bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God is not love, He is much more than love. He is hate as well, and many other attributes are ascribed to Him.

Love is not the opposite of hate, God doesn't oppose Himself.
You need to take this up with John, because John tells us “God is Love”. Where in scripture do you find “God is hate”? God does “hate” but that is by deity’s definition of hate and hate even in English is not the opposite of “Love”. God, like we are told to do, can hate individuals and Love them at the same time.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You need to take this up with John, because John tells us “God is Love”. Where in scripture do you find “God is hate”? God does “hate” but that is by deity’s definition of hate and hate even in English is not the opposite of “Love”. God, like we are told to do, can hate individuals and Love them at the same time.
There is nothing in the Bible, to suggest that God is unstable and bipolar. He either loves you or He hates you, fallen men do change and betray their loved ones in a moment but God never changes.

To suggest that God loves and hates one at the same time, is simply not true.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
We can't ignore all those scriptures which speak about God's hatred, just because we find one verse which says that "God is love". This is typically called cherry picking the scriptures to make them say only what we want them to.
Taking verses in isolation and building a doctrine on them, leads to false doctrine. We must view every verse in the context of the whole counsel of God, if we are to get the whole picture.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing in the Bible, to suggest that God is unstable and bipolar. He either loves you or He hates you, fallen men do change and betray their loved ones in a moment but God never changes.

To suggest that God loves and hates one at the same time, is simply not true.
You must Love and hate your family and yourself at the same time so does that make you "bipolar"?

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We can't ignore all those scriptures which speak about God's hatred, just because we find one verse which says that "God is love". This is typically called cherry picking the scriptures to make them say only what we want them to.
Taking verses in isolation and building a doctrine on them, leads to false doctrine. We must view every verse in the context of the whole counsel of God, if we are to get the whole picture.
What "all those scriptures" saying God hates people?
Again, hate is not the opposite of Love.
Jesus shows us who God really is, so who did Jesus say He hated?
You can hate a nation and Love the people inside?

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You must Love and hate your family and yourself at the same time so does that make you "bipolar"?
So, according to your theology we are to hate our family and love our enemies. You're welcome to hold to that, but my Bible tells me that such doctrine is false.
We can choose to believe in what we invent, or believe what God say's. I personally choose to believe everything that God has said, I would never add to or remove anything from His perfect Word.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
What "all those scriptures" saying God hates people?
Again, hate is not the opposite of Love.
Jesus shows us who God really is, so who did Jesus say He hated?
You can hate a nation and Love the people inside?
A nation is not made up of dirt, just as a Church is not made of bricks and mortar.
We know that Jesus has a deep hatred for billions people, you don't cast billions into a lake of fire to burn forever if you love them.
To suggest that Jesus cast's billions into hell because He loves them, is to suggest that Jesus is evil. It's like a father claiming to love his children, then betraying them and committing the worst evil imaginable against them.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to share a few scriptures on repentance. Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

The greek word for repentance in these verses is metanoia and means:

change of mind, repentance

Usage: repentance, a change of mind, change in the inner man.

Notice also in Acts 5 and Acts 11 the God is said to give or grant this repentance. This repentance towards God is something man doesn't have naturally, it must be furnished by God. Its Gods Gift to His Chosen People.1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'm going to share a few scriptures on repentance. Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

The greek word for repentance in these verses is metanoia and means:

change of mind, repentance

Usage: repentance, a change of mind, change in the inner man.

Notice also in Acts 5 and Acts 11 the God is said to give or grant this repentance. This repentance towards God is something man doesn't have naturally, it must be furnished by God. Its Gods Gift to His Chosen People.1
These are very encouraging scriptures. Would you kindly clarify what you mean by the last part part of the last paragraph "It's God's gift to His chosen people"? Some believe this refers to the Jews exclusively and others believe it's referring to Jews and Gentiles alike.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These are very encouraging scriptures. Would you kindly clarify what you mean by the last part part of the last paragraph "It's God's gift to His chosen people"? Some believe this refers to the Jews exclusively and others believe it's referring to Jews and Gentiles alike.
Its Gods Gift to His Chosen people. Well notice in Acts 5 31 it says He gives repentance to Israel. Israel stands for a chosen people. However so it wont be confused with the ethnic national Israel, Its Spiritual Israel, Abraham's seed via Christ Gal 3:29 which includes some Gentiles so Acts 11 18 is valid

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

So the Israel in Acts 5 31 does also include Gentiles, which equates to Gods Chosen people from all over the world.

• Winner
Reactions: Dan1988
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, according to your theology we are to hate our family and love our enemies. You're welcome to hold to that, but my Bible tells me that such doctrine is false.
We can choose to believe in what we invent, or believe what God say's. I personally choose to believe everything that God has said, I would never add to or remove anything from His perfect Word.
According to the Bible we are to “hate” and Love our family at the same time, but according to Deities’ definition of “hate”. Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A nation is not made up of dirt, just as a Church is not made of bricks and mortar.
We know that Jesus has a deep hatred for billions people, you don't cast billions into a lake of fire to burn forever if you love them.
To suggest that Jesus cast's billions into hell because He loves them, is to suggest that Jesus is evil. It's like a father claiming to love his children, then betraying them and committing the worst evil imaginable against them.
I am not saying Deity cast people into hell because Deity Loved them, since hell does them no good, but people going to hell, does help some still able of their own autonomous free will to decide to accept or reject God’s help.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
According to the Bible we are to “hate” and Love our family at the same time, but according to Deities’ definition of “hate”. Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.
I still don't get this concept of loving someone and hating them at the same time. I don't believe that Christ ever taught such a contradictory doctrine. The only teaching that makes sense, is that our love for Christ should be so much higher than we have for our families that it looks like hate when compared to our love for Christ.

Those who reject the gospel in this life, will reject it all the more when they are cast into hell. They hate God now and they will hate Him even more, when He punishes them so they have absolutely no hope of repenting unless God gives them the gift repentance.

We are all born enemies of God and we all hate him by nature, there's nothing in us which would cause us to repent. God must initiate repentance in us and He must keep us from falling away and becoming reprobate. No dead person can quicken himself to life, God is the One who gives and preserves life so He is the author and finisher of salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I am not saying Deity cast people into hell because Deity Loved them, since hell does them no good, but people going to hell, does help some still able of their own autonomous free will to decide to accept or reject God’s help.
Nobody can chose paradise over the lake of fire, unless God causes them to. This exposes mans depravity and wickedness, no sinner will ever come to the light by making their autonomous choice.

Every single person will choose the lake of fire, over the offer of eternal paradise. The choice is simple, but the vast majority choose hell. The burning question, is why do the worlds smartest people make the dumbest choice and choose to spend eternity in the lake of fire and reject the free offer of eternal paradise. what your proposing just doesn't make any sense at all.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I still don't get this concept of loving someone and hating them at the same time. I don't believe that Christ ever taught such a contradictory doctrine. The only teaching that makes sense, is that our love for Christ should be so much higher than we have for our families that it looks like hate when compared to our love for Christ.

Those who reject the gospel in this life, will reject it all the more when they are cast into hell. They hate God now and they will hate Him even more, when He punishes them so they have absolutely no hope of repenting unless God gives them the gift repentance.

We are all born enemies of God and we all hate him by nature, there's nothing in us which would cause us to repent. God must initiate repentance in us and He must keep us from falling away and becoming reprobate. No dead person can quicken himself to life, God is the One who gives and preserves life so He is the author and finisher of salvation.
Hate is not the opposite of Love not even in the English language.

Where is the scripture verse and the context interpretation to what you are saying?

Yes, “Hate” might mean a huge difference in the Love you have for one party as compared to the other party, but you still “Love” the ones you hate.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nobody can chose paradise over the lake of fire, unless God causes them to. This exposes mans depravity and wickedness, no sinner will ever come to the light by making their autonomous choice.

Every single person will choose the lake of fire, over the offer of eternal paradise. The choice is simple, but the vast majority choose hell. The burning question, is why do the worlds smartest people make the dumbest choice and choose to spend eternity in the lake of fire and reject the free offer of eternal paradise. what your proposing just doesn't make any sense at all.
Do you really think the vast majority of people would chose of their own free will to go to hell?
Is there something God has programmed into people that makes them want to go to hell?

I do not see at all the average person out right choosing to go to hell and that is not the choice. People have two likely alternatives making it a true choice: They can continue to pursue the perceived pleasures of sin for a season or humbly accept God's charity in the form of forgiveness as charity.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The word Give in Acts 5 and grant in Acts 11 are the very same greek word didómi and does mean to:

1. of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage; to bestow, give as a gift:

to supply, furnish, necessary things:

Joined with nouns denoting strength, faculty, power, virtue, δίδωμι (τίνι τί) is equivalent to: to furnish, endue,

This furnishing is the new birth, new Spiritual life and faculties.2

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hate is not the opposite of Love not even in the English language.

Where is the scripture verse and the context interpretation to what you are saying?

Yes, “Hate” might mean a huge difference in the Love you have for one party as compared to the other party, but you still “Love” the ones you hate.
I never suggested that love was the of hate, I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

Many falsely teach that the narrow and ignorant idea that God is love, but the Bible teaches that God is hate as well. God has many attributes and love is just one of those. God is also a jealous, vengeful, intolerant, violent God who doesn't reason with us or accept our best works.

So it foolish to to accept false teaching about Him, ignorance will not be accepted as an excuse on judgement day.

Upvote 0