Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So I listen to the Air1 radio station a lot, and Brant Hansen, who is one of the DJ's, posted on his blog about something he terms "Jesus-Juking";

"Jesus-Juking": Some Tips

From the article;
"...It's all about adding a comment that will make everyone feel silly, and just plain unspiritual, for having the audacity to go about their daily lives..."
Do you know people who do this? Or have you done this yourself?

:cool:

Last edited:

TamaraLynne

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Michigan
✟11,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not see the humor :(

I actually do pay attention to nature and the things of God and I get excited about many things...Its alot like us following our children around when they are young and discovering things...but when I get excited or amazed it seems like people do the juked thing..in that it feels like the joy is being sucked away and replaced with shame for thinking in a joyful thinking mood...
so I see this happening alot :( just never heard it on the radio.

Like the other night when i went out onto the back part of my property I saw fireflies blanket the entire field and we would reach out our hands and the fireflies were not afraid as they sat in our hands..I think this world is beautiful but others think that I'm not suppose to think that way...

I really like horses and someday I hope to have one but I take delight in watching videos of horses...I love the things God has created...

Somehow tho....it is like 'm afraid to share sometimes because of the judgement of others.

Yes if someone is healed before my eyes...I'm amazed...because I spent a lifetime of not seeing it in the churches...I do get very excited when God shows up for all to see..its like when my youngest at the age of one saw a sparkler on the 4th of july and his eyes got big and his hands went to his cheeks and his mouth opened in amazement...he thought the sparkler was amazing :)

I don't think God gets upset at us but others feel that this mindset we have is wrong and they pull the juked card...

Is the radio station trying to make light of the joy sucking and expose it? To me it is reality and not funny but if they are exposing the words of others that steal joy..then they are being creative in their exposure..

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did not see the humor :(

I actually do pay attention to nature and the things of God and I get excited about many things...Its alot like us following our children around when they are young and discovering things...but when I get excited or amazed it seems like people do the juked thing..in that it feels like the joy is being sucked away and replaced with shame for thinking in a joyful thinking mood...
so I see this happening alot :( just never heard it on the radio.

Like the other night when i went out onto the back part of my property I saw fireflies blanket the entire field and we would reach out our hands and the fireflies were not afraid as they sat in our hands..I think this world is beautiful but others think that I'm not suppose to think that way...

I really like horses and someday I hope to have one but I take delight in watching videos of horses...I love the things God has created...

Somehow tho....it is like 'm afraid to share sometimes because of the judgement of others.

Yes if someone is healed before my eyes...I'm amazed...because I spent a lifetime of not seeing it in the churches...I do get very excited when God shows up for all to see..its like when my youngest at the age of one saw a sparkler on the 4th of july and his eyes got big and his hands went to his cheeks and his mouth opened in amazement...he thought the sparkler was amazing :)

I don't think God gets upset at us but others feel that this mindset we have is wrong and they pull the juked card...

Is the radio station trying to make light of the joy sucking and expose it? To me it is reality and not funny but if they are exposing the words of others that steal joy..then they are being creative in their exposure..

Hi Tamara,

I don't think the point was to denigrate genuine excitement and joy for the beauty of God's creation. It's hard not to be amazed at the wondrous creation of God. I just spent a week at Virginia Beach, and every morning as I stared out at the ocean all I could think of was the awesome power and wonder of our Heavenly Father.

Rather, I think the point was there are people who say things like this in an attempt to "out-pious" others. I'll expound on one of the examples that I've been guilty of myself;
5) Compare sports crowds, always, to church crowds.

Him: Wow! Touchdown! That was clutch! Woohoo!
You: If only people would get this excited about the Lord on Sunday mornings.
On the surface, this seems like it's super spiritual, but more often than not, it's a load of sanctimonious, self-righteous hooey-manuer intended only to make the person it's said to feel inferior to the more "spiritual" person.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with genuine excitement, joy and appreciation for God and His marvelous creation, but when it is used to make oneself feel superior to another, that's when it's wrong.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I stopped listening to Air1 admittedly... The DJs ruined it for me.... :(

I support Air1 on a monthly basis, because I consider it to be a huge blessing for our family. There's nothing more exciting than listening to my 6 and 9 year old children singing praise to God in the back seat of the car no matter how far we travel.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I support Air1 on a monthly basis, because I consider it to be a huge blessing for our family. There's nothing more exciting than listening to my 6 and 9 year old children singing praise to God in the back seat of the car no matter how far we travel.

Thats fair. :) i know it to be a huge blessing for some and I praise the Lord for that, just not for me thats all. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

TamaraLynne

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Michigan
✟11,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Tamara,

I don't think the point was to denigrate genuine excitement and joy for the beauty of God's creation. It's hard not to be amazed at the wondrous creation of God. I just spent a week at Virginia Beach, and every morning as I stared out at the ocean all I could think of was the awesome power and wonder of our Heavenly Father.

Rather, I think the point was there are people who say things like this in an attempt to "out-pious" others. I'll expound on one of the examples that I've been guilty of myself;
5) Compare sports crowds, always, to church crowds.

Him: Wow! Touchdown! That was clutch! Woohoo!
You: If only people would get this excited about the Lord on Sunday mornings.
On the surface, this seems like it's super spiritual, but more often than not, it's a load of sanctimonious, self-righteous hooey-manuer intended only to make the person it's said to feel inferior to the more "spiritual" person.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with genuine excitement, joy and appreciation for God and His marvelous creation, but when it is used to make oneself feel superior to another, that's when it's wrong.

oh...

Upvote 0