Birmingham
✟21,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“Behold, I send My Messenger before thy face, Who shall prepare thy way before thee.”

Mal. 3:1 from the Hebrew:

“Behold, I send My Messenger, And he shall make ready a way before Me.”

Greek Old Testament (LXX):

Exodus 23:10

“And behold I send My Messenger before thy face, That He may guard thee in thy way.”

The first line of the quotation in Matthew is found verbatim in Exodus 23:20, in the Greek version of the Old Testament, which was completed over 100 years before the Birth of Jesus Christ, and from older Hebrew manuscripts that are used for the Masoretic Text, which dates from about the 5th to 10th centuries A.D. The Messenger in Exodus is none other than Who is known as “The Messenger (or, Angel) of the Lord”, Who is Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, in His preincarnational Appearances in the Old Testament. There are numerious passages in the Old Testament, that clearly identify “The Angel of The Lord”, as Yahweh Himself. As is very clear from the account in Exodus chapter 3, with Moses and the burning bush.

In verse 2 we read, “And The Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush”. In verse 4 it says, “When the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.”.

It is clear that the Person Who appeard in this bush, was The Angel of The Lord. We then read that Yahweh saw that Moses turned to see the burning bush. It then goes on to say that Elohim called to Moses out of the bush, and Moses responds to Him. There is no evidence in this passage that even suggests that there was more than one Person in the bush. God the Father and God the Holy Spirit, are never in Scripture identified as The Angel of The Lord, Who here in Exodus 3, is also identified as Yahweh and Elohim! The words in Exodus 3:14, “I am Who I am”, were spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ, Who is the ONLY Person of the Godhead, in this account with Moses! In verse 15 The Angel of The Lord, tells Moses, ““Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The Lord (YAHWEH), the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.”. Who can doubt that Jesus Christ, is the Eternal, Uncreadted Almighty God, Who is YAHWEH?

We shall see from Jesus' own words in Matthew 11:10 (also, Mark 1:1-3; Luke 7:27), that He makes a direct and unambiguous claim for Himself to be the Yahweh of the Old Testament. It must be noted, that this claim does not in any way deny that The Father and Holy Spirit are also Yahweh.

In the original words found in Malachi 3:1, where the Speaker is Yahweh. The Greek of Matthew 11:10 ( Mark 1:1-3; Luke 7:27), the words are neither from the Hebrew or Greek (LXX) of the passage in Malachi. Instead, The Lord Jesus Christ, on His own Authority, has changed the words, so that they refer directly to Himself, what is in Malachi, of Yahweh. Jesus has changed the first person, “before Me (μου)”, to the second person, “before thee (σου)”. In the passage in Malachi, Yahweh speaks of the “messenger”, who is John the Baptist, as His forerunner, “going before Him”. Jesus, by changing the pronoun, approprates what Yahweh Speaks in Malachi, to Himself, and makes John the Baptist as His own “messenger”, who went before Him! In the passage in Malachi, we also have the Coming of the “the Messenger (Angel) of the Covenant”, Who is “the Lord ('âdôn) Whom you seek”, before Whom John the Baptist went to “prepare the Way”!

Matthew 3:3, and the other Gospels, also teaches that John the Baptist was the Forerunner of Yahweh, as in Jesus Christ, “God manifested in the flesh” (1 Timothy 3:16. Pauls words)

“For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare you the Way of the Lord, make His paths straight.”

In the original verse in Isaiah 40:3, it reads, “The voice of him that cries in the wilderness, Prepare you the Way of the LORD (Yahweh), make straight in the desert a highway for our God”

By using this passage in Isaiah for the Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, in the Gospels, is beyond any doubt, one of the strongest evidences in Scripture, for the absolute Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ! Only those who doubt the Word of God, will doubt this about Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Isaiah 41:4. Who has performed and done, calling the generations from the beginning?
I, the Lord, am the first; and with the last I Am He.

Isaiah 44:6. Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
I am the First and I am the Last; besides Me there is no God.

Revelation 22:13. I am the Alpha and the Omega, Beginning and End,
the First and the Last.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the Lord in Joel, Isaiah and Jeremiah

Joel 2:27-32
32 "And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the LORD
Will be delivered;

For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
There will be those who escape,
As the LORD has said,
Even among the survivors whom the LORD calls.

Paul quotes Joel below and says it is Jesus who is the Lord(YHWH) whom all will call upon

Romans 10:9-13
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of C all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Isaiah 45:21-24
Is it not I, the LORD?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A righteous God and a Savior;
There is none except Me.
22 " Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24 "They will say of Me, 'Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength.'

Now Paul quotes Isaiah about YHWH and declares it is Jesus(YHWH) whom all will bow before,

Philippians 2:9-11
For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jeremiah 17:10 the Lord says
"I the LORD search the heart, I test the mind. Even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings"

In Revelation 2:23 Jesus says
"I am He who searches the minds and hearts and I will give to each one of you according to your works"

So if Jesus is not God why would he claim to do something in Revelation that Yahweh claimed in Jeremiah?

So is it Yahweh or Jesus who searches hearts and minds?

The only name that can possibly be above all names is the name of YHWH. This means that Jesus shares the personal name and authority of YHWH, making Him God Himself as no one can be equal to God except God alone.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0