Jesus isn't eternal, he was created (Proverbs 8:22,30)

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
"holy spirit of God"

Why doesn't it say "God the Holy Spirit"?
Interesting..

God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Do you think that the Son of God is a demigod and the Holy Spirit is another demigod?

The Holy Spirit is called God:

Acts 5:3-4 [3] Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? [4] Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God."

Do we have fellowship with a force?

2 Corinthians 13:14
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They try to be good and obedient, I commend them for that. I sat in on several meetings and one convention on the Holy Spirit and I could not believe the complete misrepresentation of the Holy Spirit as a force. The bible teaches that "the Holy Spirit tteaches, guides, counsels, lead, gives truth, hears, speaks, is omnipotent, searches all knowledge (omniscient), is omnipresent, bears witness to Christ and glorifies Him, is wise, gives gifts, baptizes us, makes promises, loves us, fellowships with us , sanctifies us, justifies us, convicts us of sin and edifies us." RDB Does that sound like a force or a person? It actually describes God. In this convention of 8000 people and they hacked away at the word --as anyone would that doesn't have the Holy Spirit. Scripture is spiritually discerned. And frankly, if you dishonor or degrade Jesus, you dishonor the Father! They do not worship Jesus, and when it comes time it will be against what they've been taught to bow their knees to Him.
Yes they avoid sinful behavior and so do Jews, Buddhist Monks and many Muslims and even Hindus. That is expected of all of us, but it is their denial of Who Jesus really is, God in the flesh, that is degrading and dishonoring. Saying the Holy Spirit is a force and not a person is equivalent ot blaspheming the Holy Spirit, the unpardenable sin!

This is UNTRUE. Those that accept Christ AS The Son of God DO worship Christ. They simply DO NOT worship Christ AS God.

God CANNOT 'take on the flesh'. The Bible states that the 'flesh' CANNOT even look upon the face of God and LIVE. So that OBVIOUSLY means that the flesh CANNOT contain GOD.

And the Bible STATES that it was the SON of God that was obedient in 'taking on the flesh'.

God CANNOT suffer DEATH, (He CANNOT DIE).

God CANNOT sin. So He certainly couldn't TAKE ON the sins of this world. That is WHY His Son was sent to do that which The Father CANNOT DO. For if God COULD do the things that YOU say were done, He wouldn't, COULDN'T be God.

When the Son was Baptized a voice from Heaven was heard. That WAS God. That was GOD proclaiming HIS SON. It was certainly NOT God proclaiming Himself for it clearly stated that, "This is MY beloved SON in whom "I" am well pleased".

And upon the cross before taking His last breath, upon taking on the sins of this world, it was MANDATORY that God ABANDON His Son. And we have the proof of this in His Son's very words, "My God, my God, why hath thou forsaken me?"

How FOOLISH would it be for God to be speaking to HIMSELF in such a manner. We weren't offered these words to cause confusion but to offer UNDERSTANDING.

We have the story of Christ's Baptism where the Spirit was SEEN to ascent upon the Son LIKE A DOVE. And then we have the words of the Son on the cross STATING that God, His Father had ABANDONED Him. That this SAME Spirit that had dwelt within the Son was then forced to abandon the Son so that He COULD 'take on' the sins of this world.

But from YOUR standpoint, ALL this is LOST in interpretation for the sake of worshiping the Son AS the Father. And the FIRST commandment FORBIDS us to have ANY Gods BEFORE The Father.

And Christ STATED that the Father is GREATER than HE. That there are things that the Father KNOWS that the Son DOES NOT KNOW.

So this ONE principle completely and utterly destroys any possibility of 'trinity' being TRUTH. For the doctrine of 'trinity' is BASED on the Father and Son being CO equal. There is NO Co equality when ONE STATES that they OTHER is greater. There is NO Co equality when the Father KNOWS things that the Son does NOT.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those that accept Christ AS The Son of God DO worship Christ. They simply DO NOT worship Christ AS God.
They think Jesus is Michael, do what He says but dishonor Him, since He is God.

God CANNOT 'take on the flesh'.
"In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it ... But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:1-6,12-14

You cannot conceive this because JW's do not believe that we have a spirit. If you understood scriptural fundamentals, you would know that we have both a physical body, a soul and a spirit. When Jesus died, He said into your hands I commit my spirit. When Stephen was stoned to death, he said receive my spirit. This is how we are born again spiritually. This is how be are the temple of the Holy Spirit just as the Holy Spirit dwelt in the Old Testament Temple.
You cannot read throught the book of John and miss that Jesus is deity. "I am the way, the truth and the life! What is that life? Spiritual and eternal life as well as the sustainer of all physical life, since He is the creator.
I Am the good shepherd
I Am the resurrection and the life
I Am the door
I Am He who was, is and is to come
I Am the Alpha and Omega
I Am the bread of life
I Am He who came down from heaven
Before Abraham was, I Am
He said if you believe in me, you will have eternal life. When we believe, we are "in Christ". As He said, the Father is in me and I am in the Father, we are in Christ and He is in us spiritually. Do you not know that you are the temple of the Holy Spirit? God lives in you. This is basic stuff that JW's have been in the dark about.
You cannot state these (I Am) claims about yourself unless you are God. You cannot forgive sins unless you are God. You could not take on the sins of the world and wipe them away unless you are God.

