Jesuit School in Sydney Endorsed Same Sex Marriage

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I follow Christ and he speaks through Raymond Crd Burke so I'll stay tuned whenever the cardinal speaks. Same goes for Robert Cardinal Sarah and his eminence Crd Cafarra.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
A Jesuit school, St Ignatius College, has endorsed same-sex marriage in messages to parents, staff and students, directly rebuking recent statements from Church leaders. They believe most young people support same sex marriage, but that can't be a valid reason.

In September, there will be a referendum on same sex marriage in Australia.

Anybody is welcome to protest by writing to them:
Fr Chris Middleton, Rector
stignatius@riverview.nsw.edu.au
Preposterous. Since when has Catholicism been majority rule? Thank you for the link.

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Fr Ross Jones has clarified that he did not endorse gay marriage, he just "outlined some of the positions of the bishops at that time, reinforced some of the cautions regarding religious freedom that Archbishop Fisher had made, and encouraged people to make a decision in conscience".

(Archbishop Anthony Fisher has warned people of the damages gay marriage could bring. I won't post them here, anyone interested please contact me)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Fr Ross Jones has clarified that he did not endorsed gay marriage, but he said "couples could engage in sexual relationships for reasons other than procreation 'in good conscience' under the 'order of reason' school of Natural Law.".
Now how did that get twisted into him endorsing SSM? Seems to me that someone somewhere is lying. LYING.

Upvote 0