Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the lineage of Jesus is important according to prophecy. You see, Jesus had to be born in the line of David according to 2 Samuel 7:12-13. Referring to David, these verses say, "When your days are over and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, who will come from your own body, and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever."

Source used:
Lineage of Jesus
But he is considered from the line of David through Josepth but has no genetic connection with Josepth.

Upvote 0

johnnywong

Sep 25, 2018
Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only problem you have with your explanation is that Jesus was born a King.

Jesus was worshiped at birth.

Jesus never claimed to be the offspring of Adam, Jesus always said that He came from above. Jesus assumed our human form, Jesus was never a created entity like us.

Jesus always knew exactly who He was and was the Word in human form.

Whether Jesus looked like His mum is irrelevant.

A humble God in human form.
Agree.
Adam is from below (dust )
Jesus is from above (Holy Spirit from above)

Upvote 0

Ing Bee

Son of Encouragement
Supporter
Mar 21, 2018
East Bay
✟78,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No , What I mean is Jesus has perfect complete DNA created by Holy Spirit not from any sinners (including Mary )
I think the issue here is that human DNA is not sinful. There is nothing inherently sinful or evil about humanity. God created humanity "good".

I think I understand the issue you are attempting to address (regarding Mary's immaculate conception), but what you propose in your OP is neither provable by DNA evidence (we don't have any), textual evidence (nothing in scripture indicates what you propose) and is contradicted by scripture (the woman's seed would crush the serpent's head, Abraham's seed would bless all people, Judah's seed would reign forever, David's son would be called the Son of God, etc.).

What you're proposing is another version of the immaculate conception, except instead of an unnecessary spiritual step (purifying Mary before her conception), you have substituted an unnecessary post-scientific revolution, post-cell theory, post-DNA discovery mechanism.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was a fully functioning reproductively viable XY genomed human male. If he hadn't been, he would not have been an appropriate sacrifice.

I am only speaking in scientific context.

Of course, with supernatural intervention, Jesus could also be XY male.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

So if Jesus was a "reproductively viable XY genomed human male" thus capable of reproducing - than He had to be human! LOL

Every thing is made after it's own kind (Genesis 1:25).
Angels don't reproduce. (Matthew 22:30)

So...... I guess it really wasn't aliens!

:bow::bow::bow::ebil::ebil::ebil::idea::idea::idea: :doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But he is considered from the line of David through Josepth but has no genetic connection with Josepth.
Remember how John the Baptist asserted God could raise up children unto Abraham from stones!
These comments disregard God's ability to declare who is what in relation to ancestral privileges.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If it was only to establish rights and property why would the author go as far as Adam or Abraham? Can one be in the line of David through adoption? 1 Chronicles 2:34-35 suggests that a foreign son can be adopted to pass on the line and receive the inheritance, but does that give him any rights to become king? It didn't help Ishmael, being the first born, to become Abrams heir because Sarah gave birth to a more legitimate heir. And it seems that the birthright, the double portion, is guaranteed to the first born of the father despite his wishes to do otherwise(Deut. 21:15-17), and Joseph does go on to have a first born son of his own (With the exception of Catholic belief).

Going back to Adam and Abraham is precisely because of rights and properties. We have no way of knowing whether God created a sperm, or simply amplified the DNA of an egg, or provided a whole new fertilized egg within Mary; all assertions on that are simply speculation. We do know it was God's will that Jesus be counted as fully of the line of Adam through Abraham and of the tribe of Judah of the line of David.

Matt 3:9
9 and do not suppose that you can say to yourselves, "We have Abraham for our father'; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.
NASU

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He used it.
But every time he shows us he ask his father first.
This means he delicate the power temporarily to the father in order to set us an example to follow the steps of Jesus.
There is a great contradiction in those who promote trinity ..in that they then say things like " jesus used his power as God"
A direct " oneness" stance .
Personly i am niether.
The lord JESUS is the stone the builders rejected ..he came forth from the father
He became flesh and blood.

He then did what he was sent out to do and returned to the father .
He is the son
There can be no son without the father.
The son is not referred as the son untill he came forth from God.
The Son ...became son ,when uniquely born forth as Flesh and blood.
He was not a demigod.
He was ..a man
Everything he did on the earth he did as a man.
A man with the holy spirit in him.

This may seem another topic but its interelated .because its the same system that seeks to elivate mary which pushes other things the scripture simply doesnt say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Going back to Adam and Abraham is precisely because of rights and properties. We have no way of knowing whether God created a sperm, or simply amplified the DNA of an egg, or provided a whole new fertilized egg within Mary; all assertions on that are simply speculation. We do know it was God's will that Jesus be counted as fully of the line of Adam through Abraham and of the tribe of Judah of the line of David.

Matt 3:9
9 and do not suppose that you can say to yourselves, "We have Abraham for our father'; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.
NASU
Going back to Adam is a property right? How is anyone differentiated going back to Adam? Going back to Abraham makes him a "son of the Promise" but that was to Abraham's seed. We can only speculate as to the details, but it is very clear to the audience that Marry played a blood part in it, because there is no tie to David without it. Being a son of David is clearly in line by the author because he records that the Angel called Joseph a "son of David" in Matthew. You can't have a "Branch" from Jesse without a trunk. Without Marry playing a blood part you have a whole different tree not a branch.

Upvote 0

Selene03

Feb 9, 2019
Hagatna
✟15,025.00
Country
Guam
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here's a quote from theologian Fr. Herbert McCabe,

"This is what John is talking about at the beginning of his Gospel when he calls Jesus the Word of God made flesh. Jesus is God's Word, God's idea of God, how God understands himself. He is how-God-understands-himself become a part of our human history, become human, become the first really thoroughly human part of our history - and therefore, of course, the one hated, despised, and destroyed by the rest of us, who wouldn't mind being divine but are very frightened of being human." - Herbert McCabe, God Still Matters, p. 104 (emphasis in bold mine)

It is much more comfortable for us if we imagine Christ as Apotheosis, as a man become god; after all "the gods" are up there, powerful, distant, untouchable, that's comfortable. But it's far less comfortable to say that God became man, and came to dwell in pain, weakness, and death. We like the idea divinity, up there, high above the problems of the world--it's this down here part where we struggle, with its ugliness. The Christian religion insists that it is, in fact, right here in the ugliness and weakness down here that God has chosen to dwell and identify with, in Jesus. Should we be surprised that men "who wouldn't mind being divine but are very frightened of being human" would try to undermine the Incarnation?

-CryptoLutheran
Christ, who is God humbled Himself even unto death. I find more comfort knowing that God became human. By being human, God understands our fears, hurts, pain and frustration. A god who can't empathize with our fears, hurts, pain and frustration is a distant god who can unfairly judge us in the end. It's a comfort knowing that we will be judged through His Son.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Going back to Adam is a property right? How is anyone differentiated going back to Adam? Going back to Abraham makes him a "son of the Promise" but that was to Abraham's seed. We can only speculate as to the details, but it is very clear to the audience that Marry played a blood part in it, because there is no tie to David without it. Being a son of David is clearly in line by the author because he records that the Angel called Joseph a "son of David" in Matthew. You can't have a "Branch" from Jesse without a trunk. Without Marry playing a blood part you have a whole different tree not a branch.
This is fully incorrect and removes the sinless state of the lord.
Plus mary is of the tribe of levi .
Sonship is recognised by God in absolute fullness by adoption.
He was called the son of man
But was in fact the son of God.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Correct.
He became flesh
He did not come from sinful flesh.

The problem your up against in this thread and topic is that for people to admit your right is they have to admit that the elevation of mary must be discarded.
Because every argument trying to say her sin tainted flesh and blood had any part in his "becoming" flesh is a defense of mary Not a defence of the Lord Jesus.
It elevates a created being over the creator.
Of course such an act is idolatry.
And what your saying on this thread proves that idolatary.
So in the face of direct scripture they oppose it.

I will openly state I Agree with you.

The word of God created man ... From man wo-man came. For she is called from man.
Then the eternal word ..became flesh .. Grew in the womb and was birthed forth.

She is indeed what modern science now knows. A Surrugate mother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

johnnywong

Sep 25, 2018
Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Correct.
He became flesh
He did not come from sinful flesh.

The problem your up against in this thread and topic is that for people to admit your right is they have to admit that the elevation of mary must be discarded.
Because every argument trying to say her sin tainted flesh and blood had any part in his "becoming" flesh is a defense of mary Not a defence of the Lord Jesus.
It elevates a created being over the creator.
Of course such an act is idolatry.
And what your saying on this thread proves that idolatary.
So in the face of direct scripture they oppose it.

I will openly state I Agree with you.

The word of God created man ... From man wo-man came. For she is called from man.
Then the eternal word ..became flesh .. Grew in the womb and was birthed forth.

She is indeed what modern science now knows. A Surrugate mother.

Thanks for your support .
My idea is also try to release the bondage of those who only pray to Mary , not Jesus.
Why one need a second hand prayer while you can get a first hand relationship with Jesus.

Sorry all brothers and sisters because I am quite busy at the moment ( I have to answer similar questions in Chinese websites ) , I will try to answer all answers.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This thread is going in circles now. People are just repeating their same arguments as if they haven't already been refuted, which they have. Those who argue that Jesus did not take His flesh from His mother deny the Scriptures which state that He is seed of the woman.

Upvote 0