The Bible states that the 'flesh' CANNOT even look upon the face of God and LIVE. So that OBVIOUSLY means that the flesh CANNOT contain GOD.
God is spirit.
God CANNOT suffer DEATH, (He CANNOT DIE).
Jesus is the God/Man who had a human body and was God in spirit. His body died but his spirit cannot of course.

God CANNOT sin. So He certainly couldn't TAKE ON the sins of this world.
He didn't sin, he was the innocent sacrificial lamb who takes away the sins of the world.

When the Son was Baptized a voice from Heaven was heard. That WAS God.
God the Father. Begotten means of the same nature. Man begets man.
That was GOD proclaiming HIS SON. It was certainly NOT God proclaiming Himself for it clearly stated that, "This is MY beloved SON in whom "I" am well pleased".
And this is your dilemma, not accepting the Trinune God >three persons. The Father spoke, the Holy Spirit descended upon him and Jesus (3 persons/ 1 God)
Do you understand this verse? "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men"Phil 2:5-7

He didn't expect you to grasp God becoming man. He emptied himself into a fetus and grew.
"My God, my God, why hath thou forsaken me?"
This was for outward comsumption to draw attention to Psalm 22. As a man, he was beaten, whipped and crucified, drained of the life force and exhausted. The Father had to turn away from sin and not look upon this event; so yes he was temporarily separated from communion with His Father. But then He said, “It is finished!” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit." John 19:30
"And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit.” Luke 23:46
After his resurrection, which by the way was his physical body he appeared to doubting Thomas: "Then He *said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” John 20:27,28

Was Thomas confused? No, you are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
They think Jesus is Michael, do what He says but dishonor Him, since He is God.

"In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it ... But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:1-6,12-14

You cannot conceive this because JW's do not believe that we have a spirit. If you understood scriptural fundamentals, you would know that we have both a physical body, a soul and a spirit. When Jesus died, He said into your hands I commit my spirit. When Stephen was stoned to death, he said receive my spirit. This is how we are born again spiritually. This is how be are the temple of the Holy Spirit just as the Holy Spirit dwelt in the Old Testament Temple.
You cannot read throught the book of John and miss that Jesus is deity. "I am the way, the truth and the life! What is that life? Spiritual and eternal life as well as the sustainer of all physical life, since He is the creator.
I Am the good shepherd
I Am the resurrection and the life
I Am the door
I Am He who was, is and is to come
I Am the Alpha and Omega
I Am the bread of life
I Am He who came down from heaven
Before Abraham was, I Am
He said if you believe in me, you will have eternal life. When we believe, we are "in Christ". As He said, the Father is in me and I am in the Father, we are in Christ and He is in us spiritually. Do you not know that you are the temple of the Holy Spirit? God lives in you. This is basic stuff that JW's have been in the dark about.
You cannot state these (I Am) claims about yourself unless you are God. You cannot forgive sins unless you are God. You could not take on the sins of the world and wipe them away unless you are God.

God is spirit.

Jesus is the God/Man who had a human body and was God in spirit. His body died but his spirit cannot of course.

He didn't sin, he was the innocent sacrificial lamb who takes away the sins of the world.

God the Father. Begotten means of the same nature. Man begets man.

And this is your dilemma, not accepting the Trinune God >three persons. The Father spoke, the Holy Spirit descended upon him and Jesus (3 persons/ 1 God)
Do you understand this verse? "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men"Phil 2:5-7

He didn't expect you to grasp God becoming man. He emptied himself into a fetus and grew.

This was for outward comsumption to draw attention to Psalm 22. As a man, he was beaten, whipped and crucified, drained of the life force and exhausted. The Father had to turn away from sin and not look upon this event; so yes he was temporarily separated from communion with His Father. But then He said, “It is finished!” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit." John 19:30
"And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit.” Luke 23:46
After his resurrection, which by the way was his physical body he appeared to doubting Thomas: "Then He *said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” John 20:27,28

Was Thomas confused? No, you are.

:amen:

Matthew 28:9 :bow:
And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

God declares that, "to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance"--Isaiah 45:22-23. At the name of Jesus "every knee should bow . . . and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father"--Philippians 2:10,11.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once again, Jesus Christ is CERTAINLY worthy of our worship. Just NOT as God Himself. But as the ONLY begotten Son of God, He is certainly worthy.

I am NOT a JW. So I don't have a problem AT ALL with the FACT that we are EACH: body soul spirit.

You say that Jesus was a MAN that was filled with the Spirit of God. In this WE AGREE.

But you take this to mean that this somehow MADE Jesus both man AND God.

I do NOT agree.

