Jesus' Birth, Crucifixion, Death, Resurrection and Ascension in Revelation.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This birth of Jesus is perhaps the most miraculous fulfillment of OTprophecies[besides His Crucifixion and Resurrection]
Feel free to post other 1st century Revelation prophecies you feel that were fulfilled before 70ad. Thanks

I would like to start off with Revelation 12:5, and this is a 1st century fulfillment [assuming that the Child the Woman is bringing forth is Jesus].

Here are just a couple of verses from the OT concerning the birth of Jesus:

Micah 5:2
2 And thou, Beth-Lehem Ephratah, Little to be among the chiefs of Judah!
From thee to Me He cometh forth -- to become Ruler in Israel,
And His goings forth are of old, From days of antiquity/eon.
Isaiah 7:14
“Therefore Yahweh Himself will give thee a sign:
Behold! the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel
Isaiah 9:6
A Child is born to us! A Son is given to us! And He will be our ruler.
He will be called, “Wonderful Counselor,” “Mighty God,”
“Eternal Father,” “Prince of Peace.”

Revelation 12:5
And she brought forth<5088> a Son, a male,
Who is about to be shepherding<4165> all the nations in iron rod/staff.

,<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Gap of time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And caught away was her Child unto God and His throne,

Matthew 1:
21 and she shall bring forth a Son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins.’
Luke 2:
7 and she brought forth her Son — the first-born, and wrapped Him up, and laid Him down in the manger, because there was not for them a place in the guest-chamber.

And she brought forth a Son, a male,
and caught away was her Child unto God and His throne,

Acts 1
9 And these things having said — they beholding —
He was taken up, and a cloud did receive Him up from their sight;
10 and as they were looking stedfastly to the heaven in His going on, then behold! two Men stood by them in white apparel

Last edited:

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Death and ascension of the Son of the God.........

John 19:30
When then Jesus had received/got the vinegar, He said "it has been finished!<5055>".
And reclining the head He gives up the
spirit,

Acts 1

.....and caught away was her Child unto God and His throne,

And now:

Revelation 1:18
12 And I did turn to see the voice that did speak with me, and having turned, I saw seven golden lamp-stands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lamp-stands, [one] like to a son of man, clothed to the foot, and girt round at the breast with a golden girdle, 14 and his head and hairs white, as if white wool — as snow, and his eyes as a flame of fire; 15 and his feet like to fine brass, as in a furnace having been fired, and his voice as a sound of many waters, 16 and having in his right hand seven stars, and out of his mouth a sharp two-edged sword is proceeding, and his countenance [is] as the sun shining in its might.

17 And when I saw him, I did fall at his feet as dead, and he placed his right hand upon me, saying to me,

‘Be not afraid; I am the First and the Last, 18 and the living One! And I became dead and behold! I am living into the ages of the ages.
And I am having the keys of the Hades and of the Death

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This birth of Jesus is perhaps the most miraculous fulfillment of OTprophecies[besides His Crucifixion and Resurrection]
Feel free to post other 1st century Revelation prophecies you feel that were fulfilled before 70ad. Thanks

I would like to start off with Revelation 12:5, and this is a 1st century fulfillment [assuming that the Child the Woman is bringing forth is Jesus].

Here are just a couple of verses from the OT concerning the birth of Jesus:

Micah 5:2
2 And thou, Beth-Lehem Ephratah, Little to be among the chiefs of Judah!
From thee to Me He cometh forth -- to become Ruler in Israel,
And His goings forth are of old, From days of antiquity/eon.
Isaiah 7:14
“Therefore Yahweh Himself will give thee a sign:
Behold! the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel
Isaiah 9:6
A Child is born to us! A Son is given to us! And He will be our ruler.
He will be called, “Wonderful Counselor,” “Mighty God,”
“Eternal Father,” “Prince of Peace.”

And she brought forth<5088> a Son, a male,

,<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Gap of time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And caught away was her Child unto God and His throne,

Matthew 1:
21 and she shall bring forth a Son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins.’
Luke 2:
7 and she brought forth her Son — the first-born, and wrapped Him up, and laid Him down in the manger, because there was not for them a place in the guest-chamber.

