Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Jesus was begotten by the Holy Spirit

Luke 1:35: “And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.”

Matt: 1:18-20: “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.”

Jesus was ANNOINTED by the Holy Spirit

Matt.3:16: “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.”

Luke 4:18,19: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Acts 10:38: “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”

Heb. 1:9: “Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.” (See post on EMBLEMS of the Holy Spirit)

Jesus was SEALED by the Holy Spirit

John 6:27: “Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.”

Jesus was LED by the Holy Spirit

Matt: 4:1: “Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.”

Jesus was EMPOWERED by the Holy Spirit

Matt. 12:28: “But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.”

Jesus was FILLED by the Holy Spirit

John 3:34: “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.”

Luke 4:1: “And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,”

Jesus was SORROWED in The Holy Spirit

John 11:23 -in this scripture the Greek word pneuma is used which refers to The Holy Spirit.
“Jesus was BEGOTTEN by the Holy Spirit!

Luke 1:35: “And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.”

Matt: 1:18-20: “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.”

Jesus was ANNOINTED by the Holy Spirit

Matt.3:16: “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.”

Luke 4:18,19: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Acts 10:38: “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”

Heb. 1:9: “Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.” (See post on EMBLEMS of the Holy Spirit)

Jesus was SEALED by the Holy Spirit

John 6:27: “Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.”

Jesus was LED by the Holy Spirit

Matt: 4:1: “Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.”

Jesus was EMPOWERED by the Holy Spirit

Matt. 12:28: “But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.”

Jesus was FILLED by the Holy Spirit

John 3:34: “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.”

Luke 4:1: “And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,”

Jesus REJOICED in the Holy Spirit

Luke 10:21: “In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.”

Jesus OFFERED Himself for us through The Holy Spirit!

Hebrews 9:14: “How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?”

Jesus was RESURRECTED by The Holy Spirit

Romans 1:4: “And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:”
I Peter 3:18

After Jesus was resurrected He gave COMMANDMENTS to His disciples THROUGH The Holy Spirit!

Acts 1:2: “Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:”

One Day Jesus will return and RAISE the dead in Christ THROUGH The Holy Spirit!

Romans 8:11: “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
I have heard many things in my life, includiing this as well. But I have heard many different ideas concerning it, from different groups. It has been my experience that most of what I hear is nonsense put forth by "radical" groups with no foundation.

But by all means tell me specifically what you have heard and I will address that directly. There are too amny false teachings to respond in a general way.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
I will say this: "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani" is a known language with a known interpretation, which we are given in Mark 15:34, " My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Whether He spoke in tongues or not I do not know, as there is no evidence either way. However, I don't personally believe He did because of what is recorded in I Corinthians 14:22: "Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not:..." Since Jesus, Himself, was and is, The Sign, I see no reson for Him to display the sign of speaking in tongues. If they did not believe His Words, they would not have believed the sign of "tongues".

However, I do believe there is there is some reason to suppose He did quote the entire 22nd Psalm, as He hung in agony on that cruel Cross.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.