Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
"is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

"Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Pro 4

There are others. But how to have God's peace?

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.' Phillipians 4:7
Reading the complete passage gives the clue:

"Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God; and the peace of God that passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7).

So, what brings the peace of God to us is that we make our requests known to God through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving. If we don't ask, we don't receive. This shows that the peace of God doesn't come down on us like some indeterminate mist, but it is the result of our fellowship with God in prayer and thanksgiving, asking Him for the things we need.

• Winner
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Often the emphasis seems to be on our physical healings and that's no small thing.

But God made us spirit, soul, and body God heals us in every area as shown in His Word such as Prov 4.

As you know, the fruit of His spirit is listed in Gal 5 No matter where we are in the process,, when we have His peace and love seems it impacts all the other areas imo. Especially now, how to have God's peace?
My greatest peace comes from knowing we are good. I know He has forgiven me. I have peace with God. There is a great calm in that. I can relax with Him.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You can download "A Lifting Up Of The Downcast" by William Bridge, a Puritan writer. One good chapter is when he examines what he calls "The Good Man's Peace". This is very insightful and explains how although we have peace with God through Christ, our sense of peace can be disrupted for a number of reasons. The author shows that although our sense of peace can be severely disrupted at times, our standing where we are in a state of peace with God is never threatened.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the biggest victory toward maintaining that peace is my coming to the understanding that my standing is based on His faithfulness. He has forgiven us for His sake. When He convicts me, I have joy knowing that He is chastising me as a Father would His child. There comes godly sorrow, but there is contentment and calm in it.

1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

When I fail, when I am weak, when I fall... I know He is there. He is the lifter up of my head.
Praise His name.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
how to have God's peace?

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.' Phillipians 4:7

Confused - are we speaking of healing or peace?

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Scripture such as these
-"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Pro 4

Seems considering these as well as others can help have God's peace.

Interested in this group's input.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,713.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Confused - are we speaking of healing or peace?
I think we're speaking of the spiritual peace aspect of healing, which I'm always a bit wary of, since it's what the cessationists use as an excuse to denounce scripture on healing. The OP does clearly indicate belief in physical healing as well in a follow up post.

• Agree
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think we're speaking of the spiritual peace aspect of healing, which I'm always a bit wary of, since it's what the cessationists use as an excuse to denounce scripture on healing. The OP does clearly indicate belief in physical healing as well in a follow up post.

Thanks

having to guess what someone is talking about makes it very difficult to participate in a discussion.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i think real peace comes when we have the right expectations of God and our relationship with him. I used to feel like because I was his child I would be free from pain etc, and it was naive and foolish. God never promised that, in fact quite the opposite. What he did promise is that even in the midst of great trouble, he would be right there.

Im learning, rather slowly, to say thank you in every single situation and that is slowly bringing me peace. just a mindset change from How could you allow this? to thank you for drawing me closer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
In 2013 I discovered Curry Blakes DVD set on Healing Technicians. I then purchased his manual. It involved an updated version of John G Lake's Healing Technician manual. I found the theory very interesting. The premise is that the way Jesus healed people as recorded in the Gospels should be carefully studied, and adopted as the sure fire way that we can get sick people healed. Curry Blake was very convincing and I enjoyed his ministry. I felt that the technique was worth putting into practice. I decided that I was going to offer ministry to every person with a medical condition, who came across my path. I had some interesting encounters and the ones I prayed for appreciated that I cared for them enough to offer a prayer.

But in the eight years since, I have seen no notable healing except for minor conditions that would have resolved themselves through natural or medical processes. So, after all this time of trying, and I think eight years of effort would prove whether the technique would either work or not.

I have come to the conclusion that after all this time I have not been able to demonstrate the theory in actual practice. Therefore, the conclusion is that the technique doesn't work.

I have realised that Jesus healed people during HIs ministry in Israel to show that He was the Christ, the Son of the Living God. There is no way that we can duplicate the mass healing that He did. This is not to say that God does not heal people, but He is sovereign and He decides who He is going to heal and who He allows to remain sick. God is not a push button healing vending machine that gives guaranteed healing on demand.

This doesn't stop me requesting healing for a sick person in terms of Philippians 4:6-7, but I can't say anything to the sick person that might suggest that I am some kind of power that when I say, "Jesus heals you", or, "I curse this sickness", that the healing will happen as a result. To imply that God will automatically heal a person because I say it, is to give the sick person a false hope. In fact, I would be lying to the sick person.

Those who have read my previous posts about healing will know how strongly I have supported the healing ministry and that God is willing to heal sick people. I wrote my M.Div research paper on the healing ministry, tracing healing through Scripture, church history, and current healing ministry practices. I know that there are testimonies of people being healed, and that is wonderful for them, but never the mass healing that Jesus produced during His ministry.