And she brought forth a Son, a male,
and caught away was her Child unto God and His throne,

Acts 1
10 and as they were looking stedfastly to the heaven in His going on, then behold! two Men stood by them in white apparel,

That's the tricky thing about prophecy, the predictive prophecy will be intermingled with oracles, the prophecy can include past, present and future. Israel, when you think about it, is Christianity's mother religion. It makes perfect sense that her role in redemptive history would be remembered as the promises of Christ come to pass in the Revelation. This book of prophecy is just loaded with Old Testament allusions, I've long thought that you can't really understand the Revelation without knowing something about the Pentateuch.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's the tricky thing about prophecy, the predictive prophecy will be intermingled with oracles... This book of prophecy is just loaded with Old Testament allusions, I've long thought that you can't really understand the Revelation without knowing something about the Pentateuch.
Not sure if you are aware of this, but I created a thread some years back. It didn't seem to garner much interest and since then I have too many other numerous threads and topics I am working on.
Please feel free to post there. Thanks

Allusions in Revelation from Old Testament

I find this person's view concerning the "allusions" found in the book of Revelation that are found in the Old Testament/Covenant rather fascinating.
Would anyone like to put down verses from Revelation and the verses from the OT/OC that are "alluded" to? I think that would be enjoyable and edifying. Thanks

THE SYMBOLISM IN BOOK OF REVELATION

One man studied and found 348 allusions (not illusions, Light) in Revelation from the Old Testament. You see the similarity in wording and the context mirrored in Revelation and the particular Old Testament story, and immediately can recognize the reference source!
That's IF you know the bible well enough to even notice that.

95 of the 348 plain references used in Revelation as taken from the Old Testament are repeated in Revelation.
That makes about 250 Old Testament passages are cited. How many chapters are in Revelation? 22. That makes about TEN OLD TESTAMENT REFERENCES FOR EVERY CHAPTER!

Books in Daniel Daniel 7:9 and 11:10.
Cried and joy Temple/City: Ezra 3:12,13 and Reve 18:18, 19:4
Ear to hear: Isaiah 6:9,10 and Matt 13:15, Reve 2,3,13
Holy Holy Holy Isaiah 6:6 and Revelation 4:8
Jericho, Priest and Trumpets: Joshua 6:4, Hebrews 11:30, Matt 24:31, Reve 8:6
Lift hands to heaven and swore..: Daniel 2:7 and Reve 10:5
Light Revelation to Israel and Nations: Isaiah 9:2, Luke 2:32, Reve 1:1
Moses and Elijah, fire falling, as is also seen in Revelation.
Moses and Elijah
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...om-old-testament.7588850/page-6#post-73140020
Mountain of fire cast into Sea
Pierced: Zech 12:10 and Reve 1:7
Sacrifice/Supper of God: Ezek 39:17 and Reve 19:17
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...om-old-testament.7588850/page-6#post-72893026
Sanctuary/Tabernacle filled with smoke
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...ion-from-old-testament.7588850/#post-58432014
Silence/Hush: Zech 1:7, 2:13 and Reve 8:1
Sodom and Egypt: Matt 2:15, Reve 11:8
Song of Moses: Exodus 15:1 and Revelation 15:3
Spirit lifting, taking Ezekiel and John
Stars 7
Tree of Life and Garden: Genesis 3:24 and Reve 2:7
Whip.........Nahum 3:2, John 2:15,

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not sure if you are aware of this, but I created a thread some years back. It didn't seem to garner much interest and since then I have too many other numerous threads and topics I am working on.
Please feel free to post there. Thanks

Interesting, I'll check it out.

I find this person's view concerning the "allusions" found in the book of Revelation that are found in the Old Testament/Covenant rather fascinating.
Would anyone like to put down verses from Revelation and the verses from the OT/OC that are "alluded" to? I think that would be enjoyable and edifying. Thanks

THE SYMBOLISM IN BOOK OF REVELATION

The expression 'Lamb of God' comes to mind, it was part of the sin offering, sacrifice of the peace offering and the Day of Atonement. The description of the 'Son of Man' in the opening chapter bears a strong resemblance to the High Priest, or is it the other way around? The seven lamps are obviously the menorah, at least to me. The Feast of Trumpets along with The Feast of the Day of Atonement are certainly important. The fact that so many things are organized in sevens, which sounds kind of shallow, sounds profoundly Jewish to me. I love the prophetic designation of Christ being the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, that our Savior sits on the throne of David has enormous significance for me.

One man studied and found 348 allusions (not illusions, Light) in Revelation from the Old Testament. You see the similarity in wording and the context mirrored in Revelation and the particular Old Testament story, and immediately can recognize the reference source!
That's IF you know the bible well enough to even notice that.

95 of the 348 plain references used in Revelation as taken from the Old Testament are repeated in Revelation.
That makes about 250 Old Testament passages are cited. How many chapters are in Revelation? 22. That makes about TEN OLD TESTAMENT REFERENCES FOR EVERY CHAPTER!

