• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Master, calls us to unity.

Discussion in 'Exposition & Bible Study' started by stuart allen, Jul 12, 2019.

1. stuart allen

stuart allen New Member

+21
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Celibate
    1 John 4:1-2

It is not every spirit, my dear people, that you can trust; test them, to see if they come from God, there are many false prophets, now, in the world.
    You can tell the spirits that come from God by this: every spirit which acknowledges that Jesus the Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

this is the Word of The Lord.

brothers and sisters in Christ...

in the Revelations given by Our Lord Jesus Christ to a Greek Orthodox Christian, Vassula Ryden, He makes a point of saying "when I came in the flesh"

this is on page 1 of the printed volume 'True Life in God' (the title Jesus Himself gave to the Revelations). He repeats that statement at other points throughout the work.

Thus these Revelations are BIBLICALLY PROVEN TO BE FROM GOD.

DO NOT SLANDER THESE REVELATIONS...THE HOLY SPIRIT SPEAKS THEREIN, IN PERSON.

(the fact that Vassula's Guardian Angel revealed himself to her at the beginning of the work, and that her handwriting changes and is gently guided as she slowly copies down the Revelations may have caused some people to 'panic'...some have even slandered her. DO NOT DO SO, I BEG YOU).

Why am i posting this in Bible Study?

Because the volume 'True Life in God' contains The Word of God...THE HOLY BIBLE SAYS SO!

and if Jesus is speaking...since when do we not listen??

brothers and sisters in Christ, His central call in these wonderful Revelations is for Christian unity

Catholic/Orthodox/Protestant...we are all called to 'bend'...He likens us to unyielding iron bars...and to unite.

if we call Him Lord...why do we not do what He tells us to??

these Revelations are also a model of clarity (as one would expect) of Bible based Christian doctrine and understanding

i humbly cry to all...IF YOU TRULY WANT TO OBEY OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST...READ HIS LOVE HYMN GIVEN TO US IN 'TRUE LIFE IN GOD'

love to one and all

Pax Christi

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Lucian Hodoboc

Lucian Hodoboc Active Member

+368
    Romania
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Where can I find it?

3. Hammster

Hammster Every knee shall bow. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+14,951
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    How are they biblically proven?

4. MayYouBeBlessed

MayYouBeBlessed Member

+31
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Orthodox and Catholics beleive not in the gospel of grace, but in salvation by works. No unity with them! You can't mix light with darkness...

5. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+2,356
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    No they believe that works are necessary for salvation not that we are saved by our works. There’s a big difference friend. Please consider John 15:1-10 where Jesus is addressing His 11 faithful apostles and consider the implications of this message.

“"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.”
    ‭‭JOHN‬ ‭15:1-10‬ ‭NASB‬‬

6. MayYouBeBlessed

MayYouBeBlessed Member

+31
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    They oppose salvation by faith and teach self-righteousness.

7. Radagast

Radagast has left CF

+6,984
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    Well, no. Maybe you should listen to the former Pope:

Many Bishops, priests, religious and lay people have sought an authoritative judgement from this Congregation on the activity of Mrs Vassula Ryden, a Greek Orthodox residing in Switzerland, who in speech and in writing is spreading in Catholic circles throughout the world messages attributed to alleged heavenly revelations.

A calm, attentive examination of the entire question, undertaken by this Congregation in order to "test the spirits to see whether they are of God" (cf. 1 Jn 4:1), has brought out – in addition to positive aspects – a number of basic elements that must be considered negative in the light of Catholic doctrine.

In addition to pointing out the suspect nature of the ways in which these alleged revelations have occurred, it is necessary to underscore several doctrinal errors they contain.

Among other things, ambiguous language is used in speaking of the Persons of the Holy Trinity, to the point of confusing the specific names and functions of the Divine Persons. These alleged revelations predict an imminent period when the Antichrist will prevail in the Church. In millenarian style, it is prophesied that God is going to make a final, glorious intervention which will initiate on earth, even before Christ's definitive coming, ah era of peace and universal prosperity. Furthermore, the proximate arrival is foretold of a Church which would be a kind of pan-Christian community, contrary to Catholic doctrine.

The fact that the aforementioned errors no longer appear in Ryden's later writings is a sign that the alleged "heavenly messages" are merely the result of private meditations.

Moreover, by habitually sharing in the sacraments of the Catholic Church, even though she is Greek Orthodox, Mrs Ryden is causing considerable surprise in various circles of the Catholic Church. She appears to be putting herself above all ecclesiastical jurisdiction and every canonical norm, and in effect, is creating an ecumenical disorder that irritates many authorities, ministers and faithful of her own Church, as she puts herself outside the ecclesiastical discipline of the latter.

Given the negative effect of Vassula Ryden's activities, despite some positive aspects, this Congregation requests the intervention of the Bishops so that their faithful may be suitably informed and that no opportunity may be provided in their Dioceses for the dissemination of her ideas. Lastly, the Congregation invites all the faithful not to regard Mrs Vassula Ryden's writings and speeches as supernatural and to preserve the purity of the faith that the Lord has entrusted to the Church.

Joseph Card. Ratzinger (later Pope Benedict XVI), Vatican City, 6 October 1995.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+2,356
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Can you please show evidence to support your claim?

9. stuart allen

stuart allen New Member

+21
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Celibate
    hello everyone...

these HOLY revelations are available at www.tlig.org, or the printed version is normally available via Amazon

i beg and repeat...DO NOT SLANDER THESE HOLY REVELATIONS

they are Biblically proven (by which i mean proven to be 'from the Good Guys') by 1 John 4:1-2 and the following statement by Jesus Christ given on Sept 27 1986 and reprinted on page 1 of the published version...

"peace be with you; Vassula come to me, I am your Redeemer, your Peace; I LIVED ON EARTH AMONG YOU, IN FLESH (my emphasis); I am God's Begotten Son; come to Me and lean your head on Me; I am your Consoler; when you feel miserable remember, I am near you; recite with Me this prayer: help me Father and lead me to Your pastures of repose, where everlasting pure water flows, be my Light to show me the Way; with You by your side will I walk; with You illuminating me will I talk; Father, Beloved, remain within me to have Peace, to feel Your Love; I will follow You in Your footsteps; with You I will remain; enlighten me, love me, be with me here and forever after; amen;

that statement..."I lived on Earth among you in flesh"...PROVES these messages are from 'The Good Guys' (The Holy Bible says so...1 John 4:1-2)...in this instance from Our Lord Jesus Christ Himself

also 'by their fruits shall you know them'...that prayer is just one among many such beautiful prayers

concerning (then) Cardinal Ratzinger/Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith 1995 Notification...

that wasn't the end of the story

in 2000 Vassula Ryden requested that her writings be re-submitted for further examination by the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith and that she be granted the opportunity of answering the reservations expressed

Cardinal Ratzinger/CDF granted her request and in 2002 the Congregation put five specific questions to her in writing and then considered her reply

Cardinal Ratzinger requested she publish both questions and replies

these are contained in Appendix B of the published volume (and presumably are available on the website too)

quite frankly...it's mostly nit-picky theology/ecclesial authority orientated stuff

in 2004 the CDF and Cardinal Ratzinger decided (in writing) to leave the matter with local Bishops

in 2005 her writings were granted both Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur...ie officially declared to be ok

in TLIG Jesus has given us His Love Hymn

He has also called attention to some of the 'problems' confronting The Holy Catholic Church today

unable to destroy it from without, the foe have instead attacked Holy Mother Church from within

both Communists and Freemasons have infiltrated our ranks under the guise of clergy, seeking actively to defame us

we do not know how many, Jesus doesn't say, but they are among us, even in high places (and no, i don't mean Pope Francis)

my own experience of Catholic clergy is wonderful...i have encountered only true soldiers of Christ Jesus

but we are on our guard

and for those brothers and sisters who would rush to 'bash' us consider this...

