• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Jesus is the SON not the Father.

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by edpobre, Sep 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edward

edward Momma's Boy

+23
    Catholic
    amen EveofGrace

2. Job_38

Job_38 <font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled

+1
  3. lared

lared Active Member

+12
    Job_38

When my spouse and I got married...the minister said that we were now one.

What did that mean?

Sincerely, Lared

4. drmmjr

drmmjr Regular Member

+7
    Christian
    I'm not sure what you mean. Can't a woman have a son? She was the one that God chose to bear His Son. He could have chosen anyone, but Mary had the right credentials.

Luke 1:28 - And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
    29 - And when she saw [him], she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
    30 - And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
    31 - And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
    32 - He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
    33 - And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
    34 - Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
    35 - And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Is God not LIVING? You forgot the rest of what I posted.
    It is a word that embodies a concetption or idea.

The Plan was active, it's just that the part that Jesus has in that plan did not happen until he was born. A plan is made up of many parts. Just because one part has not happened yet, doen't mean that the whole plan is not active.

What is this plan that we've been speaking about? It's God's plan of salvation for man to remove the sin that Adam caused in the Garden of Eden. God had the plan from the very beginning. God knows the beginning from the end.

Jesus IS the "Word. Logos, Plan" made flesh. When he was born, the plan of salvation came one more step towards being complete. When a building is built, someone has an idea about what they want to build. Until a blueprint, or building plan, is drawn, it is just an idea in someone's mind. When a plan is drawn, the idea becomes embodied.

It's so simple. Why can't you see it.

Have you ever looked up the meaning of the words "Jeremiah" or Elijah"? "Elijah" means God Himself , and the word "Jeremiah" means the High God. Where these men God? No they were named those names so that the people would know who they were speaking for.

Let's say a boat is sinking and they call the Coast Guard to come and help them. The Coast Guard radio person then calls the ship that is closest to the sinking boat. The ship arrives and safely gets the people off of the boat. Now, who is the saviour in this instance? Well, it is several people. It is the Coast Guard radio person, but it is also the people on the rescue ship. Why is that? The radio person can't go to save the sinking boat because of where they are, so they sent their representative to get the job done. Both parties are the saviours of the people in the sinking boat.

SO now you say that Jesus is seperate from God. I thought you believed that he was God the son?

So from what I understand you to say, is that Jesus has God's DNA? The power of God overshadowed Mary and caused Mary to conceive. Think of it like this: Jesus was like a test tube baby. Mary conceived not by the normal means of her egg being fertilized by a male, but by the power of God causing it to happen. Just like in Genesis, God spoke the word and it was.

5. drmmjr

drmmjr Regular Member

+7
    Christian
    I'm not sure what Job_38 will say, but you are one couple. True, you are still two people, but you are not two couples are you.

One is one. A single unit is a single unit. The units may be different, but they are still a single unit. A flock of sheep is still just one flock. A bunch of grapes, is still just one bunch.

6. Evee

Evee Well-Known Member

+295
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Wow that is good examples and it has to be true because the scriptures say it over and over again..

Thanks Lared and drmmjr&nbsp;&nbsp; Evee

7. edpobre

edpobre Well-Known Member

+1
    Originally posted by EveOfGrace
    It is NOT knowing both the ONLY true God and Jesus Christ that the ONLY true God sent that I want emphasized Eve. I wanted to SHOW you that the ONLY true God is the Father. The "Jesus Christ whom the true God sent" is the SAME Jesus Christ who was talking to the Father and telling the Father, "that they may know YOU, the ONLY true God."

Is there any verse that says "God GAVE His glory to Jesus? Does John 17:5 say that?

See the problem with your thinking Eve? Just because&nbsp;Jesus did NOT specifically state that "the Father is the ONLY true God" and the verse doesn't say "one and only,"&nbsp;you want me to believe like you do that the Father is NOT the ONLY true God. That's CONTRARY to what Jesus&nbsp;wants me to&nbsp;know about the Father!

You may perhaps have another meaning for "CLEARLY"&nbsp; because I don't see in these verses where Jesus and God were CLEARLY together as one God. John 1:1 does NOT say that the WORD that was God BEFORE Jesus was born was Jesus. And John 1:2-3 does NOT say that Jesus was in the beginning WITH God as God.

&nbsp;Apostle John is NOT saying that Jesus and God were always together as one God in these verses. As I said earlier, this is only in your imagination.

The Father&nbsp;calls the Son God. How many Gods are there? Have you lost your ability to count?&nbsp;

What is this verse saying? Is Jesus the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit rolled into one? Tell me what this verse "CLEARLY" says Eve.

Who&nbsp;is this verse referring to, God the Father or the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior (Titus 1:4)?

Be honest Eve, if you did NOT have Jesus in mind, why did you ask?

Okay then, show me the verse which says that Jesus was with God as God BEFORE he was born.

