JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The OC sabbath was only a shadow of the true rest that God didnt give the Hebrews because of their unbelief.

Friend just saying something is so without scripture support does not mean it is so because you say it is..... Please answer post 500 with all the scripture support if you do not believe it is true... This post is saying why what your saying is not correct. If you believe what you are saying is correct then answer post 500.

• Agree
Reactions: Alicia Schout
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Friend just saying something is so without scripture support does not mean it is so because you say it is..... Please answer post 500 if you do not believe it is true... This post is saying why what your saying is not correct. If you believe what you are saying is correct then answer post 500.
I did provide scripture. Colossians 2

As far as i can tell, you are incapable of seeing the distinction, made in Hebrews 4, between OC sabbath and NC sabbath.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did provide scripture. Colossians 2 As far as i can tell, you are incapable of seeing the distinction, made in Hebrews 4, between OC sabbath and NC sabbath.

Colossians 2 does not agree with you please read here... COLOSSIANS 2:14-17 THE REAL TRUTH
Your statement above only tells me you have not read my posts. If you did you did not understand them. You have also not addressed post 500 in relation to Hebrews 4 and the creation week of Genesis 2:1-3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Colossians 2 does not agree with you please read here... COLOSSIANS 2:14-17 THE REAL TRUTH
Your statement above only tells me you have not read my posts. If you did you did not understand them. You have also not addressed post 500 in relation to Hebrews 4 and the creation week of Genesis 2:1-3
I dont need your article, i already know what Col 2 says.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Alicia Schout

Aug 17, 2017
Netherlands
✟52,769.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Alicia,

So nice to meet you here. I believe in Hebrews Chapter 4 as well. It is one of my favorite Chapters on God's Sabbath in the New Testament scriptures. Have you had a chance to study the scriptures in detail?

Let's have a look at the Chapter for context......

HEBREWS 4

1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limited a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Key Scripture points...............

* Fear that the promise being left us any of us should fall short of entering God’s rest (v1)
* The Gospel was preached to the people in the Wilderness as well as us. The Word did not profit those in the wilderness because of their unbelief (v2)
* For we which have believed do enter into His Rest. The people in the wilderness that did not believe God did not enter into His Rest even though works were finished from the foundation of the world (v3)
* Speaking of the 7th Day Sabbath and the last day of the creation week (Gen 2:1-3) (v4)
* God’s rest (Gen 2:1-3), those that believe enter into God’s 7th Day Sabbath rest those that do not believe do not enter into God’s 7th Day Sabbath rest (v5-6)
* Harden not your heart in unbelief (v7-8)
* There is a rest for the people of God (v9)
* Those that enter into God’s rest (Gen 2:1-3) cease from works as God did v10
* We should labour to enter into God’s rest (Gen 2:1-3) faith in God’s Word (rest through believing God) v11
* The Word of God is powerful. v12

Please go back and look at the Greek meaning of the word "rest" used in Heb 4:9 its meaning is resting through keeping of a Sabbath or Sabbath observance. (I have provided Greek links below)

Hebrews 4:9 (NAS)
“There remaineth therefore a [Sabbath] rest G4520 to the people of God.”

The Greek word literally means “Sabbath keeping” or “Sabbath observance.” (links below)

Strong's Concordance 4520
sabbatismos:
a sabbath rest
Original Word: σαββατισμός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: sabbatismos
Phonetic Spelling: (sab-bat-is-mos')
Short Definition: a Sabbath rest
Definition: a keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest.

Strong's Greek 4520

σαββατισμὸς — 1 Occ.
Hebrews 4:9N-NMS
GRK: ἄρα ἀπολείπεται σαββατισμὸς τῷ λαῷ
NAS: there remains a Sabbath rest for the people
KJV: therefore a rest to the people
INT: Then remains a sabbath rest to the people

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 4520: σαββατισμός

σαββατισμός, σαββατισμου, ὁ (σαββατίζω to keep the sabbath); 1. a keeping sabbath. 2. the blessed rest from toils and troubles looked for in the age to come by the true worshippers of God and true Christians (R. V. sabbath rest): Hebrews 4:9. (Plutarch, de superstit. c. 3; ecclesiastical writings.)

So let’s pull Hebrews 4:1-12 all together?

The context is God’s rest from the week of creation on the 7th Day of the creation week (Hebrews 4:1-5). Those that did not enter into God’s rest (7th Day Sabbath) did not enter in because of their unbelief and disobedience (sins) to God’s Word. The Gospel was preached unto them but they did not believe it (Hebrews 4:2). God did not give them His true rest (Hebrews 4:5-8). This is the same warning for those that disobey Him and do not follow His Word. Only those that believe and obey God’s Word enter into his 7th Day Sabbath rest (Hebrews 4:6, 9, 10-12). So you can see Jesus is not a Sabbath. The Sabbath is the 7th Day of the Week. Jesus is Lord of this Day because he is the creator of this day (Hebrews 4:4; Mark 2:28-29).

There is no scripture in all of God’s Word that says that Jesus is a Sabbath only that he is the Lord of the Sabbath and he made it for all of mankind and commands us to keep it as a holy day as a memorial of creation (Mark 2:27-28; Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11)

Hope this is helpful
.May God bless you as you seek him through his Word...
Thank you. Also for the explanations based on God's word. What we do in faith is righteousness. God bless you and your loved ones. Also His saints and our brothers and sisters in Christ. May He rescue the presecuted christians.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bob you keep asking the same questions. Just wondering if you have anything new to add?
You bet I do LGW and I will continue to ask the same questions because you have not acknowledged what Paul wrote in 2Cor3:7-11. Your non answers might fool some, but not me. I take Paul's words as gospel and when he tells me that the 10 commandments are done away with I believe him over you. This morning I reread Paul's words in Gal 3 where he tells us the following: 23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian. How can you twist that to say something other than we are not under the commands given to Israel at Sinai?

To understand what Ephesians 2:14 and also Colossians 2:14 is talking about you need to understand the difference between the God's Law and the laws of Moses that where Shadows of things to come...
You need to understand that all of the 613 commands that were to guide Israel were equally important to them and stop trying to make it appear that somehow the 10 commandments had more significance.

(1) God’s Law (10 commandments) pointed out what sin was and the penalty of sin which is death.
I vehemently oppose your theory. The 10 commandments said nothing about the penalty being death. You have added to scripture and you should know what that means. The penalty you refer to is found in the book of the law which you try to tell us is the only part that is discarded.

It was never a cure for sin in the Old Testament as well as in the New. It only gives a knowledge of what sin is and righteousness (right doing) (Rom 3:20; James 2:11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Rom 6:23; Ps 119:172).
It only GAVE a knowledge of some of the things sin is. I repeat Gal3:23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

I really do not need a lecture on the remainder of your post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is our rest.

Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Hebrews 4New King James Version (NKJV)

The Promise of Rest
4 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them,[a] not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; [c] 5 and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”[d]

6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, 7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.”[e]
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

The Word Discovers Our Condition
11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. 12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Our Compassionate High Priest
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

I just added the above comment because they rest is just repeating what you have already said. My reply is that your interpretation is not according to scripture. Hebrews 4 is referring to the 7th Day Sabbath and the origin of the Sabbath in creation and that God's people did not enter into God's rest because of their unbelief.... No where in this Chapter does it say that Jesus is a 7th day Sabbath. You actually missed a lot in post # 485 linked
Wrong again LGW.

The writer of Hebrews (it is not clear who he was) was writing to Jews who knew the Sabbath law forward and backwards. They were observing the Sabbath by resting and not doing any work. The writer would have been writing to the choir members if he was trying to convince them to observe Sabbath. The meaning of what he wrote was not to convince Jews to observe a day. He was trying to convince them to find rest in Jesus. The invitation still stands. Come unto me all and find rest in me.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You bet I do LGW and I will continue to ask the same questions because you have not acknowledged what Paul wrote in 2Cor3:7-11. Your non answers might fool some, but not me. I take Paul's words as gospel and when he tells me that the 10 commandments are done away with I believe him over you. This morning I reread Paul's words in Gal 3 where he tells us the following: 23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian. How can you twist that to say something other than we are not under the commands given to Israel at Sinai? You need to understand that all of the 613 commands that were to guide Israel were equally important to them and stop trying to make it appear that somehow the 10 commandments had more significance.I vehemently oppose your theory. The 10 commandments said nothing about the penalty being death. You have added to scripture and you should know what that means. The penalty you refer to is found in the book of the law which you try to tell us is the only part that is discarded. It only GAVE a knowledge of some of the things sin is. I repeat Gal3:23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian. I really do not need a lecture on the remainder of your post.
Wrong again LGW. The writer of Hebrews (it is not clear who he was) was writing to Jews who knew the Sabbath law forward and backwards. They were observing the Sabbath by resting and not doing any work. The writer would have been writing to the choir members if he was trying to convince them to observe Sabbath. The meaning of what he wrote was not to convince Jews to observe a day. He was trying to convince them to find rest in Jesus. The invitation still stands. Come unto me all and find rest in me.

Bob, you seem to be going around in circles. All of your questions have been clearly answered with scripture. Just constantly saying the same thing over and over does not make what you are saying correct. So I think it is best if we just agree to disagree. I am happy to talk more with you if you have something new to share. As for me I must believe and follow God's Word because I love him who loves all.

Jesus says...If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. Let God be true and every man a liar as it is written, That thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged.

We must believe and follow the Word of God over the teachings and traditions of man. Sunday worship is a teaching and tradition of man breaking the commandments of God. Jesus tells us if we break the commandments of God by following the traditions of men we are not following God...

Matthew 15:3-9
3, But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?4, For God commanded, saying, Honor thy father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death. 5, But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou might be profited by me; 6, And honor not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 7, Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8, This people draws nigh unto me with their mouth, and honors me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9, But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

For me I must believe and follow God's Word. We will have to agree to disagree on your interpretation of it and let God be the judge in the last days.... I will pray for you

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. Also for the explanations based on God's word. What we do in faith is righteousness. God bless you and your loved ones. Also His saints and our brothers and sisters in Christ. May He rescue the presecuted christians.

You very welcome Alicia, so nice to meet you here as well and always a blessing to share God's Word with people that love Jesus.

May God always bless you as you seek him through his Word

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well this is where your digging a hole for yourself..... as you did not answer the post in relation to the creation week and the Sabbath and how the Sabbath cannot be a Shadow of anything because it is part of a FINISHED work.....

Genesis 2:1-3
1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Scripture context points:
* God finished all the work of creation on the 7th Day of the week (v1)
* God ended His Work on the 7th Day of the creation week and rested from all His work of creation, it was completed no more work required (v2)
* God blessed the 7th Day and set it apart as a holy day as a memorial of creation

Critical questions and answers:

When was God’s 7th Day Sabbath made, before the fall of mankind or after the fall of mankind?
It was made BEFORE the fall of mankind
at the end of the creation week on the 7th Day and was the result of a FINISHED work!

Was God’s work of creation a FINISHED WORK or an UNFUNISHED WORK?
The 7th Day Sabbath was the result of the FINISHED AND COMPLETED WORK
of creation!

When were God’s Laws and the laws of Moses given, before the fall of mankind or after the fall of mankind? Obviously AFTER the fall of mankind (Ex 20:1-17, Lev 23:1-44, etc) they were part of God’s plan of salvation.

So in summary the 7th Day Sabbath is a memorial of the FINISHED work of creation and if it is a FINISHED work and a memorial of God’s creation that was given BEFORE the FALL of mankind before SIN had entered the world and before the plan of salvation was given to FALLEN man. If it was a part of a FINISHED work then it cannot be a Shadow of salvation because a Shadow was part of an UNFINISHED work given in the laws of Moses and was given AFTER the fall of mankind where the Sabbath was made before the fall.

So no the Sabbath is part of the finished work of creation before sin had entered the world so cannot be a shadow of anything...

This is different to the ceremonial laws of Moses, the Jewish annual festival and meat and drink and sin offering. These all pointed to the life death, resurrection and new ministration of Jesus in the New Covenant. These were given after the fall of mankind when sin entered the world and were Shadows of things to come - Jesus

On the other...............

The Law of God (10 commandments) is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Psalms 19:7). It is the very foundation of the Old and New Covenants (Exodus 20:1:17, Hebrews 8:10-12). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Exodus 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 25:35). Gods Law is still in force today (Psalms 111:7-8, Revelation 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5). God writes His Law in our hearts so that we become like him and we follow him because we love him (Heb 8:10-12) LOVE is the fulfilling (doing) of God's Law (Romans 13:10). This is why Jesus says to those that love him If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15).

This includes the 7th Day Sabbath which is one of the 10...
Did God bless the 7th day or the Sabbath in Genesis 2? If God blessed the sabbath, why doesn't it say so? The 7th day and the sabbath are 2 different things. Exodus 20 makes this plain.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I did provide scripture. Colossians 2

As far as i can tell, you are incapable of seeing the distinction, made in Hebrews 4, between OC sabbath and NC sabbath.
I think he doesn't want to. It doesn't support his theology.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No his post only means he doesn't agree with you. I think he is valid and understands the truth.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You bet I do LGW and I will continue to ask the same questions because you have not acknowledged what Paul wrote in 2Cor3:7-11. Your non answers might fool some, but not me. I take Paul's words as gospel and when he tells me that the 10 commandments are done away with I believe him over you. This morning I reread Paul's words in Gal 3 where he tells us the following: 23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian. How can you twist that to say something other than we are not under the commands given to Israel at Sinai?

You need to understand that all of the 613 commands that were to guide Israel were equally important to them and stop trying to make it appear that somehow the 10 commandments had more significance.

I vehemently oppose your theory. The 10 commandments said nothing about the penalty being death. You have added to scripture and you should know what that means. The penalty you refer to is found in the book of the law which you try to tell us is the only part that is discarded.
The contradictions in his collective posts are unbelievably astounding.
It only GAVE a knowledge of some of the things sin is. I repeat Gal3:23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

I really do not need a lecture on the remainder of your post.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bob, you seem to be going around in circles. All of your questions have been clearly answered with scripture. Just constantly saying the same thing over and over does not make what you are saying correct. So I think it is best if we just agree to disagree. I am happy to talk more with you if you have something new to share. As for me I must believe and follow God's Word because I love him who loves all.
First let me thank you for your to the point post. I really appreciate it.

I seem to you I am going around in circles. I think a better analysis is that both of us are going around in circles. Is it too hard to include yourself and only blame me? You may claim that you have answered all my question , but if you really would like to go back to all of our posts you will find out you have ignored many of my questions. I just refuted your thoughts from Heb 4 and I have to believe you are not able to give us anything that would prove me wrong. So, I have to conclude that Heb4 is not referring us to observe the weekly Sabbath and that Paul is correct in all he wrote that Christians are not subject to all the laws dealing with rituals given only to Israel at Sinai.

Jesus says...If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. Let God be true and every man a liar as it is written, That thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged.
You have judged me LGW, you have done a great job by using scripture. Yes, you do not come straight out and tell me I am going to Hell for not observing the Israelite only Sabbath, You use scripture. I know that there is no command for Christians to observe any day and I have used many scriptures to prove my belief, but you refuse to entertain the Word of God in this respect. One thing I do know for sure, no one except our Savior has ever kept Sabbath. Your claim that you keep Sabbath is nothing but a misnomer especially when we know there is no such thing as a Christian Sabbath. The 10 commandments with its Sabbath command has been done away. It is written and I believe it. You are following the doctrine of a woman rather than the the writings of Jesus apostle.

We must believe and follow the Word of God over the teachings and traditions of man. Sunday worship is a teaching and tradition of man breaking the commandments of God. Jesus tells us if we break the commandments of God by following the traditions of men we are not following God...
How could anyone be breaking the law by worshiping on Sunday? That is so cruel a thing to write. In fact I know of no one who worships Sunday. Where there is no law there is no sin. Over and over I have used scripture to explain to you that the law has been abrogated. It happened at the Cross. Jesus fulfilled the law. The law contained the 10 commandments and the Sabbath rule was part of the 10 that was done away with.

Matthew 15:3-9
3, But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?4, For God commanded, saying, Honor thy father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death. 5, But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou might be profited by me; 6, And honor not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 7, Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8, This people draws nigh unto me with their mouth, and honors me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9, But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Why do you keep quoting scripture that was enforce during the life of Jesus? The new covenant had not yet been ratified by Jesus blood. Sure Jesus had to teach the law to those under the law.

For me I must believe and follow God's Word. We will have to agree to disagree on your interpretation of it and let God be the judge in the last days.... I will pray for you
The problem is that you are not following God's word to Christians, you are following God's words to Israel and only Israel.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Listed,

Nice to see you back again. How are you my friend? Some comments for you below. I hope they are helpful.

Did God bless the 7th day or the Sabbath in Genesis 2?

Yes God indeed blessed the 7th Day Sabbath in Genesis 2 not only did he bless it he made it a Holy day for all of mankind and set the 7th Day apart from all the other days of the week as a memorial (remembrance) of creation..........

Let's have a look at what God's Word says...........

Genesis 2:3

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

If God blessed the sabbath, why doesn't it say so?
God does say that he blessed the Sabbath day. Maybe you missed it?

Let's have a look at what God's Word says...........

1, Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2, And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3, And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it <set apart and made Holy>: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

God commands His people rest from their work as he did from His on the 7th Day............

Exodus 20:8-11
8, Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy. 9, Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:10, But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:11, <why?> For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it <made Holy and set it apart from the other days of the week>

The 7th day and the sabbath are 2 different things. Exodus 20 makes this plain.

Actually no, the 7th Day and the Sabbath are one and the same thing. Exodus 20 make it plain indeed that the 7th Day and the Sabbath are the same thing. Let's have a look at what God's says...........

Exodus 20:10

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God

Also, as a side note out of interest......

1, Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2, And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3, And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

The Hebrew Word base root word for rest used in Genesis 2:1-3 and Sabbath used in Exodus 20:8-11 is the same Hebrew word although the word Sabbath carries the extra meaning of one 7 day interval to another (ongoing rest every 7th day)

Strongs

rested H7673
שׁבת; shâbath; shaw-bath'
A primitive root; to repose, that is, desist from exertion; used in many implied relations (causatively, figuratively or specifically): - (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep (sabbath), suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

and.......

Strongs

Sabbath H7676
שׁבּת; shabbâth; shab-bawth'
Intensive from H7673; intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: every sabbath.

So in summary.............

God blessed the 7th day Sabbath in Genesis 2. Not only did he bless this day in Genesis 2 this is also where God set the 7th day apart from all the other days in the week and made it a Holy day for all mankind (Mark 2:27). Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath and commands us to keep it as a Holy day (Mark 2:28; Exodus 20:8-11) and says if you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15). Love is the fulfilling of God's Law in us who through faith walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. The 7th day and the Sabbath are the same thing (Exodus 20:10)

Sunday worship is a teaching and tradition of man breaking God's commandments. If we are knowingly following the traditions of man over the Word of God the scriptures tell us we are not following God. (see Matthew 15:3-9)

We should always believe God's Word...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No his post only means he doesn't agree with you. I think he is valid and understands the truth.

If you believe what I have written is not true then please make your case with scripture. Just saying something is not true because you say so does not make it so. We must believe and follow God's Word. Maybe you can answer post 500 and COLOSSIANS 2:14-17 THE REAL TRUTH for your friend? If you cannot than we must believe God's Word.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The contradictions in his collective posts are unbelievably astounding.

It is given to the blind to have eyes to see and ears to hear and the lame to walk while those seeing see not. Those hearing hear not and those walking walk not. This is because spiritual things are spiritually discerned. They that be whole do not need the physician but those that are sick seek him. Many do not know the meaning.

The light shines in darkness; but the darkness does not understand. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. Light is come into the world, but men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. Every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that does truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. Who can know the Word of God when there is no Word? The mirror shows the way...

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You may claim that you have answered all my question , but if you really would like to go back to all of our posts you will find out you have ignored many of my questions.

Bob, if you believe I have not answered some of your posts and I have missed something. Please by all means re-post what you think I have not answered. Here is me thinking all this time that you will not answer my questions. If you re-post something I have already answered however than there is no point re-posting anything.

I just refuted your thoughts from Heb 4 and I have to believe you are not able to give us anything that would prove me wrong. So, I have to conclude that Heb4 is not referring us to observe the weekly Sabbath and that Paul is correct in all he wrote that Christians are not subject to all the laws dealing with rituals given only to Israel at Sinai.
Well none of that is true please see...... Post # 485; Post # 496; Post # 500; Post # 487
all linked for ease of viewing. Let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged....

You have judged me LGW, you have done a great job by using scripture. Yes, you do not come straight out and tell me I am going to Hell for not observing the Israelite only Sabbath, You use scripture. I know that there is no command for Christians to observe any day and I have used many scriptures to prove my belief, but you refuse to entertain the Word of God in this respect. One thing I do know for sure, no one except our Savior has ever kept Sabbath. Your claim that you keep Sabbath is nothing but a misnomer especially when we know there is no such thing as a Christian Sabbath. The 10 commandments with its Sabbath command has been done away. It is written and I believe it. You are following the doctrine of a woman rather than the the writings of Jesus apostle.

Well Bob none of that is true.........

If you feel convicted by God's Word than you should turn to God. It is God's Word not mine. God's Word is between you and God not me and you. I do not judge you or anyone. The same as I do not follow any man women or Church. I only follow him who loves me. I know him who loves me and I follow him because he bids me come. He bids all to come but many do not hear him because narrow is the way. Many cannot find him because they are blind and if the blind shall lead the blind both will fall into a ditch.

This is why it is written; Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

and again...

If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

How could anyone be breaking the law by worshiping on Sunday? That is so cruel a thing to write. In fact I know of no one who worships Sunday. Where there is no law there is no sin. Over and over I have used scripture to explain to you that the law has been abrogated. It happened at the Cross. Jesus fulfilled the law. The law contained the 10 commandments and the Sabbath rule was part of the 10 that was done away with.

Bob I just share God's Word. It is not my word but is he who sends me they are His Words. You can choose to believe them or not it is between you and God. I do not judge you. It is God's Word that will judge us all in the last days.

God has his people in all Church's (John 10:16). In times of ignorance God winks at but when a knowledge of the truth comes calls all men everywhere to repent and believe and follow the Gospel (Acts 17:30). God is calling his people out from the world to worship him in Spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24).

If you believe God's Law (10 commandments) has been abolished than God would disagree with you because God's Law gives all a knowledge of what sin is (Romans 3:20; 7:7; James 2:11; 1 John 3:4). If there is no Law there is no knowledge of sin. If there is no knowledge of sin we have no need of a Savior. If we have no need of a Savior we have no salvation. If we have no salvation we are lost. God's Law is the standard in both the Old and the New Covenants and is the standard of sin and righteousness and the judgement to come and is forever....

The Law of God (10 commandments) is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Psalms 19:7). It is the very foundation of the Old and New Covenants (Exodus 20:1:17, Hebrews 8:10-12). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Exodus 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 25:35). Gods Law is still in force today (Psalms 111:7-8, Revelation 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5). God writes His Law in our hearts so that we become like him and we follow him because we love him (Hebrews 8:10-12) LOVE is the fulfilling (doing) of God's Law (Romans 13:10). This is why Jesus says to those that love him If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15).

The problem is that you are not following God's word to Christians, you are following God's words to Israel and only Israel.

Already answered see post # 448 (linked)

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word..

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Who should we believe God or man? I choose to believe God. Nothing you have said has addressed any of the scriptures. If you believe they do pick out one of your statement referring to the scriptures and lets discuss....
Well I do not believe you or what you post claiming to be true.

I believe you posted this verse somewhere -

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Yea I picked one out of the group. The funny thing is we know very well all sin and those claiming to keep the law, don't. I do not claim to keep the law. Verse 9 is most likely missed (ignored). Rom 7 and 8 are misused here as well.

bugkiller

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bob, if you believe I have not answered some of your posts and I have missed something. Please by all means re-post what you think I have not answered. Here is me thinking all this time that you will not answer my questions. If you re-post something I have already answered however than there is no point re-posting anything.
I have already posted what you refuse to answer. Actually, I do not need for you to answer because I would just have to straighten your twisted use of scripture.

Well none of that is true please see...... Post # 485; Post # 496; Post # 500; Post # 487
all linked for ease of viewing. Let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou might be justified in thy sayings, and might overcome when thou art judged....
Well Bob none of that is true.........
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

If you feel convicted by God's Word than you should turn to God.
Judging

It is God's Word not mine. God's Word is between you and God not me and you. I do not judge you or anyone.
I do not believe you have ever admitted that you are wrong about anything. Really it is not worth the effort to copy and post all the times you use scripture to Judge anyone who does not agree with you about Sabbath being a salvational issue.

The same as I do not follow any man women or Church.
I don't believe that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.