Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was raised Roman Catholic and was taught that the bread and wine turn into the flesh and blood of the Christ. That belief has never enlightened me, but it did cause me to ask and seek why are we eating and drinking his flesh and blood. For that I am thankful.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was raised Roman Catholic and was taught that the bread and wine turn into the flesh and blood of the Christ. That belief has never enlightened me, but it did cause me to ask and seek why are we eating and drinking his flesh and blood. For that I am thankful.

The funny thing is, that so many turn away from the Catholic Faith, and cite Transubstantiation as a huge stumbling block, problem for them intellectually, or something they've "woken up from", not understanding that none of the historically genuinely Apostolic Churches (Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, Assyrian Church of the East) affirm anything but this.

These Churches don't even agree on Christology, Mariology, or history, but all agree on the Real Presence.

I just would like to point this out. :( Not sure what your experiences were, or full story is as a Christian, but the very things many ex-Catholics claim they "got woke" from are often also professed and taught and done and believed by other Apostolic Christians, too.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my Church our Bishop once said that someone ask him "Do you believe in the Real Presence?" and he said yes than they ask him "Do you believe in Transubstantiation?" and he said yes. He than told the person the Real Presence is a mystery and we believe Christ is in the elements.

I find with many evangelicals that they have been taught wrong from day one or they once believed and understood the Real Presence but because they became "Bible Christians" or "saved" they no longer believe in authentic Christianity but have traded it for a new thing that rejects the ancient Church, the ECF's, and the Apostles in favor of reading the Bible their own way.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0