Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love the books of Rev JR Miller. I have his book 'Come Ye Apart'. I just read about two instances that truly encourage me.

First when Jesus was in the boat with his disciples, he being asleep during a storm. He slept through the storm but the moment his men cried out to Him He awoke. He was calm and commanded the storm to cease.

Second, Jesus hung in agony dying on the cross. All around Him were the dreadful voices of hatred and mockery. He remained silent to it all. But as soon as the cry of penitence came from the cross beside Him 'Lord, remember me!', He answered.

I love this! Amid the storms of our lives, Jesus hears us and answers. He will hear even our whispered prayers and bring us His peace and help. So let us be encouraged. Christ is our great shepherd, we know His voice and He knows and loves us. This goes for everyone, no criminal too far gone, nobody beyond redemption.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love the books of Rev JR Miller. I have his book 'Come Ye Apart'. I just read about two instances that truly encourage me.

First when Jesus was in the boat with his disciples, he being asleep during a storm. He slept through the storm but the moment his men cried out to Him He awoke. He was calm and commanded the storm to cease.

Second, Jesus hung in agony dying on the cross. All around Him were the dreadful voices of hatred and mockery. He remained silent to it all. But as soon as the cry of penitence came from the cross beside Him 'Lord, remember me!', He answered.

I love this! Amid the storms of our lives, Jesus hears us and answers. He will hear even our whispered prayers and bring us His peace and help. So let us be encouraged. Christ is our great shepherd, we know His voice and He knows and loves us. This goes for everyone, no criminal too far gone, nobody beyond redemption.
Hi @Lilly54 y54 Let us be encouraged, indeed. :)

Upvote 0