Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL (Romans 11:16-27) If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 10:8-12)

You mix up your SHADOWS from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT with God's ETERNAL LAW which are the standard of the OLD and the NEW and the Judgement to come.

Where in all of God's WORD does it say God's 4th Commandment has now been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep SUNDAY as a HOLY day?

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Broken record

What he said.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
First of all I didn't write that it has been "abolished" so stop writing things that are not true. What I did was to quote what the Apostle Paul wrote. I pasted the following:
11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious."

Those are not my words LGW and if you don't agree with the Apostle Paul then I guess you will have to take it up with him, not me.

Broken record. Ya Ya, tell that to Paul.

Then quit thumping old covenant laws that were meant only for Israel. Shush!

Hi Bob, I am only seeing more of your words over God's WORD. Did you have any scriptures to share in relation to the posts I have sent you and the links with the scriptures in them that diasagree with you?

What you posted above and in your earlier post is in relation to the OLD COVENANT pointing to the NEW. What I am challenging is your interpretation of what the OLD COVENANT is and how it relates to the NEW. That is what those two links were for and all the scripture in them in the previous post to you.

You mix up the SHADOWS with the eternal law of God that gives the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is.

Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPETNANT SIN will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow the WORD of GOD over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What he said.

God Bless

Till all are one.

I see, so you have no scripture that says God's 4th Commandments has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

I did not think so. We could of saved you a lot of time with your posting earlier.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What Abraham and everyone before and after him kept till after Christ was the requirement of a blood sacrifice. Abraham married his sister, so it wasn't the whole covenant law that Abraham kept as you imply. What was imputed to him as righteousness, was that Abraham believed the VOICE of God to him directly, and believed Him. He believed he would have a son, and he obeyed God to sacrifice that son.

Another very good point.

We have been declared righteous by God, and been justified.

Abraham as our example.

If we have already been "judged" by God, and declared "righteous" and "justified" why do we need to place ourselves back under the Law?

That is why I really don't like SDA's.

Everybody in the world is wrong, except them and their "ritual" observance of the Sabbath.

:sigh:

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see, so you have no scripture that says God's 4th Commandments has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

I did not think so. We could of saved you a lot of time with your posting earlier.

Again, as you accuse me of sidestepping your question, you do the same.

What will God judge us on?

Ritual observance of the Sabbath?

Or if the Blood of the Lamb has been applied?

You want the first, and ignore the second.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Another very good point.

Abraham as our example.

If we have already been "judged" by God, and declared "righteous" and "justified" why do we need to place ourselves back under the Law?

Everybody in the world is wrong, except them and their "ritual" observance of the Sabbath.

God Bless

Till all are one.

I'm an ex-SDA. Even though they don't understand fully the gospel of Christ, at least they don't believe they now have a license to sin, which is a far greater heresy.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Again, as you accuse me of sidestepping your question, you do the same.

What will God judge us on?

Ritual observance of the Sabbath?

Or if the Blood of the Lamb has been applied?

You want the first, and ignore the second.

God Bless

Till all are one.

He believes some of us Sunday worshipers will be okay as it was done in ignorance. However, someone like ME, who was once SDA, he condemns as having once known "the truth."

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He believes some of us Sunday worshipers will be okay as it was done in ignorance. However, someone like ME, who was once SDA, he condemns as having once known "the truth."

Here again, that why I do not like SDA's.

According to them, we are still bound to the Law.

Ignoring that the Decalogue and the Torah was given to "corporate Israel".

Up until the Cross, Gentiles were cut off and excluded from salvation (except to convert to ritual Judaism) and the blessings of God.

I'll take grace any day.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Here again, that why I do not like SDA's.

According to them, we are still bound to the Law.

Ignoring that the Decalogue and the Torah was given to "corporate Israel".

Up until the Cross, Gentiles were cut off and excluded from salvation (except to convert to ritual Judaism) and the blessings of God.

I'll take grace any day.

God Bless

Till all are one.

My understanding of grace is not common. What is your definition of grace to a Christian regarding sin?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Another very good point.

Abraham as our example.

God Bless

Till all are one.

The Jews and the mainstream preachers in the days of Jesus claimed that they were the Children of God because they said they were the seed of Abraham.

The very same topics that we discuss here was also discussed in the day of Jesus. The mainstream preachers of Christ's time all claimed to be Children of God because their claim was that they were the Children of Abraham right? This was their claim to being God's people.

JOHN 8
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how say thou, Ye shall be made free?

