Oct 2, 2020
✟607,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one can be worthy of salvation. Someone ten times more admirable than Mother Teresa wouldn't be worthy of salvation. The only thing that makes one worthy of salvation is belief and faith in Jesus. Some people like to derogatorily call this easy grace, and yet millions refuse it. They refuse it because their soul knows there's more involved than just raising your hand and or saying a little prayer.

Some people seem to fear God is getting hoodwinked in some way. That since this person prayed the little prayer He's obligated to save them no matter what they do. "They think they can go on sinning and also be saved!" It's like they're afraid that's actually going to happen as if God isn't the only ultimate authority in who is saved or not.

Or they have all kinds of angst over the idea of sinners thinking they'll go to heaven. Probably most people who don't believe in Jesus think they're going to heaven. Does it really make much difference between someone who thinks they're going to heaven because they said a little prayer and someone who thinks they'll go to heaven because they're a good person?

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He did in these

Galatians 1
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Romans 16:25
Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

and many other passages.
Gal. 1:11-12 has to be read in the context of Paul’s letter:

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Paul is saying: “There is really no other gospel” so, “There could not be a God given true Righteous Gospel Given earlier that righteous men preached, since any other gospel preached, would have the preacher cursed. If Peter was preached a different Gospel at any time, Peter should be cursed, so Peter had to preach the same gospel!

There is only one Gospel, all other gospels at any time were not gospels according to Paul Gal. 1:7.

R0. 16: 25 Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from[f] faith—

Paul has repeatedly said there is only one gospel and that is what all true believers preach including Paul. By saying “My Gospel” Paul is not saying there is any other gospel, yet there are false Gospels running around, but like Paul says they are not real gospels.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,764.00
Faith
Christian
Actually I think people should be baptised as it could be essential and we do not know if it is not required and there is no reason why one should not be baptized so there could be no excuse so one should be baptized and leave judgement of others up to Jesus
One should also have communion as it is a command and so we do not know if one should not be seeking to have it as he is prepared or if it is needed for sanctification but it may be only baptism is required

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul has repeatedly said there is only one gospel and that is what all true believers preach including Paul.

Do you understand what Galatians 2:7-9 is saying in the KJV?

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Also in Acts 21:18-25, the exchange between Paul, and James with the elders, would make no sense if your doctrine is true

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you understand what Galatians 2:7-9 is saying in the KJV?

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

(NIV) Gal. 2:7 On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised. 8 For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. 9 James, Cephas[c] and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised.

In the Greek the words for “Good News” is used only once in this verse, so Peter is preaching the same “Good News” message to the Jews and Paul preached to the gentiles.

Also in Acts 21:18-25, the exchange between Paul, and James with the elders, would make no sense if your doctrine is true
Acts 21: 18 The next day Paul and the rest of us went to see James, and all the elders were present. 19 Paul greeted them and reported in detail what God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.

20 When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. 22 What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23 so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law. 25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.”

James does not say: “According to our Gospel”, but says “according to our customs”. There is nothing wrong with obeying the customs of the nation you are in as long as it is not contrary to God’s law and you are not forcing others to obey some custom.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What did Jesus Christ, the Highest Authority on all that the Holy Bible Teaches, mean when He says at the start of His earthly Ministry,

“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:15)

Matthew records Jesus as saying,

“From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (4:17)

In Luke’s Gospel, chapter 13, verses 1-5, again Jesus says;

“There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

There are some, especially from the “reformed” Christians, who reject what the Lord Jesus Christ here very clearly Teaches, that true Biblical “repentance” is not merely changing ones mind on what they though about the God of the Holy Bible, or Jesus Christ; but, that “repentance from sins” is also included. Which is a deep sorrow for sins committed against the God of the Bible, and a willingness to change and turn around and live a life that is worthy of salvation. This was the message preached in the New Testament, By John the Baptist, “And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins” (Luke 3:3), and which Jesus Christ continued to Preach. There is no evidence in the New Testament, that what Jesus Christ Preached on repentance, was any different to what John the Baptist said.

In the Gospel of Matthew 11:20-24, (and other Gospels), Jesus says to those who refused to “repent”, after He had Preached the Gospel:

“Then He began to denounce the cities where most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent. “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You will be brought down to Hades. For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I tell you that it will be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom than for you.”

The phrase “sackcloth and ashes” signifies extreme sorrow for sins, as we read in Jonah 3:6-9

“The word reached the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, removed his robe, covered himself with sackcloth, and sat in ashes. And he issued a proclamation and published through Nineveh, “By the decree of the king and his nobles: Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything. Let them not feed or drink water, but let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and let them call out mightily to God. Let everyone turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands. Who knows? God may turn and relent and turn from his fierce anger, so that we may not perish.”

And in verse 10 we read, “When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God relented of the disaster that he had said he would do to them, and he did not do it.”

The same of the tax collector in Luke 18:13, “But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’”

Yet there are some who actually mock what the Bible Teaches on “Repentance for the forgiveness of sins”, as though it is a strange Teaching and somehow a “work” that is to “merit” our salvation! Such is the deception of the devil, whereby he has caused some of “the elect” to be fooled that what the Word of God actually Teaches, is not true!

Again the Teachings of Jesus Christ, at the close of His earthly Ministry, when He Commissioned His Disciples to go into all the world, “and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in His Name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. (Luke 24:47)

This was followed by the Disciples, like the Apostle Peter in his first “sermon”, where we read in Acts 2:37-38:

“Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit”

When those who were convicted (cut to the heart) by God the Holy Spirit through the preaching of the Gospel by Peter, they said to them “what shall we DO”. Peter did not say to them, “you have to do nothing, simply believe”. No! He clearly tells them to REPENT FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF YOUR SINS. Which is what John the Baptist taught, and Jesus Christ.

Sinners are asking this same question “what shall we DO”, and all Christians have a duty to tell them exactly what Jesus Christ, God Incarnate Commanded that we tell them: REPENT FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF YOUR SINS, and “BELIEVE IN THE GOSPEL”. This is the ONLY Message for the salvation of lost sinners, to reduce this to no repentance and only faith, is to preach half the Gospel Message, and “another gospel”, which really cannot save any lost souls!

Sadly, there are those who are more concerned about their warped “theology”, who will nonetheless still reject the Teachings of the Holy Bible, and try to argue against what Jesus Christ and the Bible actually says! No human being can ever get into heaven without “repenting and believing in the Gospel”.

Praise the Lord for His Words.

They are the true seed, and we cannot guess when and how they will work, later in time, when we don't even know: Mark 4 NIV (entire chapter)

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What did Jesus Christ, the Highest Authority on all that the Holy Bible Teaches, mean when He says at the start of His earthly Ministry,

“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:15)

Matthew records Jesus as saying,

“From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (4:17)

In Luke’s Gospel, chapter 13, verses 1-5, again Jesus says;

“There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

There are some, especially from the “reformed” Christians, who reject what the Lord Jesus Christ here very clearly Teaches, that true Biblical “repentance” is not merely changing ones mind on what they though about the God of the Holy Bible, or Jesus Christ; but, that “repentance from sins” is also included. Which is a deep sorrow for sins committed against the God of the Bible, and a willingness to change and turn around and live a life that is worthy of salvation. This was the message preached in the New Testament, By John the Baptist, “And he went into all the region around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins” (Luke 3:3), and which Jesus Christ continued to Preach. There is no evidence in the New Testament, that what Jesus Christ Preached on repentance, was any different to what John the Baptist said.

In the Gospel of Matthew 11:20-24, (and other Gospels), Jesus says to those who refused to “repent”, after He had Preached the Gospel:

“Then He began to denounce the cities where most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent. “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You will be brought down to Hades. For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I tell you that it will be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom than for you.”

The phrase “sackcloth and ashes” signifies extreme sorrow for sins, as we read in Jonah 3:6-9

“The word reached the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, removed his robe, covered himself with sackcloth, and sat in ashes. And he issued a proclamation and published through Nineveh, “By the decree of the king and his nobles: Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything. Let them not feed or drink water, but let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and let them call out mightily to God. Let everyone turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands. Who knows? God may turn and relent and turn from his fierce anger, so that we may not perish.”

And in verse 10 we read, “When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God relented of the disaster that he had said he would do to them, and he did not do it.”

