Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I happened to be flipping the channels and I found TBN's Praise-a-Thon. And I watched Jesse Duplantis speak about sowing seeds, etc.

Now what struck me is that he actually bragged about being a millionaire and regaled how God has blessed his ministry because he sowed his seed. But then he boasted that that wasn't enough. That he wanted to be a billioniare.

He told a story about how he was driving down the road and God told him to buy this run down piece of property and Jesse didn't really question it but went and bought it cash for some $300,000. Then he said he later sold it for over $4,000,000.

My stomach turns when I hear stuff like this.

How did Jesse make all that money enough to make him a miilioniare and able to buy up propety like that in cash???

I'll tell you how. By gullible people listening to him telling them to sow hundreds of thousands of dollars in "seed" money into his ministry, that's how. Well, isn't that a fine miracle! God surley has blessed Jesse Duplantis!

I wonder. I wonder how many these followers of Jesse Duplantis who sowed their "seed" are millionaires as a result? Is there anyone here that will testify to that?

Meanwhile, thousands of missionaries all around the world are struggling to get the true Gospel out to lost souls who have sowed the seeds of their lives that could use some of that money.

Reactions: cobweb

followjesus777

get behind...the Lord rebuke thee, JESUS is Lord!~
Jan 15, 2006
"in the world but not of the world"...seated in th
✟18,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Soloman and David were substancially wealthy in the scriptures!~Nothing wrong with blessings!PTL JESUS CHRIST!~ GLORY TO GOD!~
BE blessed to be a blessing to others!~:amen:

"all good things come from Him"PTL!~:amen:

i did sow seed to John hagee and Him together at a gathering and i am MORE THAN blessed as you classify it!~i testify!~PTL JESUS CHRIST!~GLORY TO GOD!~

SPIRITUAL LAW...sowing and reaping look it up in the scriptures!~;) Be blessed!~Amen!~

Upvote 0

JTM3

Senior Veteran
Dec 24, 2005
✟19,749.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Politics
US-Republican
Dondi said:
I happened to be flipping the channels and I found TBN's Praise-a-Thon. And I watched Jesse Duplantis speak about sowing seeds, etc.

Now what struck me is that he actually bragged about being a millionaire and regaled how God has blessed his ministry because he sowed his seed. But then he boasted that that wasn't enough. That he wanted to be a billioniare.

He told a story about how he was driving down the road and God told him to buy this run down piece of property and Jesse didn't really question it but went and bought it cash for some $300,000. Then he said he later sold it for over $4,000,000.

How did Jesse make all that money enough to make him a miilioniare and able to buy up propety like that in cash???

I'll tell you how. By gullible people listening to him telling them to sow hundreds of thousands of dollars in "seed" money into his ministry, that's how. Well, isn't that a fine miracle! God surley has blessed Jesse Duplantis!

I wonder. I wonder how many these followers of Jesse Duplantis who sowed their "seed" are millionaires as a result? Is there anyone here that will testify to that?

Meanwhile, thousands of missionaries all around the world are struggling to get the true Gospel out to lost souls who have sowed the seeds of their lives that could use some of that money.

That's because most missionaries are the typical religious type. Granted, they're probably true Christians, but they're like Calvinists or Catholics or people that don't believe in that. That's why they're struggling. In short, the world's missionaries AREN'T WOF.

Do you think God wants his people to suffer? You must belong to that group that thinks suffering is religioius; that it somehow in some sick way glorifies God.

I won't lie; I'd like to be a BILLIONARE, heck, a TRILLIANARE!!!

Besides, if you really believed the Bible you would believe in sowing and reaping.

How much of the Bible do you believe I wonder??

Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JTM3 said:
That's because most missionaries are the typical religious type. Granted, they're probably true Christians, but they're like Calvinists or Catholics or people that don't believe in that. That's why they're struggling. In short, the world's missionaries AREN'T WOF.

Do you think God wants his people to suffer? You must belong to that group that thinks suffering is religioius; that it somehow in some sick way glorifies God.

I won't lie; I'd like to be a BILLIONARE, heck, a TRILLIANARE!!!

Besides, if you really believed the Bible you would believe in sowing and reaping.

How much of the Bible do you believe I wonder??

I do know this much:

"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." - I Timothy 6:6-10

"Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread." - Proverbs 30:8

"If you see the poor oppressed in a district, and justice and rights denied, do not be surprised at such things; for one official is eyed by a higher one, and over them both are others higher still. The increase from the land is taken by all; the king himself profits from the fields.
Whoever loves money never has money enough;
whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income.
This too is meaningless.
As goods increase,
so do those who consume them.
And what benefit are they to the owner
except to feast his eyes on them?" - Eccles. 5:8-11

"The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature." - Luke 8:14

Upvote 0

Kebisoni

Veteran
Jan 22, 2005
England
✟11,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apologies......I leave the room for two minutes and my 3 year old decides to post.....no idea what he is saying.

What I was going to say - was I believe in reaping and sowing and I believe that God can and does make people rich and that rich people can be very important to the Kingdom. BUT I don't like it when it seems like bragging or is dismissive of those who have less. I also don't like the idea of just giving in order to "get a financial return" - part of giving is just that - a gift - free and expecting nothing - made purely in love. Of course God always responds with more love - so in the end you can't out-give him, but I think the heart attitude should be a free gift of love rather than just financial investment.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dondi said:

Listen this ministry or that minstry may indeed be wrong with their motives about money God will be the judge, however lets make one thing perfectly clear right now...this is why what the Bible teaches about sowing and reaping is most essential, for the very reason you stated above that missionaries around the world are struggling to preach the gospel...why? As you've said they have no money! So Bible teachers keep telling people that learn about the laws of sowing and reaping for the purpose of advancing the kingdom of God and they are persecuted beyond belief for even quoting a

verse of scripture like Luke 6:38 "Give and it shall be given unto you good measure pressed down shaken together and running over" Some would exclaim,"Don't tell us about pressed down shaken together running over blessings! We want to focus on the gospel!" And then the cry comes back, "We don't have money to do the job we need to do!" But the the same people slam to door on God when he comes on the scene to tell you how to get it. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kooolfriend

Turning ashes into beauty
Jul 5, 2004
✟2,115.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Kebisoni – For a moment, I thought you were speaking in tongues! Lol^_^

Dondi - Don’t be put off by prosperity simply because of someone you feel might be handling it wrongly...we are not accountable for the money of others but of our own...And also God the provider – Jehovah Jireh is really real and prosperous. Learn to know Him and He shall not only supply all your own needs, but through you He shall bless bountifully others, and that’s the best part when the focus is no more on us but on others...

Upvote 0
C

Christina M

Jesse Duplantis is one of the most honorable ministers around.... and full of integrity!

He is blessed of the Lord and doesn't hesitate to say so!

When God blesses me, I yell it from the mountaintops! :kiss:

It isn't pride..... it isn't bragging. If anything, it should motivate others....to be blessed to be a blessing!

Try listening to him again -- with an open, unjaded heart and see if you don't get a different message this time.

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Jesse DuPlantis got me through Bible College. I would not have been able to live by faith for 3 years if I did not have his ministry to give money to.

By giving to him, I received.

I am glad to have helped make his ministry the success it is today.

Cheers,
|ZZ|

Upvote 0
C

Christina M

Zzub said:
Jesse DuPlantis got me through Bible College. I would not have been able to live by faith for 3 years if I did not have his ministry to give money to.

By giving to him, I received.

I am glad to have helped make his ministry the success it is today.

Cheers,
|ZZ|

Our ministry tithes to JDM...... with gratefulness for his continued consistent message....GOD IS GOOD!:bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JTM3

Senior Veteran
Dec 24, 2005
✟19,749.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Politics
US-Republican
Dondi said:

Oh, and BTW, did you even listen to his message before remembering all the heresy hunter propaganda crap??????

Your mocking God you know........^_^^_^^_^

[quote = Dondi] How did Jesse make all that money enough to make him a miilioniare and able to buy up propety like that in cash???[/quote]

Luke 6:38. BY SOWING AND REAPING.

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dondi said:

I'll tell you how. By gullible people listening to him telling them to sow hundreds of thousands of dollars in "seed"

Dondi, I think you answered your own question. (apart from the gullible people answer...that one sounded a little judgemental and assumptive to me)

Sounds to me like Jesse very well may have made some of that money investing in real estate. I know several folks who started with a little, bought a property, held onto it, sold it, made a profit, bought another property, etc.

Doesn't take that long to amass 300K doing that. I know several who have.

Your story could have been, "Jesse was seen buying a property worth four million dollars...IN CASH!" Then you would have asked how on earth he got four mill... He got it honestly through a smart deal. That's how.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.