Jerusalem is Israelite's capital since King David's time.

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thousands rally in Jakarta against US Jerusalem move
Are The Palestine stupid or just pretending they dont know that Jerusalem belongs to the Hebrew since the time of King David and Solomon, but because the Ottoman has occupied it for 400 years they just pretend it belong to the Muslims.

King David tomb in Jerusalem is an undeniable historical evidence of Jerusalem owned by the Hebrew.

Last edited:

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2017
Franconia
✟14,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Jerusalem does in fact belong to the chosen people.
But not this earthly Jerusalem, and not the Jews.
I don't understand why americans (which I assume most of you are) are so eagerly defending Jewish Aggression in the Middle East. There is literally no point

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand why americans (which I assume most of you are) are so eagerly defending Jewish Aggression in the Middle East. There is literally no point

This is purely historical evidence and not defending any.
The tomb of King David is located in Jerusalem, they owned Jerusalem thousands of years ago.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Thousands rally in Jakarta against US Jerusalem move
Are The Palestine stupid or just pretending they dont know that Jerusalem belongs to the Hebrew since the time of King David and Solomon, but because the Ottoman has occupied it for 400 years they just pretend it belong to the Muslims.

King David tomb in Jerusalem is an undeniable historical evidence of Jerusalem owned by the Hebrew.
Well, the Palestinian ancestors were there before Israel and lived there under Roman rule.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It has always belonged to Israel.

Except for those times it "belonged" to the Jebusites, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, the Seleucids, Rome, Byzantia, the Ottomans, and the British. Other than those periods, sure.

The picture I think the bible paints is that the land of Israel belongs to God and Israel is a tenant.

Lev 25:23 The land must not be sold without reclaim because the land belongs to me, for you are foreigners and residents with me.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Except for those times it "belonged" to the Jebusites, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, the Seleucids, Rome, Byzantia, the Ottomans, and the British. Other than those periods, sure.

The picture I think the bible paints is that the land of Israel belongs to God and Israel is a tenant.

Lev 25:23 The land must not be sold without reclaim because the land belongs to me, for you are foreigners and residents with me.

God GAVE it to the Israelites as their inheritance, just as He promised Abraham He would. That is why He instructed them through Moses and Joshua to "fight" for it and to "claim" what was already given to them, by Him.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God GAVE it to the Israelites as their inheritance, just as He promised Abraham He would. That is why He instructed them through Moses and Joshua to "fight" for it and to "claim" what was already given to them, by Him.

So that verse from Lev 25 clearly says that it's God's land, and that the Israelites were "foreigners and residents." They were basically tenants on God's land. There are other places as well where it's also explicitly stated that Yahweh considered it his land.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are correct.

It has always belonged to Israel. That is why it's called the "City of David".

Well, he gave it to Benjamin, who lived there with the Jebusites, but it seems it was taken forcibly by Judah.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I see the Jews as some of the least aggressive people in the world today.

Let them have their little bit of God-given land and leave them alone.

M-Bob

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
King David tomb is in Jerusalem, they owned it thousands years ago be4 the Roman invasion.

So I suppose Amerian Indians have the right to ethnically cleanse all Non-Indians because they used to 'own' it too, right?

Basing foreign policy off of a innovative and minority theology developed only a few hundred years ago is not a wise decision for the United States to take.

I see the Jews as some of the least aggressive people in the world today.

M-Bob

I don't know, the "Jewish State" of Israel is engaged in extreme violence, ethnic cleansing, and massive bloodshed. Seems pretty aggressive to me.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know, the "Jewish State" of Israel is engaged in extreme violence, ethnic cleansing, and massive bloodshed. Seems pretty aggressive to me.

Terrible things to say regarding God's chosen people. M-Bob

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

Terrible things to say regarding God's chosen people. M-Bob

Terrible indeed, and the worst part of it is all the things I said are true.

Using God's word to promote ethnic cleansing is blasphemy, and it seems many Israeli leaders are quite guilty of this sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
interesting fact about the "Land" of Israel: while each tribe was assigned a portion of the land they couldn't sell that land to anyone else on a permanent basis. It didn't "belong" to them, they could only basically rent it's use to others for up to 50 years (Jubilee) but when that 50th year rolled around it all reverted back to the tribe it was assigned to. Just something I always found interesting. :wave:
tulc(sorry, carry on) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well...British given land in the case of modern Israel. But this is the real rub isn't it? Is modern Israel the same as biblical Israel? Surely you can't form a state, name it "Israel" and expect to be identical to the Israel found in the bible?

To make a connection to biblical Israel, it seems you would need to point to some commonalities. But they don't have the same government (biblical Israel = theocratic monarchies; modern Israel = democratic parliamentarian). They don't have the same religion (biblical = Yahwistic; modern = no state religion). They have different borders. I can't see how the tribal lands are allocated or even make out the 12 tribes. No temples. No sacrifices (except the Samaritans at Gerizim, who everyone largely ignores). They follow different laws (biblical = Torah; modern = largely, common law).

So I don't know why modern Israel gets to be identified with biblical Israel. They seem like two different entities.

Upvote 0