We are TOLD that Jesus Christ existed BEFORE 'creation'. So the Spirit that entered and became a MAN was THE SPIRIT THAT WAS Jesus Christ. And THAT spirit was certainly in communion WITH the Spirit of God. How else do we have THESE words:

"This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased"?

And at this TIME the Spirit of GOD was seen to ascend upon the Son like a dove.

The Son states that He did what He had witnessed of His Father. That the words that He offered were NOT HIS OWN, but given Him of the Father. So this is an OBVIOUS reference to Jesus Christ, the SPIRIT, was TAUGHT things BY God, His Father. And if He was LEARNING, that means that He had a BEGINNING. If a beginning, (being begotten), then there existed a TIME before Christ existed.

Once again, the principle behind the words of Thomas were most likely THIS:

Thomas had DENIED that the man standing in front of him, claiming to be the resurrected Christ, was actually Jesus Christ. In essence, an insult to both Son AND Father. So when Thomas realized his error, he was acknowledging to BOTH Son AND Father that he was 'sorry' or that he THEN recognized the Father THROUGH the Son. He certainly wasn't FEEDING 'trinity' by merely making this statement to identify Jesus AS God. For Jesus Christ is NOT God. So that leaves the words of Thomas to MEAN something DIFFERENT than 'trinitarians' insist.

And here is something that MOST never even contemplate, (especially those that profess a belief in 'trinity' because that very belief KEEPS them from SEEING).

Do you THINK that the identity of Christ standing before him was his ONLY DOUBT? It's obvious that he must have had MUCH doubt, (lack of faith), for EVERYONE else recognized Christ EXCEPT Thomas. As far as we KNOW, Thomas may have doubted Christ throughout the time he followed Him. Probably didn't believe that Christ's body was TRULY resurrected, (probably thought someone had simply removed the body). Probably doubted, (or didn't have a complete faith), in God Himself. For the indication is that HE WAS A DOUBTER. One of LIMITED faith.

So it would come as NO surprise to watch someone coming to the realization that God and His Son are INDEED the TRUTH to drop to their knees and acknowledge BOTH. For you know as well as I do that God is NOT a physical entity to which we pray. He is Spirit and we often 'talk' to Him and SAY things to "Him" as if we are 'talking to the air'.

And this is EXACTLY what I believe we have in the description of the words of Thomas: He was offering acknowledgment of BOTH, as in: "My Lord, (Jesus Christ), and My God, (Father forgive me for my doubt). He was appealing to the man standing in front of Him and to the Father of that man standing in front of him: GOD. And if the Spirit of God truly dwelt within the Christ, Thomas was SURE that they would BOTH hear his lamentation. Both hear his appeal.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Jesus professes that, "NOW that you are SURE that it is ME, YOU BELIEVE all that I said to you". And what had Jesus taught His apostles? That He was the SON of God. That God was His Father.

So unlike what 'trinitarians' teach, Christ was not acknowledging that Thomas SAW Him AS God. Christ was merely pointing out that Thomas and those that would later hear of Him through the Gospels and BELIEVE would be BLESSED. His words certainly offered NOTHING so far as indication that those that BELIEVE He is GOD will be blessed. For that was NEVER the message offered in ANY of the four Gospels.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Once again, Jesus Christ is CERTAINLY worthy of our worship. Just NOT as God Himself. But as the ONLY begotten Son of God, He is certainly worthy.
You did not respond to the question: How could anyone claim the list of "I Am's" in the book of John and not be God? Or forgive sin? Or take away the sins of the world??????????????????????????????????????????
Also, Jesus said "I and the Father are ONE."
"Philip *said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” Jesus *said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me ...?" John 14:8-10

I am NOT a JW.
Good.
But you take this to mean that this somehow MADE Jesus both man AND God.
Again, you avoided John 1:1-14 and also Col.1:16,17 where it is clear that He is the CREATOR of ALL THINGS. He did set aside/relinguish His Glory that He had with the Father in heaven while he was a man to demonstrate obedience, as a surfering servant, not an all powerful God ... "he did not regard equality with God something to be grasped". You didn't respond to that question as to if you understood that verse (Phil. 2:5-7)???????????
That seems to be your strategy, avoid scriptures that you don't understand or are unconfortable answering. So you skip over those --a common tactic for those who believe in false doctrines.
We are TOLD that Jesus Christ existed BEFORE 'creation'. So the Spirit that entered and became a MAN was THE SPIRIT THAT WAS Jesus Christ. And THAT spirit was certainly in communion WITH the Spirit of God. How else do we have THESE words:
"This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased"?
Correct, the preincarnate Christ is eternal, the baby Jesus was begotten and God the Son emptied himself into Mary's womb. He was in communion with the Father until He took on the sins of the world and died. So for the time He suffered, was beaten and on the cross, the Father turned away. Now this mysterious spiritual event isn't completely clear because we only know in part.

The Son states that He did what He had witnessed of His Father.
The Son was obedient, submissive and a servant --he willingly took that position, lower than the angels yet in Hebrews 1, the Father addresses Jesus as God and it also acknowledges His eternal power.
"And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power." Heb. 1:3
God in the flesh, exactly! You must be God to uphold all things_ aye?
But of the Son He says,
The Father says to his Son, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,"Heb. 1:8
So you misinterpreted what Thomas said ... what will do with this one??????

Just take a moment and think about this. After Jesus was resurrected and ascended to His Father, He returned and said, the Father has given me all authority of heaven and earth!(Matt. 28:18) Wouldn't you have to be omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent to handle that?????????????????

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok Ron,

Let's start HERE:

First of all. Christ did NOT create ALL things. He created all things in the context of what was being referred to: That which pertains to US, (mankind). He certainly did NOT 'create Himself' nor did He create God. So it is CLEAR that the meaning of 'everything' is NOT what YOU would have OTHERS believe.

Second of all, the I am quote doesn't offer proof of ANYTHING except in the eyes of those that use it to MAKE UP what they want it to mean. But in TRUTH, it was offered EXACTLY as it was MEANT to be taken, "BEFORE Abraham, I am".

If you will NOTE, (and I am SURE you are aware), the I Am that was used by God in the OT is capitalized in the KJV of the Bible. If those that translated this book BELIEVED as you do, then they would certainly have capitalized it when Christ used it. But they DID NOT. They DID NOT for they did NOT believe that these words were offered to PROVE anything other than the existence of Christ BEFORE Abraham.

So far as forgiving sin. Christ could DO whatever He was empowered to DO. If God, His Father empowered Him to forgive sins, then He could forgive sins. If His Father: GOD, empowered Him to be able to 'walk on water', turn water into wine, or 'raise the dead' then those were ALL things that He could certainly DO.

The "I and the Father are one"? You can't be serious. You HONESTLY believe that this has ANYTHING to do with Christ, The Son, and the Father, GOD being ONE as in THE SAME? Your precious 'trinity' doesn't even teach such a THING. For the Father and the Son are TWO DIFFERENT persons that make up ONE God, (along with the Holy Spirit).

But to put your statements to rest. We are told that when a man and woman wed, they become AS ONE. We are told that WE can be ONE with Christ as Christ is ONE with His Father. So the inference is OBVIOUSLY NOT meant to be taken literal as in a woman and man can become THE SAME. or that the Father and Son are the SAME. It means ONE in understanding and purpose.

It's amazing how accurate Thomas Jefferson was when he stated:

In fact, the Athanasian paradox that one is three, and three but one, is so incomprehensible to the human mind, that no candid man can say he has any idea of it, and how can he believe what presents no idea? He who thinks he does, only deceives himself. He proves, also, that man, once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without a rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons gullibility which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck."

Over and over those that profess to believe in 'trinity' attempt to take scripture that means NOTHING of what they state and insist that it means what they WANT it to. In utter disregard to ALL that is contrary to such statements.

in other words, you say that the "I and the Father are ONE" statement is Christ stating that HE IS GOD. Since even 'trinity' does not teach this, even those that created the concept and introduced it into Christianity DO NOT teach that the Father and the Son are THE SAME.

When a member of a team speaks of each of it's members as ONE. That is NOT an indication that they are LITERALLY the SAME. They are involved with playing AS ONE. They are a TEAM. They have the same purpose and in that purpose they ARE ONE.

Christ did not LIE. He and His Father ARE 'one'. And we can Christ can be ONE as well. But that doesn't make US Christ anymore than the statement makes Christ GOD.

NO, Christ is NOT eternal BACKWARDS. The Bible CLEARLY offers that there was a TIME BEFORE The Son existed. A time BEFORE Christ. You have to alter and twist a NUMBER of scriptures to talk around this point. And frankly, you CANNOT offer anything that FITS without accepting what we are offered in TRUTH. Christ was MADE. He is the FIRSTBORN of EVERY 'creature'. He LEARNED from His Father.

And He is NOT 'the Word' as you interpret John 1: For HE CANNOT be that which is NOT HIM. And He openly stated that God's Word is GOD'S Word that God GAVE to Him. So the 'in the beginning was the Word is NOT in reference to Christ. Only after the word was GIVEN to Christ did He possess it. But in the beginning, God's Word was simply THAT: His Word. Just like YOUR word is with YOU, so too is God's Word with HIM. But YOUR word is NO more YOU than any other part of YOU. It is merely ONE aspect of your being.

What you seem to fail to realize is that we are also told that we can DO GREATER things than those performed by Christ. But from YOUR perspective, to have such ability means one MUST be God Himself. Obviously YOU are in error.

God can place whatever power He chooses in whatever He chooses. If He chooses to place His Son at His right hand, that is HIS choice. If He decided that YOU were going to be His left hand, that is WHAT you would be. And if He decides tomorrow to place the power to heal someone in the hands of a man, He is plenty capable of DOING it. But that man would NOT be GOD either.

You asked, now can you hear?

Let us examine the words offered in Hebrews. Let's examine them as a WHOLE and not simply pull ONE line OUT of context. Shall we?

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

these words offer PLAINLY that Jesus Christ is the SON of God. NOT God Himself. READ the words YOURSELF. They also STATE that Jesus Christ was MADE and that His place at the Father's side was INHERITED.

So we have established in these words that Jesus IS The Son of God and God is TO HIM a 'Father'. HIS Father.

Then comes the line that YOU use to try and state that Jesus IS God Himself. Ok, but then what is stated AFTER that:

therefore God, EVEN THY GOD, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above they fellows.

Why the words O God are used is something that many claim to be a mistranslation of the original words. I'm not going to GO there. I am simply going to POINT out that IF what YOU say is TRUE, the all the rest that is offered is WRONG. Jesus was NOT made. NOR is God HIS Father. And God ISN'T REALLY HIS God.

But if ALL the other scripture leading up to this one line are true. And all that is offered after it is true. Then OBVIOUSLY the line that you refer to means SOMETHING DIFFERENT than what you are trying to MAKE IT MEAN. For what YOU are trying to make it mean is that God is calling His Son HIS God. And we KNOW that this is simply NOT SO. So there is OBVIOUSLY some OTHER meaning or it is indeed a mistranslation of the original words that were used.

What I see in those that try and use the terms I am, or ONE, or this line of Hebrews is WISHFUL thinking. WANTING to SEE something SO BAD that they are willing to abandon any sense of logic or reasoning for the sake of a MAN MADE doctrine. And we have these words which perfectly illustrate JUST such a situation:

2 Thessalonians 2:

0 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

And I have WITNESSED the PLEASURE that those that profess 'trinity' take in their BONDING with EACH OTHER. Using 'trinity' as a dividing wall that separates them from their neighbors.

So it is apparent that IF you WANT to believe in something BAD ENOUGH, even if it is WRONG, God Himself will send STRONG delusion so that one will BELIEVE whatever lie they choose to follow.

That is WHY Muslims are strapping bombs to their backs and KILLING Jews and Christians, (heck, EACH OTHER). That is WHY there are supposedly SMART MEN out in the woods looking for an imaginary 'Big Foot'. That is why there are men that have absolutely NO evidence but will SWEAR that aliens exist. And that is WHY there are those that would follow a 'man-made' doctrine to the point that they could be convinced to KILL their neighbors who refused to accept it. For that is EXACTLY how 'trinity' was originally introduced. It was FORCED upon the congregation at the threat of DEATH to all that refuted it. Arius being one of the first casualties of this 'man-made doctrine' and then there were perhaps MILLIONS that followed.

Even today we see those that follow 'trinity' getting ANGRY with their neighbors who refuse to accept it. WHY? Why would it enrage someone if their neighbor refused to heed their words of what they believe? No one seems to get UPSET when Muslims don't believe in a 'trinity'. No one seems to get upset even when a SATANIST states that they do not believe in 'trinity'. But let a FELLOW follower of Christ refuse, and they are UNSAVED, LOST, misguided, blasphemers, heretics and even WORSE. Kind of strange when you think about it isn't it................................ How ME not believing what YOU believe could lead you to anger. Be honest now. You know it's true.

And if it is not true with you, it certainly has been with MANY MANY MANY others that I have spoken to IN PERSON where I could observe their behavior. I once thought I was going to have to FIGHT my way out of a crowd of Catholics in the waiting room of a Hospital. And I wasn't even TALKING TO THEM. I was talking with a companion about the history of 'trinity' and they merely overheard me and started verbally attacking me. Verbally at first and then I HONESTLY thought I was going to have to FIGHT some of them. Fortunately I was able to LEAVE before anything physical took place. But they were certainly ACTING in a 'threatening manner'.

And as I asked my companion as we were fleeing, "Why? Why do you THINK that someone professing to be a follower of Christ would ACT like that? Most likely because the Christ that they profess to follow and THE Christ, The Son of God are TWO different 'Christs'. The one they follow seems to encourage them to believe that it's OK to condemn or even punish those that refuse to accept their 'man made' doctrines.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok Ron,

Let's start HERE:

First of all. Christ did NOT create ALL things. He created all things in the context of what was being referred to: That which pertains to US, (mankind). He certainly did NOT 'create Himself' nor did He create God. So it is CLEAR that the meaning of 'everything' is NOT what YOU would have OTHERS believe.

Second of all, the I am quote doesn't offer proof of ANYTHING except in the eyes of those that use it to MAKE UP what they want it to mean. But in TRUTH, it was offered EXACTLY as it was MEANT to be taken, "BEFORE Abraham, I am".

If you will NOTE, (and I am SURE you are aware), the I Am that was used by God in the OT is capitalized in the KJV of the Bible. If those that translated this book BELIEVED as you do, then they would certainly have capitalized it when Christ used it. But they DID NOT. They DID NOT for they did NOT believe that these words were offered to PROVE anything other than the existence of Christ BEFORE Abraham.

