Jesus, a Real Human Being

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Webster’s Dictionary) Omniscient - knowing all things-the Omniscient God-

Mark 13:32: "No one knows the day or hour, not even the angels in Heaven nor the Son, but ONLY the Father."

This is a very conclusive statement. Jesus admits that he does not know the day or hour, and that ONLY the Father knows. This alone is enough to show us that Jesus is not omniscient.

Luke 8:45: "Jesus then asked, ‘Who touched me?"

This episode is about a woman who needs healing who touches Jesus in a crowd. Jesus responds by saying, "Who touched me?" It is obvious that he does not know who touched him. We cannot say that he knew but was just asking for whatever reason. This would be to speculate on a grand scale. It would be adding to what the Bible says. Just read the Bible. He did not know. He is not all knowing.

Revelation 1:1: "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to show his servants what must happen soon."

Who received a revelation? Jesus Christ. Who gave it to him? GOD! God gave Jesus a revelation to show his servants what must happen soon. Vines Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words defines revelation as:
Revelation – The communication of the knowledge of God.

(Webster’s Dictionary) Revelation – God’s disclosure to humanity of Himself.
Jesus received a communication, a disclosure FROM GOD. God knew something that Jesus did not know. Again, Jesus is not omniscient.

John 12:49: "For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it."

In this verse the Father is showing Jesus how to say something. Why does Jesus need to be shown how to do or say anything if he is already all knowing. Not to mention the fact that the Father is commanding the Son. This is not equality.

Luke 2:52: "And Jesus advanced in wisdom and age and favor before God and man."

He advanced in what? Wisdom. He was advancing in the knowledge of God. Someone who is all knowing does not need to advance in anything, especially wisdom.

Matthew 4:1: "Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert."

Why does Jesus need to be led? He is supposed to be equal with the Holy Spirit. He should know everything that the Spirit knows, although it is obvious that he does not. He needed to be led.

Matthew 26:39: "He advanced a little and fell prostrate in prayer, saying, ‘My Father if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet, not as I will, but as you will".

Jesus knew that the cross awaited him and he wanted to see if there was any other way while still remaining in the will of God.

Jesus is asking the Father a question that he does not know the answer to. What does Jesus want to know? IF IT IS POSSIBLE? He does not know if it is. Someone who is asking another a question for which he does not have the answer to is not all knowing.

Conclusion – From the Scriptures above I do not see any way in which someone can conclude that Jesus is omniscient. Jesus knew many things, but he also did not know many things. This is not what being omniscient means. It means knowing EVERYTHING. Jesus is not omniscient and thus he is not equal to God. Who is Jesus then? Jesus is The Messiah, The Anointed one of God. This is what Messiah means, Anointed. The Messiah was never supposed to be God, he is supposed to be a man anointed by God’s Spirit. In order to understand who Jesus is we must first come to a good understanding of what Jesus’ most important title of Messiah means in depth. After all, he is Jesus the Christ (Messiah).

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I can forgive my brother - that does not make me God"

You can forgive you brothers sins against someone else or against God? No I don't think you can, only God can.

"Luke 8:45: "Jesus then asked, ‘Who touched me?""

He knew just like God knew when he asked about the same thing in this verse.

Gen 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

Also your mistaken. Jesus always was for he said this:

Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

I AM has a very important meaning.

I really didn't have time to answer everything else right now. Kinda in a rush but I answered the ones I could off the top of my head quickly.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"

the term used here for son of man is Ben. It means more aptly the son of a man. not the title Christ used. christ was not born of man, but of a virgin birth. Problem solved. :)

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
Mark 13:32: "No one knows the day or hour, not even the angels in Heaven nor the Son, but ONLY the Father."

This is a very conclusive statement. Jesus admits that he does not know the day or hour, and that ONLY the Father knows. This alone is enough to show us that Jesus is not omniscient.

I dont know.

Luke 8:45: "Jesus then asked, ‘Who touched me?"

This episode is about a woman who needs healing who touches Jesus in a crowd. Jesus responds by saying, "Who touched me?" It is obvious that he does not know who touched him. We cannot say that he knew but was just asking for whatever reason. This would be to speculate on a grand scale. It would be adding to what the Bible says. Just read the Bible. He did not know. He is not all knowing.

God does manythings such as asking questions. Adam in the garden, He knew where Adam was, but asked anyways.

Revelation 1:1: "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to show his servants what must happen soon."

Who received a revelation? Jesus Christ. Who gave it to him? GOD! God gave Jesus a revelation to show his servants what must happen soon. Vines Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words defines revelation as:
Revelation – The communication of the knowledge of God.

(Webster’s Dictionary) Revelation – God’s disclosure to humanity of Himself.
Jesus received a communication, a disclosure FROM GOD. God knew something that Jesus did not know. Again, Jesus is not omniscient.

I dont know

John 12:49: "For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it."

In this verse the Father is showing Jesus how to say something. Why does Jesus need to be shown how to do or say anything if he is already all knowing. Not to mention the fact that the Father is commanding the Son. This is not equality.

I don't know.

&nbsp;

Luke 2:52: "And Jesus advanced in wisdom and age and favor before God and man."

He advanced in what? Wisdom. He was advancing in the knowledge of God. Someone who is all knowing does not need to advance in anything, especially wisdom.

People began to know more of Jesus's wisdom, that is what I get, I could be and wrong. And so can you.

&nbsp;

Matthew 4:1: "Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert."

Why does Jesus need to be led? He is supposed to be equal with the Holy Spirit. He should know everything that the Spirit knows, although it is obvious that he does not. He needed to be led.

Being men of earth we cannot comprehend things of this nature, so you nor I can give answers. All we can give are guess or try to understand.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Originally posted by CHRISTgospel
(Webster’s Dictionary) Omniscient - knowing all things-the Omniscient God-

[/B]

This is Jesus talking as a HUMAN, not as God, he was in the flesh when he said this.

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
As one who was fully God and fully Human, Jesus possessed all the attributes of deity, including omnipotence and omniscience. He knew what was in peoples hearts and he could still the waves. But when Jesus became man, however, He voluntarily placed certain knowledge in the hands of the Father.

Of course today, glorified in heaven, Jesus now knows the day and hour of His return.

Upvote 0

Shane Roach

Mar 13, 2002
✟23,036.00
Faith
Christian
I have always found discussions on exactly what the nature of Jesus and the Spirit and trinity are about to be difficult. It seems to me that Jesus said He had to go to the Father before the Spirit came. The gospel of John makes it clear that the Word was made flesh and that the Word was God and was with God. The language is very much like when Jesus says He is and the Father and the Father is in Him.

I don't really insist on any particular understanding of Christ's deity inasmuch as it pertains to how He is God, but it seems very plain from an overview of the scriptures that this is the idea. All things considered, it seems safer to just admit it's not something we really understand.

I used to think I was the only person who saw this, but recently I have seen others also make the comparison between the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to a human soul, spirit, and body.

It goes on and on. Anyhow my main objection is from the Gospel of John.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.