Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did not know this. That's incredible! Thanks for this piece of info

Glad you found it edifying friend :)
The thousand years, is a typological symbol.
The "Thousand years" a symbol that showed that Christ fulfilled the hopes of the Davidic Monarchy that Christ would fill David's office as King (Luke 1:68-69; Acts 2:30-36; 1 Timothy 1:17; Mark 11:10; ) and restore the tabernacle of David (Acts 15:16-17) so that all the gentile nations could join in to the true worship of Jehovah. The 1000 years shows a completed Monarchy instead of the fact that the Monarchy had fallen into ruin in the 500s BC via the Babylonian captivity.

Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Peter says that Jesus is both Lord and Christ. But where does it say that He is then and there ruling over Israel and they are receiving that rule?

Marilyn.

Who do you say Israel is?

Scriptural Israel Is Jesus, His Jewish Followers (The Nazarene sect of Biblical Judaism) with gentiles grafted in.

Scriptural Israel is NOT the Modern day, MULTI ETHNIC, secular, democratic Nation State that has co-opted the name.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter is explaining that in psalm 110, David, a prophet, knew that his descendent would sit on his throne, and he spoke of the ressurection of Christ as the fulfillment of this.
Acts 2:30-31 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.

Just because they rejected Christ as king doesn't mean he isn't the king. Luke 19:27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’” So when was Israel, who rejected Christ as king, slaughtered?

We have to establish what king davids throne is\was.
It was God, who in heaven, was the king of Israel before the establishment of a human king
1 Samuel 8:7 And the Lord said to Samuel, “Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them."

Just because God is rejected as king doesn't mean he isn't still king. He is God after all. So he allowed a human to sit on his throne as his representative.

The true throne of David IS the throne of God
1 Chronicles 29:23 Then Solomon sat on the throne of the Lord as king in place of David his father. And he prospered, and all Israel obeyed him.

So for Christ to sit on Davids throne is to sit on the throne of God. The Father allowed David to sit on His throne, as his representative. It is Christ, the son of David, who sat down on the throne when he was raised up, to fulfill the promises that God made to David.

It is Christ, who is the visible representation of the invisible God, who is sitting on the Lord's throne, reigning in heaven, with all authority over heaven and earth.

Hi Claninja,

Good point about - `they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them."

We agree on so much -

That the Lord is King of Israel, however the subjects are still in rebellion as we well know.

Now let`s have a look at these `thrones, meaning authorities. The throne of God is an eternal one, God always has had authority, however all other thrones, authorities have come after that. They have their designated area to govern and also the rulership God will put in place. And as we well know they all come under the Lord Jesus Christ, the supreme ruler in God`s created order, under God the Father.

1 chron. 29: 23 tells us from where the authority comes from - the throne, the authority of the Lord. It is God Himself who established the rulership in Israel and chose who would rule there.

As to Christ, we both agree that He is in heaven with all authority over heaven and earth, however He is waiting till His Father brings the nations to His footstool, to then execute the judgments upon them.
There is order in what the Godhead does.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can Christ have ALL authority over heaven and earth, with his name far above ALL dominion and power and yet not be ruling over Israel as you? Jesus was sitting on his throne in heaven when he ascended and yet he would be with the apostles until the end of the age

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Hi claninja,

The Lord Jesus as we know is King of Israel, by birth and appointment of God the Father. However as I said previously, the subjects are in rebellion and thus not receiving His rulership. One day they will, as Zechariah tells us.

Yes the Lord was with the disciples and amazingly with us, by His Holy Spirit. What a wondrous `life` in Christ we have.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who do you say Israel is?

Scriptural Israel Is Jesus, His Jewish Followers (The Nazarene sect of Biblical Judaism) with gentiles grafted in.

Scriptural Israel is NOT the Modern day, MULTI ETHNIC, secular, democratic Nation State that has co-opted the name.

Hi parousia,

Israel, as I see in God`s word, is the nation that He made & only God knows who they are across the world.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Claninja,

Good point about - `they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them."

We agree on so much -

That the Lord is King of Israel, however the subjects are still in rebellion as we well know.

Now let`s have a look at these `thrones, meaning authorities. The throne of God is an eternal one, God always has had authority, however all other thrones, authorities have come after that. They have their designated area to govern and also the rulership God will put in place. And as we well know they all come under the Lord Jesus Christ, the supreme ruler in God`s created order, under God the Father.

1 chron. 29: 23 tells us from where the authority comes from - the throne, the authority of the Lord. It is God Himself who established the rulership in Israel and chose who would rule there.

As to Christ, we both agree that He is in heaven with all authority over heaven and earth, however He is waiting till His Father brings the nations to His footstool, to then execute the judgments upon them.

regards, Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

There is definitely a lot we agree on. How I see it, is that Christ was victorious and sat down on His Father's throne.

Revelation 3:21
21To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

This same throne is the one that God granted David and Solomon to sit on

1 Chronicles 29:23
So Solomon sat on the throne of the Lord as king in place of his father David.

Peter explains that David prophesied that one of his descendants would sit on his throne. He prophesied that THROUGH THE RESURRECTION, THIS DESCENDENT, THE MESSIAH, WOULD SIT ON THE THRONE.

Acts 2:30-33
30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Seeing what was to come (meaning his descendent would sit on his throne), he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. 32God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33Exalted to the right hand of God.

As to Christ, we both agree that He is in heaven with all authority over heaven and earth, however He is waiting till His Father brings the nations to His footstool,

He is not just waiting, he is reigning until his enemies are made a footstool (1 Corinthians 15:25).

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

There is definitely a lot we agree on. How I see it, is that Christ was victorious and sat down on His Father's throne.

Revelation 3:21
21To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

This same throne is the one that God granted David and Solomon to sit on

Peter explains that David prophesied that one of his descendants would sit on his throne. He prophesied that THROUGH THE RESURRECTION, THIS DESCENDENT, THE MESSIAH, WOULD SIT ON THE THRONE.

Acts 2:30-33
30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Seeing what was to come (meaning his descendent would sit on his throne), he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. 32God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33Exalted to the right hand of God.

He is not just waiting, he is reigning until his enemies are made a footstool (1 Corinthians 15:25).

Hi again clanija,

The Father`s throne is the eternal throne of the Godhead, which is beyond all the created order. No one, but no one nor angelic beings will ever go there. Remember Lucifer tried but was cast out.

God only gave David and Solomon an earthly rule and authority, never in the heavens. Now you quoted -

Remember the word `throne` means authority, so when Solomon sat on the throne of the Lord, he sat, had the authority that the Lord gave him over Israel. Solomon was a man and lived on earth and the authority is only earthly.

And yes, the Lord will` sit` on that throne, meaning He is the rightful descendant of David to receive authority over Israel. However as the subjects of that kingdom are still partial blinded to their Messiah, they do not receive His rulership.

To know when the Lord will rule in the midst of His enemies, we need to see when He is given the supreme authority and power in the created order.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

The Father`s throne is the eternal throne of the Godhead, which is beyond all the created order.

Absolutely agree

God only gave David and Solomon an earthly rule and authority, never in the heavens.

Absolutely agree

Remember the word `throne` means authority, so when Solomon sat on the throne of the Lord, he sat, had the authority that the Lord gave him over Israel. Solomon was a man and lived on earth and the authority is only earthly.

I agree with you that God gives all those in authority their power. We can see that the Solomon sat down on the throne of his father David 1 kings 2:12 and that Solomon also sat down on the throne of the Lord 1 Chronicles 29:23. We can see here that figuratively, the throne of David is the throne of the Lord, as it is the Lord who allowed David to sit on this throne. David would not have authority without God. If David answers to the Father and was given authority from the Father, it is the Father who ultimately has all authority. It is this eternal throne, that Christ sat down on, with all authority in heaven AND on earth. He is at the right hand of the Father reigning UNTIL ALL his enemies are made a foot stool. If Christ is reigning until his enemies are made a footstool, it means that there will be those in rebellion during his reign.

