JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
WHAT DID JESUS AND THE APOSTLES TEACH ABOUT GOD’S LAW
(the scriptures below are no where near exhaustive)

Jesus taught the 10 commandments…..

1. Jesus kept God’s Law (10 commandments) and said the Law and the prophets would not pass away (Matt 5:17-18)
You're already getting off on the wrong foot. Your reference no such thing as you claim. If it did Luke 16:16 would be a lie. No small wonder why the unchurched say the religious people are foolish.

Why should any read further when your opener is clearly wrong?
2. Jesus taught others to follow the 10 commandments (Mark 10:17-21)
Why didn't you include the full story also recorded in Mat 19? Is it so you can defend your false idea salvation requires keeping the law? Verse 22 says - And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

Doesn't this reveal the fact he didn't keep the law as claimed. Doesn't it also reveal no one does in accordance with Psalms 14:3? Why do you think you can do what the Scripture says you don't and can't?
3. Jesus taught that Love is the fulfilling (doing) of God’s Law (10 commandments Matt 22:36-40)
Oh where does your reference say that?
4. If we break God’s Law by following man-made traditions we are not following God (Matt 15:3-9)
Nothing but an effort to condemn here. We're not obligated to the law given to Israel. We have the New Covenant which is unlike the covenant given on stone.

Why should I continue with your deception and foolishness?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. The Sabbath commandment is. This is irrefutable
I should have said mention of the sabbath or the 4th commandment isn't proof any one outside of Israel should keep the sabbath.
2. God says it will be for all mankind for all eternity after the cross in Isaiah 66:23 in the New Earth "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND become before Me to worship" ... irrefutable.
What does the word "from" mean? I read all mankind shall worship God all week. I don't see anything about "on" as you infer.
3. Jesus again reminds His followers (which we are ) that "The Sabbath was made for mankind" Mark 2:27.
Why doesn't Moses tell us that? Why did God wait 2,000 or more years to tell us?
4. Paul reminds us "what matters is keeping the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19
Why of course. Maybe that's why Paul said "we are now delivered from the law" specifically the famous 10 by mentioning the 10th (coveting) in verse 7.
5. The Commandments of God are the ones were "the fifth commandment is the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2
So what.
you just contradicted your own statement.
Sorry, but I think you're wrong.
1. Its in the "law and the prophets" which is what Jesus was using in Luke 24 after the cross.
Just another partial to promote a false teaching. Here's the whole verse you took your partial quote from -

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

This is a direct reference to Mat 5.
2. Moses never writes that the gentiles are not supposed to take God's name in vain.
Where?
Creative writing is not "proof" of doctrine.
Yes that's exactly what you do.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You're already getting off on the wrong foot. Your reference no such thing as you claim. If it did Luke 16:16 would be a lie. No small wonder why the unchurched say the religious people are foolish.Why should any read further when your opener is clearly wrong?

Nope God's WORD is true it is your interpretation of Luke 16:16 that is the problem brother. JESUS was speaking in the present tense of the time of JOHN the BAPTIST stating that the Law and the prophets were until John. He is not saying God's LAW is abolished as JESUS says in v17-18 that you leave out...

LUKE 16:17-18 [17], And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one pronunciation mark of the law to fail. [18], Whoever puts away his wife, and marries another, commits adultery: and whoever marries her that is put away from her husband commits adultery.

links to what JESUS says here..

MATTHEW 5:17-28
[17], Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
[18], For truly I say to you, Till heaven and earth pass, one stroke or one pronunciation mark shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
[19], Whoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
[20], For I say to you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[21], You have heard that it was said of them of old time, You shall not kill; and whoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
[22], But I say to you, That whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
[23], Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has ought against you;
[24], Leave there your gift before the altar, and go your way; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
[25], Agree with your adversary quickly, whiles you are in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver you to the judge, and the judge deliver you to the officer, and you be cast into prison.
[26], Truly I say to you, You shall by no means come out there, till you have paid the uttermost farthing.
[27], You have heard that it was said by them of old time, You shall not commit adultery:
[28], But I say to you, That whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Yep JESUS is applying God's LAW from the inside out.

Can you see your error here brother?

Why didn't you include the full story also recorded in Mat 19? Is it so you can defend your false idea salvation requires keeping the law? Verse 22 says - And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions. Doesn't this reveal the fact he didn't keep the law as claimed. Doesn't it also reveal no one does in accordance with Psalms 14:3? Why do you think you can do what the Scripture says you don't and can't?

MARK 10:17-21. was quoted as a reference scripture to show what JESUS taught in reference to the question that was asked of him which was "What good thing shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? Jesus answer was keeping the Commandments. The point the was being made was the response to the question being asked of JESUS. The question was answered by JESUS saying that in order to inherit enternal life you must keep God's Commandments and that is why the scripture was quoted in support of the OP which was that JESUS supported the keeping of God's Commandments. Now wheather the rich young ruler kept them or not is a different subject. The outcome however remains the same to JESUS answering his question. Which ever way you want to say it JESUS says you cannot have eternal life without keeping God's Commandments brother because they wages of sin is death in all those who reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

Also brother this is only sent in love but why do you make claims that no one has ever said to you? Where have I ever once stated we get our salvation from keeping God's LAW? If I have never said such things why do you make false claims pretending I have said this or think this way? This is simply being dishonest and sad for you especially when I have already stated to you many times now that we are only saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves, it is a gift of God and not of Works lest any man should boast *EPHESIANS 2:8. I will leave that between you and God. I have already forgiven you.

Oh where does your reference say that?

MATTHEW 22:40 ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS (Love to God and man) HANG ALL THE LAW and the prophets. Happy to share the scriptures showing that LOVE is the very expression of OBEDIENCE to God's LAW through faith. Just let me know?

Nothing but an effort to condemn here. We're not obligated to the law given to Israel. We have the New Covenant which is unlike the covenant given on stone. Why should I continue with your deception and foolishness?

If you feel condemned brother through the scriptures provided to you this was not my intent as I do not judge you. If you feel the Spirit speaking to you praise God as God is guiding you. The scripture quoted here is God's WORD not mine in MATTHEW 15:3-9. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope God's WORD is true it is your interpretation of Luke 16:16 that is the problem brother. JESUS was speaking in the present tense of the time of JOHN the BAPTIST stating that the Law and the prophets were until John. He is not saying God's LAW is abolished as JESUS says in v17-18 that you leave out...

LUKE 16:17-18 [17], And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one pronunciation mark of the law to fail. [18], Whoever puts away his wife, and marries another, commits adultery: and whoever marries her that is put away from her husband commits adultery.
Essentially you use Luke against himself. Luke didn't say the law failed. Jesus said He came to fulfill the law. You claim we need to fulfill the law. The Scripture says we don't and can't.
links to what JESUS says here..

MATTHEW 5:17-28
[17], Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
[18], For truly I say to you, Till heaven and earth pass, one stroke or one pronunciation mark shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
[19], Whoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
[20], For I say to you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[21], You have heard that it was said of them of old time, You shall not kill; and whoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
[22], But I say to you, That whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
[23], Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has ought against you;
[24], Leave there your gift before the altar, and go your way; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
[25], Agree with your adversary quickly, whiles you are in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver you to the judge, and the judge deliver you to the officer, and you be cast into prison.
[26], Truly I say to you, You shall by no means come out there, till you have paid the uttermost farthing.
[27], You have heard that it was said by them of old time, You shall not commit adultery:
[28], But I say to you, That whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Back to brother Luke again - And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

That covers my bases.
Yep JESUS is applying God's LAW from the inside out.

Can you see your error here brother?
No and you don't explain my error. You do use the Bible against itself though.
MARK 10:17-21. was quoted as a reference scripture to show what JESUS taught in reference to the question that was asked of him which was "What good thing shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? Jesus answer was keeping the Commandments. The point the was being made was the response to the question being asked of JESUS. The question was answered by JESUS saying that in order to inherit enternal life you must keep God's Commandments and that is why the scripture was quoted in support of the OP which was that JESUS supported the keeping of God's Commandments. Now wheather the rich young ruler kept them or not is a different subject. The outcome however remains the same to JESUS answering his question. Which ever way you want to say it JESUS says you cannot have eternal life without keeping God's Commandments brother because they wages of sin is death in all those who reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.
Jesus didn't teach keeping the law for salvation as I showed you by what the man did supporting my idea with OT Scripture.
Also brother this is only sent in love but why do you make claims that no one has ever said to you? Where have I ever once stated we get our salvation from keeping God's LAW? If I have never said such things why do you make false claims pretending I have said this or think this way? This is simply being dishonest and sad for you especially when I have already stated to you many times now that we are only saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves, it is a gift of God and not of Works lest any man should boast *EPHESIANS 2:8. I will leave that between you and God. I have already forgiven you.
Why do you try to waste my time looking for your post stating such. I'm sure I already responded to it. You should read your posts and ask why yourself why would I say such a thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@ace of hearts there are some posts and scriptures you have ignored on what the OLD COVENANT is linked and the 10 commandments in 1 JOHN 2 linked that you asked for as well as your question on why you cannot have salvation without obedience to God's LAW through faith in God's WORD linked as well as some other posts. You do not have to respond to them if you are not able to. I hope they are helpful

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.
Sorry that simply isn't true. I don't have your mind set to misread Scripture. Anywhere the word commandment(s) appears you read famous 10 commandments. That simply isn't the case.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Essentially you use Luke against himself. Luke didn't say the law failed. Jesus said He came to fulfill the law. You claim we need to fulfill the law. The Scripture says we don't and can't.

Nope not at all. Luke is very clear what he is talking about as are all the four gospels. The context was simply added in the surrounding scruptures of LUKE 16:16 to show that your interpretation is in error and LUKE is not talking about abolishing God's LAW. If that were the case JESUS in all the gospels would not be telling us to keep it and saying that he had not come to destrory God's LAW. It is not me that says we need to fulfill God's LAW it is God's WORD *ROMANS 13:8-10; ROMANS 3:31. We cannot do so however without being born again to walk in God's SPIRIT *1 JOHN 3:3-10; GALATIONS 5:16

Back to brother Luke again - And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. That covers my bases.

Actually no it does not cover your bases. All the surrounding scriptures in all the Gospels show you leave out context and apply an interpretation to LUKE 16:16 that it is not saying. If you wish to ignore the same passage of scripture in MATTHEW 5:17-28 showing what JESUS is saying in detial or if you wish to look soley at the CONTEXT you leave out in LUKE 16:16-18 it really makes no difference.

JESUS is still showing God's LAW has not been abolished which is how you are interpreting v16 because you are leaving out the scripture context.

Jesus didn't teach keeping the law for salvation as I showed you by what the man did supporting my idea with OT Scripture.

Actually no I am not saying what you are saying. Quoting the rich young ruler was only to show that if you break God's LAW (SIN) and live a life of known unrepentant sin you do not know God and will not enter the kingdom of Heaven *1 JOHN 2:3-4; HEBREWS 10:26-27. Leaving out the rest of the post and scriptures that were posted to you show that in order to follow God and have salvation we must BELIEVE God's WORD *JOHN 5:24. It is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We need to be born again to LOVE in order to walk in God's SPIRIT and follow him *1 JOHN 3:3-10; GALATIONS 5:16. This is the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Unless we are born again to LOVE we will not see the kingdom of heaven *JOHN 3:3-7.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry that simply isn't true. I don't have your mind set to misread Scripture. Anywhere the word commandment(s) appears you read famous 10 commandments. That simply isn't the case.

That statement simply has no truth in it. It is the within scripture and chapter context that determines if God's 10 commandments are the subject matter. This has been demonstrated to you in some different passages of scripture you have simply chosen to ignore and not respond to. I will leave that between you and God.

Upvote 0

UnprofitableServant

ThyWillBeDone
Dec 10, 2018
Hollywood
✟44,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is a little curve ball in what is being shared. Is Jesus' law the same as Moses' law? If I follow Jesus' law without following Moses' law, would I be considered not obeying God's law?

I think the answer to this question can help put things into perspective when the new testament talks about 'following the law'.

In peace

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here is a little curve ball in what is being shared. Is Jesus' law the same as Moses' law? If I follow Jesus' law without following Moses' law, would I be considered not obeying God's law?

I think the answer to this question can help put things into perspective when the new testament talks about 'following the law'.

In peace

Hello brother UnprofitableServant,

Welcome to CF and nice to meet you and appreciate your thoughts. If JESUS is LORD of the SABBATH that he made for mankind (Creator of heaven and earth *MARK 2:27-28; MATTHEW 12:8; JOHN 1:1-4; 14) whose commandments do you think the 10 commandments are? If JESUS and the Father are one why would you think they have different commandments?

As posted elsewhere God's eternal LAW (10 commandments) in the OLD and NEW COVENANT gives us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

If we have no KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is than we have no need of a Savior. If we have no need need of a Saviour we have no salvation. If we have no salvation we are lost.

JESUS says; They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick but go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance *MATTHEW 9:13.

If you have no LAW and no knowledge of what sin is you have no Gospel. Thanks for sharing your thoughts brother and welcome.

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UnprofitableServant

ThyWillBeDone
Dec 10, 2018
Hollywood
✟44,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello brother UnprofitableServant,

Welcome to CF and nice to meet you and appreciate your thoughts. If JESUS is LORD of the SABBATH that he made for mankind (Creator of heaven and earth *MARK 2:27-28; MATTHEW 12:8; JOHN 1:1-4; 14) whose commandments do you think the 10 commandments are?

As posted elsewhere God's eternal LAW (10 commandments) in the OLD and NEW COVENANT gives us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

If we have no KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is than we have no need of a Savior. If we have no need need of a Saviour we have no salvation. If we have no salvation we are lost.

JESUS says; They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick but go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance *MATTHEW 9:13.

If you have no LAW and no knowledge of what sin is you have no Gospel. Thanks for sharing your thoughts brother and welcome.

God bless

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I think we must take a deeper look in what the LAW is. As pointed out, the 10 commandments was God law, but when Jesus came, He gave a more fulfilled version of the law. Therefore, that rendered the old law void. Not because it is bad or wrong, rather it has no relevance once the fulfillment came into effect. IF we follow Jesus; law, then we follow the OT law in ALL it's entirety.

It is like if you had a contract that states," once you fulfill your requirement and pay me 'X' amount of money, then I will do this service for you". You then go and 'fulfill' this requirement by giving the person "X" amount of money and then they do you the service. What happens to the contract? Isn't it made void after the amount is paid and the job finished?

Similarly, once Jesus came and fulfilled the law, He gave us a new law that God wants us to follow. This new law being everything that Jesus taught and did during His ministry. Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. Therefore, everything Jesus did was exactly what God wants us to do, in order to follow God. Since we both can agree that Jesus followed God perfectly, then we can also agree that if we want to follow the best version of the law, then we must follow Jesus.

I just want to be clear. I am not promoting a lawless idea of Christianity; rather I am saying what Jesus says takes precedence to what any other Bible writer has written. Not because they are wrong, thought some are, but because Jesus showed us the fullness of God in all His glory. THAT, is the person I want to imitate.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

In peace

index.jpeg

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi brother UnprofitableServant, no problem always good to make new friends in the Lord. Some comments for your consideration below.

I think we must take a deeper look in what the LAW is. As pointed out, the 10 commandments was God law, but when Jesus came, He gave a more fulfilled version of the law.

God's LAW (10 Commandments) according to the scriptures in the OLD and NEW testament as shown earlier have the same role they always have and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. JESUS came to show us using God's LAW and that the application of these scriptures have a deeper meaning to show us that we need to be clean from the inside out *MATTHEW 5:17-28. This being said it is not anything new to the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures but something perhaps not very well understood by many.

PSALMS 119:96 I have seen an end to all perfection, but Your commandment is without limit.

Applied to the heart (inside out) as shown in the previous post shows we are all sinners in need of a Saviour the true Physician who can only save us from our sickness of sin. This is why we need to be born again to enter into God's NEW COVENANT of GRACE. *EPHESIANS 2:8; JOHN 3:3-7; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

Therefore, that rendered the old law void. Not because it is bad or wrong, rather it has no relevance once the fulfillment came into effect.

MATTHEW 5 does not render the 10 Commandments Void it amplifies their application to the inside out (thoughts and feelings) *MATTHEW 5:17-28 to show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and need to be Born again in order to receive the NEW COVENANT promise to love *ROMANS 3:19-20; HEBREWS 8:10-12. God's LAW gives us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. It is the mirror that shows us who we are *JAMES 1:23 that leads us to Christ that we might be forgiven by Faith *GALATIONS 3:22-25 to be free to walk in his Spirit of LOVE *GALATIANS 5:16. It is God's NEW COVENANT promise of LOVE that fulfills God's LAW in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD *HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 13:8-10; MATTHEW 22:36-40.

IF we follow Jesus; law, then we follow the OT law in ALL it's entirety.

JESUS does not have a separate law there is only the OLD and NEW COVENANTS but you are partly correct brother as LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW and the very expression of it. That is why JESUS says on these two great commandments of LOVE to GOD and MAN hang all the law and the prophets *MATTHEW 22:36-40.

Jesus came and fulfilled the law, He gave us a new law that God wants us to follow. This new law being everything that Jesus taught and did during His ministry. Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. Therefore, everything Jesus did was exactly what God wants us to do, in order to follow God. Since we both can agree that Jesus followed God perfectly, then we can also agree that if we want to follow the best version of the law, then we must follow Jesus.

Brother you know it is interesting as you study the scriptures you see that in the days of JESUS and the APOSTLES their bible was the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures. EVERYTHING we have in the NEW TESTAMENT comes from the OLD TESTAMENT. Together the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures are the two great witnesses that make up the Word of God that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation for mankind. If JESUS did not fulfill all of God's LAW than he could not be our perfect sacrifice for sin and mankind would be lost. The GOOD NEWS of the Gospel however is that we have a Saviour that saves us from sin (breaking God's Commandments) not in sin *JOHN 8:31-36; ROMANS 3:31 in those who are Born again to LOVE *1 JOHN 3:3-10. This is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:10; 1 JOHN 2:3-4.

I just want to be clear. I am not promoting a lawless idea of Christianity; rather I am saying what Jesus says takes precedence to what any other Bible writer has written. Not because they are wrong, thought some are, but because Jesus showed us the fullness of God in all His glory. THAT, is the person I want to imitate. Hope this clears up any confusion. In peace

Don't worry brother I am enjoying our discussing. I did not think you were trying to promote lawlessness (breaking God's law). For me though I believe both the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures are the two great witnesses that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW TESTAMENT and together these both make up the Word of God. If you do not understand the OLD Testament scriptures that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW Testament how can you understand the NEW Testament when everything written in the New Testament comes from the OLD Testament scriptures? Together these are the Word of God that we should believe and follow.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts brother.

God bless.

Upvote 0

UnprofitableServant

ThyWillBeDone
Dec 10, 2018
Hollywood
✟44,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi brother UnprofitableServant, no problem always good to make new friends in the Lord. Some comments for your consideration below./QUOTE]
Thanks for that reply. I don't have anything more to add, but I do have a question. What, or should I say WHO, is the Word of God?
In peace

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Oops, I seem to have messed up my last reply, and made it looked like what I shared was coming from you. Sorry about that.

Hi brother UnprofitableServant,

No worries and no need to apologise. Sometimes the formatting can be tricky until you get use to it sometimes.

May God bless you brother as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi brother UnprofitableServant, no problem always good to make new friends in the Lord. Some comments for your consideration below.

God's LAW (10 Commandments) according to the scriptures in the OLD and NEW testament as shown earlier have the same role they always have and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. JESUS came to show us using God's LAW and that the application of these scriptures have a deeper meaning to show us that we need to be clean from the inside out *MATTHEW 5:17-28. This being said it is not anything new to the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures but something perhaps not very well understood by many.

PSALMS 119:96 I have seen an end to all perfection, but Your commandment is without limit.

Applied to the heart (inside out) as shown in the previous post shows we are all sinners in need of a Saviour the true Physician who can only save us from our sickness of sin. This is why we need to be born again to enter into God's NEW COVENANT of GRACE. *EPHESIANS 2:8; JOHN 3:3-7; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

MATTHEW 5 does not render the 10 Commandments Void it amplifies their application to the inside out (thoughts and feelings) *MATTHEW 5:17-28 to show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and need to be Born again in order to receive the NEW COVENANT promise to love *ROMANS 3:19-20; HEBREWS 8:10-12. God's LAW gives us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. It is the mirror that shows us who we are *JAMES 1:23 that leads us to Christ that we might be forgiven by Faith *GALATIONS 3:22-25 to be free to walk in his Spirit of LOVE *GALATIANS 5:16. It is God's NEW COVENANT promise of LOVE that fulfills God's LAW in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD *HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 13:8-10; MATTHEW 22:36-40.

JESUS does not have a separate law there is only the OLD and NEW COVENANTS but you are partly correct brother as LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW and the very expression of it. That is why JESUS says on these two great commandments of LOVE to GOD and MAN hang all the law and the prophets *MATTHEW 22:36-40.

Brother you know it is interesting as you study the scriptures you see that in the days of JESUS and the APOSTLES their bible was the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures. EVERYTHING we have in the NEW TESTAMENT comes from the OLD TESTAMENT. Together the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures are the two great witnesses that make up the Word of God that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation for mankind. If JESUS did not fulfill all of God's LAW than he could not be our perfect sacrifice for sin and mankind would be lost. The GOOD NEWS of the Gospel however is that we have a Saviour that saves us from sin (breaking God's Commandments) not in sin *JOHN 8:31-36; ROMANS 3:31 in those who are Born again to LOVE *1 JOHN 3:3-10. This is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:10; 1 JOHN 2:3-4.

Don't worry brother I am enjoying our discussing. I did not think you were trying to promote lawlessness (breaking God's law). For me though I believe both the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures are the two great witnesses that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW TESTAMENT and together these both make up the Word of God. If you do not understand the OLD Testament scriptures that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW Testament how can you understand the NEW Testament when everything written in the New Testament comes from the OLD Testament scriptures? Together these are the Word of God that we should believe and follow.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts brother.

God bless.
Either you're very mixed up or are purposefully mixing things up to confuse others.

I'll get to your chain of posts on Romans 7 by this week end, hopefully.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Either you're very mixed up or are purposefully mixing things up to confuse others.

I'll get to your chain of posts on Romans 7 by this week end, hopefully.

Let me know when you have any scriptures to share brother. All I am hearing here is your words over God's WORD and your asking we should believe you why? There is a lot of scripture posted that disagrees with you. May God help you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for that reply. I don't have anything more to add, but I do have a question. What, or should I say WHO, is the Word of God? In peace

JESUS is the living WORD of God of course brother *JOHN 1:1-4; 14 who has given us his written Word. It is an interesting study looking at the Word of God and the power of creation and recreation in salvation. Have you considered this?

Upvote 0

UnprofitableServant

ThyWillBeDone
Dec 10, 2018
Hollywood
✟44,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

JESUS is the living WORD of God of course brother *JOHN 1:1-4; 14 who has given us his written Word. It is an interesting study looking at the Word of God and the power of creation and recreation in salvation. Have you considered this?

I agree. Jesus is the Word of God. While I agree we can find God's will through what is written in the Bible. I, also, think we can broaden our way of thinking to hear God speak to us in many different ways. I think God is bigger than just what is written in the Bible, and as you mentioned, He is LIVING; therefore, He can still communicate and teach us TODAY, if only we were still enough to hear that still small voice in our conscience, and open enough to hear what we don't want to hear. Food for thought... Why is it that God always introduced himself by saying, "Fear Not"?
Just to be clear, I believe the Bible and what is written, but I think sometimes we try to put God in parameters, when He is much bigger than that. Also, anything I believe MUST line up with the cornerstone (i.e., Jesus). If I build any of my beliefs apart from what Jesus taught when He came into this world to share God's will for us, then I am, as Jesus said, building my house on sand, rather than the ROCK of His teachings; as explained through the four gospels of Jesus' 3 year ministry.

In peace

• Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let me know when you have any scriptures to share brother. All I am hearing here is your words over God's WORD and your asking we should believe you why? There is a lot of scripture posted that disagrees with you. May God help you as you seek him through his Word.
Why? you dismiss the words of Luke "The law and the prophets were until John..."

I'd really love to see you explain how that is misrepresentation or twisting Luke's words.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.