• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Jesse Jackson being discharged from rehab facility today

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Wolseley, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+3,565
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,937
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    He failed to promote vaccine acceptance among african Americans. I'm so disappointed in Jessie.

3. GirdYourLoins

GirdYourLoins Well-Known Member

+881
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Well, over here its been reported since day 1 that the vaccine reduces your risk of catching it, but doesnt completely eliminate the risk and that if you do catch it after being vaccinated your risk of serious disease is significantly reduced and risk of death is reduced.

So maybe he is alive because he had it.

4. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+2,577
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
  5. BeyondET

BeyondET Well-Known Member Supporter

+353
    United States
    Christian
    Single
  6. d taylor

+2,577
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
  7. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,612
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    o_O You're not serious, are you?
    Surely not, you don't expect anyone to believe that, do you?

8. BeyondET

+353
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    like the Senator said,

"greatly reduced my risk of developing severe complications from the virus"

9. d taylor

+2,577
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    So how does he know this, the Vicksburg mayor did not have a hard time.

10. BeyondET

+353
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    i quoted Sen. Wicker from the link you posted, not Flaggs

11. BeyondET

+353
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    but the new R.1 variant is starting to gain a foot hold, a immune evader, we will all be vulnerable, the world will need more graveyards in the next year or so. just in the beginning of September the A.23.1 variant was discovered in the U.S.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  12. d taylor

+2,577
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    That is what i meant, how does wicker know that his virus would have been bad if he had not had the shot.

How does he know his virus sickness would not have been the same as the mayors virus sickness.

13. BeyondET

+353
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    ahh i get what you mean, that is a good point, he probably doesn't know if he would of been ok. but i have read about a radio host that was against taking the vaccine he ended up getting covid and dying i guess he found out the hard way. more than likely a whole bunch of folks found out the hard way. but like i said its to late to contain it will be hard on everyone in the coming years.

14. Wolseley

+3,565
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Perhaps, if they had simply let the virus run its course, it would have burned itself out by now or the population would have achieved herd immunity. Unfortunately, you can't reach herd immunity unless the herd is exposed, and we've been hiding from this thing for upwards of two years now---instead of quarantining the sick, we've been quarantining the well, because everybody is so terrified of this virus. As a result, every time things loosen up a little, the virus finds new targets, and mutates, and thus we have the Delta variant, followed by what will probably in the future be termed the Echo variant, the Fox variant, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, etc., etc., etc., until the Sun goes nova.

Of course, the virus may well have mutated anyway---they do that. Flu does it every year, supposedly requiring a new shot every year. So, Covid will probably be around forever, so we'd better get used to it. It's too bad that it hit during a contentious election year, thus encouraging the politicians and media to "never let a crisis go to waste", and they flogged it into this terrible monster striking fear in hearts everywhere, instead of simply treating it like every other Asian virus that comes along, but you can't use it for a political weapon that way. In a manner of speaking, Covid is a lot more about the power of the media to manipulate people than it is about a virus. Covid has a 99% recovery rate. I'm not sure what the recovery rate from media indoctrination is.

Oh, I'm sure the Big Thinkers in the gummint and the media will figure out a way to protect the population from Covid, don't worry. :) I mean, they've done it before----look at how well they've protected us from illegal drugs flowing over the border; and their numerous gun bans have certainly kept people from being shot! And abortions are "safe, legal and rare", aren't they? And look at the stellar job they've been doing at defeating Islamic militancy---I mean, it's nearly extinct! ;)

Covid mine shafts.jpg

15. BeyondET

+353
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    the virus is running its coarse regardless of vaccination at this point, the cat is out of the bag, its on a mutation frenzy.

16. Wolseley

+3,565
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I guess we don't have to worry about The Bomb any more, huh? :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  17. BeyondET

+353
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    when has anybody been worried about the bomb,

18. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,612
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    He also has Parkinson's Disease.

19. Wolseley

+3,565
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    You're serious?

20. tz620q

tz620q Regular Member Supporter

+816
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    This chortling when someone we don't like gets COVID is disturbing. I can remember the suppressed grins from the media when President Trump got COVID. It seemed to confirm their reporting on how we should all be in isolation until the pandemic is over and how his rallies were superspreader events. In the end, it is a sitting President of the U.S. who is ill. This should not be something anyone in the U.S. wants. I am glad that Reverend Jackson and his wife have recovered. I pray that President Biden will remain well through his four year term.