To know when the Lord will rule in the midst of His enemies, we need to see when He is given the supreme authority and power in the created order.

Christ already has supreme power
Matthew 28:18
Ephesians 1:20-22
1 Peter 3:22

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

Absolutely agree

Absolutely agree

I agree with you that God gives all those in authority their power. We can see that the Solomon sat down on the throne of his father David 1 kings 2:12 and that Solomon also sat down on the throne of the Lord 1 Chronicles 29:23. We can see here that figuratively, the throne of David is the throne of the Lord, as it is the Lord who allowed David to sit on this throne. David would not have authority without God.

If David answers to the Father and was given authority from the Father, it is the Father who ultimately has all authority. It is this eternal throne, that Christ sat down on, with all authority in heaven AND on earth. He is at the right hand of the Father reigning UNTIL ALL his enemies are made a foot stool. If Christ is reigning until his enemies are made a footstool, it means that there will be those in rebellion during his reign.

Christ already has supreme power
Matthew 28:18
Ephesians 1:20-22
1 Peter 3:22

Hi Claninja,

Good that we can agree on some things. Now can you clarify the part I made bold in your comments please?

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi parousia,

Israel, as I see in God`s word, is the nation that He made & only God knows who they are across the world.

Marilyn.

Are you saying that modern political, national Israel is not the "Israel you see in God's word"?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that modern political, national Israel is not the "Israel you see in God's word"?

Hi parousia,

There would be those in Israel today that are looking to God and being obedient to the revelation they know.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Claninja,

Good that we can agree on some things. Now can you clarify the part I made bold in your comments please?

regards, Marilyn.

God promised to establish David's throne forever (2 Samuel 7:16, 1 kings 9:5, 1 Chronicles 17:14, Psalm 89:35-37) . No physical earthly throne can remain forever, as the physical earth will not remain forever. What is physical is dust and will eventually pass way. But God is forever, his throne and kingdom are forever (Lamentations 5:19, Psalm 9:7). The throne of the Lord was given to David and Solomon (Chronicles 29:23). God gave David the highest position of authority, during his time on earth. He was given the title of king under the authority of God. God promised his throne, which is the Lords throne, would last forever through one of descendants. This is fulfilled in Christ (Luke 1:31-33), the son of David. Even the Father himself calls the Son God with a throne that lasts forever (Hebrews 1:8). It is Christ who was victorious and sat down on his Father's throne (Revelation 3:21). And the Father's throne is forever.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi parousia,

There would be those in Israel today that are looking to God and being obedient to the revelation they know.

Marilyn.

Is that a yes or a no?

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that a yes or a no?

`Do you still kick your cat?` That type of Q infers that you do. So to answer yes or no would make you guilty. What I am pointing out is you want a yes or no to - Are you saying that modern political, national Israel is not the "Israel you see in God's word"?

I`m saying that the people in Israel are blinded to their Messiah, and only God knows who are His amid all the people there.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
If Jesus is reigning over the earth now, He isn't doing a very good job of it!

Jesus is reigning right now as the scriptures attest, your blasphemy against him not withstanding.
No, your whole premise is wrong, as the NT says; Satan is the current world ruler.
Jesus will be King when He Returns and at the end of the Millennium, as 1 Corinthians 15:24 states; He will then hand back the Kingdom to God.

Satan is the 'world' ruler. And since Jesus kingdom, 'is not of this world' we Christians are no longer ruled by Satan as we once were while in our sins.

If Jesus isn't your king, then who is?

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
`The LORD (Father) said to my Lord, (Jesus), "Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool." (Ps. 110: 1)

We know that when Jesus ascended He went to the Father, (Heb. 1: 3) and there the Father told Jesus to `sit` there TILL He (Father) made Jesus` enemies His footstool. And we know that Jesus at the right hand of the Father is interceding for us. He is operating in His High Priestly role.

