JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well none of that is true. There are many scriptures quoted and you talk about two scriptures where Jesus and the Apostles keep the Sabbath? I suggest you read the OP seems you have not.
All of that is true. Stop saying otherwise. More of your canned answers.

- None of that is true.
- Now you are just making things up.
- That doesn't agree with God's WORD.
- Do you have scriptures to share?
- I hope that helps!
- Sound familiar?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are misusing "God's WORD".

Then prove it. All I here from you is your own words over God's WORD. You have been provided God's WORD not my words. Your agrgument my friend is with God not me.

Simply posting a Bible verse proves nothing. For example, you posted a bunch of scriptures references at the bottom of the OP that simply contain the Sabbath. Nothing to do with Sabbath-keeping. Just because the word Sabbath appears doesn't mean what you are claiming.

Not really Steve, The section at the bottom of the op is called.

What did Jesus and the Apostles teach about the Sabbath in the New Testament?

1. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)
2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)
3. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28)
4. If you do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4)
5. It is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we are guilty or breaking all (James 2:8-12)
6. Breaking it is sin (1 John 3:4)
7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded (Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; Ezekiel 20:20)
8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Eph 5:1-21; Peter 2:20-22)
9. The Apostle kept the Sabbath (Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10)

It is only the section 8-9 that is showing that JESUS and all the APOSTLES kept the SABBATH as our examples. The rest of the scriptures are about what Jesus and the APOSTLES teach about the Sabbath

HEBREWS 4:9 So then it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Sorry Steve, God's WORD disagrees with you.

In reference to the title "Ten Commandments" (TCs) not being in the new testament (NT), this is true. What it means is that the law is a singular thing. You can't separate the TCs from the whole law. And a NT reference to the law, or commandments is never limited the TCs.

Sorry Steve everyone of the 10 commandments are repeated and discussed in the NEW TESTAMENT.

God's WORD disagrees with you here brother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I like these scripture with Jesus saying...

MATTHEW 24:13-21
[13], But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.
[14], And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness to all nations; and then shall the end come.
[15], When you therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoever reads, let him understand:)
[16], Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
[17], Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
[18], Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
[19], And woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
[20], But pray you that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
[21], For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Jesus seemed to be of the view that well after his death (70 AD's destruction of Jerusalem and onwards) his disciples would still be keeping the Sabbath. Then we have PAUL who says...

HEBREWS 4:9 So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Hope this helps

God bless

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟265,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One can't go wrong with finding many scriptural passages that establish something, over any that argue against it without proper appeal to scripture passages themselves. I had posted in this forum in times past, including back around the time this forum was made, and I would get argument that, rather than appeal to scripture passages, argued instead against something as a cult, something that I had no involvement with in any way. As I sought answers for myself, that did nothing to win me to their position.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
One can't go wrong with finding many scriptural passages that establish something, over any that argue against it without proper appeal to scripture passages themselves. I had posted in this forum in times past, including back around the time this forum was made, and I would get argument that, rather than appeal to scripture passages, argued instead against something as a cult, something that I had no involvement with in any way. As I sought answers for myself, that did nothing to win me to their position.

Hi brother Fred, welcome and thanks for your comments.

I believe it is the lot of those who follow and believe the Word of God. Jesus tells us in his Word that many are called but few are chosen and that his people will only be a remnant who will be persecuted and hated by all nations for sharing his truth. They called the Apostles after the death of Jesus a cult and Jesus a devil in his day. Jesus said it would be the same for all those who believe and follow his Word.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts brother.

God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
WHAT DID JESUS AND THE APOSTLES TEACH ABOUT GOD’S LAW
(the scriptures below are no where near exhaustive)

Jesus taught the 10 commandments…..

1. Jesus kept God’s Law (10 commandments) and said the Law and the prophets would not pass away (Matt 5:17-18)
2. Jesus taught others to follow the 10 commandments (Mark 10:17-21)
3. Jesus taught that Love is the fulfilling (doing) of God’s Law (10 commandments Matt 22:36-40)
4. If we break God’s Law by following man-made traditions we are not following God (Matt 15:3-9)
5. Jesus says if we commit sin we are a servant of sin and he has come to free us from sin (John 8:32-36)
6. Jesus taught if you love God you will keep God’s Law and abide in His Love (John 14:15; 15:10
7. If anyone is breaking any of God’s commandments and teaching others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven <least = lost> (Matt 5:19)
8. No one can obey God’s Law producing the fruit of obedience of ourselves and unless we abide in Jesus we can do nothing (John 15:4-10)

