Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm perplexed how evangelical Christians can think that this is a good thing. But for the sake of argument, if God is using Trump to start WWIII, then I might be able to understand why Trump did something like this. However, I honestly think that Trump was just throwing his evangelical Christian supporters a political bone, regardless of the international consequences of his actions. I think he's shrewd enough to know that he must keep this particular religious political base appeased. Well, at least his predecessors all knew and were wise enough to avoid this decision, but he purposely ignored the warnings and went ahead with it. I just hope his successor will be able to undo the damage.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
I'm perplexed how evangelical Christians can think that this is a good thing. But for the sake of argument, if God is using Trump to start WWIII, then I might be able to understand why Trump did something like this. However, I honestly think that Trump was just throwing his evangelical Christian supporters a political bone, regardless of the international consequences of his actions. I think he's shrewd enough to know that he must keep this particular religious political base appeased. Well, at least his predecessors all knew and were wise enough to avoid this decision, but he purposely ignored the warnings and went ahead with it. I just hope his successor will be able to undo the damage.
And there is a lot of concern internationally about Trump's decision , but is he capable of listening ?

Cardinal Nichols 'fears for Jerusalem' following Trump announcement

Pope Francis: 'Deep Worry' Over Trump's Jerusalem Decision

U.N., European Union and Pope Criticize Trump’s Jerusalem Announcement

• Informative
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, Trump doesn't listen to anyone who objects to his decisions and leadership. I don't think he cares about the people his decisions will negatively affect. I think he only cares about the political points he'll gain from his evangelical Christian supporters. I think he'll do whatever he has to do to keep this religious base appeased. I think that when he's no longer the president, he'll drop the Christian facade like a hot potato and stop pretending. It'll be a rude wake up call for his evangelical supporters.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics