Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
If anyone finds God's Word to be damning, than that person needs to think about their life. Myself included.

If I made you feel that I was condemning you, I am sorry, that was not my intention.

It looks to me like you are still not owning what you did.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oh, it is because I'm the one you were using scripture as a threat.
Scripture cannot be used by me as a thread because I have no authority over scripture. Scripture does warn against certain things, if that speaks to your heart, than that is personal to you.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Scripture cannot be used by me as a thread because I have no authority over scripture. Scripture does warn against certain things, if that speaks to your heart, than that is personal to you.

You're still in denial. That verse did not appear on this thread by itself. You put it there, along with your own comment that God would not take kindly to what I was doing. Christians do this all the time here and it is disgusting.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You're still in denial. That verse did not appear on this thread by itself. You put it there, along with your own comment that God would not take kindly to what I was doing. Christians do this all the time here and it is disgusting.
Well, let''s not talk anymore then. I'll just converse with the other participants.

You have a great week.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, let''s not talk anymore then. I'll just converse with the other participants.

You have a great week.
Truth comes from many sources. Although many truths come from the bible it is not the source of all the truth. Truth comes from God and not all truth is recorded in it.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Well, let''s not talk anymore then.

Or maybe I'll just throw some scripture back at you:
“If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:8–9).

Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon

TBL, you addressing the Bible passage at Smaneck implies a couple of things--

1) You think that she's a deceiver, trying to lure people away from God
2) You think God's coming to come and smite her-- and you saying so is a threat. It doesn't matter that it's not "and TBL will smite someone"
3) You think that God's sacred word is something to be downgraded so much to be used a baseball bat in a petty forum dispute.

Do you understand this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
TBL, you addressing the Bible passage at Smaneck implies a couple of things--

1) You think that she's a deceiver, trying to lure people away from God
2) You think God's coming to come and smite her-- and you saying so is a threat. It doesn't matter that it's not "and TBL will smite someone"
3) You think that God's sacred word is something to be downgraded so much to be used a baseball bat in a petty forum dispute.

Do you understand this?
I already explained myself and why I wrote what I wrote. You can make up scenarios, but that does not make them true.

I will leave though as it seems that I am going to be the topic for a while.

Toodles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.