JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Pharisaic religion is sadly as a live today as it was in Jesus day. The religious demanding of you what they do not demand of themselves. They make pat statements from their heads that have no bearing on the reality of their own lives. And they delight in false humility. Scripture warns us against wolves coming in sheeps clothing. The wolves of Jesus day demanded of others what they did not demand of themselves. They cleaned the outside of the cup, and demanded obedience to a high standard, but they themselves could only obey outwardly, not inwardly.
So it is today sadly among many. They will attend church services immaculately dressed, making pat statements and quoting the letter of scripture. They do not drink, smoke, use foul language, they tithe their money and often fast. They may even do some good deeds. All of this the Pharisees of Jesus day would have done veery well indeed. But on the inside it was a very different matter.
Demanding of others what you do not demand of yourself is breaking the second most important commandment. Love thy neighbour as thyself. The Love of God is also neglected in such an approach. The two commandments upon which the entire law hangs are put aside, as people, in reality(despite false words of humility) try and show others they have been good enough to attain to heaven
I think often about posting this from 2 Corinthians:

11 Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.

12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 5:17-18, “Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to complete. For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one yod or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.”
We read this often here. What are you implying with it? Are you denying Luke 24:44 and other passages like Hebrews 7:12 proving jots and tittles of the law have indeed changed.

Revelation 21:1-2, “And I saw a renewed heaven and a renewed earth, for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. And I, Yoḥanan, saw the set-apart city, renewed Yerushalayim, coming down out of the heaven from Yah, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”
What is your point?

Hebrews 10:16, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says YHWH: I will put My Law into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them.”
What is that covenant? Isn't it talked about in the verse following your quoted text?

Mattithyah 24:12, "And because iniquity will abound, the love of the many will grow cold."
What is your point?

“iniquity” is word # G458 - anomia Strong's Concordance, lawlessness, Short Definition: lawlessness, iniquity, Definition: lawlessness, iniquity, disobedience, sin

"iniquity" is: #0458 anomia {an-om-ee'-ah} from G0459
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) the condition of without law 1a) because ignorant of it1b) because of violating it, 2) contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness
Iniquity is defined as "immoral or grossly unfair behavior." This would include your definition of law violation.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These same questions I think are applicable here ......

1. Do you know what unrepentant sin is?
2. Is someone living in a life of unrepentant sin in a saved state or an unsaved state before God?
3. If someone is living a life of unrepentant sin and they are in not in a saved state before God do they have the Holy Spirit of not?

Once again I do not expect you to answer these questions. )

I wil write this in emboldened type, so hopefully you may understand it:

A while back you and I, discussed at great length unrepentant sin in another of your threads. Your questions were there answered in the debate. So it is dishonest of you to say now you do not expect me to answer the questions. It is possible I guess you suffer from a medical condition that causes you to have memory loss, so you cannot rtecall past conversations. If that is the case, my sincere condolences.
I would suggest you scour through our past conversations concerning this subject, and you are welcome to copy/paste the discussion to this thread. I am not going to do that for you, as it is obvious you are simply trying to deflect from the uncomfortable position you now find yourself in based on your comments, and the scripture I have posted. I wont aid you in your attempted deflection.
Also, as your questions have been previously addressed, and the subject much discussed, I don't see why I should repost everything I have previously written

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is Acts 15 a be all end of list of instructions? or is baisc guidelines for entering a congregation? If it is the entire list there are many things that Yahshua/Jesus said not to do thatwould be ok...

Also wasnt there something about not eating blood? Is that honored today? or is that trown out too?
The point of Acts 15 is converts to Christianity weren't required to keep the law as required by the pharisees.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no mess friend. We either believe God's Word or we do not. This was the purpose of post 762 linked above and the many other posts from God's Word. The questions were simple enough did you answer them? If you answered them for yourself it would be a blessing to you.

From my understanding of what you have been saying in your posts is that you believe that someone can receive God's Spirit while living in a life of unrepentant sin and also still be saved to enter into God's Kingdom. God's Word does not teach this. If that is not what you believe please answer the questions so I know what you believe...

1. Do you know what unrepentant sin is?
2. Is someone living in a life of unrepentant sin in a saved state or an unsaved state before God?
3. If someone professing to be a Christian is living a life of unrepentant sin and they are not in a saved state before God do they have the Holy Spirit?

At the very least answer them for yourself. I am happy to share the scriptures if that is useful

May God bless you are you seek him through His Word...
So lets get back to the issue at hand. Your statements that if a person commits knowing sin they are condemned by the law, they are not following after the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit does not dwell in them.
It seems to be prevelant among sda members that they can sin without knowing they are sinning, and this concerning the TC from what I have seen. As I have many times told you, this was my experience of sda members, and I gave you the example of them taking the Lords name in vain, unaware they committed sin by doing so. You also, an sda member appear to believe you can commit sin without being convicted you are doing so.
I don't have such a luxury I'm afraid. I cannot commit blatant, wilfull sin and not be convicted I have sinned. And I will explain to you why.
When I responded to an altar call, in accordance with the core terms of the NC, the law God desired me to follow was written on my mind and placed on my heart by the Holy Spirit, I had been born again. Obviously, what was placed in my mind, I in my mind had to know. Therefore, I had to be convicted of sin, when I wilfully transgressed what was in my mind. But apparently this does not apply to seventh day adventists, or at least a great number of their members.
As I can only commit knowing sin, you are telling me that any sin I commit brings condemnation from the law, means I cannot be in a saved state, for the Holy Spirit no longer dwells in me.
You may reason however you choose to try and avoid the obvious truth of the matter, but that is clear proof(not that anymore was needed) that righteousness to you is observing the law. Obey the law or you are condemned by it. That is the prevelant belief I found among sda members I personally knew.
No need to say anymore is there. Clearly you have no real understanding of the core Gospel message, primarily written by the person who wrote half the books of the NT
But then, as you believe you are without sin, the bible tells us the truth is not in you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I wil write this in emboldened type, so hopefully you may understand it:

A while back you and I, discussed at great length unrepentant sin in another of your threads. Your questions were there answered in the debate. So it is dishonest of you to say now you do not expect me to answer the questions. It is possible I guess you suffer from a medical condition that causes you to have memory loss, so you cannot rtecall past conversations. If that is the case, my sincere condolences. I would suggest you scour through our past conversations concerning this subject, and you are welcome to copy/paste the discussion to this thread. I am not going to do that for you, as it is obvious you are simply trying to deflect from the uncomfortable position you now find yourself in based on your comments, and the scripture I have posted. I wont aid you in your attempted deflection. Also, as your questions have been previously addressed, and the subject much discussed, I don't see why I should repost everything I have previously written

Stuart you never did answer my question to my memory. If you or anyone else would like to post it again or answer it here then that would be great. Here is the question again with some additional ones;

1. Is someone living in a life of unrepentant sin in a saved state or an unsaved state before God?

If someone professing to be a Christian is living a life of unrepentant sin and they are not in a saved state before God do they have the Holy Spirit?

3. Where in the bible does it say that God's 4th commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Thanks again.......

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Stuart you never did answer my question to my memory. If you or anyone else would like to post it again or answer it here then that would be great. Here is the question again with some additional ones;

1. Is someone living in a life of unrepentant sin in a saved state or an unsaved state before God?
What is this life of unrepentant sin you're talking about? Is it any of the crimes (sins) listed in this forum? If so why is the sin implied here not listed and why aren't you in compliance? Is all unrepentant sin a violation of the law or just doesn't apply to you? We can discuss this issue if you like.

If someone professing to be a Christian is living a life of unrepentant sin and they are not in a saved state before God do they have the Holy Spirit?
I think this is poorly worded or purposely worded so as not not to violate a rule. Either way I read it as a poor or misstatement.
3. Where in the bible does it say that God's 4th commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?
This is a double question you need to separate for an answer. It is also a legalism question really implying obligation to observe a religious holy day not existing in the new covenant. The holy day you ask about is abolished (done away with) by the statements of Jeremiah 31:31-33 combined with the statement of Jesus found in Luke 22:20. The word "new" in both references imply no previous existence. "Kainos" in Luke means:
  1. new
    1. as respects form
      1. recently made, fresh, recent, unused, unworn
    2. as respects substance
      1. of a new kind, unprecedented, novel, uncommon, unheard of
It's the same word used in Hebrews 8:8. why the word testament is used in Luke and covenant in Hebrews, I've no idea. It is the same word in the Greek text written by the renowned Jewish scholar, Paul. I accept the Greek text as inspired by God. Peter places the writing of Paul on the level of scripture in 2 Peter 3:16.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Anything that is breaking God'd Law (10 commandments) that you continue to break and have not repented from.
So what are you talking about must not apply to you. Or are you really talking about your amended version of the ten commandments?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN - GOD'S WORD vs TRADITIONS OF MEN

The very same topics that we discuss here was also discussed in the day of Jesus. The mainstream preachers of Christ's time all claimed to be Children of God because their claim was that they were the Children of Abraham right?

JOHN 8
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how say thou, Ye shall be made free?

They claimed belief on the God of Abraham, they claimed to be in bondage to no man. But what did Jesus tell them...............?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin.
I just can't grasp your posting this self condemnation.
39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Which are what? compliance with the ten commandments. This is impossible (see Deuteronomy 5:3)
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Why do you misread this statement of the Jews? It's a blatant statement Jesus is the son of sin.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
It really seems to me you're calling people here sons of the devil.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Here I believe you're referring to yourself and not Jesus. Your posts don't line up with the words of Jesus. Yes i know I didn't post quotes from your posts as proof. anyone who's interested can review them.
There is more on this engagement between Jesus and the Mainstream God of Abraham preachers of His time in John 8.

Certainly the Pharisees studied the bible as it existed then. AS did Jesus.
Yes they did. their handicap is they're not God. Jesus is.
Luke 24:27
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Yet these two factions, Jesus and the Mainstream preachers of His time had almost opposite understandings of the Bible.

It is fair to say not all Jews of that time had the same understanding as the Mainstream Preachers.
True, some of them believed Jesus.
Luke 1:5
There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

So there seems to be a trend here.

The Mainstream Preachers claimed to be God's people, they read God's Words, yet they "Transgressed the Commandments of God by their own doctrines and traditions." (Matthew 15:3-9)
What's the difference between them and you? Nothing that I read.
Yet there is no indication that Zacharias or Jesus did this and followed them.
Do you have a point here?
So we have one example of understanding that was gained by study in obedience to the instructions in God's Word, ( Zacharias and Jesus)
What we have is 2 examples of people who were in compliance with the law meaning the covenant given to Israel at Sinai. Jesus said "This is the new testament in My blood." New here means unprecedented. This unprecedented covenant is what Christians are obligated to. You're examples of being obedient to the law serve no purpose to the Christian.
And another example of study in disobedience to the instructions of God's Word. (Mainstream preachers of that time)

There were more than just Zacharias.

Matthew 2:1
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Here is another example of people who had a completely different understanding than the Mainstream preachers of that time. Is it wrong to assume that they, like Zacharias, also studied in obedience to the instruction?
I don't see how the wise men fits in your argument.
And Peter, which side of this topic did he fall on?

Acts 5:32
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

33 When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.
What things?
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

33 When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.
Now why was it that the Jews sought to persecute Jesus and the prophets? It was because they refused to obey the instruction of God, and created their own instructions, and the other example did not.
It is evident the cause is they weren't in submission to them. You do ask if were should obey God or man.
So fast forward to today. We have a Mainstream Christian teaching that "Transgresses the Commandments of God by their own traditions and doctrines."
No what we have is many are abusing words. Then there's a problem with you broad term "mainstream." In general they don't preach wicked behavior. The reality is your objection to them not cow towing to your religion.
This is not a judgment, rather, a simple fact.
No fact I see. All I see is an objection.
It is Mainstream Christian Tradition to transgress God's Sabbath Commandment and replace it with the Catholic Sabbath (Sunday worship). It is Mainstream Christian Tradition to create images of God in the likeness of some long haired men's shampoo model, transgressing the first and greatest commandment.
It is Mainstream Christian Tradition to transgress God's Food Laws, and create their own definition of clean and unclean.
You can claim all you want that protestant preachers are cow towing to Catholicism. Just dosn't make it so. Mainstream preachers are preaching a form of the new covenant.
So it seems that even today, if a person studies in obedience to God's simple instructions he see's the scripture one way.
Yes I could study and conform to your religion. No thank you. I've got a much better deal from Jesus.
If a person studies scripture in disobedience following the traditions and teachings of man in place of God's Word and to God's simple instructions, he sees the scripture in another way.
That is exactly what you're doing.
I believe what Peter taught, that the Holy Spirit (Spirit of Truth) is given to those who do not "Transgress the Commandments of God by their own religious doctrines and traditions.
Peter didn't teach keeping the law (see Acts 15).
But I also know from Peter and Jesus that this belief will infuriate "many" who come in Christ's/God's name.
Wrong, you're the one infuriated.
Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved."

My hope is that you might consider these words and understand.
Same here except we give different meanings of the verse.
John 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (Is it evil or righteous to transgress the commandments of God by doctrines and traditions of men?)
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
20 For every one that doeth evil (Transgress God's Commandments by their own Traditions) hates the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Delighted you admit that by posting the verse.
Is this why the Mainstream preachers of Peters time set about to kill or silence Peter, so he wouldn't expose their transgression of God's Commandments?
I see nothing different from you except you used words instead of seeking physical death.
21 But he that does truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest,.(let your light shine) that they are wrought in God.
Yes that your deeds might come to light.
So a circle complete once again. Those who live a doctrine created (wrought) by God have a different understanding than those who live a doctrine created by man who follow the traditions of man. The above was shared with me recently by a friend. I hope it was a blessing to you as it was for me.
Yes we have a different doctrine than that created by a woman.
Who should we obey God or man?
I return your question with the word "woman" instead of "Man."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Jews (Pharisees/Lawyers) had placed so many restrictions on the Sabbath commandment through there man made traditions that it had become a burden to the people and was nearly impossible to keep (Luke 13:14; John 5:10-18; 9:16; etc.).
You tell us. A man and his whole family was put to death because he picked up sticks on the sabbath. You want us to accept working at a power plant on the sabbath is different and not sin. Yet you condemn that person to hell. Why doesn't the 4th apply to every one the same way, especially since you condemn others for working for a living for you convenience?

Where does the Scripture say it's OK to take advantage of another's sin?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The point of Acts 15 is converts to Christianity weren't required to keep the law as required by the pharisees.

It is an interesting Chapter in Acts 15. Some use it to say that God's Law (10 commandments) are no longer required for new Christians. So the question that everyone should be asking when reading this Chapter; Is Acts 15 saying God's Law (10 commandments) are no longer required for Gentile believers when the Chapter does not even mention God's 10 commandments?

What many do not read however in Acts 15 is that the context and chapter is talking about circumcision and the laws of Moses as a means of salvation which were types pointing to Jesus (v1).

The Old Covenant included both the laws of Moses and God's Law both together made up the Old Covenant. The laws of Moses was the cure for sin these were shadows of the New Testament pointing to Jesus. While the scriptures tell us very clearly God's Law is forever to show us what sin and righteousness is and is included in the New Covenant. Let's look at what God's Words says.

What is the purpose of God's Law (10 commandments) and the Mosaic laws...................

(1) God’s Law (10 commandments)
Purpose;
reveals what sin and righteousness (right doing) is and the describes the penalty for sin (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; Romans 6:23). It was never a cure for sin. But it was the work of God which is forever and the foundation of the Old Covenant, the New Covenant and the Judgement to come. (Exodus 32:16; Exodus 31:18; 31:18; Exodus 20:1-22; Deuteronomy 10:5; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; Romans 6:23; Hebrews 7:19; Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31; Ps 111:7-8; Revelation 12:17; 14:12; 22:14; 1 John 3:5-8; 1 John 2:3-4; Ecclesiastes 3:14)

(2) The laws of Moses (Levitical, ceremonial, sacrificial)
Purpose;
was the prescriptive cure for sin with all the Levitical and ceremonial laws, burnt offerings for sin, annual feast days foretelling the plan of salvation which were connected to Feast days with New Moon sabbaths, food and drink offerings and other Holy days. These where all types pointing to Jesus and the plan of salvation and provided a cure for sin through animal sacrifice and food and drink offerings and yearly sin atonement's for God’s people. (Leviticus 1:1-13; Leviticus 23:1-44; Numbers 28:1-31; 29:1-40; Deuteronomy 24:10-11; Exodus 24:3; Deuteronomy 31:24-26; Colossians 2:16-16; Hebrews 10:1; Ephesians 2:14-15; Leviticus 4; 5; 6; Hebrews 4:14; 9;10; John 1:29; not exhaustive there are many more).

Why were the ceremonial laws of Moses (handwriting of ordinances) nailed to the cross and shadows of things to come......

Jesus was our true sacrifice for our sins and the saviour of the world that the ceremonial laws of Moses all pointed to. When Jesus came and died the old Covenant laws of Moses that pointed to Jesus and the plan of salvation was fulfilled (John 1:29; 36; Revelation 5:6; 1 Corinthians 5:6-7; Hebrews 8:2-13; 9:1-28). Jesus is our true Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world and our sacrifice for our sins. It is our sins as well as the ceremonial laws of Moses that were nailed to the cross at the death of Jesus (Colossians 2:14; Ephesians 2:15; John 3:16).

More scriptures on this subject here linked referring to Colossians 2:14-17 linking old and new testament writings.................

Just as the Mosaic laws were temporary pointing to Jesus, God's Law is forever and the standard of the Old Covenant the New Covenant and the Judgement to come......

The Law of God (10 commandments) which includes the 4th commandment is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Psalms 19:7). It is the very standard of the Old and New Covenants (Exodus 20:1:17, Hebrews 8:10-12). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Exodus 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 25:35). Gods Law is still in force today (Psalms 111:7-8, Revelation 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5).

Now what is Acts 15 talking about. Let's look at the chapter and context.......

Acts 15
1, And certain men which came down from Judea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved <The controversy is that if you are not circumcised after the law of Moses you cannot be saved>.
2, When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
3, And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.
4, And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

10, Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

19, Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: <New converts do not need to be circumcised after the law of Moses>
20, But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
21, For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day <the new converts will learn more because the scriptures are read in the synagogues every Sabbath>.
22, Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
23, And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
24, Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: <what law are we referring to? The law of Moses; circumcision>

As mentioned above already the Mosaic laws (not God's Law; 10 commandments) that were the cure for sin in the Old Covenant pointing to Jesus have been done away. They were shadows that pointed to Jesus and were fulfilled at the cross. For example with circumcision...........................

Romans 2
28, For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29, But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Now let's look at the interpretation of Acts 15 that some use to say God's Law (10 commandments) is no longer required and Gentiles believers do not need to follow them. With this interpretation of Acts 15; it is ok for the Gentile believers to go kill, steal, covet etc etc as long as they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood v20. This is despite more then 1300 scriptures in God's Word that say the opposite. You may need to reconsider your interpretation of God's Word.

God's Word is very clear. God's Law (10 commandments) is forever. It is the standard of the Old and New Covenants and the Judgement to come. If we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin (James 2:8-12)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You tell us. A man and his whole family was put to death because he picked up sticks on the sabbath. You want us to accept working at a power plant on the sabbath is different and not sin. Yet you condemn that person to hell. Why doesn't the 4th apply to every one the same way, especially since you condemn others for working for a living for you convenience? Where does the Scripture say it's OK to take advantage of another's sin?

Hello friend,
I am not sure of the point of this post and I have not said anything that I am aware of in the above. I think it is important however that we should believe God's Word and follow God by Faith. If you do so God will reward your faith accordingly.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Some questions to think about. Where does is say in God's Word that.............

God's 4th commandments; The 7th day Sabbath ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

2. Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

3. Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

4. That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

5. That tells us to keep the first day in honor of the resurrection of Christ?

6. Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

7. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

8. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

9. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

10. That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

11. God's 4th commandment; the 7th day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

12. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

13. Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

14. Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

15. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

16. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

17. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

18. That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

19. Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

20. Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

21. Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

22. Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

23. Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

24. Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

25. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

If you cannot answer any of the above, who should we obey God or man?

There is NO SCRIPTURE that says that God's 4th commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now COMMANDED to keep Sunday as a HOLY day..................

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

• Winner
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Some questions to think about. Where does is say in God's Word that.............

God's 4th commandments; The 7th day Sabbath ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

2. Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

3. Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

4. That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

5. That tells us to keep the first day in honor of the resurrection of Christ?

6. Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

7. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

8. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

9. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

10. That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

11. God's 4th commandment; the 7th day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

12. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

13. Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

14. Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

15. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

16. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

17. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

18. That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

19. Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

20. Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

21. Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

22. Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

23. Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

24. Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

25. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

If you cannot answer any of the above, who should we obey God or man?

There is NO SCRIPTURE that says that God's 4th commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now COMMANDED to keep Sunday as a HOLY day..................

Good questions!

• Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Just popping in to wish everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEARS FOR 2018! all LOVE in him who LOVES US and washed us in His own blood. May God bless you and all your families in the NEW YEAR. I will try and log in when I have some time but still busy of late.

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Just popping in to wish everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEARS FOR 2018! all LOVE in him who LOVES US and washed us in His own blood. May God bless you and all your families in the NEW YEAR. I will try and log in when I have some time but still busy of late.

God bless
Right back at ya! :) May we all have a better year, and may we all, with God's help, keep our resolutions, and become better people. May we keep the spirit of Christmas giving, joy, and peace throughout the year.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Right back at ya! :) May we all have a better year, and may we all, with God's help, keep our resolutions, and become better people. May we keep the spirit of Christmas giving, joy, and peace throughout the year.

Hi OH, so sorry for a slow reply. Thanyou so much for a nice greeting. You are always gracious as always.:wave: and I look forward to talking with you more in 2018

May God bless you as you seek him throught His Word.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF GOD’S LAW

You cannot separate God’s Law of love from the 10 commandments because they are connected to each other. There is no need for confusion here. God’s Word makes it very clear.

Let's have a look................................................

What does Jesus say when he talk about the commandments. Jesus is quoting from Old testament scriptures of Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18.................

Matthew 22
36, Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37, Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38, This is the first and great commandment.
39, And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
40, ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

Let's get clearer......................................................

Matthew 19
16, And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17, And he said unto him, Why call thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: BUT IF YOU WILL ENTER INTO LIFE KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.
18, He saith unto him, WHICH? JESUS SAID, THOU SHALT NOT MURDER, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, HONOR YOU MOTHER AND FATHER AND THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF
20, The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21, Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. <Jesus showed him that he may have fulfilled His duty of love to his neighbor but not to God breaking commandment 1 and 2 loving riches more than God>

Well Jesus makes it very clear that what he is talking about it is the 10 commandments of God's Law.

What about James................................................................

James 2
8, If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF, ye do well:
9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10, FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL KEEP THE WHOLE LAW AND YET OFFEND IN ONE POINT, HE SHALL BE GUILTY OF ALL.
11, FOR HE THAT SAID, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY SAID ALSO DO NOT KILL. NOW IF YOU DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY AND YOU KILL, YOU HAVE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW.

12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Well James makes it very clear what he is talking about when he talks about the Royal Law of love. He is talking about the 10 commandments. So Jesus and James both agree that they are talking about God's 10 commandments which also include the 4th commandment which is one of the ten.

What about Paul? He wrote a lot of books in God's Word...........................

Romans 13
8, Owe no man anything, but to LOVE ONE ANOTHER: for HE THAT LOVES ANOTHER HAS FULFILLED THE LAW.
9, For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT LIE, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and IF THERE SHALL BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF.
10, Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.

Paul makes it very clear what he is talking about as well when he is talking about God's Law. It seems like Jesus, James and Paul all agree together what it is they are referring to when talking about God's Law. They are all referring to God's 10 commandments which includes the 4th commandment which is one of the ten (Exodus 20:1-17)

So now that God's Word shows us what it is referring to. No need to guess, what are talking about, God’s Law of Love is God's 10 commandments. It is only through Faith that works by love that anyone can walk in the Spirit which produces the fruit of obedience because love is the fulfilling of God’s Law in those that walk by faith and not by sight.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men everywhere to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF GOD’S LAW

You cannot separate God’s Law of love from the 10 commandments because they are connected to each other. There is no need for confusion here. God’s Word makes it very clear.
You cannot separate the 10 from the rest of the 613. All are laws dictated by God himself. There is no difference in status between not sleeping with your own mother and not committing not envying your neighbor's ox.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,305.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You cannot separate the 10 from the rest of the 613. All are laws dictated by God himself. There is no difference in status between not sleeping with your own mother and not committing not envying your neighbor's ox.

This is an excellent point which, as you know, I have attempted to make many times in the past. The point seems to fall on deaf ears and blind eyes, however.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.