They claimed belief on the God of Abraham, they claimed to be in bondage to no man. But what did Jesus tell them...............?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin.

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

There is more on this engagement between Jesus and the Mainstream God of Abraham preachers of His time in John 8.

NONE are accounted RIGHTESOUS before God while CONTINUING in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN. Neither is anyone justified without REPENTANCE and turning away from SIN. Jesus says if you were the Children of Abraham you would do the works of Abraham. Another words we must BELIEVE and FOLLOW the WORD of GOD. Those who say they BELIEVE but do not FOLLOW do not have ABRAHAM as their example.

Those who BREAK God's COMMANDMENTS are the ones God's WORD says that are "UNDER THE LAW" because they stand guilty before God in SIN of breaking it (Romans 3:19-20).

Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPETNANT SIN will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow the WORD of GOD over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What Abraham and everyone before and after him kept till after Christ was the requirement of a blood sacrifice. Abraham married his sister, so it wasn't the whole covenant law that Abraham kept as you imply. What was imputed to him as righteousness, was that Abraham believed the VOICE of God to him directly, and believed Him. He believed he would have a son, and he obeyed God to sacrifice that son.

I was not implying that Abraham kept the whole Mosaic Covenant only God's LAWS as referenced from Genesis 26:5 which included God's LAWS for the KNOWLEDGE OF SIN and SACRIFICES for burnt offerings (Forgiveness of SINS). But the post above is relevant also to faith of which Abraham represents.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Jews and the mainstream preachers in the days of Jesus claimed that they were the Children of God because they said they were the seed of Abraham.

The very same topics that we discuss here was also discussed in the day of Jesus. The mainstream preachers of Christ's time all claimed to be Children of God because their claim was that they were the Children of Abraham right? This was their claim to being God's people.

JOHN 8
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how say thou, Ye shall be made free?

They claimed belief on the God of Abraham, they claimed to be in bondage to no man. But what did Jesus tell them...............?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin.

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

There is more on this engagement between Jesus and the Mainstream God of Abraham preachers of His time in John 8.

NONE are accounted RIGHTESOUS before God while CONTINUING in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN. Neither is anyone justified without REPENTANCE and turning away from SIN. Jesus says if you were the Children of Abraham you would do the works of Abraham. Another words we must BELIEVE and FOLLOW the WORD of GOD. Those who say they BELIEVE but do not FOLLOW do not have ABRAHAM as their example.

Those who BREAK God's COMMANDMENTS are the ones God's WORD says that are "UNDER THE LAW" because they stand guilty before God in SIN of breaking it (Romans 3:19-20).

Talk to the hand.

You have been given sufficient evidence contrary to your point.

You ignore it.

Fine by me.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My understanding of grace is not common. What is your definition of grace to a Christian regarding sin?

Grace, just like what Paul said, is not a licensee to sin. Rather, it is the grace that God will allow us to confess it, and be given forgiveness. (cf. 1 Jn. 1:8-10)

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Talk to the hand.

You have been given sufficient evidence contrary to your point.

You ignore it.

Fine by me.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Hello DD,

You are free to BELIEVe God's WORD or not BELIEVE God's WORD, I do not judge you. God's WORD however will judge ALL of us in the last days (John 12:47-48)

You have been provided with God's WORD that disagrees with you. They are God's WORD not mine. All you have provided are long posts that do not answer the questions asked or support your view. Neither do you respond to any of the posts and scriptures in them that disagree with you.

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow him who calls us in LOVE to LOVE another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

No where is it COMMANDED to keep Sunday. It was a tradition recognized by the apostles, but there was no command to keep any DAY, only Jesus.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Grace, just like what Paul said, is not a licensee to sin. Rather, it is the grace that God will allow us to confess it, and be given forgiveness. (cf. 1 Jn. 1:8-10)

God Bless

Till all are one.

So just to be clear, is that sin, repent, forgiveness; sin, repent, forgiveness; sin, repent, forgiveness >>>?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Decalogue is Love... how to love God

I love God by not having any other gods above Him

I love God by not making an idol of anything to worship

I love God by not taking His name in vain

I love God by setting aside 1/7th of the time God has given me to spend with Him

I love God by honouring my parents

I love God by not taking a life through anger

I love God by not being unfaithful to my spouse

I love God by not taking what is someone elses property

I love God by not lying about someone for gain or spite

I love God by not desiring the things He has not given me

I don't see wrath from God if I do these things, do you?
Is spanking love? Are demands love? The law isn't given to show love.

Upvote 0