May 28, 2002
Toronto
✟16,926.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Conservatives
From your first link:

3. That Jesus is the Only-begotton Son of God, thus of the essense of God, God Himself.

4. Therefore Jesus is God of God, Light of Light, true God of true God.

5. Jesus was begotten, not made; therefore of one substance with the Father

Are we dealing with two Gods, one being the Father and one being the Son? - And this is an actual question, not a prelude for a debate.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, I posted this on another thread, but it might be more appropriate here. If you accept the Trinity theory, then a whole bunch of logical impossibilities can occur.

1) you have to accept that jesus was both 100% man and 100% God. As anyone who has taking grade school math can attest, this is not possible.

2) When Jesus went off by himself to pray, who was he praying to? Was he praying to himself? Makes no sense.

3) When Jesus went off into the desert and was tempted by the devil. If Jesus is God, then who cares? How do you tempt God into sinning. Can't be done.

4) It is said that Jesus led the perfect life and therefore his death was the perfect sacrifice. Once again, if Jesus is God, then who cares? How hard is it for God to lead the perfect life? I would say it would be pretty easy. But if Jesus were a man.....

5) When Jesus was on the cross, he cried out " Eloi, Eloi, Lema Sabachthane?" He was clearly suffering here and was crying out to God. If he were God, why is he crying out to himself.

6) Jesus died on the Cross. How can you kill God? Impossible.

7) The salvation story. If Jesus is God, then the Salvation story boils down to "God sacrificied himself to appease himself". Makes NO sense.

I have to admit, Jesus as Man makes the story fit alot better.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Starscream
I can just see the Hollywood hype ...

Jesus:  part man, part God, ALL ACTION!

;)

You won't need to see the hollywood version-You will see God Himself as will all to make account on the day of judgement.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Starscream
I can just see the Hollywood hype ...

Jesus:  part man, part God, ALL ACTION!

;)

Works for me. But who do we get to play him? Vin Diesel perhaps? Or how about a more established action hero, like Arnold? I can imagine his last words on the cross: "I'll be back."

Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Grizzly
Ok, I posted this on another thread, but it might be more appropriate here. If you accept the Trinity theory, then a whole bunch of logical impossibilities can occur.

1) you have to accept that jesus was both 100% man and 100% God. As anyone who has taking grade school math can attest, this is not possible.

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

If God is omniscient, omnipotent, etc. then what's the problem?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
Originally posted by OldShepherd
I assume that is in response to my post. There is more proof that Jesus existed and was who He said He was than there is that you exist.

Really?  You'll find that us old-timers here don't believe every single thing that is asserted on these boards ... perhaps you'd like to back up that claim?

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I assume that is in response to my post. There is more proof that Jesus existed and was who He said He was than there is that you exist.

Oh, I don't know.  How many posts have you seen from Jesus?  I can print out a whole bunch of posts from Starscream.  I know that someone is making those posts.  From my point of view, there is more evidence that Starscream currently exists than Jesus does.

Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Grizzly
Oh, I don't know.  How many posts have you seen from Jesus?  I can print out a whole bunch of posts from Starscream.  I know that someone is making those posts.  From my point of view, there is more evidence that Starscream currently exists than Jesus does.

Could be a computer program doing the whole thing. Or a team of guys trying to dis Christianity, or a whole lotta other things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
Here's an effective response I've learned while posting here:

Could be a computer program doing the whole thing. Or a team of guys trying to dis Christianity, or a whole lotta other things.

LOL!  Starscream could show himself right to your face and you would still not believe!

I pray that your heart will soften, time is running out!

Still, I suppose I could be a computer program, or a team of guys trying to dis Christianity (or something else).  I challenge you to use such skepticism on your religion.

Upvote 0
Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

If God is omniscient, omnipotent, etc. then what's the problem?

That would be logical possibilities.

For instance, the question "Can God make a boulder so big that He can't lift it?" is a logical fallacy and can't be applied.

The same with 100% God and 100% man. It's a logical fallacy.

A more proper explanation would be:

Jesus was 100% man and he had 100% of God indwelling.

Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Kain
That would be logical possibilities.

For instance, the question "Can God make a boulder so big that He can't lift it?" is a logical fallacy and can't be applied.

The same with 100% God and 100% man. It's a logical fallacy.

A more proper explanation would be:

Jesus was 100% man and he had 100% of God indwelling.

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all [logical] things are possible.

The gospel according to Kain. If the Bible doesn't say what you want it to, just rewrite it to suit whatever fantasy you are promoting at the time. I don't believe that the creator or the universe is confined by our puny human logic, reason, "laws of gravity", etc. etc. etc. And I think He said as much in Isaiah 55. And God can create a boulder so big He can't move it. But all He would have to do is uncreate it then recreate it somewhere else.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.