Jesus’ #1 goal: to set believers FREE from sin!

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The #1 reason why the Word came to earth and became Jesus
To set BACs FREE from the bondage of sin (from being slaves of sin)
… so they could overcome sin … and enter heaven!

● “we should no longer be slaves of sin.” (Romans 6:6)
● “For he who has died (with Christ) has been FREED from sin.” (Romans 6:7)
● “reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin” (Romans 6:11
● “For sin shall not have dominion over you” (Romans 6:14)
● “you WERE slaves of sin” (Romans 6:17, Romans 6:20)
● “And having been set FREE from sin” (Romans 6:18, Romans 6:22)
● “Christ Jesus has made me FREE from the law of sin and death.” (Romans 8:2)

“Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy,
and he FREED us from sin.” (1 Corinthians 1:30, NLT)

BACs receive everything, including FREEDOM from sin

When BACs initially receive the Holy Spirit, they receive everything:
redemption, justification, Jesus’ righteousness, positional sanctification, etc.
(The necessity of maintaining this salvation is another topic, not for here!)

“When you came to Christ … Christ performed a spiritual circumcision
—the cutting away of your sinful nature” (Colossians 2:11, NLT)

BACs are capable of overcoming sin

Because they have:
-- a new nature
-- the indwelling Holy Spirit
-- the whole word of God
-- God’s promises that they are NO longer slaves of sin

Yes, through the power of the precious Holy Spirit,
BACs are able to overcome sin and receive eternal life.

Jesus’ definition of an overcomer …
To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne,
as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.” (Revelation 3:21)

Jesus overcame the world (1 John 5:4-5), sin, the devil, eternal death, etc.

God’s promise to forgive any sins committed by His BACs

“But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all wickedness (sins).” (1 John 1:9)

"This is an extremely important verse … all men need to be repeatedly purified from
all unrighteousness – from all their sins … We must confess our sins and turn from them
… We must also confess them with our actions … (John) is talking here about repentance
… we must hate our sins and turn from them. This is true repentance.
(The Applied New Testament Commentary, 1996, Dr. Thomas Hale, medical missionary)

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Disagree. It is based on a faulty assumption that forgiveness of sins is a prerequisite for salvation.

Actually forgiveness of sins is a BENEFIT of being in a covenant relationship with God. (i.e. salvation)

Jer 31:31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Isa 43:25 “I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, And I will not remember your sins.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Disagree. It is based on a faulty assumption that forgiveness of sins is a prerequisite for salvation. Actually forgiveness of sins is a BENEFIT of being in a covenant relationship with God. (i.e. salvation)
I suggest that you get out of the OT and get involved in the NT.

• Haha
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suggest that you get out of the OT and get involved in the NT.
Did you notice that IS the New Covenant (NT) being talked about?

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Disagree. It is based on a faulty assumption that forgiveness of sins is a prerequisite for salvation.

Actually forgiveness of sins is a BENEFIT of being in a covenant relationship with God. (i.e. salvation)

Jer 31:31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Isa 43:25 “I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, And I will not remember your sins.

Can you at least agree that the reason Jesus was sent to us was because of SIN?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

redemption, justification, Jesus’ righteousness, positional sanctification, etc.

Because they have:
-- a new nature
-- the whole word of God

“But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins

"This is an extremely important verse … all men need to be repeatedly purified from
all unrighteousness – from all their sins … We must confess our sins and turn from them
… We must also confess them with our actions … (John) is talking here about repentance
(The Applied New Testament Commentary, 1996, Dr. Thomas Hale, medical missionary)

Thanks BCsenior. Well said.

May God bless you today.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate

I like your post, but Dr. Hale's commentary bothers me.

1 John 1:9 is the verse on how to become a Christian filled with the Spirit of God.

1 John 2:1 "Little children I write this so you will not sin." John believes it is possible to not commit willful sin. Dr. Hale doesn't believe that. A BAC does not have the desire to commit willful sin because they have been given the divine nature.

The second half of 1 John 2:1 is tied to 1 John 1:7. Notice that even though that BAC was walking in the Spirit, the blood of Jesus was automatically cleansing him of small sins of immaturity that are not known to us as sins to even know to repent. But John wants us to mature into Christians that do not sin at all.

Reactions: somuchjoy
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like your post, but Dr. Hale's commentary bothers me.

1 John 1:9 is the verse on how to become a Christian filled with the Spirit of God.

1 John 2:1 "Little children I write this so you will not sin." John believes it is possible to not commit willful sin. Dr. Hale doesn't believe that. A BAC does not have the desire to commit willful sin because they have been given the divine nature.

The second half of 1 John 2:1 is tied to 1 John 1:7. Notice that even though that BAC was walking in the Spirit, the blood of Jesus was automatically cleansing him of small sins of immaturity that are not known to us as sins to even know to repent. But John wants us to mature into Christians that do not sin at all.

The context of walking in the light in 1 John 1:7 is loving your brother as per 1 John 2:9-11.
We have to walk in the light in order for the blood of Jesus to cleanse us from all sin.
1 John 3:15 says that if we hate our brother, we are like a murderer, and no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. This would be useless to tell us this if we were to automatically obey. These instructions are there as warnings for us so as to help us.

The Bible says we are to continue in the grace of God, continue in the faith, continue in His goodness (for if we do not continue in His goodness we can be cut off like the Jews).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟800,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Because they have:
-- a new nature
-- the whole word of God

Is sin the problem or is unforgiven sin the problem?

All mature adults’ sin and it seems few if any Christians can go on not sinning, so did Jesus do a bad job?

Jesus is doing what God would do if he was on earth, so Jesus’ objective is the same as God’s objective, but I would argue their objective is to do all they can to help willing individuals to fulfill the individual human’s objective while on earth, but the human “objective” is not about not doing something, but about doing something which will exclude the opportunity to sin, but as a side benefit.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whoops, hold on to the truck:

Romans 5: NASB

1Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. 3And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

6For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. 8But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. 10For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

So it looks like that "penalty for sin" was dealt with first according the apostle Paul. Your verses pick up in chapter 6 and then 7. There are 5 preceding chapters to consider which establishes the context for the following chapters.

This is why I keep pointing out in threads here and other places we must take a systematic approach to the Scriptures. When we dive into a passage or verse or several verses with an 'idea' without respecting the context, we end up misleading folks.

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whoops, hold on to the truck:

Romans 5: NASB

1Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. 3And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

6For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. 8But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. 10For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

So it looks like that "penalty for sin" was dealt with first according the apostle Paul. Your verses pick up in chapter 6 and then 7. There are 5 preceding chapters to consider which establishes the context for the following chapters.

This is why I keep pointing out in threads here and other places we must take a systematic approach to the Scriptures. When we dive into a passage or verse or several verses with an 'idea' without respecting the context, we end up misleading folks.

However, if one keeps reading, they will discover Romans 8:13 (Which destroys "Belief Alone-ism" or a "Sin and Still Be Saved Type Belief"; Also see the full version of Romans 8:1 in the KJV, too).

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
The context of walking in the light in 1 John 1:7 is loving your brother as per 1 John 2:9-11.
We have to walk in the light in order for the blood of Jesus to cleanse us from all sin.
1 John 3:15 says that if we hate our brother, we are like a murderer, and no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. This would be useless to tell us this if we were to automatically obey. These instructions are there as warnings for us so as to help us.

The Bible says we are to continue in the grace of God, continue in the faith, continue in His goodness (for if we do not continue in His goodness we can be cut off like the Jews).

Yes, loving each other is part of the fruit of the Spirit.

Upvote 0