✟14,039.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all

Thought I'd talk about my year so far and how it has gone.

My name is Joshua, I'm 20 and I'm Autistic. I also have been diagnosed with PTSD, OCD, Anti-Social Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and probably other things. I need to try and remind myself that they're just labels. They don't control me.

So this year started off horrible but turned out pretty good. So on February the 14th, I was placed in prison. I had been kicked out of my place and the primary tenant said I had threatened him with a knife which to this day I don't believe I did and God knows the truth. I had no where else to go and I was really angry and said some things I regretted, the police would not let me go on the streets because I was quite angry. I ended up being placed in prison and remained there for four months while they tried to find me a place to go too. So from the 14th of February to the 9th of June 2020 I was in prison in what they call the ISU which is for those that are suicidal or want to hurt themselves. I was put in there because I was under 20 and under 20's are not allowed to mix with the older prisoners. It was not fun. It was more locked up than the other units and I was in my cell for 22-23 hours a day. Luckily, I had a TV in my room which kept me occupied most of the time. I did try to head bang a few times but I was never really going to hurt myself.

Anyways, while in prison I saw the chaplain often and was doing a bible course. I read the bible and nearly finished the entire action bible which I learnt a lot from. Found it easier to read a comic version of the bible than the bible with just words. I always prayed, sometimes 3 times a day, and knew that God would get me through this bump in the road.

The judge did not want me in prison and wanted me out. So I waited patiently and on the 9th of June I was convicted and released from prison with a place to go and support people along with 9 months of Intensive Supervision with reports to go to the judge from probation every 3 months until the Intensive Supervision ended. It was my first and last time in prison.

I have sort of struggled with my faith a bit and have prayed less and put God as not important when I should. I am trying to go to church and be more active in it but even then it's tough. My biggest worry which I prayed for in prison was losing my closeness with Him.

I have better managed my anger, my health, etc. since being out. I am now in a 24/7 supported home where staff are there and I go to a community center for people that have their own issues during the weekdays or at least I try too. I see mental health, probation, and more supports and am hoping to see a clinical psychologist and psychiatrist in the near future for help with my Autism and PTSD.

So although I'm struggling with my faith, God is helping me by continuing to be by my side despite all the struggles I've faced and still face. He is very real and this shows His continued love for me despite my sins.

I now have a girlfriend and I am studying Health Science starting this month. A new blessed life has begun.

If you're struggling now, know God will get you through and you will be stronger once those struggles are over.

May God's peace be with you.

Many Blessings

Joshua

Glorytothefather2245

Always Forgive!
Site Supporter
May 26, 2018
Rhode Island
✟239,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello all

Thought I'd talk about my year so far and how it has gone.

My name is Joshua, I'm 20 and I'm Autistic. I also have been diagnosed with PTSD, OCD, Anti-Social Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and probably other things. I need to try and remind myself that they're just labels. They don't control me.

So this year started off horrible but turned out pretty good. So on February the 14th, I was placed in prison. I had been kicked out of my place and the primary tenant said I had threatened him with a knife which to this day I don't believe I did and God knows the truth. I had no where else to go and I was really angry and said some things I regretted, the police would not let me go on the streets because I was quite angry. I ended up being placed in prison and remained there for four months while they tried to find me a place to go too. So from the 14th of February to the 9th of June 2020 I was in prison in what they call the ISU which is for those that are suicidal or want to hurt themselves. I was put in there because I was under 20 and under 20's are not allowed to mix with the older prisoners. It was not fun. It was more locked up than the other units and I was in my cell for 22-23 hours a day. Luckily, I had a TV in my room which kept me occupied most of the time. I did try to head bang a few times but I was never really going to hurt myself.

Anyways, while in prison I saw the chaplain often and was doing a bible course. I read the bible and nearly finished the entire action bible which I learnt a lot from. Found it easier to read a comic version of the bible than the bible with just words. I always prayed, sometimes 3 times a day, and knew that God would get me through this bump in the road.

The judge did not want me in prison and wanted me out. So I waited patiently and on the 9th of June I was convicted and released from prison with a place to go and support people along with 9 months of Intensive Supervision with reports to go to the judge from probation every 3 months until the Intensive Supervision ended. It was my first and last time in prison.

I have sort of struggled with my faith a bit and have prayed less and put God as not important when I should. I am trying to go to church and be more active in it but even then it's tough. My biggest worry which I prayed for in prison was losing my closeness with Him.

I have better managed my anger, my health, etc. since being out. I am now in a 24/7 supported home where staff are there and I go to a community center for people that have their own issues during the weekdays or at least I try too. I see mental health, probation, and more supports and am hoping to see a clinical psychologist and psychiatrist in the near future for help with my Autism and PTSD.

So although I'm struggling with my faith, God is helping me by continuing to be by my side despite all the struggles I've faced and still face. He is very real and this shows His continued love for me despite my sins.

I now have a girlfriend and I am studying Health Science starting this month. A new blessed life has begun.

If you're struggling now, know God will get you through and you will be stronger once those struggles are over.

May God's peace be with you.

Many Blessings

Joshua
thank you for the story, praise the Lord. Keep praying. Even when you dont feel like praying always pray. Pray against becoming prayer less. The enemy doesnt want you to pray because when you do it infiltrates his plans to destroy your life.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0