Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And where do you think I said that?
I give up. . .where do I?
Jesus did not have any sin from Adam because He was born of the seed of the woman. But because Mary did not just pop into existence, and she had human parents whereby she shared their DNA all the way back to Adam,
she would have passed this DNA (not sin) unto Jesus.
It's not about DNA.

It's about God's legal reckoning in the Divine Court.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The thread-title gets things exactly backwards. The Word is Eternal & Uncreated - the "man Christ Jesus" is the Logos "made flesh", in space-time, by taking our created & needy human nature "into Himself" (for lack of a better way to put what is, after all, forever beyond human understanding).

"The letter kills - it is the Spirit that gives life". The text of the Bible is not unimportant, but it is only a pointer to Something, to Someone, greater and more lasting than itself. It is a sign directing people to the Logos, as is the Church: but neither Church nor Bible is the Logos. Neither of them is the Christ to Whom they witness. Jesus Christ is not the Bible.

Great post!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I give up. . .where do I?

It's not about DNA.

It's about God's legal reckoning in the Divine Court.

See post #120. I provided irrefutable Scriptural proof that Jesus (the Messiah) is in the physical bloodline of King David. This is why Jesus is called Son of David. Note: Again, this does not mean David is the biological father. This simply means that David is in the line of ancestors of Jesus through Mary. No sin was passed down from Adam to Jesus because Jesus was born of the seed of the woman (Mary). But Mary was not created like Adam out of the dust of the ground and so she had ancestors like King David, and Abraham and Adam in her genealogy. Her ancestors make up who she is.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The thread-title gets things exactly backwards. The Word is Eternal & Uncreated - the "man Christ Jesus" is the Logos "made flesh", in space-time, by taking our created & needy human nature "into Himself" (for lack of a better way to put what is, after all, forever beyond human understanding).
PRECISELY!
"The letter kills - it is the Spirit that gives life". The text of the Bible is not unimportant, but it is only a pointer
However, are you aware that "the letter" does not mean the Biblical text, but rather "the law"?
That "the letter" (2 Corinthians 3:6) is the written code of "the law"?
That there is no contrast in Scripture between "the letter and the Spirit" of the Scriptures?
That in context, the contrast is law vs. grace, works vs. faith, Old Covenant vs. New Covenant?

"The letter kills" because it curses all those who rely on it--the law (Galatians 3:10), because it must be kept perfectly to avoid the curse (Deuteronomy 27:26), which no one can do, so it condemns everyone to death--"the letter kills."
but it is only a pointer to Something, to Someone, greater and more lasting than itself. It is a sign directing people to the Logos, as is the Church: but neither Church nor Bible is the Logos. Neither of them is the Christ to Whom they witness. Jesus Christ is not the Bible.
"Logos" in the gospel of John does not mean any word spoken or written, such as the Scriptures.

It refers to the Logos of Greek philosophy, which was the First Cause, the great Intelligence and Reason behind the universe. John opens his gospel with the astounding declaration that the despised and recently crucified man, Jesus of Nazareth, is the eternal Logos, source of all wisdom and power, who became flesh in order to reveal God (the Logos) to us.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
See post #120. I provided irrefutable Scriptural proof that Jesus (the Messiah) is in the physical bloodline of King David. This is why Jesus is called Son of David. Note: Again, this does not mean David is the biological father. This simply means that David is in the line of ancestors of Jesus through Mary. No sin was passed down from Adam to Jesus because Jesus was born of the seed of the woman (Mary). But Mary was not created like Adam out of the dust of the ground and so she had ancestors like King David, and Abraham and Adam in her genealogy. Her ancestors make up who she is.
Thanks. . .

But Jesus' ancestry and nature is not about DNA, it's about God's legal reckoning of the eternal Divine Court.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. . .

But Jesus' ancestry and nature is not about DNA, it's about God's legal reckoning of the eternal Divine Court.

Yes. There is a royal line. No doubt about it. But David is also in the physical line of Christ and David is physically a part of Christ by Mary’s genealogy. Anyways, you are just repeating your own unbiblical opinion here and you are not being a good Berean by looking at the verses I posted (Which makes it clear that King David’s fruit of his loins would bring forth the Messiah).

Good day to you in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. There is a royal line. No doubt about it. But David is also in the physical line of Christ and David is physically a part of Christ by Mary’s genealogy. Anyways, you are just repeating your own unbiblical opinion here and you are not being a good Berean by looking at the verses I posted (Which makes it clear that King David’s fruit of his loins would bring forth the Messiah).
In total agreement.

And there Jesus is reckoned not a son of Adam, he is the Son of God.

Upvote 0