Books in Daniel Daniel 7:9 and 11:10.
Cried and joy Temple/City: Ezra 3:12,13 and Reve 18:18, 19:4
Ear to hear: Isaiah 6:9,10 and Matt 13:15, Reve 2,3,13
Holy Holy Holy Isaiah 6:6 and Revelation 4:8
Jericho, Priest and Trumpets: Joshua 6:4, Hebrews 11:30, Matt 24:31, Reve 8:6
Lift hands to heaven and swore..: Daniel 2:7 and Reve 10:5
Light Revelation to Israel and Nations: Isaiah 9:2, Luke 2:32, Reve 1:1
Moses and Elijah, fire falling, as is also seen in Revelation.
Moses and Elijah
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...om-old-testament.7588850/page-6#post-73140020
Mountain of fire cast into Sea
Pierced: Zech 12:10 and Reve 1:7
Sacrifice/Supper of God: Ezek 39:17 and Reve 19:17
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...om-old-testament.7588850/page-6#post-72893026
Sanctuary/Tabernacle filled with smoke
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...ion-from-old-testament.7588850/#post-58432014
Silence/Hush: Zech 1:7, 2:13 and Reve 8:1
Sodom and Egypt: Matt 2:15, Reve 11:8
Song of Moses: Exodus 15:1 and Revelation 15:3
Spirit lifting, taking Ezekiel and John
Stars 7
Tree of Life and Garden: Genesis 3:24 and Reve 2:7
Whip.........Nahum 3:2, John 2:15,

Oh my but you've been busy :) Finally, someone who gets it. Just looking over the list the incense comes to mind, that is really a big one there. I'll look over your links and we can talk about this some more.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interesting, I'll check it out.

The expression 'Lamb of God' comes to mind, it was part of the sin offering, sacrifice of the peace offering and the Day of Atonement. The description of the 'Son of Man' in the opening chapter bears a strong resemblance to the High Priest, or is it the other way around? The seven lamps are obviously the menorah, at least to me. The Feast of Trumpets along with The Feast of the Day of Atonement are certainly important. The fact that so many things are organized in sevens, which sounds kind of shallow, sounds profoundly Jewish to me. I love the prophetic designation of Christ being the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, that our Savior sits on the throne of David has enormous significance for me.

Oh my but you've been busy :) Finally, someone who gets it. Just looking over the list the incense comes to mind, that is really a big one there. I'll look over your links and we can talk about this some more

Grace and peace,
Mark
Thank you your post.
I look forward to hearing more from you.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The "woman" and "child," mentioned at Revelation 12:1, 5, are symbolic for God's wife (heavenly organization), and the birth of his kingdom-respectively.
Very interesting.
Only room for 1 wife and queen.............

The Great City/Harlot/Queen Revelation chapts 17-19

Rev 18:7
7 ‘As much as She glorifies Herself and indulges so much, be giving to Her torment<929> and sorrow<3997>.
That in Her heart She is saying: 'I am sitting a Queen, and a Widow not I am being,
and sorrow not no I shall seeing.'
18 And they cried, observing the smoke of Her burning<4451>, saying, "What like to the great City?"

Lam 1:1
How deserted lies the City
, once so full of people! How like a widow is she, who once was great among the nations! She who was queen among the provinces has now become a slave.

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The Temple now presented little more than a heap of ruins;..............

In executing the command of Titus, relative to the demolition of Jerusalem, the Roman soldiers not only threw down the buildings, but even dug up their foundations, and so completely levelled the whole circuit of the city, that a stranger would scarcely have known that it had ever been inhabited by human beings. Thus was this great City, which only five months before, had been crowded with nearly two millions of people, who gloried in its impregnable strength, entirely depopulated, and levelled with the ground. And thus, also was our LORD'S prediction, that her enemies should "lay her even with the ground," and "should not leave in her one stone upon another, " (Luke xix. 44.) most strikingly and fully accomplished ! -- This fact is confirmed by Eusebius, who asserts that he himself saw the city lying in ruins ; and Josephus introduces Eleazer as exclaiming "Where is our great city, which, it was believed, GOD inhabited ? It is altogether rooted and torn up from its foundations ; and the only monument of it that remains, is the camp of its destroyers pitched amidst its reliques !"

Concerning the Temple, our LORD had foretold, particularly, that, notwithstanding their wonderful dimensions, there should "not be left one stone upon another that should not be thrown down ;" and, accordingly, it is recorded, in the Talmud, and by Maimonides, that Terentius Rufus, captain of the army of Titus, absolutely ploughed up the foundations of the Temple with a ploughshare. Now, also, was literally fulfilled that prophecy of Micah- "Therefore shall Zion, for your sakes (i. e. for your wickedness,) be ploughed as a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the LORD's house as the high places of the forest." (Micah iii. 12)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Acts 1
10 and as they were looking stedfastly to the heaven in His going on, then behold! two Men stood by them in white apparel
=============
Unlike Matt and Mar, Luke uses the singular word "cloud"

Luke 21:27 And then they shall be seeing the Son of the Man coming in a cloud with power and glory, much.

Revelation 14:14 And I saw and behold! a white cloud and upon the cloud one sitting like-as Son of Man, having upon the head of Him a crown of gold and a sharp sickle in His hands.

Why does Luke 21:27 use the singular "cloud" instead of "clouds"?

Upvote 0