Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Scriptures clearly state Jehovah/YHVH alone is God, alone is the Creator of the heavens, and the earth ..... and that Jesus is HIS servant;

Isaiah 42
42 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles. 2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth. 4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.

5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house. 8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Acts 4
24 And they, when they heard it, lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, O Lord, Thou that didst make the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that in them is: 25 who by the holy spirit, by the mouth of our father David thy servant, didst say,

Why did the Gentiles rage,
And the peoples imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array,
And the rulers were gathered together,
Against the Lord, and against His Anointed:

27 for of a truth in this city against Thy holy servant Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together, 28 to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy council foreordained to come to pass. 29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto Thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness, 30 while thou stretchest forth Thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Thy holy servant Jesus. 31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken wherein they were gathered together; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

• Agree
Reactions: tstor

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Acts 4:KJV
27 "For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, {28} For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done. {29} And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, {30} By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus."

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why did "The Servant" say that He and The Father are One?
Because they are, just like all the believers are One.
John 17:20-22 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which Thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 4:KJV
27 "For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, {28} For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done. {29} And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, {30} By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus."
NT:3816 PAIDA a boy (as often beaten (disciplined) with impunity), or (by analogy,) a girl, and (genitive case) a child; specifically, a slave or servant (especially a minister to a king; and by eminence to God):

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Look again at the context of Acts 4.

God, the creator, has anointed His holy "PAIDA", and has done signs and wonders by the name of God's holy "PAIDA".

This "PAIDA" is not God.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is God Himself :
Isaiah 9:6 And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father..
No, that's merely part of one of his names.... "his NAME (SH'MOW) shall be called ..."

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
John 17:20-22 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which Thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Jesus the Christ said He is God. A very profound verse sums up WHO He is, in that He is the Word, and that He is Creator. There are many verses, such as in Isaiah, when the angels proclaim Him, saying that He is Almighty God. The verse however i am referring to is this one:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. " ~Jn 1:1-3

• Winner
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yep Emmanuel=God with us
And, the fact that Jesus was born, grew into the man from Nazareth, that God exalted to be Christ, Lord, Prince and Savior, proves clearly, God IS with us... even though Satan is against us.
Acts 2:29-36 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus the Christ said He is God.
Never.
brinny said:
A very profound verse sums up WHO He is, in that He is the Word, and that He is Creator. There are many verses, such as in Isaiah, when the angels proclaim Him, saying that He is Almighty God. The verse however i am referring to is this one:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. " ~Jn 1:1-3
John 1:1 is talking about God's words. You are ignoring the meaning of logos.
Jesus is the flesh and blood fulfillment of his God's logos. Jesus SPOKE his God's logos;

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings (LOGOS): and the word (LOGOS) which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 10:30
I and my Father are One

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Never.
John 1:1 is talking about God's words. You are ignoring the meaning of logos.
Jesus is the flesh and blood fulfillment of his God's logos. Jesus SPOKE his God's logos;

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings (LOGOS): and the word (LOGOS) which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

What comes to mind for me as i read your posts is:

Is Jesus the Christ to be worshiped?

In addition, there is a verse that states that Jesus did no wrong when He claimed to be equal with God, isn't there?

What else comes to mind is:

Was Jesus sinless?

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
This is a spurious text. It's very existence is a testimony to the desperate LACK of Scripture to support trinitarian theory.
friend of said:
John 10:30
I and my Father are One

friend of said:
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Yes, God's LOGOS, words.
friend of said:
1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Misquote. "Theos" isn't in the text.

• Prayers
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*cough* John 10:30
Nope.
Your "spin" of John 10:30 conflicts with John 14:28, and John 20:17, and Rev 3:12, and others..
John 17:20-22 clarifies John 10:30 so there is harmony with John 14:28, and John 20:17, and Rev 3:12, and others.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is a spurious text.

I doubt you even know which version I'm quoting.

And which version are you using for your arguments? The authorized Jehovah's Witness version that redacts important words from the Bible?

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your "spin" of John 10:30 conflicts with

It's not my "spin" it's what the text of the Bible actually says. The Bible cannot contradict itself. When Jesus says "the Father and I are One" I will believe His word, tyvm.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.