Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The text NEVER states Jesus created heaven, and earth!! It states he created "thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers" that are IN heaven and earth. You need to read more carefully!
Is everyone named Michael you know like God? That's what the name means. Hebrew names had meaning;
Isa 8:3 And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said Jehovah unto me, Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz.... which means "He has made haste to the plunder!

According to Isa 9:6 Jesus will be called; Pele’Yow’eets’EelGibowrAbiy’adSarShaalowm
Of course!

JESUS being refered to other things

1. God is the Father (Malachi 2:10) ........ Yes.

1A. JESUS is the father (Isiah 9:6, John 14:5-9).....he is not, you are grossly misinterpreting.

1B. JESUS is honored as the father 5:23 .... Of course! Since the Father sent him!

2A. JESUS ends up being called God in Titus 2:13, John 20:28, Col 2:9 ....he is not, you are grossly misinterpreting.

2C. JESUS claimed to be God John 8:24, John 8:56-59 .. Never, you are grossly misinterpreting, exactly like the Jews that rejected Jesus misunderstood.

Colossians 1:16-17King James Version (KJV)
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Explanation: Let me break this down for you into isolated portions.

1. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

2. whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:

(Thrones Dominions etc. ARE EXAMPLES OF THINGS HE CAN CREATE...not the only things he created.... because he created ALL THINGS in heaven and Earth and ALL THINGS were created by him and for him)

3. all things were created by him, and for him:

You then raise a point that not everyone with the name he had means he is God...and true Joshua's name in Hebrew I believe is the same as JESUS both mean savior essentially but that doesn't make them the same person...but what does that have to do with Isiah 9:6?

Can you tell me what those verses really are saying then? You fail to do that you just claim they are wrong. I find it ironic when people do this they say you're wrong as if that carries weight. Unless you're God himself your word without explanation carries no weight on it's own. So tell me why my interpretation is incorrect and what is the correct interpretation according to you.

1. God is the Father (Malachi 2:10)

1A. JESUS is the father (Isiah 9:6, John 14:5-9)

1B. JESUS is honored as the father 5:23

2A. JESUS ends up being called God in Titus 2:13, John 20:28, Col 2:9
2C. JESUS claimed to be God John 8:24, John 8:56-59 ..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 1:16-17King James Version (KJV)
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Explanation: Let me break this down for you into segments.

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:

(Thrones Dominions etc. ARE EXAMPLES OF THINGS HE CAN CREATE...not the only things he created.... because he created ALL THINGS in heaven and Earth and ALL THINGS were created by him and for him)
Incorrect. We KNOW Jehovah created the earth and heaven! Your twisted interpretation of this text, IGNORING that Paul LIMITS the "all things" to; thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
Creates a CONTRADICTION to VAST quantities of Scripture, and creates an utterly illogical situation regarding Jesus existing before he was "CREATED"!!

JESUS=G.O.A.T said:
You then raise a point that not everyone with the name he had means he is God...and true Joshua's name in Hebrew I believe is the same as JESUS both mean savior essentially but that doesn't make them the same person...but what does that have to do with Isiah 9:6?
Everything. Isa 9:6 states a NAME Jesus will be called.
JESUS=G.O.A.T said:
Can you tell me what those verses really are saying then?
Of course;
1. God is the Father (Malachi 2:10)... You got this one right.

1A. JESUS is the father (Isiah 9:6) ... NO, "father" is just in his name!
John 14:5-9 ... this states the apostles could see God's works/words in Jesus, so when they saw Jesus, they were seeing God through his words and works.

1B. JESUS is honored as the father 5:23.. Sure, the Father sent Jesus, and ordered that Jesus would be honored like the Father is honored. NOT that Jesus should be honored as GOD!

2A. JESUS ends up being called God in Titus 2:13.. No, both the great God, and Jesus Christ are mentioned.

John 20:28 ... No, Thomas had just accepted that his God, had raised his Lord from the dead. Thomas honored both.

Col 2:9..

for in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily ...??? This doesn't call Jesus God!!

2C. JESUS claimed to be God John 8:24, John 8:56-59 .. Never, you are grossly misinterpreting, exactly like the Jews that rejected Jesus misunderstood.