Therefore, I believe that we can't do what Jesus did, because none of us are Jesus, nor do any of us have the same calling and mission that Jesus had in Israel. We see that Luke recorded the signs and wonders that occurred during Peter's and Paul's ministry, but never on the same scale as Jesus. What Luke doesn't record are the multitudes of sick people who weren't healed.

Therefore I conclude that there is no set formulae for ministering healing. All we can do is to request healing for a sick person, and then leave it to the sovereignty of God.

Anyone can write a book, or produce a manual for healing, but that is all they can do. Producing a book is one thing, being able to demonstrate in sick people what is written and quoted from Scripture is quite another.

Therefore, I have decided not to give any false impression that I have any power to heal sick people, or that my prayers have any special effectiveness over and above anyone else. If I continue to give that impression, I would feel that I am lying to sick people by getting to believe a technique or formula that simply doesn't work in practice.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In 2013 I discovered Curry Blakes DVD set on Healing Technicians. I then purchased his manual. It involved an updated version of John G Lake's Healing Technician manual. I found the theory very interesting. The premise is that the way Jesus healed people as recorded in the Gospels should be carefully studied, and adopted as the sure fire way that we can get sick people healed. Curry Blake was very convincing and I enjoyed his ministry. I felt that the technique was worth putting into practice. I decided that I was going to offer ministry to every person with a medical condition, who came across my path. I had some interesting encounters and the ones I prayed for appreciated that I cared for them enough to offer a prayer.

But in the eight years since, I have seen no notable healing except for minor conditions that would have resolved themselves through natural or medical processes. So, after all this time of trying, and I think eight years of effort would prove whether the technique would either work or not.

I have come to the conclusion that after all this time I have not been able to demonstrate the theory in actual practice. Therefore, the conclusion is that the technique doesn't work.

I have realised that Jesus healed people during HIs ministry in Israel to show that He was the Christ, the Son of the Living God. There is no way that we can duplicate the mass healing that He did. This is not to say that God does not heal people, but He is sovereign and He decides who He is going to heal and who He allows to remain sick. God is not a push button healing vending machine that gives guaranteed healing on demand.

This doesn't stop me requesting healing for a sick person in terms of Philippians 4:6-7, but I can't say anything to the sick person that might suggest that I am some kind of power that when I say, "Jesus heals you", or, "I curse this sickness", that the healing will happen as a result. To imply that God will automatically heal a person because I say it, is to give the sick person a false hope. In fact, I would be lying to the sick person.

Those who have read my previous posts about healing will know how strongly I have supported the healing ministry and that God is willing to heal sick people. I wrote my M.Div research paper on the healing ministry, tracing healing through Scripture, church history, and current healing ministry practices. I know that there are testimonies of people being healed, and that is wonderful for them, but never the mass healing that Jesus produced during His ministry.

Therefore, I believe that we can't do what Jesus did, because none of us are Jesus, nor do any of us have the same calling and mission that Jesus had in Israel. We see that Luke recorded the signs and wonders that occurred during Peter's and Paul's ministry, but never on the same scale as Jesus. What Luke doesn't record are the multitudes of sick people who weren't healed.

Therefore I conclude that there is no set formulae for ministering healing. All we can do is to request healing for a sick person, and then leave it to the sovereignty of God.

Anyone can write a book, or produce a manual for healing, but that is all they can do. Producing a book is one thing, being able to demonstrate in sick people what is written and quoted from Scripture is quite another.

Therefore, I have decided not to give any false impression that I have any power to heal sick people, or that my prayers have any special effectiveness over and above anyone else. If I continue to give that impression, I would feel that I am lying to sick people by getting to believe a technique or formula that simply doesn't work in practice.

Respectfully, I think you are coming at this from a faulty position.

You are correct that you, in yourself, have absolutely no power to heal.

I also believe that you are correct that Jesus healed on a "mass level" because he was Jesus.

BUT, Jesus didn't heal because he was "the Son of God." Remember, he lowered himself and took on our form, our likeness. He was a man just as we. So be sure his healing power didn't come from his status as the Son of God. He was and is our example in all things.

His healing power, his power in general came out of his relationship with the Holy Spirit. The Apostles even had great healing ministries and they certainly were no gods, they only worked with and were led by the Holy Spirit. Peter's shadow would heal people. Paul would merely touch napkins and cloths that could be sent across the empire and they would heal and cast out demons.

