Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The age we live in has many names. This is the Church age, the Holy Spirit Dispensation and also they call this: The times of the Gentiles. So the question is, when does the age we are in come to an end? For me that is easy because I am a dispensationist, so that means the age is 2,000 years in length. When did the age begin? On the day of Pentacost when Peter was preaching in the Upper room. That was 50 days after Passover when Jesus was sacrificed for our sin and transgression. Also at the time of Moses at the first passover when the Hebrew children left Egypt the law was given 50 days later at Mount Sinai. So the question then is, what year was Jesus crucified? I believe it was 29 ad. Then the question is: so what? The church is 2,000 years old. Should we order a cake and have a party? We are told that this is the end of the Time of the Gentiles and the beginning of the Kingdom Age. On December 6, 2017, US President Donald Trump announced the United States recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Does this mean that Jerusalem is no longer being trampled underfoot by the Gentiles? Is there a 7 year tribulation period between the Church age and the Kingdom age? Are there people that teach this? There maybe people that believe that the Kingdom age, the 1000 year reign of Christ began on Dec 6, 2017.

Last edited:

dailyprayerwarrior

Sep 2, 2019
Blaine
✟12,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
One thing I believe is that we are in the last of the last days indeed. What a time to be alive. I am with you on this Joshua 1 9. I don't believe the 1000 year reign began on Dec 6, 2017 because Jesus is supposed to be ruling on the throne of David from Jerusalem and He is not here yet. Plus I didn't see the prophecies of the tribulation take place. I didn't see the two witnesses who can't be killed nor have I seen the 144K and all the other amazing things yet to occur. I realize there are many different theories, conjectures, etc. ;) Oh, and we have to also factor in which calendar are we going by to guesstimate Christ's return? No matter what I love this topic - the End Times. Thanks for posting.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe the 1000 year reign began on Dec 6, 2017
This is said to be the 50 year Jubilee. So we can add 7 years and we get 2015, 2022, 2029 & 2036. If 2029 is the end of the Church age & there is 7 years of tribulation, then 2036 could be the year Jesus returns to establish His Kingdom here on the Earth. 2036 is a year we elect a new president here in America.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The age we live in has many names. This is the Church age, the Holy Spirit Dispensation and also they call this: The times of the Gentiles. So the question is, when does the age we are in come to an end? For me that is easy because I am a dispensationist, so that means the age is 2,000 years in length. When did the age begin? On the day of Pentacost when Peter was preaching in the Upper room. That was 50 days after Passover when Jesus was sacrificed for our sin and transgression. Also at the time of Moses at the first passover when the Hebrew children left Egypt the law was given 50 days later at Mount Sinai. So the question then is, what year was Jesus crucified? I believe it was 29 ad. Then the question is: so what? The church is 2,000 years old. Should we order a cake and have a party? We are told that this is the end of the Time of the Gentiles and the beginning of the Kingdom Age. On December 6, 2017, US President Donald Trump announced the United States recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Does this mean that Jerusalem is no longer being trampled underfoot by the Gentiles? Is there a 7 year tribulation period between the Church age and the Kingdom age? Are there people that teach this? There maybe people that believe that the Kingdom age, the 1000 year reign of Christ began on Dec 6, 2017.

Just don't worry yourself little ole self about it, when things are REALLY happening, Jesus will let His people know.

There isn't a thing you can do ahead of the time to predict it because.

Mat. 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mat. 25:13
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Act. 1:7
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just don't worry yourself little ole self
I am not worried because that is the time I would be kicking the bucket anyways. I just had a friend die and right before he died he was saying the rapture is going to be any day now. For him it was. He was only 70, in 2029 I will be 77.

But of that day and hour knoweth no man
But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. (1 Thes 5:4)

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The age we live in has many names. This is the Church age, the Holy Spirit Dispensation and also they call this: The times of the Gentiles. So the question is, when does the age we are in come to an end?

What did Jesus say happens when the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled? See Luke 21:27.

Luk 21:24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
Luk 21:25 "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Luk 21:27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

The times of the Gentiles are fulfilled at the future Second Coming of Christ.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am not worried because that is the time I would be kicking the bucket anyways. I just had a friend die and right before he died he was saying the rapture is going to be any day now. For him it was. He was only 70, in 2029 I will be 77.

But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. (1 Thes 5:4)

That is exactly what I said, He will let every one know before hand, you don't have to jump through all of these hoops trying to figure it all out, what will happen, will happen.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you don't have to jump through all of these hoops trying to figure it all out
The problem with trying to figure it out is that there is so much written about end times by so many people in the Bible. So there is an abundance of information available.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luk 21:27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Notice His feet do not touch the ground. That is why they say the second coming He comes for His Bride. The third coming His feet touch the ground at the Mount of Olives.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Notice His feet do not touch the ground. That is why they say the second coming He comes for His Bride. The third coming His feet touch the ground at the Mount of Olives.

Can you show us a trip back to heaven in the passage?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The problem with trying to figure it out is that there is so much written about end times by so many people in the Bible. So there is an abundance of information available.

But 99.99% of it was in relation to 70 AD and the destruction of the Temple.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The times of gentiles will be complete (ends) when Jesus returns.

The time of the gentiles began when the gospel went to them and they will continue to get the gospel out until Christ returns.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The times of gentiles will be complete (ends) when Jesus returns.

The time of the gentiles began when the gospel went to them and they will continue to get the gospel out until Christ returns.
I have been told that during the tribulation period the "Jewish" nation will give a witness and testimoy for God in the world. 144,000 - 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But 99.99% of it was in relation to 70 AD and the destruction of the Temple.
Even 100% because it is all a shadow and a type. What God did with the nation of Israel He is now doing with the gentiles.

• Optimistic
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you show us a trip back to heaven in the passage?
The marriage supper of the Lamb takes place in Heaven. They are already making preparation for that. On the second coming He comes for His Bride and the third coming He returns with His Bride. As we are joint heirs with Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The marriage supper of the Lamb takes place in Heaven. They are already making preparation for that. On the second coming He comes for His Bride and the third coming He returns with His Bride. As we are joint heirs with Christ.

You did not answer the question, or comment on the video I provided which shows the truth using scripture, or give scripture to backup your statements.

All we have in this post is your opinion.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
comment on the video
I looked at it but there are just to many scriptures to sort though on this subject. I thought this post would help me to sort out all the different references but it seems to have produced more confusion with everyone having their own opinion and no one agreeing on anything. Perhaps that is why we are told to trust God and lean not on our own understanding.

All we have in this post is your opinion.
What we have is a significant quote in Luke that is not in Matthew that you do not seem to be addressing.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I looked at it but there are just to many scriptures to sort though on this subject. I thought this post would help me to sort out all the different references but it seems to have produced more confusion with everyone having their own opinion and no one agreeing on anything. Perhaps that is why we are told to trust God and lean not on our own understanding.

Luke 21

Verses 24 through 28

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Times of the Gentiles refers to the Church Age. The Trampling of Jerusalem by the Gentiles is only about the Beasts 42 month reign. Some people confuse the two so I put that out there. As per the timing, the Rapture will happen, then the 70thy week. If you are in the Rapture you will never know the 70th week troubles, so don't sweat it.

This is about the Day of the Lord or God's Wrath/the Lambs Wrath, not the Rapture per se which happens BEFORE the DOTL which happens when the First Seal is opened in the Middle of the week.

I have been told that during the tribulation period the "Jewish" nation will give a witness and testimoy for God in the world. 144,000 - 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes.
The Jewisahy 144,00 are never called witnesses, that a "MEN'S TRADITION" go find anywhere in Revelation that says they Preach, you can't, I used to buy that also, for 25 years. The 144,000 is a METAPHOR for the Fulness or ALL ISRAEL like Isaiah and Paul spoke of, not every Jew, but Israel as a Nation is saved. Thus the 144,000 is 12 x 12,000 {the number 12 = Fullness}. Zechariah 13:8-9 says that 1/3 of the Jews REPENT and 2/3 do not REPENT thus Perish, so that tells us this 144,000 is a metaphor for 2-3 million Jews in Israel or 5-6 million Jews worldwide. They Flee to Judea just before the Seals are opened, at the AoD which happens 30 days before the Beast Conquers Jerusalem at the 1260. {AoD = 1290}.

144,000 just means ALL ISRAEL who Repent. Those that God protects in the Wilderness, Rev. 12 calls these same people, The Woman.

The Marriage Supper is Armageddon, on earth. The Church is Raptured to Heaven and Marries the Lamb, then we RETURN for the Marriage Supper.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Times of the Gentiles refers to the Church Age.

And that time is fulfilled at the Second Coming of Christ, as revealed by the passage below.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0