You have been told that these verses support the trinity for so long, you aren't actually reading what the texts say!!

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟60,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Incorrect. We KNOW Jehovah created the earth and heaven! Your twisted interpretation of this text, IGNORING that Paul LIMITS the "all things" to; thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
Creates a CONTRADICTION to VAST quantities of Scripture, and creates an utterly illogical situation regarding Jesus existing before he was "CREATED"!!

Everything. Isa 9:6 states a NAME Jesus will be called.
Of course;
1. God is the Father (Malachi 2:10)... You got this one right.

1A. JESUS is the father (Isiah 9:6) ... NO, "father" is just in his name!
John 14:5-9 ... this states the apostles could see God's works/words in Jesus, so when they saw Jesus, they were seeing God through his words and works.

1B. JESUS is honored as the father 5:23.. Sure, the Father sent Jesus, and ordered that Jesus would be honored like the Father is honored. NOT that Jesus should be honored as GOD!

2A. JESUS ends up being called God in Titus 2:13.. No, both the great God, and Jesus Christ are mentioned.

John 20:28 ... No, Thomas had just accepted that his God, had raised his Lord from the dead. Thomas honored both.

Col 2:9..

for in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily ...??? This doesn't call Jesus God!!

You have been told that these verses support the trinity for so long, you aren't actually reading what the texts say!!

I see now... so your basis for why all things... doesn't mean all things is becuase of the fact that you believe that JESUS and Jehovah are not one in the same right got it.

I agree that Isiah is focusing on the name of JESUS...but i'm not sure how that goes against anything I said, we both agree there. YOu then try to say Father is just in his name...but that's my point, father/God/ are all in that name.

Now to address your responses to the scriptures i mentioned

1. God is the Father (Malachi 2:10)

1A. JESUS is the father (Isiah 9:6, John 14:5-9) (Works isn't mentioned anywhere here)

1B. JESUS is honored as the father 5:23 (But the father is God so if he's honored as the Father that makes him God)

2A. JESUS ends up being called God in Titus 2:13, John 20:28, Col 2:9

Col 2:9= Fullness of the Godhead is the fullness of the Spirit of God he's all powerful just like God and all knowing just like God so he is God

John 20:28= No Thomas accepted the fact that JESUS who rose from the dead is God and Lord.

2C. JESUS claimed to be God John 8:24, John 8:56-59 .. (not sure how to address an opinion)

Uh.... no man I don't believe in the trinity, I'm a oneness guy but like trinitarians we believe that JESUS is God the similarities end there though.

I'm guessing you're like a JW? You're a semi arian? JESUS is lower then God?

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lastly though if you can't handle scripture just say so... I didn't bomb you with scriptures I posted 5 scriptures
I counted 8 verses plus several comments in post #108.

For a guy that agreed to call it a night you sure didn't do that. You guys posted two more pages of stuff since I left. Sadly, both you and Dartman were trying to support two false positions, ie; that Yeshua created. I will try to address that issue this evening after work.

Upvote 0
Sep 5, 2017
Stirling
✟15,309.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus was made less than angels when he come to earth Hebrews 2:7-9

But he got authority over everything and his divine nature and powers back when he paid in full price of salvation for us on cross Matthew 28:18

On earth he was doing only what Father told him to do nothing of himself , so he was servant in this way .
John 14:10

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟60,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

For a guy that agreed to call it a night you sure didn't do that. You guys posted two more pages of stuff since I left. Sadly, both you and Dartman were trying to support two false positions, ie; that Yeshua created. I will try to address that issue this evening after work.
I called it a night with you did I not? I was gonna call it a night with dartman too but he provided the first response and I responded and it went on from there. Also 8 isn't that much more then 5 and a few of them were just cross refence you didn't have to read them in their entirety I quoted the ones I wanted you to read

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟60,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since you don't have Scripture to prove your theory, your trying for "majority rules"????
Matt 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

