Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Oh I don't know but the scripture says Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers... I Timothy 1:9

Guess you missed it when Standing Up quoted it.

Do you need more?

bugkiller

yep..your right,I think what snares the lawkeepers,is the law.It arouses sin,so then they say,,"see,told you I need it!".Not realizing,the law is a snare for the conscience,as Calvin put it.

Luther called the law a tryant!:D

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There were two types of calendars keep by different factions with Judaism at the time of Christ. He kept the Passover with one group and died in time with the Temple services of the other group.

That's a vestige of the 2 passover custom from the diaspora. Those outside Jerusalem supposedly couldn't be sure of "telling time" by the new moon. So, they assigned passover at the end of the 14th and end of the 15th.

The 2 passover custom, though, began at 2nd Chronicles 35:14 And afterward they made ready for themselves, and for the priests: because the priests the sons of Aaron [were busied] in offering of burnt offerings and the fat until night; therefore the Levites prepared for themselves, and for the priests the sons of Aaron.

So, they (priests, levites) started as the 14th began at sunset, slaying for the children of Israel until night. Afterward, (at the end of the 14th) they prepared for themselves.

That's the custom that began in the diaspora (assyrian) and continued through Jesus' time (synoptics vs. John). Later still, the Mishna would change it only to the end of the 14th and end of the 15th.

Today, we find that 2 passover custom existing for those in and out of Jerusalem.

Upvote 0