• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jehovah's Witnesses

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by AfterThought, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Would will you politely close the door and tell them you're busy

42.9%
  2. Would you invite them in to discuss Bible philosophy

57.1%
  1. Par5

Par5 Member

+108
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    I don't believe that Christians should look at doctrinal differences as being the chief stumbling block when it comes to the JW's. All you need to know is that such a religion is a cult. Any religion that deliberately splits families apart by their practice of disfellowshipping and shunning is by definition a cult.

2. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist

+3,364
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    Just tell them you’re a disfellowshiped apostate, they will be off your porch faster than you can slam your door.

3. PeaceJoyLove

PeaceJoyLove Well-Known Member

+1,019
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I used to politely decline their offer of 'The Watch Tower' and send them on their way. And they came so frequently! A few years ago now, I began to eagerly step outside to talk with them. They always seem to start off asking questions about the kingdom. And I joyfully speak about that...I speak a lot about the Holy Spirit and Christ, sharing scripture. I ask them questions about spiritual truths. They don't know what to do! They can't wait to get away. Though now, I must say, I have not seen a J.W. at my door in over a year. ;)

4. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Evangelical Catholic Supporter

+4,111
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    They aren't orthodox Christians, they are a cult and they engage in spiritual abuse and authoritarian control over peoples lives, contrary to the freedom of the Gospel.

Their theology only appeals to the ignorant. It's not surprising the religion typically is only present in slums or among poor people. I've never met an intelligent JW, no matter how sincerely their beliefs are held.

5. Stormy

Stormy Senior Contributor

+562
    Christian
    US-Others
    I tell them I'm Catholic and they leave.
    I really don't know why. Possibly they think I'm already saved? Or that they could not hold their own in a debate with me? Or maybe... I'm poison. :)

6. Shempster

Shempster ImJustMe Supporter

+493
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    They are the nicest people ever. I know a number of them personally. They are kind, respectful and polite. I love them.

If you want to engage them in philosophy, however, be prepared for a stalemate. At least they won't hate you or shun you when it's over.
    I like that attribute.

7. Par5

Par5 Member

+108
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    That's because they save the hate and the shunning for other members of their cult!