On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good thoughts.But then again,what is good for the passover(goose),is good for the Sabbath(gander).

Sooooo,where does all this fit in today,for a gentile frog?

Fulfillment in Christ.

They taught the gentiles the fulfilled Mosaic Law. Not to try to keep it in the flesh, but to see how it prophesied Christ and was fulfilled. The Reality is Christ from which the shadows were cast. Build what you saw, He told Moses.

So, gather on Sunday, the eighth day, but do it with the right understanding. It was not because Christ rose Sunday sunrise, but because He is Creator. He rose as the Sabbath ended. He was there at/from the beginning. Evening, morning day 1 (Sunday, if you will). He didn't "appear" 12 hours into the new day as someone tardy, as sol invictus, the created.

Also, He sanctified the first fruits (barley) Mt. 27 of OT deceased who rose out from the dead and He presented them to the Father.

These things should hopefully build faith for us in Christ who are the wheat (pentecost) harvest resurrection. These things were prophesied and fulfilled in Christ. And will be for us too.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Fulfillment in Christ.

They taught the gentiles the fulfilled Mosaic Law. Not to try to keep it in the flesh, but to see how it prophesied Christ and was fulfilled. The Reality is Christ from which the shadows were cast. Build what you saw, He told Moses.

So, gather on Sunday, the eighth day, but do it with the right understanding. It was not because Christ rose Sunday sunrise, but because He is Creator. He rose as the Sabbath ended. He was there at/from the beginning. Evening, morning day 1 (Sunday, if you will). He didn't "appear" 12 hours into the new day as someone tardy, as sol invictus, the created.

Also, He sanctified the first fruits (barley) Mt. 27 of OT deceased who rose out from the dead and He presented them to the Father.

These things should hopefully build faith for us in Christ who are the wheat (pentecost) harvest resurrection. These things were prophesied and fulfilled in Christ. And will be for us too.

Well..I undertsand.I think if people find meaning in something,,fine.:)

Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I get upset about this, because if you are right, and the law code has not been blotted out, then we are all damned. For all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. And if I am on the highway to sheol, well, I'm going to start acting like it.

Just to touch base on this, it's not that you aren't damned because the law has been blotted out. You aren't damned because you have moved from death to life by accepting Christ. It is at that point that His grace covers you and all the wrong that you have done is longer looked at or held against you.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's not fair. You know in all honesty everyone does "selective" law keeping.

But that's a problem for Christians. If you try one thing, you're obligated to the whole. And like everyone but Christ before us, we'll fail. That's why He is our righteousness. Like Paul, we want to be found in Him.

It's really a heart issue. If you want to worship Sunday, then don't condemn your brother who does it on Saturday, like they did beginning in 325. Those who worship Saturday and condemn those who worship Sunday are the mirror image of the hatred from over the last 1700 years.

Be convinced in your own mind. We live by faith. Love your brother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well..I undertsand.I think if people find meaning in something,,fine.:)

Thanks for your reply.

Meaning in something. We have been set free, out of Egypt into the promised land. Let's not go back and be sure we worship God in spirit and in truth.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But that's a problem for Christians. If you try one thing, you're obligated to the whole. And like everyone but Christ before us, we'll fail. That's why He is our righteousness. Like Paul, we want to be found in Him.

It's really a heart issue. If you want to worship Sunday, then don't condemn your brother who does it on Saturday, like they did beginning in 325. Those who worship Saturday and condemn those who worship Sunday are the mirror image of the hatred from over the last 1700 years.

Be convinced in your own mind. We live by faith. Love your brother.

You still have a problem. You were a lawbreaker and thus subject to death, before you came to Christ and while you were getting to know Him. The law didn't just vanish once you accepted Him.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You still have a problem. You were a lawbreaker and thus subject to death, before you came to Christ and while you were getting to know Him. The law didn't just vanish once you accepted Him.

I sinned and received the penalty that is death. But gentiles have never been under the law of Moses, nor were the fathers (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob).

Christ fulfilled the requirements of Mosaic Law. Then raised to everlasting life as proof. I want to be found in Him not having any righteousness of my own, but His righteousness.

So, whatever we do, we want to glorify Him. Whether we worship on Sat or Sun has nothing to do with anything. The real issue is condemning others in the Body. And it goes on from both sides.

Keep the Sabbath? We don't/can't. Pick and choose. Doesn't work that way. It's all or none.

Sever yourself from the root as the church did some 1700 years ago. Not good either. It's led to all sorts of heresy, schisms, bloodshed, and foolishness.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just to touch base on this, it's not that you aren't damned because the law has been blotted out. You aren't damned because you have moved from death to life by accepting Christ. It is at that point that His grace covers you and all the wrong that you have done is longer looked at or held against you.
So now that I am no longer Whiskey-Bent-and-Whatever do I need the law for righteousness?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That's not fair. You know in all honesty everyone does "selective" law keeping.
I don't think that everyone does selective law keeping. Just because we sometimes coincide with something in the law does not mean we are observing it. I have neighbors who have similar actions and know nothing when it comes to the Bible. I would say ungodly. Coincidence does not mean compliance.

bugkiller

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes sir it did vanish when I came to know Christ. The law is not made for the righteous. When I came to Christ I was declared righteous. In fact infused with very righteousness of God. This is what is called imputed righteousness.

bugkiller

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I sinned and received the penalty that is death. But gentiles have never been under the law of Moses, nor were the fathers (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob).

Christ fulfilled the requirements of Mosaic Law. Then raised to everlasting life as proof. I want to be found in Him not having any righteousness of my own, but His righteousness.

So, whatever we do, we want to glorify Him. Whether we worship on Sat or Sun has nothing to do with anything. The real issue is condemning others in the Body. And it goes on from both sides.

Keep the Sabbath? We don't/can't. Pick and choose. Doesn't work that way. It's all or none.

Sever yourself from the root as the church did some 1700 years ago. Not good either. It's led to all sorts of heresy, schisms, bloodshed, and foolishness.
Amem, ditto and :amen:

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes sir it did vanish when I came to know Christ. The law is not made for the righteous. When I came to Christ I was declared righteous. In fact infused with very righteousness of God. This is waht is called imputed righteousness.

bugkiller

I'm with you wholeheartedly about how we obtain righteousness. Why would the law have to "vanish" though once you come to Christ? It's clear that the law applies to sinners, I'm sure we agree to that. But where do we get the idea that it goes away once a sinner is saved?

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Spirit convicts by pointing out the law to you and showing your faults and your need for Christ.

Yes sir it did vanish when I came to know Christ. The law is not made for the righteous. When I came to Christ I was declared righteous. In fact infused with very righteousness of God. This is waht is called imputed righteousness.

bugkiller

Right. The Law pointed to Christ. It is a teacher to show how short we are, how filthy as rags.

1 Tim. 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and [of] a good conscience, and [of] faith unfeigned:

Love.

v9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Some may feel it unfair that the church seems to "get away" with redefining the Sabbath as a day, rather than as in the fulfilled work of Christ. Those of the schisms too make it a serious sin if you don't show up for mass/dl on Sunday. Again, they've just redefined and condemn what others are now reattempting. But God is not mocked, is not slow, as some seem to think.

Upvote 0