Ed

8. lared

lared Active Member

+12
    Jesus wanted his disciples to be one just as he and his Father are one. Unity. Not the same person.

The churches have failed miserably. They are not united but even wound and kill each other during worldly governmental squabbles.

Those that worship the trinity god are not united. Even amongst single denominations, they are divided. They can not appreciate what it means to be one.

Sincerely, Lared

9. edward

edward Momma's Boy

+23
    Catholic
    Lared,

Answer my post "Is Jesus Good?"

Then you will know who Jesus really is! Jesus tells us directly who he is in Mark 10:18.

10. EveOfGrace

EveOfGrace Member

+0
    edpobre&nbsp;
    No, that is exactly my point. You said it was irrelevant HOW Jesus got the glory He had with the Father. He didnt GET glory, He had it, from the beginning since God does not give it away.

&nbsp;I said: What Jesus said in John 17:3&nbsp; i already stated above. Jesus, as the Son, in flesh, on earth&nbsp;is praying.&nbsp;He&nbsp;gives honor to&nbsp;His Father, by calling Him, of course the only true God and also mentions HIMSELF, by name.&nbsp;&nbsp;Why does He use His own name as if&nbsp;He is a third party narrater?

then you said:
    Can you just answer the question Ed? I did not say&nbsp;the&nbsp;Father&nbsp;is not the only true God.

&nbsp;
    Lets take this&nbsp;verse by verse. John 1:1 Sais&nbsp;IN THE BEGINNING was the Word(capitalized)..was with God, and WAS GOD. How&nbsp;is it that when it sais the Word WAS GOD, not like God, not from God, not a plan of God, not any thing else except WAS&nbsp;God, that we cant&nbsp;believe what it sais?&nbsp;&nbsp;Do we so far believe then that the&nbsp;Word spoken of here in Johns 1st chapter WAS God? good. Now look in verse 14. And the Word(same capitalization) BECAME flesh!! and DWELT among us, and we beheld His glory,the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,&nbsp;FULL of grace and truth.

That&nbsp;verse 14&nbsp;now just said&nbsp;this&nbsp;Word, that WAS God from the beginning which created all things,&nbsp;became flesh.&nbsp; And, that once the Word became flesh, 'we beheld' HIS glory. This is the same glory that He had with the Father already spoken of above in my first quote.&nbsp;&nbsp;The Word in flesh then is beheld as a HE. The Son. The Word that&nbsp;Was God,&nbsp;dwelling in&nbsp;flesh,&nbsp;becomes HE. The Son of God.

&nbsp;again:
    The Father DWELLS in Him. Just like verse 14 above&nbsp;said, the Word Was God, and became flesh to DWELL among us.

For there are THREE that bear witness in Heaven: The Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.1John 5:7.

Lets use your definition (which is not the original Greek definition)for&nbsp;LOGOS in the verse&nbsp;where it is referenced:

In the beginning was a word, uttered by a living voice that embodies a conception or idea, and the word uttered by a living voice that&nbsp;embodies a conception or idea was with God, and the word uttered by a living voice that embodies a conception or idea WAS God. Wow.

The Greek definition in the strongs concordance is LOGOS: something said(including the thought).

&nbsp;
    Honestly yes, i know the answer. But i am asking&nbsp;YOU&nbsp;for the third and final time....&nbsp;when God said, Let Us make.... who is the Us?

EveOfGrace&nbsp;

11. EveOfGrace

EveOfGrace Member

+0
    LOL, i am not all that great at using this posting and scrolling and quoting, so above when i addressed ed p, i used drmmjr's definition of logos. :scratch:

No matter, it still is worth&nbsp;reading.

&nbsp;

12. EveOfGrace

EveOfGrace Member

+0
    &nbsp;There is but ONE God edp. Apparantly the&nbsp;author of Hebrews counts the same way I do, we just believe God when He sais there are 3 who bear witness in heaven. &nbsp;&nbsp;

(God is being quoted here from Psalms 45)&nbsp;

Heb.1:8 But to the Son He says: Your(Jesus) throne, O God, is forever and ever.

I didnt make that up edp,&nbsp;it is written. I have lost no ability to count. That was 2 expressions of&nbsp;One God.

If you back up a few verses, it shows the 2 again. vs 3...when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.&nbsp;There you have it, there&nbsp;are 2, one on the right, one on the left, God as Father, and God as Son.&nbsp;&nbsp;We all know that Holy Spirit makes 3.&nbsp;

Maybe you are trying to make God like us, rather than God making us like Him.&nbsp; We can only be in one form, in one place, at one time.&nbsp;

&nbsp;
    I was quoting Titus 1:3 but has in due time manifested His word through preaching, which was committed to me according to the commandment of God our Savior.

It refers to God, our Savior.&nbsp; It doesnt say&nbsp;God the Father, or the Lord Jesus our Savior.&nbsp; It sais what it sais. God our Savior.&nbsp; God IS our Savior. God came to earth inside of flesh to save us. That being was Jesus.&nbsp;They are all ONe God. There is only One Savior. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are all One God in 3 expressions of person.&nbsp; They arent&nbsp;3 objects that can be separated.&nbsp; God is Spirit.&nbsp;

EveOfGrace&nbsp;

13. dnich163

dnich163 dnich163

+7
    Catholic
    I have to admit that I am completely at ease with the Trinity; that Jesus is God, that God is God and that the Holy Spirit is both.

I believe that the mainstream Christian churches all belive that Jesus and God the Father are one.

David

14. undead1

undead1 Member

+0
    I defer to the opinion of the apostle.

Rom 15:6 That ye may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

From the above verse, God = The Father

1 Cor 8;6 But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.

Eph 3;6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

In the three verses above, God&nbsp;is&nbsp;defined as the&nbsp;Father, to the apparent exclusion of the "Lord Jesus Christ". What then can be said about the "Lord Jesus Christ"?

Phil 2;6 Who, being in the form of God...

John 1;1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Col 1;15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Col 1;17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Col 1;19 For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell;

Here Jesus is also ""by nature" God, but only because of his association with, and relationship to,&nbsp;the Father.

What did Jesus say about his relationship to the Father?

John 10;29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all;

John 14;28 ....my Father is greater than I.

Conclusion: Jesus is subordinate to the Father. Jesus is not the Father, not any part of the Father, though the Father lives in him.&nbsp;The Father alone is&nbsp;"God"&nbsp; by definition, Jesus is "God" because and only because the Father lives in him.

15. EveOfGrace

EveOfGrace Member

+0
    Undead that was the most sensible thing i have heard lately. I cannot disagree with all you posted.........

well accept for ONE thing:

&nbsp;
    The IS there should be WAS. Yes, Jesus, while in flesh was subordinate. Remember, what you posted yourself, in the beginning the Word WAS God...

He WAS God, before&nbsp;He became Jesus. He IS the Great I AM. That much has not changed. When He became flesh, as you said, He had the 'nature' of God, since prior to that He WAS God.&nbsp; Ok, then He&nbsp;was made a man. God in flesh. Only&nbsp;BECAUSE of&nbsp;that&nbsp;was He subordinate.&nbsp;&nbsp;But afterward, He again RETURNED, and is NOW, Lord. He is glorified NOW with the glory He HAD before.&nbsp;

Father is God. Jesus is Lord. Holy Spirit is&nbsp;the&nbsp;power of both. So&nbsp;NOW you could say.......Lord God Almighty and mean all three in One.&nbsp;

Where Jesus is , so is Father, so is Holy Spirit. Inseparable.

EveOfGrace&nbsp;&nbsp;

16. Dee Dee Warren

Dee Dee Warren Regular Member

+1
    Christian
    US-Republican
    Subordination is not something ontological... so there is no problem even if in some sense Christ is subordinate now... it is a statement of position not ontology.

17. OldShepherd

OldShepherd Zaqunraah

+165
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Not disagreeing but some people may not understand this term.

• Main Entry: on·to·log·i·cal
      Pronunciation: "än-t&l-'ä-ji-k&l
      Function: adjective
      Date: 1782
      1 : of or relating to ontology
      2 : relating to or based upon being or existence
      - on·to·log·i·cal·ly /-k(&-)lE/ adverb

18. edpobre

edpobre Well-Known Member

+1

Jesus is NOT&nbsp;God&nbsp;"by nature" NOR "by&nbsp;ANY stretch of imagination!" By definition, God is the single English word that describes the SUPREME ruler of the universe who is the CREATOR of ALL THINGS. Jesus is NOT the CREATOR. Jesus is a CREATED human being.

But Jesus is "God-like" in the sense that he is the IMAGE of the&nbsp;&nbsp; INVISIBLE God&nbsp; whom God GAVE His Godly attributes such&nbsp; as forgiveness of sins, justice, righteousness and holiness.

The Father ALONE is God. Therefore, your ASSUMPTION that Jesus is God because the Father lives in him is FALSE.

When did the Father START "living in Jesus?" Wasn't the Father "living in Jesus" when Jesus SAID"...but now you seek to kill ME, a MAN...." (John 8:40)? If Jesus was God then because the Father was "living in him" why did Jesus SAY he is a MAN?

Ed

19. Dee Dee Warren

Dee Dee Warren Regular Member

+1
    Christian
    US-Republican
    Jesus the First and the Last, the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. In short GOD!!!

20. EveOfGrace

EveOfGrace Member

+0
    For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on the earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalties or powers.&nbsp; All things were created THROUGH Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him ALL things consist.&nbsp;Col.1:16-17

He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and WITHOUT Him, NOTHING was made. John 1:3

&nbsp;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.