He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mormonism teaches Jesus and Satan are brothers. The bible says Jesus created Satan:

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

Comments?

Reactions: CodyFaith

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus couldn't have created Satan.

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are all the same one God.

Its like the water, ice and vapor is just the same H20 in different forms.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace … The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.

In the time of Isaiah, God the Father said that in the future, a child, a son would be born with the title of Mighty God. Through this, God the Father Jehovah was letting us know that He would come in the role of the Son to this earth.

Col 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him.…

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are all the same one God.

Its like the water, ice and vapor is just the same H20 in different forms.

I have to disagree with your analogy --- that sounds like the heresy of modalism.

Upvote 0

eldios

May 12, 2017
San Franscisco
✟1,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Mormonism teaches Jesus and Satan are brothers. The bible says Jesus created Satan:

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

Comments?

The Word of God isn't a symbolic phrase to describe just one visible human being named Jesus. All the visible images and thoughts come from the word of the Lord who spoke his thoughts into what we call Life.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:
7: that, though the wicked sprout like grass and all evildoers flourish, they are doomed to destruction for ever,
8: but thou, O LORD, art on high for ever.

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.

The Lord is totally invisible to a human being so that's why he used visible servants called prophets and saints to write and speak for him. Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Jesus, Peter, Timothy, Paul, me and all the other prophets and saints wrote and spoke for him with the exception of the prophets who didn't have a written language before Moses. They could only be used to speak for him.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Actually LDS person here, clarifying actual LDS beliefs:
Mormonism teaches Jesus and Satan are brothers.
LDS believe that the Father is the Father of everyone and that there is no other. He is the Father of you, me, the mail man, Donald Trump, Mother Teresa, Hitler, etc: we are all spiritual siblings. Despite this commonality, we all vary in the degree to which we follow God: Mother Teresa being a good example, Hitler being not. There shared spiritual parentage doesn't automatically make Mother Teresa worse or Hitler better. The two extremes of righteousness and sin are Jesus Christ (the only Begotten Son of God & Savior of the world) and Lucifer (whom fell and totally forsaked the Father and became the devil). Again, stating the Father the Father is the Father to all be no means makes any person better or worse.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually LDS person here, clarifying actual LDS beliefs:

LDS believe that the Father is the Father of everyone and that there is no other. He is the Father of you, me, the mail man, Donald Trump, Mother Teresa, Hitler, etc: we are all spiritual siblings. Despite this commonality, we all vary in the degree to which we follow God: Mother Teresa being a good example, Hitler being not. There shared spiritual parentage doesn't automatically make Mother Teresa worse or Hitler better. The two extremes of righteousness and sin are Jesus Christ (the only Begotten Son of God & Savior of the world) and Lucifer (whom fell and totally forsaked the Father and became the devil). Again, stating the Father the Father is the Father to all be no means makes any person better or worse.

The bible says that God the Father created everything through God the Son, and that includes Satan:

1 Corinthains 8:6

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist

So how can they be brothers?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reformed2

Site Supporter
May 4, 2017
Delete
✟69,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have to disagree with your analogy --- that sounds like the heresy of modalism.

May I ask, what is modalism? I too have used the H2O comparison in an attempt to explain/ defend the Trinity. In no way was I intending to be heretical.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
The bible says that God the Father created everything through God the Son
, and includes Satan:

1 Corinthains 8:6

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist
Seeking clarification of your believes: the Father in Heaven, is He your Father, or your Grandfather? Scripture states thoroughly that He is your Father, but it seems here you seem to believe that He's your grandpa.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
May I ask, what is modalism? I too have used the H2O comparison in an attempt to explain/ defend the Trinity. In no way was I intending to be heretical.
Modalism is a non-trinitarian idea that the Father/Son/Spirit are all one person who takes on different forms or roles at different times. The water/ice/vapor analogy frequently goes in that direction.

The Trinitarian doctrine is that the Father, Son, and Spirit are three different persons (made one through a shared substance): Christ is to not the Father, He does not pray to Himself, He does not ascend to Himself, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seeking clarification of your believes: the Father in Heaven, is He your Father, or your Grandfather? Scripture states thoroughly that He is your Father, but it seems here you seem to believe that He's your grandpa.

What I believe is that God the Father created everything through Jesus Christ, according to the scripture. That doesn't make God the Father my grandfather. This may be a poor analogy but you could look at like this: God the Father is the painter and Jesus Christ is the brush. God the Father used Jesus Christ to create everything, including Satan, therefore how are Jesus and Satan brothers?

Upvote 0

Reformed2

Site Supporter
May 4, 2017
Delete
✟69,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Modalism is a non-trinitarian idea that the Father/Son/Spirit are all one person who takes on different forms or roles at different times. The water/ice/vapor analogy frequently goes in that direction.

The Trinitarian doctrine is that the Father, Son, and Spirit are three different persons (made one through a shared substance): Christ is to not the Father, He does not pray to Himself, He does not ascend to Himself, etc.
Oh, I've always thought of it as pro Trinity. Three different persons but one in the same. Guess this is what happens when we try to explain the mysteries of God. Thanks for the explanation. ☺

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Oh, I've always thought of it as pro Trinity. Three different persons but one in the same. Guess this is what happens when we try to explain the mysteries of God. Thanks for the explanation. ☺
Happy to help. Cool profile picture, by the way.

• Friendly
Reactions: Reformed2
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I had a really good link at one time, but it no longer works. I'll keep looking. In the meantime:

As with Jehovah's Witnesses, Oneness Pentecostals reject the historic biblical doctrine of the Trinity. They teach that Jesus IS the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (no distinction of Persons). In Oneness theology God exists as a unipersonal monad, that temporarily manifested as the "modes," "roles," or "offices" of the "Father," the "Son," or the "Holy Spirit" at different times. The unipersonal deity of Oneness theology lives in absolute solitude. Hence they deny that God has revealed Himself in three distinct coequal, coeternal, and coexistent Persons. In the end, their theology is decidedly unitarian, which denies the Person Jesus Christ as revealed in Scripture.

All non-Christians cults have one definitive commonality: they deny that Jesus Christ is eternal God. By asserting that God is unipersonal (one Person) Oneness leaders teach that Jesus Christ (as the Person of the Son) did not exist before Bethlehem. As with Jehovah's Witnesses, Oneness theology teaches that the Person of Jesus Christ (distinct from His Father) was created at a point in time. Hence, Jesus is reduced to a mere temporary "manifestation," "role," or "office" called the "Son." For example, read the Doctrinal Statement of Oneness advocate T .D. Jakes (pastor of the Potter's House church, Dallas, TX) describing God as "existing in three manifestations."
Oneness Index
TRINITARIANISM OR ONENESS-UNITAR

Oneness Theology

• Informative
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Modalism first surfaced in the third century in the writings of Sabellius and Paul of Samosata. This heretical view denies there are three distinct persons in God, claiming instead there is only one being who manifests himself in three different modes. Modern Oneness Pentacostals garner support for their modalistic view by interpreting Matthew 28:19 in conjunction with Acts 2:38. In Matthew 28:19 Jesus instructed the disciples, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit”(emphasis added). In Acts 2:38, however, Peter instructed his listeners: “Be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ” (emphasis added). Oneness Pentecostals conclude that Jesus Himself must be the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, because they claim that “Jesus” is the “one name that refers to three titles of one God.” They then assert that the apostles correctly fulfilled Christ’s command to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19) by baptizing converts in the name of Jesus only (Acts 2:38; 8:16; 10:48); hence, a Trinitarian baptism is invalid. The phrase “in the name of Jesus” must be pronounced over the person being baptized.
- Ron Rhodes, Is Jesus the Father and the Holy Spirit? A Case Study in Oneness Pentecostal Hermeneutics, Christian Research Journal, Vol. 31/ No. 02/2008, p. 50

This was available online, but the link doesn't work (I hope I can find a new link to this article):
Jesus Christ eternally existed with the Father.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with [pros] God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

“Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, [para seautōo] with the glory which I had [eichon] with You [para soi] before the world was” (emphasis added). John 17:5

Christ was sent by the Father.

John 3
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 6
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

John 6
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

John 6
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6
46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

John 6
50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 6
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

John 8
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 8
38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

John 8
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
John 8
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 16
28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Galatians 4
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reformed2

Site Supporter
May 4, 2017
Delete
✟69,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0