4:3-4
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
[4], For he spoke in a certain place of the SEVENTH DAY on this wise, And God did rest the SEVENTH DAY from all his works. [5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. [6], Seeing therefore it remains that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief

CONTEXT is the SABBATH REST. See also the earlier post # 694 linked showing you cannot have SABBATH rest without gospel rest (Matt 11:28-30)

Only those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD enter into God's Gospel and SABBATH rest. Those who do not BELIEVE God's WORD and FOLLOW it are those that do not enter into God's REST and HEBREWS 3-4 are a WARNING.

I will only add here that there is more to what the OLD COVENANT is and what made it up then God's 10 Commandments. This is where I believe you are having difficulty in understanding and it is affecting your interpretation of some of the NEW TESTAMENT scriptures because sometimes you mix up the SHADOWS pointing to Jesus and God's plan of salvation with that which is the ETERNAL law of God that is the standard of the OLD and NEW COVENANTS and the Judgement to come.

AMEN! :oldthumbsup: But here is where you have a problem. SIN is the transgression of God's LAW (Romans 7:7; James 2:8-12; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4).

Romans 14:5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Romans 14:5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.

Nice scripture 1stcenturylady, I love the book of Romans

Thanks for sharing but your point is?

Romans 14 is a reference to food and fasting connected to days.

There is no mention of God's 4th commandment at all in all the book of Romans the same as there is not one scripture in ALL of Gods WORD that says God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

Are you trying to read something into the scriptures that is not there?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Nice scripture 1stcenturylady, I love the book of Romans

Thanks for sharing but your point is?

Romans 14 is a reference to food and fasting connected to days.

There is no mention of God's 4th commandment at all in all the book of Romans the same as there is not one scripture in ALL of Gods WORD that says God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

Are you trying to read something into the scriptures that is not there?

I do not judge you for keeping the Sabbath to honor God, anymore than you should judge me for resting in Jesus everyday to the Lord.

Upvote 0