Jan 15, 2006
"in the world but not of the world"...seated in th
✟18,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hisgirl said:
Your story could have been, "Jesse was seen buying a property worth four million dollars...IN CASH!" Then you would have asked how on earth he got four mill... He got it honestly through a smart deal. That's how.

Evidently the Lord gave Jesse wisdom!~PTL JESUS!~GLORY TO GOD!~

i was listening to Proverbs on cd yesterday, Soloman was doing some boasting about his all his wealth, scripture also says he was very wise!~

One would be wise not to let it turn your stomache, but to loose your tongue to praise the Lord!~;) Amen!~
it is written...
"All good things come from Him":amen: :clap: :thumbsup:

"Whoever offereth praise glorifieth me"(Ps50:23):clap: :amen: PTL JESUS CHRIST!~Yaaay Jesus!~

Upvote 0

followjesus777

get behind...the Lord rebuke thee, JESUS is Lord!~
Jan 15, 2006
✟18,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Zzub said:
Amen!

Jesse is brilliant!
Yaaay Jesus!~...The Word made flesh!~...also teaches that "a sinners wealth is stored up for the righteous"(Proverbs13:22)...and... Perhaps this is a perfect example!~ PTL JESUS CHRIST!~The Word is True!~

Remember God said Noah was "righteous" even though Noah got drunk...but his heart was right b4 God!~GLORY TO GOD!~Please note, im NOT saying Jesse is a drunk he is not, i am sayin God sees the "righteous heart" of a man!~:amen: :clap: ^_^ :thumbsup: :angel:

Upvote 0
May 12, 2005
✟16,757.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Kebisoni said:
Apologies......I leave the room for two minutes and my 3 year old decides to post.....no idea what he is saying.

What I was going to say - was I believe in reaping and sowing and I believe that God can and does make people rich and that rich people can be very important to the Kingdom. BUT I don't like it when it seems like bragging or is dismissive of those who have less. I also don't like the idea of just giving in order to "get a financial return" - part of giving is just that - a gift - free and expecting nothing - made purely in love. Of course God always responds with more love - so in the end you can't out-give him, but I think the heart attitude should be a free gift of love rather than just financial investment.

I agree. Of course I believe God's will is to bless and prosper us, but I have never liked the approach that people like Jesse Duplantis take. I saw him at our church once and ALL he talked about was money, money, money. How if you give you'll get the hundredfold return and how he owns this and that. I understand the biblical principles behind it, but where was the humility? I just cannot stomach that approach. I have no desire to be blessed for myself only and for what I can personally get anymore...I desire to be blessed to be a blessing. I think people like him unfortunately turn off a lot of people to the gospel--not to say that prosperity does not belong to us, because I believe that it does, but I do not believe that God has called us all to be millionaires.

Just my two cents....

Upvote 0

JTM3

Senior Veteran
Dec 24, 2005
✟19,749.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Politics
US-Republican
Zzub said:
Does JTM3 have a three year old as well?

Haha! Zzub......I'm 19!! And I'm not that kind of teen...good grief.:doh:

That's gamespeak :D. It means "OWNED", which is the same as "dominated"; I don't know if they say dominate in sports, but it just means to annhilate your opponent.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From Glory to Glory said:
I agree. Of course I believe God's will is to bless and prosper us, but I have never liked the approach that people like Jesse Duplantis take. I saw him at our church once and ALL he talked about was money, money, money. How if you give you'll get the hundredfold return and how he owns this and that. I understand the biblical principles behind it, but where was the humility? I just cannot stomach that approach. I have no desire to be blessed for myself only and for what I can personally get anymore...I desire to be blessed to be a blessing. I think people like him unfortunately turn off a lot of people to the gospel--not to say that prosperity does not belong to us, because I believe that it does, but I do not believe that God has called us all to be millionaires.

Just my two cents....

See, I just don't "buy" into this hundredfold principle. This is based of the Parable of the Sower and it is woefully taken out of context. For one, the seed that the sower sows is not "seed money", but the Word of God. Second, the fruit that is born in increments of a hundredfold, sixtyfold, and thirtyfold is not increase in riches in proportion of you giving, but the results of SOULS being saved, which is far greater that riches can amass.

I do agree that God will bless your giving, don't get me wrong. There are plenty of verses for that. But the fact is that there are many people who have done this, yet thet are in the same sinking boat or worse than when they started.

But I think you've kinda hit on my complaint. And it's not just Jesse Duplantis. There are a lot of the same kind of clones that are doing this all over the religious networks. Creflo Dollar, Benny Hinn, Rod Parsley, Robert Tilton, Mike Murdock, ad nauseum.

Here's how I see it. Some prosperity teacher, let's call him Pastor X, will start a ministry that emphasizes these "sowing and reaping" principles. They draw people in, starting with their own growing congregations, with the promise that God will richly bless them as they give to Pastor X's ministry. Naturally, Pastor X's ministry grows and so does his reputation. Meanwhile, the people faithfully wait for God's blessings. The Pastor X's ministry is noticed by a certain satellite Christian network and so then Pastor X decides that it is now time to turn to TV as a ministry. He draws even more through his viewing audience and hence more contributions pore in. And part of his testamony is that God has "blessed" his ministry. Well, no kidding. See how much God has raised in purchasing our new auditorium. Why a new auditorium? So that more people can be part of ministry, thereby increasing Pastor Xs income even further. It is all a steam roll process, you see. And the focus is about God's blessings in MATERIAL RICHES, and less emphasis of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, who died with nothing on His back. Let's not warn people about the prospect of hell, rather let's warn them of the prospect that if you don't tithe, God is going to ruin you life. So pick up that phone and make that "seed" of $1000 NOW.

I'm not saying that God is not going to somehow bless those who give. God knows the givers heart and intentions, but it seems like the only one here who seems to be benefiting from the hundredfold principle is Pastor X.

From Bobber said:
Listen this ministry or that minstry may indeed be wrong with their motives about money God will be the judge, however lets make one thing perfectly clear right now...this is why what the Bible teaches about sowing and reaping is most essential, for the very reason you stated above that missionaries around the world are struggling to preach the gospel...why? As you've said they have no money! So Bible teachers keep telling people that learn about the laws of sowing and reaping for the purpose of advancing the kingdom of God and they are persecuted beyond belief for even quoting a
verse of scripture like Luke 6:38 "Give and it shall be given unto you good measure pressed down shaken together and running over" Some would exclaim,"Don't tell us about pressed down shaken together running over blessings! We want to focus on the gospel!" And then the cry comes back, "We don't have money to do the job we need to do!" But the the same people slam to door on God when he comes on the scene to tell you how to get it.

And why don't missionaries have no money? Is it because they are in poverish countries where their congregations have little more substance than to eke out an existance? Missionaries are poor because they aren't out to rob their congregations of their means of living. They are not out to rape the people who they are ministering to.

I'd certainly like to know how much "seed" money these porsperity preachers are asking for are actually going to the poor. Meanwhile, they are buying million dollar learjets, Rolls Royces, and multi-million dollar homes to give testamony that they are driven by greed. "Ye shall known them by their fruits". Indeed. This is the Gospel of Greed.

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
JTM3 said:
Haha! Zzub......I'm 19!! And I'm not that kind of teen...good grief.:doh:

That's gamespeak :D. It means "OWNED", which is the same as "dominated"; I don't know if they say dominate in sports, but it just means to annhilate your opponent.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

I don't know gamespeak!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CelineDion

Jul 28, 2004
America
✟10,205.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I love Jesse and I agree He's a good business man that God has blessed with wisdom and favor. And Jesse is a blessing to others...He helped SO many during the Katrina issues and continues to send the gosepl around the world...I think he's an amazing man of God...

Love you all...

Reactions: KingZzub
Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lest I be misunderstood on this thread, while it may appear that some of the things I've said seem judgemental, let me make it clear that I do not judge Jesse Duplantis or any other prosperity preacher in regards to their salvation. That is between them and God. While I might disagree with what they say, I still consider them brother's and sisters in Christ.

What do question is their teachings and methods in soliciting "seed money" into their ministries. Is that being judgemental? Was the Apostle Peter judgemental when he wrote:

"And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you..." - 2 Peter 2:2-3

Or the Apostle Paul who wrote:

"Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life." - I Timothy 6:17-19

Or the author of Hebrews:

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." - Hebrews 13:5

Or even our Lord Jesus Christ when He said:

"...Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." - Luke 12:15

Is it judgemental to point out the dangers of covetous living? Or point out damaging doctrines that have left many poorer while filling the coffers of those whose ministries they are supporting?

Has anyone here honestly actually experienced a hundredfold increase in wealth? I'd like to see documented evidence from the common people who are into this principle. I mean if it's true, then Praise the Lord! But I have as yet heard of this happening to anyone other that the preachers who teach this principle.

How many of you does this apply? Be honest now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
P.S. On about 6 or 7 occasions on my life I have seen 100 fold return. On dozens of times I have seen a definite multiplication of the money I have sown into various ministries. If you ask nicely I will tell you about the times.

Upvote 0

followjesus777

get behind...the Lord rebuke thee, JESUS is Lord!~
Jan 15, 2006
✟18,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Zzub said:
And was Jesus being coveteous when he said Give and it shall be given unto you?
:scratch: You know its so wierd that people are so "suspicious"..."fearful"...i have found WOF to be the most generous people on earth...:thumbsup: NO FEAR HERE!~PTL!~ No coincidence either!~
it is written...

"Give and it will be give to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and RUNNING OVER, WILL BE POURED INTO YOUR LAP. for twith the measure you use, it will be measured unto you."!(Luke6:38)~PTL JESUS!~GOD IS GOOD!~;)

The Lord sees the heart ..He knows who has riches, and who 'riches has'. The LOrd doesnt want riches to own us...which is covetousness...it is a heart issue.

No fear, The Lord is the most Excellent Accountant, i dont recall ever planning to sow x amount to recieve y...i just pray for The Lord's wisdom on giving and the need or opportunity presents itself. It is wise to pray for the Lord to guide one's giving and Pray for The Lord's Wisdom on everything!~:thumbsup:
It isnt always a ministry either, sometimes it is another believer...i once felt the Lord put on my heart to get a believers teeth done...she had made herself a denture with white nail gel because all of her teeth were rotten down to the root. One cant keep up to the Lord with His blessings. He always out does us.PTL JESUS CHRIST!~

Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zzub said:
P.S. On about 6 or 7 occasions on my life I have seen 100 fold return. On dozens of times I have seen a definite multiplication of the money I have sown into various ministries. If you ask nicely I will tell you about the times.

Yes, if you please, could you regale us with those times? I would very much appreciate it.

Upvote 0

teruah

Jan 31, 2006
Glasgow
✟268.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Zzub said:

I'd like you to expand on this please Zzub. I'm recently married (just a matter of months) and in the process of sorting out where our giving is going to go so this is a hot topic for me just now. I'm not asking for a 'if you give to them, you'll get this much back' of course!! LOL.

But..I'm just interested.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I moved to Bible College in 1997, moving house and living by faith.

We hada little amount of savings. We went to hear Jesse DuPlantis at the 1997 International UK Believer's Convention.

We have always been faithful tithers, since 1992.

At the convention God told me to give £10 to JDM every month. I said no - he was wealthy, I was poor. The next month while praying, the Lord spoke and said give £20, £10 for last month, £10 for this month. Again I argued against the Lord and resisted his will.

The next month, we were down to our last £30. The Lord told me "Don't you dare spend it. Give it to JDM. £10 for last month, £10 for this month, and £10 for two months ago".

I said "Lord, if I give this I will starve." He said: "You will starve next week anyway, would you rather starve to death obedient or disobedient?"

I put the cash in an envelope, walked to the post office and posted it.

Within 2 hours of posting the money, an old college friend phoned me up.

"I owe you a huge apology" he said. I told him I couldn't understand why. He said that three months ago the Lord had told him to give me £60 a month, and he ignored the Lord. Then the second month, the Lord told him to give me £120, for the two months. Then that night, the presence of the Lord was so strong, he could not resist. He wired me the £180 - it was in my bank the next day, and set up a standing order to give me £60 a month.

That was a massive turning point in our life.

At the end of the first year, I was going to be thrown out of college unless I could find £300 in fees (I had already paid £2700 - all miraculous money, I could talk about this for days). I didn't have it. Then someone gave me £50 as a £50 note. I was pleased; £50 maybe the school would reason with me for £250, they had seen so much.

The Lord then said: Give it to Jerry Savelle ministries. I posted the cash that night (notice: in one year how obedient I started getting: Mal. 3 - test me and see!).

Within a week, 2 days before the deadline, someone gave me £1000 in cash (IN £50 NOTES!!!) Fees paid, stayed at school.

My first experience of a true 100 TIMES return was in the summer of 1998, just after this.

I went to a John Avanzini meeting. At that time, my wife and I were agreeing for a car. I was getting the train to go minister places on Sundays, and due to the trains being so infrequent on Sundays, I was catching trains at 3am to get to some churches at 10am, when it would be a 50 minute drive or so.

We had believed and believed.

We went to this meeting, and we only had the train fare to get there. So we got there, believing for the money home. I had £3. That was all I owned.

I kept £1 for the offering, and gave the £2 to my wife so she could eat a little.

As she went to get food, I heard the Lord. He said: there will be two offerings tonight. If you put the £1 in the first, I will give you £50 before the second. Put £10 in the second and I will give you the desires of your heart." Both I and the Lord knew that was a car.

Incidentally, the train fare home cost £11.

Brother John announced he would take two offerings that night. One for a pastor in the UK who was struggling financially, and one for the church that was hosting the meeting.

I put my £1 in the first offering. The lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder. She said: "The Lord told me to give you this" and handed me some notes.

I thought it would be £50, it was only £20. I was confused. This wasn't what the Lord had said. I was pleased, but then I was hesitant: to put £10 in the offering would mean not being able to get home.

I hummed and harred, and then I decided, hey - let's just go for it. I put the £10 in the second offering.

As I did, John Avanzini stepped off the stage, walked right over to me and said "Whatever you put in that offering, the Lord will multiply 100 times and return it to you as the desires of your heart".

Wow!

After the service, I went to the bathroom. When I returned, my wife hada handful of notes. Where did you get them I asked. She pointed to a man walking off. The amount was £60. I ran after the man and told him the story.

He was nearly crying. The Lord had told him specifically to give me £30 before the second offering. He didn't, so the Lord told him to give me double.

I received it.

We used the excess to go and hear Brother John the second night, something we thought would never happen.

A month or so later, a pastor and his wife turned up at our house and told us the Lord had told them to give us their car.

We received it. They then said let's sort out the insurance. They said you need to know how much the car is worth. I said I already know - £1000. It was right.

The postscript to this story is that a parishoner bought that pastor a brand new car within months of this.

That is excerpts from less than 11 months of my life, and is only the highlights. I have seen miracle after miracle of money multiplication.

Some have been in the capacity of preacher. I have been to churches and had people press me to put money in my hands and pockets. Others have been in the capacity of a believer. This works for anyone!

Blessings,
|ZZ|

Reactions: peacechild4
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.