That's not relevant. What's relevant is, do I accept the "Jesus" actually PREACHED by the apostles.
The trinity is NEVER ..... EVER ..... PREACHED by the apostles.
Really, should I go back and reiterate the numerous scriptures I presented to you about Jesus being the Great "I Am" aside from the scriptures I presented in my brief discussion of the Trinity? How about another this: Were you baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit? Then you were baptized by the Triune God. So you don't want to reveal your Church or maybe theological school of thought you studied under? That means you are hiding something. You are afraid to reveal it.
You are using scripture that doesn't even apply to my statement. Yes the majority of Christians, the Body of Christ, rules!
Narrow is the Way. Jesus is the Way. Wide is the gate to destruction - any other way. The remnant is 1/3 and we are about there = 2.3 - 2.4 billion believers. So 2/3 would be considered the WIDE GATE TO DESTRUCTION

Don't worry, If you believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures you will be saved. All this other stuff will be straightened out soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really, should I go back and reiterate the numerous scriptures I presented to you about Jesus being the Great "I Am" aside from the scriptures I presented in my brief discussion of the Trinity?
Are you still operating under the illusion that "I am" is significant??
The Greek phase in the LXX is NOT "ego emi"....it is "O ON". "ego emi" is merely a prepositional phrase.

Ronald said:
How about another this: Were you baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit? Then you were baptized by the Triune God.
Rubbish. "Triune God" is never found in the Scriptures. The closest is Ba'al, who was the first trinity.
Your attempt to leap from three names being mentioned, to the ludicrous notion of any "Triune God" is an assumption of epic proportions.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no "I am (ego emi)", that's merely a preposition phrase. .... there is "The Being".. (O On) ....
LXX Ex 3:14 And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am (ego emi) THE BEING (O ON); and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING (O ON) has sent me to you.
Exodus 3:14 Interlinear: And God saith unto Moses, 'I AM THAT WHICH I AM;' He saith also, 'Thus dost thou say to the sons of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.'

Exodus 3:14 Commentaries: God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

559 [e] 14
way·yō·mer 14
וַיֹּ֤אמֶר 14
And said 14
Verb 14
430 [e]
’ĕ·lō·hîm
אֱלֹהִים֙

God
Noun
413 [e]
’el-
אֶל־
unto
Prep
4872 [e]
mō·šeh,
מֹשֶׁ֔ה
Moses
Noun
1961 [e]
’eh·yeh
אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה
I AM
Verb
834 [e]
’ă·šer
אֲשֶׁ֣ר
WHO
Prt

1961 [e]
’eh·yeh;
אֶֽהְיֶ֑ה
I AM
Verb

559 [e]
way·yō·mer,
וַיֹּ֗אמֶר
and he said
Verb
3541 [e]
kōh
כֹּ֤ה
Thus
Adv
559 [e]
ṯō·mar
תֹאמַר֙
shall you say
Verb
1121 [e]
liḇ·nê
לִבְנֵ֣י
to the sons
Noun

3478 [e]
yiś·rā·’êl,
יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל
of Israel
Noun
1961 [e]
’eh·yeh
אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה
I AM
Verb
7971 [e]
šə·lā·ḥa·nî
שְׁלָחַ֥נִי
has sent me
Verb

413 [e]
’ă·lê·ḵem.
אֲלֵיכֶֽם׃
unto you
Prep

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was made less than angels when he come to earth Hebrews 2:7-9
This is a ludicrous assumption. Jesus was MADE ... generated ... Caused to come into existence ... he did NOT "come to earth".. yet. So, when Jesus was born, when Jesus was MADE, he was lower than the angels. Now that his God has EXALTED him, he is now higher than the angels in authority and power.
Forgive 70 times 7 said:
But he got authority over everything and his divine nature and powers back when he paid in full price of salvation for us on cross Matthew 28:18
Your assertion that he got "his divine nature and powers back" is NEVER expressed in Scripture. In stead, the Scriptures explain that he was GIVEN power, that he NEVER had previously! That when Jehovah EXALTED Jesus to be Savior, this was a radical change to Jehovah ALONE being the savior!
Forgive 70 times 7 said:
On earth he was doing only what Father told him to do nothing of himself , so he was servant in this way .
John 14:10
Jesus "came forth unto" Jehovah/YHVH God in Bethlehem, exactly like the promise foretold "from of old, from everlasting". (Micah 5:2)

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't really care to argue but I'm reading over 1 Timothy and I just noticed another passage that supports Jesus as God incarnate

1 Timothy 2:3

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (KJV)

Know who else is known in the Bible as the Savior of mankind?

That's right, Jesus!

1 Timothy 2:3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior,

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
@tstor

Look, here's another one. 1 Timothy 3:16

And confessedly the mystery of piety is great. God has been manifested in flesh, has been justified in [the] Spirit, has appeared to angels, has been preached among [the] nations, has been believed on in [the] world, has been received up in glory. (Darby)

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your commentaries don't agree with the Greek. You are trying to make a connection between a SIMPLE prepositional phrase, (which, in context is GLARINGLY obvious as a simple prepositional phrase), and Ex 3:14, which in the LXX, a Greek translation BY Hebrew Scholars translates the text as follows;
καὶ εἶπεν ὁ θεὸς πρὸς *μωυσῆν ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν καὶ εἶπεν οὕτως ἐρεῖς τοῖς υἱοῖς Iσραηλ ὁ ὤν ἀπέσταλκέν με πρὸς ὑμᾶς
The attempt to make "ego emi" a TITLE is utterly unsupportable!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't really care to argue but I'm reading over 1 Timothy and I just noticed another passage that supports Jesus as God incarnate

1 Timothy 2:3

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (KJV)

Know who else is known in the Bible as the Savior of mankind?

That's right, Jesus!

1 Timothy 2:3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior,
This is a great example of just how desperate for support texts you are. You and I both know, Jehovah/YHVH God is called the savior, and Jehovah/YHVH God has EXALTED Jesus of Nazareth to be savior ALSO.
Your attempt to spin a text talking about Jehovah God, our savior, and try to FORCE it to be about Jesus, is transparent, and sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@tstor

And confessedly the mystery of piety is great. God has been manifested in flesh, has been justified in [the] Spirit, has appeared to angels, has been preached among [the] nations, has been believed on in [the] world, has been received up in glory. (Darby)
ASV
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the spirit, Seen of angels, Preached among the nations, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.
CSB
And most certainly, the mystery of godliness is great: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory
CEB
Without question, the mystery of godliness is great: he was revealed as a human, declared righteous by the Spirit, seen by angels, preached throughout the nations, believed in around the world, and taken up in glory
CJB
Great beyond all question is the formerly hidden truth underlying our faith: He was manifested physically and proved righteous spiritually, seen by angels and proclaimed among the nations, trusted throughout the world and raised up in glory to heaven.
DLNT
And the mystery of godliness is confessedly great: Who was revealed in the flesh, was declared-righteous in the spirit; was seen by messengers, was proclaimed among the nations; was believed in the world, was taken-up in glory.
ESV
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.
ESVUK
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory

3739 [e]
Hos
Ὃς
[He] who
RelPro-NMS
5319 [e]
ephanerōthē
ἐφανερώθη
was revealed
V-AIP-3S
1722 [e]
en
ἐν
in
Prep
4561 [e]
sarki
σαρκί

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Scriptures clearly state Jehovah/YHVH alone is God, alone is the Creator of the heavens, and the earth ..... and that Jesus is HIS servant;

Isaiah 42
42 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles. 2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth. 4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.

5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house. 8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Acts 4
24 And they, when they heard it, lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, O Lord, Thou that didst make the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that in them is: 25 who by the holy spirit, by the mouth of our father David thy servant, didst say,

Why did the Gentiles rage,
And the peoples imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array,
And the rulers were gathered together,
Against the Lord, and against His Anointed:

27 for of a truth in this city against Thy holy servant Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together, 28 to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy council foreordained to come to pass. 29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto Thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness, 30 while thou stretchest forth Thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Thy holy servant Jesus. 31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken wherein they were gathered together; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Upvote 0

tstor

Apr 28, 2017
Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
@tstor

It is a well known error in some Greek manuscripts and, by extent, older English translations.
1 Timothy 3:16 - A Verse Used to Support the Trinity | BiblicalUnitarian.com

• Informative
Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.