So far as forgiving sin. Christ could DO whatever He was empowered to DO. If God, His Father empowered Him to forgive sins, then He could forgive sins. If His Father: GOD, empowered Him to be able to 'walk on water', turn water into wine, or 'raise the dead' then those were ALL things that He could certainly DO.

The "I and the Father are one"? You can't be serious. You HONESTLY believe that this has ANYTHING to do with Christ, The Son, and the Father, GOD being ONE as in THE SAME? Your precious 'trinity' doesn't even teach such a THING. For the Father and the Son are TWO DIFFERENT persons that make up ONE God, (along with the Holy Spirit).

But to put your statements to rest. We are told that when a man and woman wed, they become AS ONE. We are told that WE can be ONE with Christ as Christ is ONE with His Father. So the inference is OBVIOUSLY NOT meant to be taken literal as in a woman and man can become THE SAME. or that the Father and Son are the SAME. It means ONE in understanding and purpose.

It's amazing how accurate Thomas Jefferson was when he stated:

In fact, the Athanasian paradox that one is three, and three but one, is so incomprehensible to the human mind, that no candid man can say he has any idea of it, and how can he believe what presents no idea? He who thinks he does, only deceives himself. He proves, also, that man, once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without a rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons gullibility which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck."

Over and over those that profess to believe in 'trinity' attempt to take scripture that means NOTHING of what they state and insist that it means what they WANT it to. In utter disregard to ALL that is contrary to such statements.

in other words, you say that the "I and the Father are ONE" statement is Christ stating that HE IS GOD. Since even 'trinity' does not teach this, even those that created the concept and introduced it into Christianity DO NOT teach that the Father and the Son are THE SAME.

When a member of a team speaks of each of it's members as ONE. That is NOT an indication that they are LITERALLY the SAME. They are involved with playing AS ONE. They are a TEAM. They have the same purpose and in that purpose they ARE ONE.

Christ did not LIE. He and His Father ARE 'one'. And we can Christ can be ONE as well. But that doesn't make US Christ anymore than the statement makes Christ GOD.

NO, Christ is NOT eternal BACKWARDS. The Bible CLEARLY offers that there was a TIME BEFORE The Son existed. A time BEFORE Christ. You have to alter and twist a NUMBER of scriptures to talk around this point. And frankly, you CANNOT offer anything that FITS without accepting what we are offered in TRUTH. Christ was MADE. He is the FIRSTBORN of EVERY 'creature'. He LEARNED from His Father.

And He is NOT 'the Word' as you interpret John 1: For HE CANNOT be that which is NOT HIM. And He openly stated that God's Word is GOD'S Word that God GAVE to Him. So the 'in the beginning was the Word is NOT in reference to Christ. Only after the word was GIVEN to Christ did He possess it. But in the beginning, God's Word was simply THAT: His Word. Just like YOUR word is with YOU, so too is God's Word with HIM. But YOUR word is NO more YOU than any other part of YOU. It is merely ONE aspect of your being.

What you seem to fail to realize is that we are also told that we can DO GREATER things than those performed by Christ. But from YOUR perspective, to have such ability means one MUST be God Himself. Obviously YOU are in error.

God can place whatever power He chooses in whatever He chooses. If He chooses to place His Son at His right hand, that is HIS choice. If He decided that YOU were going to be His left hand, that is WHAT you would be. And if He decides tomorrow to place the power to heal someone in the hands of a man, He is plenty capable of DOING it. But that man would NOT be GOD either.

You asked, now can you hear?

Let us examine the words offered in Hebrews. Let's examine them as a WHOLE and not simply pull ONE line OUT of context. Shall we?

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

these words offer PLAINLY that Jesus Christ is the SON of God. NOT God Himself. READ the words YOURSELF. They also STATE that Jesus Christ was MADE and that His place at the Father's side was INHERITED.

So we have established in these words that Jesus IS The Son of God and God is TO HIM a 'Father'. HIS Father.

Then comes the line that YOU use to try and state that Jesus IS God Himself. Ok, but then what is stated AFTER that:

therefore God, EVEN THY GOD, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above they fellows.

Why the words O God are used is something that many claim to be a mistranslation of the original words. I'm not going to GO there. I am simply going to POINT out that IF what YOU say is TRUE, the all the rest that is offered is WRONG. Jesus was NOT made. NOR is God HIS Father. And God ISN'T REALLY HIS God.

But if ALL the other scripture leading up to this one line are true. And all that is offered after it is true. Then OBVIOUSLY the line that you refer to means SOMETHING DIFFERENT than what you are trying to MAKE IT MEAN. For what YOU are trying to make it mean is that God is calling His Son HIS God. And we KNOW that this is simply NOT SO. So there is OBVIOUSLY some OTHER meaning or it is indeed a mistranslation of the original words that were used.

