Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ROME — Jesuit Father James Martin, an LGBT advocate, affirmed Saturday his belief that two men can enter into a real marriage that must be recognized as such.

Responding to Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, who proposed that Pete Buttigieg’s same-sex marriage to his partner Chasten is not a true marriage but rather a “legal fiction,” Father Martin countered that “Pete Buttigieg is married.”

The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines marriage as a covenant “by which a man and a woman form with each other an intimate communion of life and love.”

For their part, the United States Bishops note that a “growing movement today favors making those relationships commonly called same-sex unions the legal equivalent of marriage,” a proposal that the Catholic Church rejects.

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I seriously do not know why this man is allowed to continue to undermine Catholic teaching.
IKR.

Can we set to Italy to get answers straight away?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Marriage is not set up from the beginning to ensure the finances go to the next guy or gal but rather to consummate to procreate.

It's all money now.
It's not procreation ... and having an ordered unit for the mental, emotional health and well being of the child created.

No matter how many gamits of idealogies they want to give... how many of them actually experienced a family unit without the masculine [dad] or feminine [mom] parent?
And we're not talking the pretend, replace, fill in, or I have a new pronoun but not dna crowd either.

It's odd that the gay men truly bonded closer to the female [mom] in the family, but reduce the familial relationship as unnecessary for a family unit.

It is really mammon and
nothing to do with love.

It's the money. Pure and simple.

There are so many wrongs with this... and if I lived near the man I would have a discussion.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟272,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
James Martin is a heretical moron. I wouldn't believe anything that came out of his mouth, even if it was "Good morning". :mad:

I do notice, however, how the Vatican is blindingly swift to de-frock someone like Fr. Frank Pavone, but they let heterodox idiots like Martin prattle on and on and on, with never even a mild word of rebuke. :mad:

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
James Martin is a heretical moron. I wouldn't believe anything that came out of his mouth, even if it was "Good morning". :mad:

I do notice, however, how the Vatican is blindingly swift to de-frock someone like Fr. Frank Pavone, but they let heterodox idiots like Martin prattle on and on and on, with never even a mild word of rebuke. :mad:
Lord, have mercy!

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
ROME — Jesuit Father James Martin, an LGBT advocate, affirmed Saturday his belief that two men can enter into a real marriage that must be recognized as such.

Responding to Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, who proposed that Pete Buttigieg’s same-sex marriage to his partner Chasten is not a true marriage but rather a “legal fiction,” Father Martin countered that “Pete Buttigieg is married.”

The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines marriage as a covenant “by which a man and a woman form with each other an intimate communion of life and love.”

For their part, the United States Bishops note that a “growing movement today favors making those relationships commonly called same-sex unions the legal equivalent of marriage,” a proposal that the Catholic Church rejects.

Continued below.
Two men cannot enter into a "marriage." No such "marriage" exists. Period.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The only reason they fought to be considered married [some years ago] stories began coming up about deceased partners not being able to leave material possessions to their partners. 401k's, IRA's etc
Not to be confused with the idea they marry for love as some suggest because sadly the ones I know in life don't care enough for themselves to extend love and I feel for them so deeply. How I wish they would love themselves and not follow doing these things which are not expedient to themselves. [but rather it is lust, money and all the things so worldly]

Well, if it is in the will, it cannot be disputed. However; then in came the notion they should be married so nobody could contest the wills.
It all came about via money.
They say money is the root of all evil.
And basically it shows it's head time and again that it is.

[Harder for a rich man to go to Heaven than a camel to climb through an eye of the needle.]

Not to go off... BUT only a subordinate camel [to his master by yielding to his voice and commands] would get on it's knees to climb through on it's knees through the eye of the needle [a short gate opening that camels are too tall to enter]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I seriously do not know why this man is allowed to continue to undermine Catholic teaching.
Because he is a friend of Francis and knows he can say no wrong. He’s golden.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Prayers
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I THINK he has finally spoken with clarity now and has gone into actual heresy on the subject. He had always been so careful in his public statements to skate just up to the line of heretical statements but not go an inch over the bounds. So on this either he goofed by skating way over the bounds OR he is so sure that he is untouchable that he chose to skate into the heretical. He is a very careful guy so I suspect he did it on purpose and he knows nobody can do a thing about it. That's the saddest possibility. It means Gay is OK now in the clergy. That was sort of 'de facto' but it seems to have gone a step beyond that with the Synod on Synodality.

The good thing is that my spell checker balks at 'Synodality' being a real word. Small consolation.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married