The same of the tax collector in Luke 18:13, “But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’”

Yet there are some who actually mock what the Bible Teaches on “Repentance for the forgiveness of sins”, as though it is a strange Teaching and somehow a “work” that is to “merit” our salvation! Such is the deception of the devil, whereby he has caused some of “the elect” to be fooled that what the Word of God actually Teaches, is not true!

Again the Teachings of Jesus Christ, at the close of His earthly Ministry, when He Commissioned His Disciples to go into all the world, “and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in His Name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. (Luke 24:47)

This was followed by the Disciples, like the Apostle Peter in his first “sermon”, where we read in Acts 2:37-38:

“Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit”

When those who were convicted (cut to the heart) by God the Holy Spirit through the preaching of the Gospel by Peter, they said to them “what shall we DO”. Peter did not say to them, “you have to do nothing, simply believe”. No! He clearly tells them to REPENT FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF YOUR SINS. Which is what John the Baptist taught, and Jesus Christ.

Sinners are asking this same question “what shall we DO”, and all Christians have a duty to tell them exactly what Jesus Christ, God Incarnate Commanded that we tell them: REPENT FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF YOUR SINS, and “BELIEVE IN THE GOSPEL”. This is the ONLY Message for the salvation of lost sinners, to reduce this to no repentance and only faith, is to preach half the Gospel Message, and “another gospel”, which really cannot save any lost souls!

Sadly, there are those who are more concerned about their warped “theology”, who will nonetheless still reject the Teachings of the Holy Bible, and try to argue against what Jesus Christ and the Bible actually says! No human being can ever get into heaven without “repenting and believing in the Gospel”.
When Jesus and Peter called for people to repent for the forgiveness of sins, the Mosaic Law was how their audiences knew what sin is.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 21: 18 The next day Paul and the rest of us went to see James, and all the elders were present. 19 Paul greeted them and reported in detail what God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.

20 When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. 22 What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23 so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law. 25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.”

James does not say: “According to our Gospel”, but says “according to our customs”. There is nothing wrong with obeying the customs of the nation you are in as long as it is not contrary to God’s law and you are not forcing others to obey some custom.

So, based on what Acts 20:21 stated "telling them not to circumcise their children", do you think James believed in what Paul was preaching in Galatians 5:2?

Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Your point about customs is under the preposition "or" in vs 21, so you are applying the scope of that phrase wrongly.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, based on what Acts 20:21 stated "telling them not to circumcise their children", do you think James believed in what Paul was preaching in Galatians 5:2?

Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Your point about customs is under the preposition "or" in vs 21, so you are applying the scope of that phrase wrongly.
I am not saying there wasn't a transitional period in which the Gospel went out to the Jews first.
But what I am saying the Good News of Jesus Christ did not change, even though for a while the Jews were keeping the traditions of the Jews, that tradition itself was not part of the Gospel.
Not having to circumcise your children, not having to keep the Sabbath and not having to follow the food requirements would be especially good for the Gentile Christians, but doing those things was part of the Jewish tradition and culture. Those Jewish traditions will have to transition away, if the Jews during severe persecution are going to be moving in with the Gentiles.
Keeping these traditions was never part of the Christian Gospel, but were kept by the Jews for a while, but not the gentiles as we see with Peter going to Cornelius Cornelius' house.
In Acts 8 you have the non-Jews (Gentiles) of Samaria (Samaritans) being converted, they could not follow all the Jewish traditions so did they have a different Gospel also?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not saying there wasn't a transitional period in which the Gospel went out to the Jews first.
But what I am saying the Good News of Jesus Christ did not change, even though for a while the Jews were keeping the traditions of the Jews, that tradition itself was not part of the Gospel.
Not having to circumcise your children, not having to keep the Sabbath and not having to follow the food requirements would be especially good for the Gentile Christians, but doing those things was part of the Jewish tradition and culture. Those Jewish traditions will have to transition away, if the Jews during severe persecution are going to be moving in with the Gentiles.
Keeping these traditions was never part of the Christian Gospel, but were kept by the Jews for a while, but not the gentiles as we see with Peter going to Cornelius Cornelius' house.
In Acts 8 you have the non-Jews (Gentiles) of Samaria (Samaritans) being converted, they could not follow all the Jewish traditions so did they have a different Gospel also?

Circumcision was not just "a custom", it was part of the covenental requirements that God made with Abraham's descendants (Genesis 17)

Genesis 17:14 made it clear to Israel that no circumcision means any Jew would be cut off from the covenant that God made with them. So it matters to their salvation.

You now understand better why James and elders were upset when they might have heard news about Jews hearing what Paul spoke to gentiles in Galatians 5:2, and start to follow that for themselves?

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Circumcision was not just "a custom", it was part of the covenental requirements that God made with Abraham's descendants (Genesis 17)

Genesis 17:14 made it clear to Israel that no circumcision means any Jew would be cut off from the covenant that God made with them. So it matters to their salvation.

You now understand better why James and elders were upset when they might have heard news about Jews hearing what Paul spoke to gentiles in Galatians 5:2, and start to follow that for themselves?
Right and the Jews could certainly go on circumcising, but not believe it saved them and do it for that reason.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right and the Jews could certainly go on circumcising, but not believe it saved them and do it for that reason.

As I stated James was not thinking that.

As far as the Jewish believers are concerned, no one, not even the resurrected Christ, ever told them that genesis 17:14 no longer holds for them

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I stated James was not thinking that.

As far as the Jewish believers are concerned, no one, not even the resurrected Christ, ever told them that genesis 17:14 no longer holds for them
Christ would not have said that to Jews while He was on earth since Christianity had not started yet. Christ did tell the Samaritans worship has changed, so they did not have to follow the Law completely.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ would not have said that to Jews while He was on earth since Christianity had not started yet. Christ did tell the Samaritans worship has changed, so they did not have to follow the Law completely.

So you agree that, as far as James and the elders are concerned, Genesis 17:14 continue to hold for Jews?

That means circumcision is not just a custom for Jews. It matters to their salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,764.00
Faith
Christian
It could be the meaning of being born of water means when you believe in Jesus truly God gives you understanding of your former condition to make you repent of previous sins but you still need to have a relationship with the Holy Spirit which makes one not only believe but to continue in the spiritual path to do the will of God or that you need not only to do the will of God by obeying the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is the one which leads you to believe in jesus to continue to talk to Him to know how bad one sins are to change your attitude to the sin which is what is meant by born of water but you need the Spirit of God to help you to walk in His ways to fulfill His will so you have to ask for the Spirit to come to help you to obey. But I believe one also needs to be baptized to actually take away those sins to be saved upon death as jesus said he who believes and is baptized will be saved and peter says be baptised for remission of sins and there is also an antitype that also saves us baptism though it could mean the new birth and that baptism is a means of having new birth in that moment for help but you can be baptized in the Holy Spirit later if you ask and is all that is necessary to ever be saved and may be what peter meant though he may also mean it is necessary to actually be baptized to be saved upon death and may be what Jesus means by he who believes and is baptized will be saved to be saved upon death though I think jesus still accepts others if they are not baptized but not upon death as He says but only he who believes not is condemned

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you agree that, as far as James and the elders are concerned, Genesis 17:14 continue to hold for Jews?

That means circumcision is not just a custom for Jews. It matters to their salvation.
God has always saved and it is God judging the hearts of people and not anything they did.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has always saved and it is God judging the hearts of people and not anything they did.

Genesis 17:14 is pretty clear to a reader it was written to, what to do so as not to be cut off from the covenant.

But you are correct in that salvation always depends on the Lord for Israel. (1 Peter 4:18)

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟579,764.00
Faith
Christian
Born of water likely refers to the preparation to follow God by repentance symbolised by a baptism of repentance which you must understand you need to do to believe in Jesus not to repent but your mind is changed that you need to believe which God does and then you need to receive the Holy Spirit to actually walk in God

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the Gospel was at first to be preached to the Jews, who rejected it, then it was taken to the whole world, which is clear from Romans chapters 9-11. The Gospel Message has never changed, that sinners need to repent of their sins, and believe in the Salvation provided in Jesus Christ alone. NO "good works" are required, or water baptism.
Are you saying that repentance is an requirement men must do in order to get forgiven by God ? Yes or No

Upvote 0