He has been given all authority, (Eph. 1: 20 - 22) however He is not operating in His Kingship at the moment till the Father brings His enemies to His footstool for judgment

• Agree
Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
`The LORD (Father) said to my Lord, (Jesus), "Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool." (Ps. 110: 1)

We know that when Jesus ascended He went to the Father, (Heb. 1: 3) and there the Father told Jesus to `sit` there TILL He (Father) made Jesus` enemies His footstool. And we know that Jesus at the right hand of the Father is interceding for us. He is operating in His High Priestly role.

He has been given all authority, (Eph. 1: 20 - 22) however He is not operating in His Kingship at the moment till the Father brings His enemies to His footstool for judgment

All authority = kingship. He is king UNTIL his enemies have been made his footstool. He's not waiting to be king. Peter preached that he was made king when he was resurrected. And he went to the father right after he died. We know this because he told the thief on the cross he would be with him 'that day' in Paradise.

The last enemy is death as Paul tells us and that enemy will be conquered on the Last Day when all souls are resurrected. And on that day, he delivers BACK the kingship to our father. His rulership of the kingdom ends on the last day, it doesn't begin.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All authority = kingship. He is king UNTIL his enemies have been made his footstool. He's not waiting to be king. Peter preached that he was made king when he was resurrected. And he went to the father right after he died. We know this because he told the thief on the cross he would be with him 'that day' in Paradise.

The last enemy is death as Paul tells us and that enemy will be conquered on the Last Day when all souls are resurrected. And on that day, he delivers BACK the kingship to our father. His rulership of the kingdom ends on the last day, it doesn't begin.

Notice I said Jesus is not operating in His Kingship yet, `till the Father brings His enemies to His footstool, as God`s word tells us. This does not mean He is not King. of course he is King.

Jesus is king of heaven, king of glory, king of Judah, king of Israel, king of the nations, king of kings.

However He is Not operating in all of these at the moment. He has to put down all rule and authority, which He will do a step at a time. And the Lord Jesus` kingship does NOT END ever.

The God head is equal, in unity and of one mind, however in function the Father initiates, the Son administers and the Holy spirit energies. Thus when the Kingdom rule is returned to God the Father, the Lord Jesus is still equal, in unity and of one mind with the Father & Spirit, however He functions under the Father as He, the Lord Jesus rules visibly over all God`s great kingdom.
(Eph. 1: 9 & 10, Col. 1: 16 - 18)

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Notice I said Jesus is not operating in His Kingship yet, `till the Father brings His enemies to His footstool, as God`s word tells us. This does not mean He is not King. of course he is King.

The very passage you quote is saying that he is king until the last enemy is conquered. And when that last enemy is conquered, he ceases to be king.

Jesus is king of heaven, king of glory, king of Judah, king of Israel, king of the nations, king of kings.

However He is Not operating in all of these at the moment. He has to put down all rule and authority, which He will do a step at a time. And the Lord Jesus` kingship does NOT END ever.

He already put down all rule and authority by demonstrating that the ultimate power of all rule and authority - the taking of a subject's life - had no effect on him and therefore those who were members of his kingdom also are immune to state-sponsored murder. We no longer have anything to fear when it comes to government authority.

There is nowhere in scripture that states Christ's rulership is not complete and total as prophesied and designed.

The God head is equal, in unity and of one mind, however in function the Father initiates, the Son administers and the Holy spirit energies. Thus when the Kingdom rule is returned to God the Father, the Lord Jesus is still equal, in unity and of one mind with the Father & Spirit, however He functions under the Father as He, the Lord Jesus rules visibly over all God`s great kingdom.
(Eph. 1: 9 & 10, Col. 1: 16 - 18)

He gives up all rule on the last day. He turns it all back over to the father. He doesn't have a 'partial' kingdom. He has the whole thing. Show me in scripture where it says Jesus is only ruler over a part of the kingdom.

Upvote 0