Paul affirms the Ten Commandments……

1. Paul teaches God's people keep the Sabbath Hebrews 4.
2. Paul tells gentiles that "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of GOD" 1 Cor 7:19
3. Paul tells gentiles "it is not the HEARERS of the Law that are just before God but the DOERS of the Law will be justified... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge all mankind" Rom 2:13-16
4. Paul asks that gentiles consider the doctrine of LAW "Do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we establish the Law of God" Rom 3:31
5. Paul tells ALL Christians that it is only the lost who will "not subject themselves to the Law of God neither indeed CAN they" Rom 8:6-8
6 Paul reaches all Christians under the NEW Covenant that God's LAW as known in Jer 31:31-33 is "written on the heart and mind" Heb 8:7-11
7. Paul tells all Christians that the OT text is to be used for Doctrine 2Tim 3:16
AND He never claims that "if I did not write it -- it is not scripture for us today" -- as one or two have imagined for us.
8. Paul tells all Christians that the 5th commandment is the "FIRST commandment with a promise" Eph 6:1-2 and is binding on all Christians.
9. God's Law (10 commandments) are holy, just and good (Rom 7:12)
10. God's Law gives us a knowledge of what sin is (Rom 3:20; 7:7)
11. The penalty of breaking God's Law without Jesus is death (Rom 6:23)
12. If we break God's Law we dishonor God (Rom 2:23)
13. If we sin we are "under the Law" and guilty before God (Rom 3:19)
14. We are saved by faith but our faith establishes the Law in us (Rom 3:31)
15. If we are saved by grace we should not break God's Law (Rom 6:1-7)
16. We should not break God's Law if we are under grace (Rom 6:15)
17. We are to serve the Law of God through the mind because that is where sin starts (Rom 6:17; 7:25; 8:4; 12:2)
18. It is God's Law that brings us to Jesus (Gal 3:24)
19. God's salvation frees us from sin so we can be obedient to God's Law and live a life of holiness (Rom 6:22)
20. We will be judged by God's Law and only those that are obedient will be justified because of their faith (Rom 2:4-13)
21. God's Law can only be obeyed through love and a changed heart which comes by faith in God's Word (Rom 2:21-29; 13:9-10; Heb 8:9-10)
22. If we break God's Law and are in unrepentant sin we will be lost and will received God's judgements (Heb 10:26-27)

John affirms the 10 commandments……

1. John says it is only by keeping God’s 10 commandments that we know that we know God (1 John 2:3)
2. If someone says that they know God and do not keep God’s 10 commandments they are lying and not telling the truth (1 John 2:4)
3. We should purify ourselves as Jesus is pure (1 John 3:3)
4. Sin is the breaking of God’s 10 commandments (1 John 3:4)
5. Whoever is abiding in Christ does not commit sin (1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10)
6. If you are in unrepentant sin you have not seen Jesus or know him (1 John 3:6)
7. John warns us that only those that are obedience to God’s Law are his true followers (1 John 3:7)
8. If someone is committing unrepentant sin they are following the devil and not God (1 John 3:7)
9. If you are born of God and abiding in him you will not commit sin (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10
10. It is the keeping of God’s commandments that is the difference between those that are following God and those that are not following God (1 John 3:10; 1 John 5:3)
11. It is only by Love through faith that we can keep God’s commandments (1 John 5:3-4)
12. God’s true believers in the end days will keep all of God’s commandments through faith in Jesus (Rev 14:12; 22:14)

James also affirms the 10 commandments…….

1. James says God’s Law (10 commandments) are a Royal Law (James 2:8)
2. If we break one of God’s commandments we a guilty before God as sinners breaking all of God’s Law and gave some examples of breaking God’s Law (James 2:9-11)
3. James says God’s Law is a law of liberty and freedom (James 2:12)
4. The 10 commandments (God’s Law) are the standard in the judgment (James 2:12)
5. If our faith does not have the fruit of obedience to God’s Law it is dead and not true faith (James 2:16-26)

Peter affirms the 10 commandments……..

1. Sanctification is to obedience to God’s Law (1 Pet 1:2)
2. We can only be changed from sin to obedience to God’s Law by the power of God and it will be revealed in the last days (1 Pet 1:5)
3. We should give up our sins to be holy because Jesus is holy (1 Pet 1:13-16)
4. Jesus is your example who did no sin (1 Pet 2:21-22)
5. Cease from sin and do not live in the flesh (1 Pet 4:1-3)
6. Judgement will begin at the house of God and sinners (those breaking God’s 10 commandments) will not be saved.
7. God has given us his precious promises and as we believe them God will grant us his divine power to live a life of Godliness (obedience to God’s Law; 2 Pet 1:2-4)
8. The Un-Godly (disobedient to God’s Law) will be like Sodom and Gomorrah (2 Pet 2:6)
9. If any turn away from God’s Law and are in unrepentant sin breaking any of God’10 commandments they will be lost (2 Pet 2:20-22)
10 God is not willing that any should perish but that everyone should come to repentance and turn away from sin to follow God’s 10 commandments because those that do not will receive the judgements of God (2 Pet 3:5-14)

What did Jesus and the Apostles teach about the Sabbath in the New Testament?

1. It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)
2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)
3. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28)
4. If you do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4)
5. It is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we are guilty or breaking all (James 2:8-12)
6. Breaking it is sin (1 John 3:4)
7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded (Rev 14:12; Rev 22:14; Eze 20:20)
8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matt 16:24; 1 Cor 11:1; Eph 5:1-21; Pet 2:20-22)
9. The Apostle kept the Sabbath (Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Rev 1:10)

God’s Law in the NC is written on our hearts it is through love and it is love the fulfils God’s Law in us as we walk not after the flesh but after the spirit and is why Jesus says f you love me keep my commandments. (John 14:15; John 15:10). If we knowingly break one of God’s commandments we commit sin (1 John 3:4). This includes the 7th Day Sabbath which Jesus made for us and commands us to keep as a holy day.

In Christ Always!
Why are you insisting the commandments of Jesus are those given to Israel in the desert?

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟265,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LoveGodsWord said:
Hi brother Fred, welcome and thanks for your comments.

I believe it is the lot of those who follow and believe the Word of God. Jesus tells us in his Word that many are called but few are chosen and that his people will only be a remnant who will be persecuted and hated by all nations for sharing his truth. They called the Apostles after the death of Jesus a cult and Jesus a devil in his day. Jesus said it would be the same for all those who believe and follow his Word.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts brother.

God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Thank you for this nice welcome. I had come to this Sabbath and Law forum previously, though not often. It was not because of what church I was in, or what they taught. It is more like what I hadn't heard taught. But there were Bible passages stating the things I wanted explained. The closest I heard for the value of the Sabbath for us is that it is good for us to have rest every seven days from our regular work, but it was not with saying it should be the seventh day, the Sabbath, as this was also a Sunday church, leaving it to be generally thought that any day for a seventh day would work as well if it was always that day of the week, but here it would be observed Sunday. So when I started in this forum, when it was started, I was mainly asking, to have answers for myself to consider. There was nothing to persuade me from resting in observance of the Sabbath, and in the Bible Yahweh said, it is holy, so what people do does not change that. Then, for us it would be meaning to observe its holiness, and, that praying on this day of rest is for coming to Yahweh, as a special time for it, through Christ making it possible for us, as Lord of the Sabbath. Christ supported this for the Sabbath, and said nothing of change for this, and what Christ's Apostles and followers said should not be understood to be contradicting Christ, and what is understood to contradict that would be mistaken, those things don't have to be understood in that way to conflict.

I learned what I could on my own. I didn't find a good church for observing things in this way. So I rest for this as I can at the time of Sabbath. I would do less, for this, but there is not much I do generally, but for errands and doing the writing that I do, regularly. So I feel that I should learn more to be observing that day.

ace of hearts said:
Why are you insisting the commandments of Jesus are those given to Israel in the desert?

I see that there are some who come to the faith asking, to others or just to themselves, what is the least that we have to change, for this faith, to be saved. I know, I was doing that too. But I learned, God loves us already, but not the way of people in the world, and wants us to change and desire to do that in the most thorough way we can for godliness. But it is personal growth and we are not to judge others in that.

I see commandments show the perfect will of Yahweh for the people of God (though not all Yahweh's perfect will, we have to look, in the way we are led, for that), and that there is sin going contrary to Yahweh's will that has been revealed to us. The commandments including the Sabbath are all taught, and shown to be observed in the new testament of the Bible, without it being contradicted, and nothing ever being said for it to stop, but still doing according to commandments is stated. The best you might say for something other from the Bible is where we are told not to judge others in such things. I don't see that observed so much by all others. That should be observed. It is our own personal response to Yahweh, there is good in learning that, but for each to go learning on their own.

LoveGodsWord said:
Who is ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT?

That is an interesting thing to bring up, that made me think about it again. There are those who say they are Jews but are not, mentioned in Revelation. This made me think again about it, as that is explained in different ways. But now I think I see, there are those saying they have the promises to Israel because they are Israel, while not obedient to commandments that they say are for Israel. Wow! I didn't think of that with this before.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If not keeping the sabbath is the same as murder, the Holy spirit wouldn't fill christians that do not keep it!, understand? not keeping the sabbath does not quench the Holy spirit... enough evidence for me!.

Also, 'some people regards one day as important others don't, each one do according to their conscience', if the sabbath was so important this shouldn't be in the bible! It would say, 'some people regards one day as important and other don't, except the sabbath which we must keep!'.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this nice welcome. I had come to this Sabbath and Law forum previously, though not often. It was not because of what church I was in, or what they taught. It is more like what I hadn't heard taught. But there were Bible passages stating the things I wanted explained. The closest I heard for the value of the Sabbath for us is that it is good for us to have rest every seven days from our regular work, but it was not with saying it should be the seventh day, the Sabbath, as this was also a Sunday church, leaving it to be generally thought that any day for a seventh day would work as well if it was always that day of the week, but here it would be observed Sunday. So when I started in this forum, when it was started, I was mainly asking, to have answers for myself to consider. There was nothing to persuade me from resting in observance of the Sabbath, and in the Bible Yahweh said, it is holy, so what people do does not change that. Then, for us it would be meaning to observe its holiness, and, that praying on this day of rest is for coming to Yahweh, as a special time for it, through Christ making it possible for us, as Lord of the Sabbath. Christ supported this for the Sabbath, and said nothing of change for this, and what Christ's Apostles and followers said should not be understood to be contradicting Christ, and what is understood to contradict that would be mistaken, those things don't have to be understood in that way to conflict.

I learned what I could on my own. I didn't find a good church for observing things in this way. So I rest for this as I can at the time of Sabbath. I would do less, for this, but there is not much I do generally, but for errands and doing the writing that I do, regularly. So I feel that I should learn more to be observing that day.

I see that there are some who come to the faith asking, to others or just to themselves, what is the least that we have to change, for this faith, to be saved. I know, I was doing that too. But I learned, God loves us already, but not the way of people in the world, and wants us to change and desire to do that in the most thorough way we can for godliness. But it is personal growth and we are not to judge others in that.

I see commandments show the perfect will of Yahweh for the people of God (though not all Yahweh's perfect will, we have to look, in the way we are led, for that), and that there is sin going contrary to Yahweh's will that has been revealed to us. The commandments including the Sabbath are all taught, and shown to be observed in the new testament of the Bible, without it being contradicted, and nothing ever being said for it to stop, but still doing according to commandments is stated. The best you might say for something other from the Bible is where we are told not to judge others in such things. I don't see that observed so much by all others. That should be observed. It is our own personal response to Yahweh, there is good in learning that, but for each to go learning on their own.

That is an interesting thing to bring up, that made me think about it again. There are those who say they are Jews but are not, mentioned in Revelation. This made me think again about it, as that is explained in different ways. But now I think I see, there are those saying they have the promises to Israel because they are Israel, while not obedient to commandments that they say are for Israel. Wow! I didn't think of that with this before.

Hello brother Fred, nice to see you again.

I really enjoyed reading your post and of your testimony and experience of your walk with JESUS. It was a blessing to me to read it and see how God has been teaching and guiding you brother so thanks very much for sharing your last post with us. It was a blessing to me and I am sure it will be for many others here.

It is indeed interesting tracing the origin of ISRAEL in both the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures. The name ISRAEL is a name given by GOD to his people. ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD where ever they may be. As long as you are living up to all the light of God's WORD that he has revealed to you then you are a part of GOD'S ISRAEL.

If you are interested let me know and I will post them here as there are some wonderful scriptures that I am happy to share with you on who God's ISRAEL is that have been a real blessing to me.

God bless.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If not keeping the sabbath is the same as murder, the Holy spirit wouldn't fill christians that do not keep it!, understand? not keeping the sabbath does not quench the Holy spirit... enough evidence for me!.

Also, 'some people regards one day as important others don't, each one do according to their conscience', if the sabbath was so important this shouldn't be in the bible! It would say, 'some people regards one day as important and other don't, except the sabbath which we must keep!'.

The answer to this brother NBB, is that it depends.

God has his people in EVERY Church *JOHN 10:16. As long as we have not rejected God's WORD as it is revealed to us through God's SPIRIT and have not hardened our hearts then we are God's people as long as we are living up to all the light that God has revealed to us through his Word*ACTS 17:30-31; JAMES 4:17.

If we reject God's WORD however to continue in SIN than God's WORD says we do not have God's SPIRIT and no longer know God *ACTS 5:32; ACTS 2:38; 1 JOHN 2:1-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; HEBREWS 10:26-27.

JESUS knows that many break his 4th COMMANDMENT *EXODUS 20:8-11 out of ignorance *ACTS 17:30 as they have been deceived by the teachings of the Mother Church but when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come he expects us to repent and follow him according to the WORD of GOD.

God has his people are in every church but the time has come where he is calling his people out to worship him in SPIRIT and in TRUTH *JOHN 4:24; REVELATION 18:1-5.

You quote ROMANS 14 but where does it mention God's 4th Commandment? The chapter is about food connected to days that men esteem over other day, not what days God esteems. In fact where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? Something to think about.

May God bless you brother as you seek him through his Word.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God has his people in EVERY Church *JOHN 10:16. As long as we have not rejected God's WORD as it is revealed to us through God's SPIRIT and have not hardened our hearts then we are God's people as long as we are living up to all the light that God has revealed to us through his Word*ACTS 17:30-31; JAMES 4:17.

If we reject God's WORD however to continue in SIN than God's WORD says we do not have God's SPIRIT and no longer know God *ACTS 5:32; ACTS 2:38; 1 JOHN 2:1-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; HEBREWS 10:26-27.

JESUS knows that many break his 4th COMMANDMENT *EXODUS 20:8-11 out of ignorance *ACTS 17:30 as they have been deceived by the teachings of the Mother Church but when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come he expects us to repent and follow him according to the WORD of GOD.

God has his people are in every church but the time has come where he is calling his people out to worship him in SPIRIT and in TRUTH *JOHN 4:24; REVELATION 18:1-5.

Having the filling of the Holy spirit, and keeping it, is a true demonstration that a person is being approved by God, and that person i assure can worship in spirit and truth.

That wouldn't happen if keeping the sabbath is the same as murder for christians.

'One person steems one day over the other others don't, each one do according to their conscience'.

• Agree
Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And if you do some gross sin you are quenching the spirit and offending God, if you know it is a sin or not know it is sin is the same, you are offending.

But the Holy spirit in christians can be totally fine if you don't keep the sabbath, why if it is the same as adultery etc...? why?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

How are Christians obligated to the Old Covenant that Moses says are the Ten Commandments in Deut 4:13?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You quote ROMANS 14 but where does it mention God's 4th Commandment? The chapter is about food connected to days that men esteem over other day, not what days God esteems. In fact where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? Something to think about.

Where is the obligation of the Christian to keep the sabbath mentioned in the New Testament?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Having the filling of the Holy spirit, and keeping it, is a true demonstration that a person is being approved by God, and that person i assure can worship in spirit and truth.

That wouldn't happen if keeping the sabbath is the same as murder for christians.

'One person steems one day over the other others don't, each one do according to their conscience'.

Hello brother NBB, you are only repeating yourself here and have ignored all the scriptures in the previous post to you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And if you do some gross sin you are quenching the spirit and offending God, if you know it is a sin or not know it is sin is the same, you are offending.

But the Holy spirit in christians can be totally fine if you don't keep the sabbath, why if it is the same as adultery etc...? why?

Not really brother. As Christians we are all learning. We start off as babes in Christ and grow as we learn more from the WORD of God. For example when we are a new believer we may have had a problem committing adultery but now we come to Christ confess our sins and repent and are forgiven by Faith *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; EXODUS 20:14; 1 JOHN 1:9. But latter as we learn God's WORD we see that adultery is not just the outward act it is the very inward throught of it and making those thoughts our own is committing the sin of Adultery *MATTHEW 5:20; 27-28. God's WORD teaches as we are growing in faith and continuing in God's WORD *JOHN 8:31-34 in times of ignorance God winks at until we receive a KNOWLEDGE of the truth. At this time God expects us to BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If we harden our heart we resist and grieve God's SPIRIT and stand before God guilty of Sin and need to seek God in repentance and forgiveness before we have God's SPIRIT.

ACTS 17:30-31 [30], And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands all men every where to repent: [31], Because he has appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he has ordained; whereof he has given assurance to all men, in that he has raised him from the dead.

JAMES 4:17 [17] Therefore to him that knows to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin.

HEBREWS 10:26-27
[26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,
[27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Sorry brother NBB, God's WORD disagrees with you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.