• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Jesus Declares His Virginity On The Cross

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by ugmug, Nov 2, 2018.

1. ugmug

ugmug New Member

+23
    Christian
    Single
    Jesus Declares His Virginity On The Cross

When Jesus was On the cross he spoke directly to his mother Mary saying, "Woman, here is your son."

What Jesus is declaring is his celibacy and virginity. As it states in Genesis 2:24 a man shall leave his father and mother and become one flesh.

Jesus, in saying to his mother "woman, here is your son", is reaffirming the fact that his relationship with his mother and father (hint: God the Father in heaven) was still intact as a virgin. Jesus hadn't become one flesh with any woman and therefore he hadn't left his mother or his Father God in heaven.

Then the very last words of Jesus Christ spoken on the cross were, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit."

Notice that if Jesus were one flesh with another woman (hint: not a virgin) he could not commit his spirit to the Father for Jesus would have left his Father and mother to become one flesh with another woman.

Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, God's son become man, who lived a celibate life so he would not leave God the Father in heaven to become one flesh with another woman thereby being able to offer his spirit, and his spirit alone, as a sacrifice for ALL of mankind's sins on the cross!

God Bless

John 19:25-27 25Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 26When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, "Woman, here is your son," 27and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

Genesis 2:24 New International Version (NIV)

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

Luke 23:46
    Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last. (NIV)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+1,920
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Could you explain the relavancy of this please.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Neostarwcc

Neostarwcc Eternal life is a free gift. Amen. Supporter

+2,192
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    ^

4. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+4,965
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others

Jesus was "married" to the Father in Spirit. He claimed it and most know that.

5. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+18,867
    Anglican
    Married
    It seems to have escaped my attention. Where is that to be found in Scripture?

6. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+4,939
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Huh? Jesus is saying that the disciple whom he loved will now serve as Mary's son.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. SkyWriting

+4,965
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    This illustrates how people are offended that Jesus claimed to be one flesh with God.

8. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+18,867
    Anglican
    Married
    Or that he IS Mary's son and care of her now passes to him.

9. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+18,867
    Anglican
    Married
    The verse says that they are one, not that they are one flesh. And there is nothing to be seen of the "married" to the Father idea.

10. Anto9us

Anto9us Well-Known Member

+1,813
    United States
    Methodist
    Private
    US-Others
    John took Mary into his home after the Cross; that is all Jesus meant by saying "Here is your son" to Mary and "Here is your mother" to John.

11. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+4,939
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes, that's consistent with the text as well.

12. bcbsr

bcbsr Newbie

+1,374
    Christian
    So you're saying if a person says that he is the son of his mother, he is declaring his virginity? Are you the son of your mother? Or is it at some point did you stopped being the son of your mother?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. SkyWriting

+4,965
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Well, since God is SPirit, they would be worded a bit different.

14. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+11,077
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    I find the argument in the OP quite unconvincing. In fact, I could provide arguments that strongly suggest that Jesus may have been married.

15. 2tim_215

2tim_215 Well-Known Member Supporter

+434
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Of interesting note: Jesus did not call Mary His mother, He called her "woman". Why?

16. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+18,867
    Anglican
    Married
    Not as "married" though.

17. 2tim_215

+434
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I believe that he church is "betrothed" to Jesus, not quite married yet (see marriage supper of the lamb which is yet to be).

18. Phil 1:21

Phil 1:21 Well-Known Member

+4,323
    Christian
    Married
    Did I just click on Babylon Bee by accident? :scratch:

19. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+18,867
    Anglican
    Married
    Well, that's fanciful and lyrical, but when it comes to determining the meaning of a Bible verse, it wont do--especially not when the claim is that Jesus SAID it.

20. 2tim_215

+434
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Said what? That He is already married to the church? Show me where He said it.