What I see in those that try and use the terms I am, or ONE, or this line of Hebrews is WISHFUL thinking. WANTING to SEE something SO BAD that they are willing to abandon any sense of logic or reasoning for the sake of a MAN MADE doctrine. And we have these words which perfectly illustrate JUST such a situation:

2 Thessalonians 2:

0 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

And I have WITNESSED the PLEASURE that those that profess 'trinity' take in their BONDING with EACH OTHER. Using 'trinity' as a dividing wall that separates them from their neighbors.

So it is apparent that IF you WANT to believe in something BAD ENOUGH, even if it is WRONG, God Himself will send STRONG delusion so that one will BELIEVE whatever lie they choose to follow.

That is WHY Muslims are strapping bombs to their backs and KILLING Jews and Christians, (heck, EACH OTHER). That is WHY there are supposedly SMART MEN out in the woods looking for an imaginary 'Big Foot'. That is why there are men that have absolutely NO evidence but will SWEAR that aliens exist. And that is WHY there are those that would follow a 'man-made' doctrine to the point that they could be convinced to KILL their neighbors who refused to accept it. For that is EXACTLY how 'trinity' was originally introduced. It was FORCED upon the congregation at the threat of DEATH to all that refuted it. Arius being one of the first casualties of this 'man-made doctrine' and then there were perhaps MILLIONS that followed.

Even today we see those that follow 'trinity' getting ANGRY with their neighbors who refuse to accept it. WHY? Why would it enrage someone if their neighbor refused to heed their words of what they believe? No one seems to get UPSET when Muslims don't believe in a 'trinity'. No one seems to get upset even when a SATANIST states that they do not believe in 'trinity'. But let a FELLOW follower of Christ refuse, and they are UNSAVED, LOST, misguided, blasphemers, heretics and even WORSE. Kind of strange when you think about it isn't it................................ How ME not believing what YOU believe could lead you to anger. Be honest now. You know it's true.

And if it is not true with you, it certainly has been with MANY MANY MANY others that I have spoken to IN PERSON where I could observe their behavior. I once thought I was going to have to FIGHT my way out of a crowd of Catholics in the waiting room of a Hospital. And I wasn't even TALKING TO THEM. I was talking with a companion about the history of 'trinity' and they merely overheard me and started verbally attacking me. Verbally at first and then I HONESTLY thought I was going to have to FIGHT some of them. Fortunately I was able to LEAVE before anything physical took place. But they were certainly ACTING in a 'threatening manner'.

And as I asked my companion as we were fleeing, "Why? Why do you THINK that someone professing to be a follower of Christ would ACT like that? Most likely because the Christ that they profess to follow and THE Christ, The Son of God are TWO different 'Christs'. The one they follow seems to encourage them to believe that it's OK to condemn or even punish those that refuse to accept their 'man made' doctrines.

Blessings,

MEC

I disagree with all your arguments. It's as if you do not have the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth. ??? If you don't believe in the Holy Spirit as God, as a person, then that figures! Why would He dwell in someone who doesn't believe in Him or someone who dishonors the Son?
There's nothing more that I could say to change your view, it is your decision to deny the deity of Christ and scripture supporting this basic fundamental doctrine for which 2.3 billion Christian hold dearly. By doing this, you realize that you are also disconnecting from the body of Christ in a rebellious way since you are unable to comfortably fellowship with those who rest in Christ, with those whom have His Spirit dwelling in them. You start with antagonizing others with this opposing view, knowing an argument will surface and then you feed off it. Trying to dismantle something that is impossible to do is futile. Might as well just commune with those who see things as you do in peace! Peace to You, the peace that Christ brings.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I disagree with all your arguments. It's as if you do not have the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth. ??? If you don't believe in the Holy Spirit as God, as a person, then that figures! Why would He dwell in someone who doesn't believe in Him or someone who dishonors the Son?
There's nothing more that I could say to change your view, it is your decision to deny the deity of Christ and scripture supporting this basic fundamental doctrine for which 2.3 billion Christian hold dearly. By doing this, you realize that you are also disconnecting from the body of Christ in a rebellious way since you are unable to comfortably fellowship with those who rest in Christ, with those whom have His Spirit dwelling in them. You start with antagonizing others with this opposing view, knowing an argument will surface and then you feed off it. Trying to dismantle something that is impossible to do is futile. Might as well just commune with those who see things as you do in peace! Peace to You, the peace that Christ brings.

Wow. That doesn't sound like what I would think Jesus or the Holy Spirit would say. If 2.3 billion people think like that, I'd say that they need to get Christ in their hearts, not their names.

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well Ron,

You finally revealed yourself and I thank you. Like most other 'trinitarians' when they are held TO the truth, you resort to trying to indicate that YOU are filled with The Spirit, but I cannot be for I do not BELIEVE what you believe. Nice try. But you nor your fellow believers can deny me ANYTHING. For I do NOT rely upon YOU or your beliefs for the relationship I have with God through His Son to flourish. The simple FACT that you would resort to such tactics says MUCH about what 'spirit' you follow. It is certainly not one of love. You have made that clear over and over.

