Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It doesn't scare me because I've been through VBS and I know the drill - they pick a theme, put the kids through role play and use it to teach them about God. This appears to be a well-funded version of the same thing, only on steroids. It appears to be Teen Mania for kids that are grade 5 and under.

Here is their website: http://kidsinministry.com/index.html

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was actually lifted to see the youth so givign unto the Lord UNTIL I saw then bowing at the feet of a cardboard cut out of Pres. Bush. That made my stomache do a flip. I still have rather mixed emotions about the movie.
Thou shalt have no other Gods before me.Thou shalt not make an image to worship it.Hitler youth,2006.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was actually lifted to see the youth so givign unto the Lord UNTIL I saw then bowing at the feet of a cardboard cut out of Pres. Bush. That made my stomache do a flip. I still have rather mixed emotions about the movie.

Thou shalt have no other Gods before me.Thou shalt not make an image to worship it.Hitler youth,2006.

They were praying for him, not to him.

Upvote 0

ksbriscoe

Jul 24, 2006
Colorado
✟16,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They were praying for him, not to him.
that is what I thought but the image was still bothersome. I feel that after the release of this movie we as christians in general will be almost literally spit on. I don't feel that this movie is a work of God.... but rather "the devil in sheeps clothing" if you will. I don't feel that who ever was involved in making this movie did it with the hopes that it would inspire more people to become christians, but to make "us" look bad and give the non-believers even more reason to...well not believe. They say "Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch"..... I smell one heck of a rotten apple and we all are going to be judged because of it.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
that is what I thought but the image was still bothersome. I feel that after the release of this movie we as christians in general will be almost literally spit on. I don't feel that this movie is a work of God.... but rather "the devil in sheeps clothing" if you will. I don't feel that who ever was involved in making this movie did it with the hopes that it would inspire more people to become christians, but to make "us" look bad and give the non-believers even more reason to...well not believe. They say "Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch"..... I smell one heck of a rotten apple and we all are going to be judged because of it.
The trailer does a pretty good job of that, at least.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You can pray for Bush without his image there.This is very dangerous territory they are in.

It's called a prop. It is not an icon or an idol. They are praying to God asking Him to guide Bush. Being as they are charismatic, I can see why they'd be kneeling.

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's called a prop. It is not an icon or an idol. They are praying to God asking Him to guide Bush. Being as they are charismatic, I can see why they'd be kneeling.
Kneeling in front of a prop of Bush to pray for him.You know I recently saw an article that said Bush believes there will be a new resurgence of Christianity.Bush based of course.We must beware of who we blindly follow.I'd say it's likely he knows about this prop kneeling,and approves.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Kneeling in front of a prop of Bush to pray for him.You know I recently saw an article that said Bush believes there will be a new resurgence of Christianity.Bush based of course.We must beware of who we blindly follow.I'd say it's likely he knows about this prop kneeling,and approves.

You can think that if you want, but you'll just be an idiot who jumps to conclusions if you do. All you have to support your thoughts are a few seconds of film in a trailer, which means it's out of context. You'd need to see the whole scene if you were to know whether they're doing what I say they're doing vs. what you say they're doing. Don't be like the Western tribes of Israel who almost rashly went to war with their Eastern brothers because of judging too early. Joshua 22

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ok,first off,I am bothered by the fact that all the kids shown in the Trailer are under what EVERY Christian that I know, would consider "the age of accountability",with one boy stating he "got saved" at the age of 5,SHEEZ! That makes it seem no different than the indoctrination of very young children under Radical Islam! Yet,I certainly want to see it,and I think all Christians should,if for no other reason than to see if this is becoming a "fanatical fundamentalist trend" so we know how to recognize what to "run from" if we see it developing/appearing in our own church!

The reason we get fanatical groups like Jim Jones, and David Koresh with the Branch Davidians,is because of Christians being too lazy to "Study The Word" for themselves so they cannot recognize these false prophets! How many Christians even carry their sword(the Bible) to church with them and follow along with what the preacher is preaching,to make sure he IS in fact preaching the Word of God? How many times through the week is their Bible even opened? No wonder so many are so easily "DUPED"!
I for one, like to know what is going on in the world and the churches,so I can see where it fits in according to what God has to say,so I think this is an important movie.
attachment.php

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok,first off,I am bothered by the fact that all the kids shown in the Trailer are under what EVERY Christian that I know, would consider "the age of accountability",with one boy stating he "got saved" at the age of 5,SHEEZ! That makes it seem no different than the indoctrination of very young children under Radical Islam! Yet,I certainly want to see it,and I think all Christians should,if for no other reason than to see if this is becoming a "fanatical fundamentalist trend" so we know how to recognize what to "run from" if we see it developing/appearing in our own church!

The reason we get fanatical groups like Jim Jones, and David Koresh with the Branch Davidians,is because of Christians being too lazy to "Study The Word" for themselves so they cannot recognize these false prophets! How many Christians even carry their sword(the Bible) to church with them and follow along with what the preacher is preaching,to make sure he IS in fact preaching the Word of God? How many times through the week is their Bible even opened? No wonder so many are so easily "DUPED"!
I for one, like to know what is going on in the world and the churches,so I can see where it fits in according to what God has to say,so I think this is an important movie.
attachment.php

Scripture doesn't tell us what that age of accountability is. Furthermore, didn't Jesus say, "Let the little children come to Me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these?"

I've been through the VBS-style role-play stuff before, I don't see how this is any different other than being charismatic and better funded.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Scripture doesn't tell us what that age of accountability is. Furthermore, didn't Jesus say, "Let the little children come to Me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these?"

I've been through the VBS-style role-play stuff before, I don't see how this is any different other than being charismatic and better funded.

True, but I believe common sense tells us it most certainly is not age 5!
As one reviewer said"And the kid who was saved at five says that he "wanted more out of life." Anyone who has ever studied human cognitive development knows that five-year-olds lack the capacity for abstract thought necessary for such concepts as "wanting more out of life." !

What comes out of the mouths of these kids, gives me the "Willies",:eek: it's absolutely unnatural,like they are reading off cue-cards,and as I have said,like they have been "indoctrinated",and I am certain,this is exactly what is going to turn people off.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
True, but I believe common sense tells us it most certainly is not age 5!
So at age 5, a child cannot tell right from wrong? I'm pretty sure it's much earlier than that. If I can go with what I remember of my life, I'd say it's age 2 or 3.

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
So at age 5, a child cannot tell right from wrong? I'm pretty sure it's much earlier than that. If I can go with what I remember of my life, I'd say it's age 2 or 3.

A 5 year old can tell right from wrong in a limited sense, at that age their concept of right and wrong comes from what they are taught by their parents, and possibly teachers. But also what motivates a 5 year old not to do something wrong is not that doing wrong things is the wrong thing to do but rather if I do this then I will get punished. It's not till a few years later that a child realises that the reason why stealing is wrong is not because it'll get them a spanking, but instead because it hurts people, it's dishonest etc.

I'm sure you'll agree with me that the best motivation to be good is not from fear of the consequences of being bad but rather out of a heartfelt desire to be good and a lack of desire to cause pain to others.

I'm with you on the indoctrinated bit soblessed, to want more out of life then you have to be aware that there is more too life, a 5 year old does not have that level of reasoning.

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A 5 year old can tell right from wrong in a limited sense, at that age their concept of right and wrong comes from what they are taught by their parents, and possibly teachers. But also what motivates a 5 year old not to do something wrong is not that doing wrong things is the wrong thing to do but rather if I do this then I will get punished. It's not till a few years later that a child realises that the reason why stealing is wrong is not because it'll get them a spanking, but instead because it hurts people, it's dishonest etc.

I'm sure you'll agree with me that the best motivation to be good is not from fear of the consequences of being bad but rather out of a heartfelt desire to be good and a lack of desire to cause pain to others.

I'm with you on the indoctrinated bit soblessed, to want more out of life then you have to be aware that there is more too life, a 5 year old does not have that level of reasoning.

There are a lot of chronically selfish adults that don't have that line of reasoning.

I'm going to go with what Jesus said (see my earlier post or look up Matthew 19:14, Mark 10:14, or Luke 18:16). The way you two are carrying on, you sound like the folks who don't think kids should be brought up with any religion or values at all.

Upvote 0