check out the official position of The Holy Lutheran Church of Sweden on 'LGBT issues'...last time i looked it came straight from the pit of hell

concerning works...

i am Catholic

i am saved by Grace through Faith

there is no other way

The Lord Jesus Christ is my personal Saviour

i also take note of the following Bible verses

1 John 3:17-19...

"If a man who was rich enough in this world's goods saw that one of his brothers was in need, but closed his heart to him, how could the love of God be living in him? My children, our love is not to be just words or mere talk, but something real and active; only by this can we be certain that we are children of the truth and be able to quieten our conscience in His Presence"

(and are we not commanded to love one another?)

James 2:14-17...

"Take the case , my brothers, of someone who has never done a single good act but claims that he has faith. Will that faith save him? If one of the brothers or one of the sisters is in need of clothes and has not enough food to live on, and one of you says to them, 'I wish you well; keep yourself warm and eat plenty', without giving them these bare necessities of life, then what good is that? FAITH IS LIKE THAT; IF GOOD WORKS DO NOT GO WITH IT, IT IS QUITE DEAD" (my emphasis...but God's Words, not my words)

(and did not Jesus say that when we do some kind act we have done that to Him?)

so it would seem that good works are not an 'optional extra'...they are a mandatory requirement, accomplished always and only by the power of God's Grace

and who among us doesn't already do them??

'good works' can be as simple as a heart warming smile or as magnificent as 'Hands of Hope'

and so...in obedience to the Word of God...i do them, by Grace, with a glad heart, for my Savior Jesus Christ

and also in obedience...when He speaks, i listen

and He has spoken in 'True Life in God'

with humility...the question beloved brothers and sisters in Christ is this...will you obey Him too?

unity is not uniformity

it is a unity of love...a spiritual unity

the same Holy Spirit lives in us all

Our Lord is grieved by our bickering

Our Lord is grieved by our division

HIS call (not merely that of this poor servant) is for UNITY

love to one and all

Pax Christi

10. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+5,007
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    That's not exactly darkness. Have you seen darkness?

11. Radagast

Radagast has left CF

+6,984
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    These so-called revelations have been condemned by the Catholic Church (the fact that they have received a nihil obstat from a bishop in India, and an imprimatur from a bishop in the Philippines notwithstanding). See the quote I posted before. The Vatican has confirmed that the earlier condemnation remains in force (see here).

They have also been condemned by the Orthodox Church, of which Vassula Ryden is a member (see here):

The Orthodox Church, following strictly the shining example and teaching of the Holy Apostles, the teaching of the Fathers of the Church who have their succession, and the divinely-inspired decisions of the Ecumenical Synods, safeguards as a pearl of great price the faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church which the Christian plenitude experiences through their participation in the Sacraments and entire spiritual life of the divinely-founded ecclesiastical body.

Hence, whatever movement and improvised tension, personal or collective, in contempt or in breach of the dogmas of the Orthodox Christian faith and life in Christ within the Church as the only path for the salvation of our souls, all the more the self-proclaimed "supposedly charismatic" personality, is rejected always as an unacceptable innovation.

In this spirit, and for the beneficial protection of our pious Orthodox plenitude from dangerous spiritual confusion, who do not know well matters underlying the risk of delusion, we denounce from the Mother Church Vasiliki Paraskevis Pentaki - Ryden, widely known as "Vassula", and her organization founded under the title "True Life In God" which rashly and frivolously proposes teachings based on the supposed "direct dialogue between her and the Founder of the Church Jesus Christ our Lord", and those conquered by her and the supporters of "True Life In God", which deviate arbitrarily from the God-given teaching of the Church, but also scandalize the Orthodox phronema of pious believers.

Hence, we call upon the proponents of these unacceptable innovations and the supporters who maintain them, who henceforth are not admitted to ecclesiastical communion, not only to not be involved in the pastoral work of the local Holy Metropolis, but also to not preach their novel teachings, to prevent the appropriate sanctions under the Holy Canons.

We express, lastly, the profound sorrow of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of the acts of some - fortunately few - clergy of the Orthodox Church to be found at talks of the said "Vassula" and give to her a "certificate of Orthodoxy."

At the Patriarchate, the 16th of March 2011
    Of the Chief Secretariat of the Holy and Sacred Synod

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019 at 2:38 AM
  12. stuart allen

stuart allen New Member

+21
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Celibate
    i must freely and openly admit i was not aware of either the 2007 letter from CDF or the 2011 letter from The Holy Orthodox Church authorities

i must wonder this too though...

to what extent are vested interests in play in both cases?

Jesus call...and it is UNDENIABLY Him (1 John 4:1-2 PROVES this)...is for unity

unity for such as myself (a 'rank and file' Christian soldier) is not costly

quite the opposite, it is beneficial and enriching

it is about love

might it not be the case that for some whose primary motivation in 'church' has become 'career' such unity could appear threatening?

disunity is about lack of love

Jesus commanded us to love one another

a refusal to unite is a refusal to love

i would suggest this; in fact i would strongly urge it...

READ THE MESSAGES FOR YOURSELVES BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN MINDS

BUT I BEG OF YOU, NEVER, EVER SLANDER THEM

(non-Catholics in particular will find much that is challenging in these messages...always remember 1 John 4:1-2 PROVES these messages are from Heaven)

remember too, it was the 'church hierarchy' who denounced Our Lord Jesus Christ Himself when He spoke to them in Person some 2000 years ago

it would seem that today they are making exactly the same mistake

may God bless you, each and every one

Pax Christi

13. Hammster

+14,951
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    So you will unite with those who hold to Reformed Theology? How will that look?

14. stuart allen

stuart allen New Member

+21
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Celibate
    Ps there is nothing 'novel' in the messages...they are a sound and thorough re-statement of Christian Doctrine as established in The Deposit of Faith wrapped in the Language of Love of Our Lord Jesus Christ

love to all

15. Hammster

+14,951
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    So there’s no need to read.

Thanks.

16. stuart allen

stuart allen New Member

+21
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Celibate
    theologians forgive me...

theology has it's place but it seems it is so often part of the problem and not part of the solution

i'm no theologian

i would rather know Christ than know theology

i do not even know what 'reformed theology' is

and, to be honest, i don't think i really care : )

when we stand before Jesus Our King He will not quiz us on our theology...He will ask us if we have loved

i would unite, shoulder to shoulder, hand in hand, with all my brothers and sisters who love Our Lord Jesus Christ...in love, with love, for love

Catholic/Orthodox/Protestant...i don't care, i love each and every one

are we not commanded to do so?

for myself, it is that simple

again for myself...

it is only the belief for Our Lord Jesus Christ True Presence in The Blessed Sacrament and the proper respect and admiration (veneration) of Our Blessed Mother Mary upon which i will never yield

but if a brother or sister chooses (mistakenly in my view) not to believe those things that will not stop me loving them and uniting with them (for 'prayer and praise' meetings only...but that's all it takes)

indeed i am privileged and enriched to already do so

much love to all

Pax Christi

17. stuart allen

stuart allen New Member

+21
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Celibate
    when Jesus speaks...since when do we not listen??

18. Hammster

+14,951
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    How do you know who Christ is without studying who Christ is?

19. Hammster

+14,951
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    If it’s outside of Scripture? ALWAYS!!!

20. stuart allen

stuart allen New Member

+21
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Celibate
    i know Christ by His Love in my heart

and His Mercy and Providence in my life

and Holy Scripture ITSELF proves that Jesus is speaking

is Our God silent??

does He not speak His Words to us today in our congregations through our brothers and sisters so gifted?