I have NEVER denied the 'deity' of Christ. I simply understand deity to be something different than what you have 'bought in to'. If God created a Son to be my Savior, who would I be to argue? It is the instruction I have been offered to simply accept what has been offered BY God THROUGH His Son. I am NOT bound by numbers or the ideas and doctrines of MEN.

And as far as how you see things, here is how I see them according to 'trinity':

Romans 1:

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Taking into account where it mentions in 22 ''The Lord made me in the beginning of His way;before His works of old'' and in 24- ''When there were no depths, I was born'' and in 30- ''Then I was beside Him a master builder''.

Dear Yogo, Jesus is the visible Image of the invisible Spirit of God. Jesus is the only God ever formed but is the only God who will ever be formed physically. When you've seen Jesus, you have seen the Father, for in Jesus dwelleth ALL of the fulness of the Godhead, Bodily.

Yogo:>>These scriptures prove that God and Jesus are separate, and Jesus even says it Himself, this scripture also backs up what is mentioned in Col 1:15...''He is the image or likeness of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation''. Do not these scriptures tell us that Jesus was created or born, so therefore dispel the Trinity theory that Jesus is God?

No. These scriptures are telling us that God came forth into the physical world, on the first Day. Jesus is the Light of the first Day. He came forth from the Father, into the world of the physical, when God said, Let there be Light. Jesus wasn't created, for He exists as God the Son, in the Trinity, and always has existed. I see Jesus as God physically. God incarnate. The invisible Spirit of Love is seen only in the Face of Jesus.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. These scriptures are telling us that God came forth into the physical world, on the first Day. Jesus is the Light of the first Day. He came forth from the Father, into the world of the physical, when God said, Let there be Light. Jesus wasn't created, for He exists as God the Son, in the Trinity, and always has existed. I see Jesus as God physically. God incarnate. The invisible Spirit of Love is seen only in the Face of Jesus.

In Love,
Aman

Well then, you state it openly: you do NOT follow scripture, but a man made doctrine. For the Bible SAYS that no man has EVER seen God. So if YOUR God IS God The Son, then that God is NOT the God offered in scripture. For there were many many THOUSANDS that saw Jesus Christ.

And if what you say is the truth, then at the moment that God said, Let there be light, Jesus was CREATED. For the Bible STATES that the Light to which you refer WAS 'created'.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally Posted by Aman777

MEC:>>Well then, you state it openly: you do NOT follow scripture, but a man made doctrine.

Dear MEC, False accusation. My view comes from God's Holy Word.

MEC:>>For the Bible SAYS that no man has EVER seen God. So if YOUR God IS God The Son, then that God is NOT the God offered in scripture.

Wrong. No man has ever seen Elohim, for He is an invisible Spirit, the Trinity. The Judges. God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus told us of Him:

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.

MEC:>>For there were many many THOUSANDS that saw Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ came to Earth as a man, but NOT in His Image as God, but instead, in the image of sinful flesh, in order to destroy the devil. The statement stands, NO man has seen the invisible Spirit of Love, but many have seen the only Begotten of the invisible Father, and His name is Jesus Christ.

MEC:>>And if what you say is the truth, then at the moment that God said, Let there be light, Jesus was CREATED. For the Bible STATES that the Light to which you refer WAS 'created'.

Not so, for Jesus is the physical incarnation of the invisible Spirit of God. In Him dwelleth ALL the fulness of the Godhead, Bodily. He came forth from the Father into the physical world, but He existed as the Son in the Trinity, as God, BEFORE the Creation began.

Show me where Jesus was created and measure it against this:

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the Light of Life.”

I think I'll stick with Jesus. He agrees with me, and you remind me of a JW. Must you add vowels to YHWH?

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you may very well be offering the TRUTH when you say that IN the beginning God said 'let there be light' and Christ was begotten. For that was BEFORE any creature was formed. And we KNOW that Christ was the FIRSTBORN of every 'creature'. We also know that Christ was instrumental in the creation of ALL that pertains to mankind.

While I may remind you of a JW, I assure you that I am NOT. I follow NO denomination. Don't NEED to follow men or their doctrines. I follow the Word as offered in the Bible and so far that has been ENOUGH for me.

I can offer witness and testimony of what God has done in my life and from what I have witnessed in MOST OTHERS that place their faith in 'churches', their witness doesn't compare.

So, to know God through His Son has been MORE than anything I could have ever imagined forty years ago. And God had been working on my life for many many years before I ever even HEARD anyone tell me that Jesus is God.

And I find it as ludicrous a concept today as I did the first time I heard it. I still don't understand how ANYONE that has ever actually READ The Word can believe such a thing.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
MEC"??So, to know God through His Son has been MORE than anything I could have ever imagined forty years ago. And God had been working on my life for many many years before I ever even HEARD anyone tell me that Jesus is God.

And I find it as ludicrous a concept today as I did the first time I heard it. I still don't understand how ANYONE that has ever actually READ The Word can believe such a thing.

Dear MEC, Are you saying that you do NOT believe Jesus is God?

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums