Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The retreat will take place in Cleveland, Ohio this October.

September 29, 2020 (Sons of St. Joseph) — From October 9–10, 2020, at their Jesuit Retreat Center located in Parma, Ohio, (Diocese of Cleveland) the Society of Jesus will host an LGBTQ retreat called “Emmaus 2020: A Time for Healing: Ourselves and the World.” According to the Center’s website: “EMMAUS 2020 is the twenty-first annual retreat for LGBTQ Christians at Jesuit Retreat Center.” The retreat will be facilitated by Sister Marian Durkin, C.S.A. — a member of the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine; Durkin also serves on the Leadership Team of her religious order; they are headquartered in the Diocese of Cleveland. In 2019, Durkin was interviewed about Pope Francis and her ministry to the LGBT community:

“I appreciate Pope Francis’ compassionate look at homosexuality in the church…There are gay men in the priesthood, there always have been. And they serve God’s people with great integrity and love.”

She continued:

“I’m delighted whenever there’s good press about gays and lesbians…Francis is a breath of fresh air.”

The “Guest Speakers” at the retreat will include: Rachel Drotar — the program coordinator for the Sisters of Charity “Generative Spirit” initiative; the Reverend Adrienne Koch — an Episcopal priest at Trinity Cathedral in Cleveland; and the Reverend Christopher Decatur — the “Priest-in-Charge” of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Cleveland.

In 2020, Adrienne Koch published an article entitled: “God Made the Rainbow.” She wrote: “My Christian imagination can’t separate the rainbow flag billowing in the wind of a downtown hair salon from the story of Noah because I am a gay priest. I am both a lover of god and a lover of another woman. Whenever I see a rainbow, I remember god’s promise not to destroy me. That’s the fear isn’t it? When you’re a cradle Christian, a curious agnostic burned by a judgmental religion…if you stand proudly under the flag of the LGBTQ+ nation, somewhere along the way you heard the church teach that god erases mistakes like you. Why would you trust that god?”

Continued below.
Jesuits to host pro-LGBT retreat featuring lesbian Episcopal ‘priest’

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The retreat will take place in Cleveland, Ohio this October.

September 29, 2020 (Sons of St. Joseph) — From October 9–10, 2020, at their Jesuit Retreat Center located in Parma, Ohio, (Diocese of Cleveland) the Society of Jesus will host an LGBTQ retreat called “Emmaus 2020: A Time for Healing: Ourselves and the World.” According to the Center’s website: “EMMAUS 2020 is the twenty-first annual retreat for LGBTQ Christians at Jesuit Retreat Center.” The retreat will be facilitated by Sister Marian Durkin, C.S.A. — a member of the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine; Durkin also serves on the Leadership Team of her religious order; they are headquartered in the Diocese of Cleveland. In 2019, Durkin was interviewed about Pope Francis and her ministry to the LGBT community:

“I appreciate Pope Francis’ compassionate look at homosexuality in the church…There are gay men in the priesthood, there always have been. And they serve God’s people with great integrity and love.”

She continued:

“I’m delighted whenever there’s good press about gays and lesbians…Francis is a breath of fresh air.”

The “Guest Speakers” at the retreat will include: Rachel Drotar — the program coordinator for the Sisters of Charity “Generative Spirit” initiative; the Reverend Adrienne Koch — an Episcopal priest at Trinity Cathedral in Cleveland; and the Reverend Christopher Decatur — the “Priest-in-Charge” of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Cleveland.

In 2020, Adrienne Koch published an article entitled: “God Made the Rainbow.” She wrote: “My Christian imagination can’t separate the rainbow flag billowing in the wind of a downtown hair salon from the story of Noah because I am a gay priest. I am both a lover of god and a lover of another woman. Whenever I see a rainbow, I remember god’s promise not to destroy me. That’s the fear isn’t it? When you’re a cradle Christian, a curious agnostic burned by a judgmental religion…if you stand proudly under the flag of the LGBTQ+ nation, somewhere along the way you heard the church teach that god erases mistakes like you. Why would you trust that god?”

Continued below.
Jesuits to host pro-LGBT retreat featuring lesbian Episcopal ‘priest’
I wonder if I can host the next one with my band of thieves? Ah ah ah, no judging people! Be compassionate! After all, why would I trust the God that completely disagrees with my sin? I'm right and He's wrong.

Upvote 0