Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Does Jesus retain His humanity in heaven?

Yes or No ... and please provide scriptural references to support your answer.

He's always been God:

Daniel 10:5-6

5 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:

6 His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

Also:

Revelation 1:13-16

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It depends on your definition of humanity. God made us in His image, we are to retain who He is.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Timothy 2:1-6 (NIV)

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is (present tense) one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.​

The context here is current worship and prayer. In Hebrews, the author uses the image of a "high priest of the Order of Melchizedek," and claims that he is perfect for the purpose of intercession, because he knows personally our weaknesses, having lived among us as one of us, tempted like us, but without sin.

The disciples saw Jesus (as a man) ascend into heaven, and the "two men dressed in white" who suddenly appeared, promised that this same Jesus will come back, just as you saw him go.

Luke 24: 36 - 43
Jesus Appears to the Disciples
While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”
When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence.​

After his resurrection, Jesus made it very clear that he was not a ghost, but a man in a body. He ate and drank, walked and talked, could be felt through touch, and showed scars. The BODY in the grave was resurrected, albeit in "glorified" form. God has sanctified "bodiness" and is eager to dwell "within us" - as Paul said "don't you know that your bodies of the temple of the Holy Spirit." (1 Cor. 6:19). After all, God made us with a body, in His image. He is not ashamed of the Son being in bodily form.

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth [present continous tense] all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, Jesus remains truly God and truly human seated at the Right Hand of Power.

Acts 1: NASB

9And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. 11They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”

And Paul uses the present tense here:

Colossians 2: NASB

8See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. 9For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, 10and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;

Upvote 0