Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I shudder to think who i was before i gave my life to the Lord Jesus. I have changed out of all recognition. I used to hate myself, i felt life was not worth living.
Now each day is precious.
Praise be to Jesus. He has transformed me. Not into perfection! Certainly not. He has filled me with hope and inspiration. I wake every day knowing i am loved and never alone. Every single aspect of my life has been changed from dark despair of many years to the light of good things to come.

How has Jesus changed your perceptions on a daily basis?

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I shudder to think who i was before i gave my life to the Lord Jesus. I have changed out of all recognition. I used to hate myself, i felt life was not worth living.
Now each day is precious.
Praise be to Jesus. He has transformed me. Not into perfection! Certainly not. He has filled me with hope and inspiration. I wake every day knowing i am loved and never alone. Every single aspect of my life has been changed from dark despair of many years to the light of good things to come.

How has Jesus changed your perceptions on a daily basis?
Thank you for posting this. Jesus really does change us, for me,.Jesus has changed my daily perspective by loving Him and by loving others. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For me, being autistic and a bit of a control freak, He showed me how to trust in Him when I didn't have all of the necessary answers. I still feel responsible (to a certain degree) where I do have insight, knowledge or understanding of a situation, but can rest in Him where I do not. :bow:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ is my true north and the anchor in my life.
I still make mistakes but I can always turn around from them by coming to Lord Jesus Christ and accepting the beautiful gifts of mercy, love, forgiveness and compassion. In this way mistakes are brief, unpleasant experiences that I learn from rather than hellish, unending nightmare realities that I have to live out to some sort of bitter end.
By being constantly in communication with Lord Jesus Christ and guided by the Holy Spirit I have love and respect for myself and others and life is easier and more pleasant lived that way!
This world can be so harsh and cruel and some of us are just not much loved or appreciated by others but we can tap into an unending source of incredible love at any time and when we radiate that we shine that love and light around for others who are missing out on it in their lives.
It really is just the most amazing, beautiful, incredible, outrageously generous and loving gift ever known, this mercy of Father, Son and Holy Spirit :twohearts:

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus Christ is my true north and the anchor in my life.
I still make mistakes but I can always turn around from them by coming to Lord Jesus Christ and accepting the beautiful gifts of mercy, love, forgiveness and compassion. In this way mistakes are brief, unpleasant experiences that I learn from rather than hellish, unending nightmare realities that I have to live out to some sort of bitter end.
By being constantly in communication with Lord Jesus Christ and guided by the Holy Spirit I have love and respect for myself and others and life is easier and more pleasant lived that way!
This world can be so harsh and cruel and some of us are just not much loved or appreciated by others but we can tap into an unending source of incredible love at any time and when we radiate that we shine that love and light around for others who are missing out on it in their lives.
It really is just the most amazing, beautiful, incredible, outrageously generous and loving gift ever known, this mercy of Father, Son and Holy Spirit :twohearts:

I love what you say. My thoughts exactly. How lucky are we to have Jesus Christ. I cannot breathe without Him.

Upvote 0

Homer Les

Dec 7, 2017
Kingston
Visit site
✟16,425.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh yes. Daily. When we began our journey I had no idea just how much garbage thoughts I had. After years of being broken it is clear to me that I need to stay in that place of humility to allow Him to change not only my thinking but all of my actions until I am completely surrendered to Him.

http://www.homerlesandwandaring.com

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know I used to think that Jesus changed people, but since I began believing in Jesus I have not actually changed, so now I am skeptical that he actually changes people, from seeing lack of evidence in my own life.

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
JacquelineDeane5:

I think that you are being honest.
Does Jesus change anyone, or is it the Holy Spirit working in a person that changes one?

Rom_3:3 For what if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom_3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:
for there is no difference:
Rom_4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that He might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
Rom_4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on Him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

God is not dictator;those who choose to believe shall be given what is needed if their believe in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit is true. In my humble opinion, those who chose to believe in Him will be given what is needed to continue their spiritual walk with Him.

1Co_12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God callsh Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.

I hope this helps you.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you tell me how to change. I used to have peace in my life ,but i used to worry to much about my future and i just get angry fast and shout with my parents...

1. Stop Striving & Start Abiding
I saw a Christian Instagram account the other day and the description read, “striving to be a Godly woman.” No disrespect or judgment here, but didn’t Jesus come so that we could stop striving? Psalm 46:8 says, “Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth” (NASB). The first step in learning to let go of control is to stop striving. We don’t have to strive to make our life turn out a certain way; we just have to abide in Him (John 15).

2. Confess and Surrender Your Need for Control
If you’re like me and you crave control, the remedy for change is prayer. Go to God and be honest — tell Him how you feel. Say, “God I confess I like being in control. It makes me feel safe and secure. It makes me feel like I have a purpose. But I know that being a control freak isn’t going to get me anywhere. Help me surrender control to you each and every day. Help me trust in you deeply, so that I will not fear surrendering that control. Help me remember that you hold it all.”

If you’re having trouble surrendering through prayer alone, try taking out a piece of paper and write down the things you are holding so tightly to. One by one, lay the pieces of paper on the floor and as you’re doing so, imagine yourself literally laying them down at the feet of the Father.

3. Be Still and Know
In Exodus 14, we see the best Egyptian fighters try to capture the Israelites (this is the scene before the parting of the Red Sea). Instead of trying to control every little detail of their escape plan, in verses 13-14 Moses tells the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm … the LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still” (NIV). And you know what God did? He rescued them! He was in control the whole time, even when the enemy was on its way, ready to take the Israelites down. He can do the same for us when we trust and rest in Him.

4. Trust, Trust, Trust
Trusting in God is a lifelong process. Like many aspects o the Christian faith, it’s a choice that we make every day. We have to learn to let go of trying to figure out the “whys” of life and trust that God understands more than we ever could. Here’s what has helped me trust God when my flesh would rather trust myself: making a list of all the things God has carried me through, listening to Lauren Daigle’s song “Trust In You” on repeat, reading the Word.

5. Seek God
God holds the world in His hands — but we’ll never fully grasp the power and extent of those hands if we’re not tuned in to and focused on Him. When we surrender control, wait and trust in God’s plan, we can know that he will be faithful to lead us where He wants us to go. Jeremiah 29:13 says “You will find Me when you search for Me with all your heart” (NASB). Seek God and he will direct your steps.

Source: 5 Ways to Surrender Control and Let God Handle Your Life

• Winner
Reactions: Andy centek
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Can you tell me how to change. I used to have peace in my life ,but i used to worry to much about my future and i just get angry fast and shout with my parents...
Hi
Yes i can.
Go somewhere private. Get down on your knees. Say the Lord's Prayer. Then pray to Lord Jesus asking for what you need, be specific. Ask Jesus to surround and fill you with His peace. Finish with an Amen and off you go. Assume Jesus will provide all that you need BUT be prepared. The solutions will come in often very different ways to what you may expect. This is because God knows what you really need and He will make all things happen for your best interests. This you often cannot understand but in time you will. The solutions may be painful lessons that you must learn for your long term good.
This is why you must trust and have faith.
Being Christian is not an easy path but oh wow it is glorious! Because you learn to surrender to the Will of God. Tough but, it means you can enjoy peace. Not up to you what happens, youve placed your problems in His hands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums