Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,475.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Also since then many Christians try to make Christianity relative by assuming it is okay to believe whatever is right in your own heart just like the world does what is right in it's own sight. Many desire a worldly Christianity where belief is anything they say making truth subjective to their individual whims.

Luther went it alone. Going against 1500 years of Orthodox beliefs and doctrines. He caused an almighty train wreck which has resulted in the birth of thousands of protestant denominations each claiming only they know the truth.

I am leaving this thread now. No point in going around in circles.

God bless everyone

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Luther went it alone. Going against 1500 years of Orthodox beliefs and doctrines. He caused an almighty train wreck which has resulted in the birth of thousands of protestant denominations each claiming only they know the truth.

Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 Nowhere does it say that the Catholic church, the Pope -- any of them -- the Catholic mass, etc. is "the way the truth and the life".

Luther rebelled against the corrupt practices of the Catholic church, just as Jesus rebelled against the corrupt practices of the Judaism of His day. He didn't cause an almighty train wreck, he freed believers to connect directly to God through Jesus Christ, not through a panoply of middlemen (not women) who claimed to be intermediaries between God and themselves.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Also since then many Christians try to make Christianity relative by assuming it is okay to believe whatever is right in your own heart just like the world does what is right in it's own sight. Many desire a worldly Christianity where belief is anything they say making truth subjective to their individual whims.

Just because we Protestants don't follow the dogma of the Catholic church doesn't mean anything. We follow God, not people. Many Catholics desire a Christianity where belief is anything the clergy say, making truth subjective to their whims. Unfortunately for you all, Luther was right!

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,045.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 Nowhere does it say that the Catholic church, the Pope -- any of them -- the Catholic mass, etc. is "the way the truth and the life".

Luther rebelled against the corrupt practices of the Catholic church, just as Jesus rebelled against the corrupt practices of the Judaism of His day. He didn't cause an almighty train wreck, he freed believers to connect directly to God through Jesus Christ, not through a panoply of middlemen (not women) who claimed to be intermediaries between God and themselves.
Luther may have rebelled against the Catholic Church, he did not accept the doctrine of transubstantiation, but he strongly believed that Christ is present in the Eucharist.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian