JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I asked you 5-6 question in my post for clarity on what you were saying in your earlier post. So what question are you referring to as there is not error in my post? Thanks for the update.
In posts 177&178 I did exegesis of gal2:14-17 so I have well clarified what I have previously stated
A while back I asked you to do an exposition of the same verses. You ignored my request. I wonder why

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written NOT WITH INK but the Spirit if the living God. NOT on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts
2cor3:3

The Spirit of the living God writes the law in the mind and places it in the heart of believers God desires them to follow.
Without that happening, you CANNOT be in a saved state. For only those with the law in their hearts have a saviour from their sins.
Note the order in the following:

This is the covenant I will make with them after that time says the Lord
I WILL write my laws in their minds
And place them on their hearts
THEN HE ADDS
Their sins and lawless deeds i will remember no more
Heb10:16&17

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Once again, I take no notice of your scriptural quotes in support of what you write for the reasons previously given

LGW
Another bad example of citing scripture incorrectly( LGWs post 189). You cite John 16:7&8 as support of the holy spirit convicting of sin, righteousness and judgement by reading or hearing of Gods word.
Firstly, I have ONLY said in regards to the law believers are to follow this is known through inner conviction, NOT reading in ink law written in the OT. John16:7&8 has no bearing on this point. But let's quote it:

When he( the holy spirit) comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgement. In regard to sin, because men do not believe in me. In regard to righteousness, because I am going to my father and you will see me no longer. In regard to judgement, for the prince of this world now stands condemned
John 16:8-11

1) there is nothing in those verses that state the believer will be aware of sin/ Gods laws by firstly reading the Bible. So once again an incorrect citation to endorse your stated belief.
2)
Jesus said in regard to judgement because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
Yet you say:
In regard to the basis of your judgement, obeying the TC

I really do not have the time or inclination to go over anymore of your incorrect scriptural citations to endorse your stated beliefs. There are far too many to do that

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you would like to chat about the Feast of Booths from the ceremonial laws of Moses I am more then happy to do so in the thread COL 2:14-17 THE REAL TRUTH. Please address the OP (Also, 4x Parts at the bottom of post #1 linked) so you can see where I am coming from scripture wise. That will save time re-posting the same things.

Do you not have a yes or no answer for my question of future or past concerning Zechariah 14?

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe in miracles?

The question certainly appears to be a snare. For me I believe the whole law, and the prophets do not pass away unless the truth of what it speaks to in the individual has been fulfilled.

Just as everything is perception, everything is relationship to us.

• Friendly
Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written NOT WITH INK but the Spirit if the living God. NOT on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts
2cor3:3

The Spirit of the living God writes the law in the mind and places it in the heart of believers God desires them to follow.
Without that happening, you CANNOT be in a saved state. For only those with the law in their hearts have a saviour from their sins.
Note the order in the following:

This is the covenant I will make with them after that time says the Lord
I WILL write my laws in their minds
And place them on their hearts
THEN HE ADDS
Their sins and lawless deeds i will remember no more
Heb10:16&17

Duality within, battle of soul and spirit, that through and IN Christ is won. A New heart/nature that takes no thought what thou shall eat, which goes back to the questions from God in the garden, "Where art thou? Hast thou eaten...? Who told you thou wast naked?" All before the Law of Moses.

Sin is a matter of where we are seeing/perceiving from...wandering between two mountains (Sinai/world and Zion/heaven) until only One remains in Truth of the son that we are in a garden with no serpent (agan)..."To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

John 9:41 If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill."

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God is LOVE.

The flesh must die for the spirit to live (lose your soul to find it again)...which does not speak to physical death of a body (future event), but that which is within... That is a promise to us if we believe/see it as possible. And He can only give us what we can see...the mystery hidden, Christ IN YOU...in THIS life...

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

He came to take away sin...

The Spirit perceives or the flesh...one brings condemnation/conviction, the other one brings freedom from sin...

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Duality within, battle of soul and spirit, that through and IN Christ is won. A New heart/nature that takes no thought what thou shall eat, which goes back to the questions from God in the garden, "Where art thou? Hast thou eaten...? Who told you thou wast naked?" All before the Law of Moses.

Sin is a matter of where we are seeing/perceiving from...wandering between two mountains (Sinai/world and Zion/heaven) until only One remains in Truth of the son that we are in a garden with no serpent (agan)..."To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

John 9:41 If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill."

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God is LOVE.

The flesh must die for the spirit to live (lose your soul to find it again)...which does not speak to physical death of a body (future event), but that which is within... That is a promise to us if we believe/see it as possible. And He can only give us what we can see...the mystery hidden, Christ IN YOU...in THIS life...

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

He came to take away sin...

The Spirit perceives or the flesh...one brings condemnation/conviction, the other one brings freedom from sin...
As a Baptist minister of fifty years stated:
If we followed after the Holy Spirit every minute of our lives we would never commit sin. The reality of which escapes us all

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a Baptist minister of fifty years stated:
If we followed after the Holy Spirit every minute of our lives we would never commit sin. The reality of which escapes us all

Where art thou is just as viable of a question to us as it was to Adam.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The question certainly appears to be a snare. For me I believe the whole law, and the prophets do not pass away unless the truth of what it speaks to in the individual has been fulfilled.

Just as everything is perception, everything is relationship to us.
If we claim to be without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us
1john1:8

Through the law we become conscious of sin
Rom3:20

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hmmm...For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God and The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

He wants us to awake from the slumber (which came to Adam) with the promise to give us the spirit of TRUTH...

I wrestled for the promise from the darkest of night til Day LIGHT arose within me because I believed His Word to be Truth..."As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; I will be satisfied with Your likeness when I awake."

He can only give us what we believe to be possible...what we can 'see'...

"And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin."

"We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not."

If we believe that reality is not possible (take away our sin), there we will remain...in unbelief.

To not seek the promise is to 'think' it not possible. But with God, ALL things are possible (that HE promises) if we can 'see' it...perceiving from ONE brings HIS Truth to reality. Duality within keeps that serpent alive and well in our garden.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm...For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God and The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

He wants us to awake from the slumber (which came to Adam) with the promise to give us the spirit of TRUTH...

I wrestled for the promise from the darkest of night til Day LIGHT arose within me because I believed His Word to be Truth..."As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; I will be satisfied with Your likeness when I awake."

He can only give us what we believe to be possible...what we can 'see'...

"And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin."

"We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not."

If we believe that reality is not possible (take away our sin), there we will remain...in unbelief.

To not seek the promise is to 'think' it not possible. But with God, ALL things are possible (that HE promises) if we can 'see' it...perceiving from ONE brings HIS Truth to reality. Duality within keeps that serpent alive and well in our garden.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Through the law we become conscious of sin
Rom3:20

All part of the process taking place within/journey of our soul...of which the whole of scripture is a narrative...

No one can reason with God without becoming clean. Reasoning with 'self' is the other side of that coin.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All part of the process taking place within/journey of our soul...of which the whole of scripture is a narrative...

No one can reason with God without becoming clean. Reasoning with 'self' is the other side of that coin.

Only on the internet have I come accross people who claim never to commit sin/ have attained to sinless perfection

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only on the internet have I come accross people who claim never to commit sin/ have attained to sinless perfection

"You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

And the Apostle Paul says "Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Duality within is not being single of eye..."when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light..."

What do you think Jesus meant by this? - Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Scripture says He came to take away our sin...which all has to do with where we are 'seeing' from...and the eyesight change that happened to Adam in the garden...and the question, "Where art thou?"

Are you denying that promise through/IN Christ/the Door and saying His gospel is weak and powerless to do what is promised? The whole of scripture speaks to the process taking place within from beginning to end which brings us full circle back to the beginning. As in Alpha and Omega, First Adam and Last Adam...becoming ONE (again)...

HE promises to cause to us be overcomers by the power of spirit...The Spirit of Truth reveals the son that we are through The Son...at first dimly...

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

And the Apostle Paul says "Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Duality within is not being single of eye..."when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light..."

What do you think Jesus meant by this? - Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Scripture says He came to take away our sin...which all has to do with where we are 'seeing' from...and the eyesight change that happened to Adam in the garden...and the question, "Where art thou?"

Are you denying that promise through/IN Christ/the Door and saying His gospel is weak and powerless to do what is promised? The whole of scripture speaks to the process taking place within from beginning to end which brings us full circle back to the beginning. As in Alpha and Omega, First Adam and Last Adam...becoming ONE (again)...

HE promises to cause to us be overcomers by the power of spirit...The Spirit of Truth reveals the son that we are through The Son...at first dimly...
So you have reached a holier state than the Apostle paul reached:

Not that I have already attained this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me
Phil3:12

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was raised in a church where many of the members reeled off statements pat, and referred to scripture in doing so.
I actually believed they lived virtually sinless/perfect lives based on what I saw on Sundays. I wondered what I was doing in the church, I knew I was far from perfect. It never occurred to me they didn't live 24/7 as the did for a couple of hours on Sunday mornings.
I was a naïve young man

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.