Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Nevermind I found it
-----------------------
Hello all,

I found this listed on a website, that Jeroboam's Pagan Alter was supernaturally destroyed by God...

I believe it is in 1 kings 13, But I don't see how it was as a miracle or by the Hand of God. Can anyone help?

Many Thanks
Andy

--------------------------
NEVER MIND - I found it

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nevermind I found it
-----------------------
Hello all,

I found this listed on a website, that Jeroboam's Pagan Alter was supernaturally destroyed by God...

I believe it is in 1 kings 13, But I don't see how it was as a miracle or by the Hand of God. Can anyone help?

Many Thanks
Andy

--------------------------
NEVER MIND - I found it
(1 Kings 13:1-10) "And, behold, there came a man of God out of Judah by the word of the LORD unto Beth–el: and Jeroboam stood by the altar to burn incense. {2} And he cried against the altar in the word of the LORD, and said, O altar, altar, thus saith the LORD; Behold, a child shall be born unto the house of David, Josiah by name; and upon thee shall he offer the priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and men’s bones shall be burnt upon thee. {3} And he gave a sign the same day, saying, This is the sign which the LORD hath spoken; Behold, the altar shall be rent, and the ashes that are upon it shall be poured out. {4} And it came to pass, when king Jeroboam heard the saying of the man of God, which had cried against the altar in Beth–el, that he put forth his hand from the altar, saying, Lay hold on him. And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up, so that he could not pull it in again to him. {5} The altar also was rent, and the ashes poured out from the altar, according to the sign which the man of God had given by the word of the LORD. {6} And the king answered and said unto the man of God, Intreat now the face of the LORD thy God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored me again. And the man of God besought the LORD, and the king’s hand was restored him again, and became as it was before. {7} And the king said unto the man of God, Come home with me, and refresh thyself, and I will give thee a reward. {8} And the man of God said unto the king, If thou wilt give me half thine house, I will not go in with thee, neither will I eat bread nor drink water in this place: {9} For so was it charged me by the word of the LORD, saying, Eat no bread, nor drink water, nor turn again by the same way that thou camest. {10} So he went another way, and returned not by the way that he came to Beth–el."

I cannot see how anyone could read this and interpret is as anything but a supernatural event.. The Alter was restroyed not by human hands.. Therefore it was destroyed by God.. same with the hand of the king which was also dried up, this was not done by men but by God..

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0