The power comes from the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said in John 5, that he did what he saw the Father doing. Nothing more, nothing less. When he healed the paralytic at the Pool of Bethesda, there would have been dozens if not hundreds of sick and lame people there, but he only went to one. When Peter healed the lame man in Acts 2, Jesus would have no doubt have walked by that man many times, but never once ministered healing to him. Why? Because it wasn't the Father's will.

I think we as Christians can get discouraged because I've prayed for 100 healings and have seen very few if any. When if we would just work with the Father, say Father what is your will. Show me what you are doing and then just wait on him, the work would come.

We put the cart before the horse is what I'm trying to say. I've done it, much to my harm. For a time I just didn't even try because "I have not seen the results and I would rather not make God and myself look bad."

Now I just stay in constant communication with God through the Holy Spirit and I constantly seek his will and guidance. It may not be perfect, I may miss signs, but I trust that in his grace he will lead me to where he wants me to be. That includes seeing healings and miracles.

I don't believe God gives us these powers to just use on a whim. He performs signs and wonders to validate the message I believe. Just my thought, but I'd say don't give up on it. Talk with God, wait for him to reveal his will and how he wants us to perform his work, then work it out in faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I also believe that you are correct that Jesus healed on a "mass level" because he was Jesus.

BUT, Jesus didn't heal because he was "the Son of God." Remember, he lowered himself and took on our form, our likeness. He was a man just as we. So be sure his healing power didn't come from his status as the Son of God. He was and is our example in all things.

His healing power, his power in general came out of his relationship with the Holy Spirit. The Apostles even had great healing ministries and they certainly were no gods, they only worked with and were led by the Holy Spirit. Peter's shadow would heal people. Paul would merely touch napkins and cloths that could be sent across the empire and they would heal and cast out demons.

Jesus said in John 5, that he did what he saw the Father doing. Nothing more, nothing less. When he healed the paralytic at the Pool of Bethesda, there would have been dozens if not hundreds of sick and lame people there, but he only went to one. When Peter healed the lame man in Acts 2, Jesus would have no doubt have walked by that man many times, but never once ministered healing to him. Why? Because it wasn't the Father's will.

I think we as Christians can get discouraged because I've prayed for 100 healings and have seen very few if any. When if we would just work with the Father, say Father what is your will. Show me what you are doing and then just wait on him, the work would come.

We put the cart before the horse is what I'm trying to say. I've done it, much to my harm. For a time I just didn't even try because "I have not seen the results and I would rather not make God and myself look bad."

Now I just stay in constant communication with God through the Holy Spirit and I constantly seek his will and guidance. It may not be perfect, I may miss signs, but I trust that in his grace he will lead me to where he wants me to be. That includes seeing healings and miracles.

I don't believe God gives us these powers to just use on a whim. He performs signs and wonders to validate the message I believe. Just my thought, but I'd say don't give up on it. Talk with God, wait for him to reveal his will and how he wants us to perform his work, then work it out in faith.

Yes. And let us keep the faith, fixing our eyes on Jesus ...

• Winner
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

It is interesting that Bill Johnson said that sufficient demonstration of healing of actual medical conditions would seriously decrease the number of Cessationists saying that God does not heal today.

The problem is that all he could do is to give a speech about it, and the reality is that there is little or no actual demonstration that people with serious medical conditions are actually being healed through all the healing meetings and crusades being held around the world. In fact, the healing ministry has not got beyond the talking stage, and that the "signs and wonders" have consisted in people falling down, shaking, jerking, writhing around the floor, and nothing else, while seriously ill and disabled people, including those in wheelchairs go home the same as when they arrived.

I have come to the point where I believe that the general healing ministry is a fraud. I believe David Wilkerson who said that if these healing evangelists with their claims of healing were in the secular world, they would be in prison for fraud!

I do believe that healing and casting out of demons accompanies the preaching of the Gospel - under specific circumstances that existed in the early church. But it seems that the specific circumstances don't exist in today's churches, which mean that healing proponents can do a lot of talking and teaching about it, but can't actually demonstrate it.

What I have noticed in the prominent healing ministries, is that instead of healing and deliverance accompanying the preaching of the Gospel, the Gospel involving what Jesus did for us on the Cross is left out of the equation and the emphasis is placed on healing and prosperity. Some years ago I went to a Reinhard Bonnke crusade in Auckland NZ, and although there was much time praising up the great evangelist and teaching about healing, when the great man preached he didn't mention anything about Christ and Him crucified. The crusade ended a week long conference, and there were no reports of anyone being healed of a serious medical condition such as heart disease or cancer. It was just all talk and no demonstration.

So the challenge is - provide the evidence of real healing of cancer and heart disease through relevant medical records showing the total healing of terminal conditions by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0