Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's free will trumps everybody else's free will, and this fact is very evident in the confrontation that Jehovah forced between Himself and the Egyptian monarch holding Moses' people captive.

Rom 9:17-18 . . For the scripture says to Pharaoh: For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed throughout the whole earth. So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

That's a reference to Exodus 9:13-17 where it says:

Ex 9:13-17 . .Then Jehovah said to Moses: Rise up early in the morning and stand before Pharaoh and say to him, "Thus says the Jehovah, the God of the Hebrews; let My people go, that they may serve Me. For this time I will send all My plagues on you and your servants and your people, so that you may know that there is no one like Me in all the earth.

. . . For if by now I had put forth My hand and struck you and your people with pestilence, you would then have been cut off from the earth. But, indeed, for this cause I have allowed you to remain, in order to show you My power, and in order to proclaim My name through all the earth. Still you exalt yourself against My people by not letting them go.

There's some interesting information tucked away in Jehovah's proclamation. The most notable is that He could've simply wiped the Egyptians off the map with just one miracle and been done with it. But instead, Jehovah chose to whittle them down piece by piece, a little at a time, and just to make sure His intentions succeeded; Jehovah deliberately, and willfully, strengthened Pharaoh's resolve to resist and not give in.

Someone, somewhere, is sure to demand: How can God condemn Pharaoh's stubborn will to resist when it was God himself who strengthened the man to do so?

The thing is; Pharaoh was already condemned for refusing Moses' initial request. From that point on he was dead meat-- Jehovah could say "I own you" and it became His sovereign prerogative to do with the man as He pleased because God's free will trumps everybody else's free will.

Now the situation is this: there are people out and about who have been presented an intelligent gospel message, and turned from it. Those people have put themselves at risk of God himself deliberately, and willfully, stiffening their resolve to the point where they will never be able to accept the gospel-- ever! Thus their destiny in Hell becomes a sealed fate.

Heb 10:31 . . It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

NOTE: See also 2Thess 2:7-12
_

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God's free will trumps everybody else's free will, and this fact is very evident in the confrontation that Jehovah forced between Himself and the Egyptian monarch holding Moses' people captive.

Rom 9:17-18 . . For the scripture says to Pharaoh: For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed throughout the whole earth. So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

That's a reference to Exodus 9:13-17 where it says:

Ex 9:13-17 . .Then Jehovah said to Moses: Rise up early in the morning and stand before Pharaoh and say to him, "Thus says the Jehovah, the God of the Hebrews; let My people go, that they may serve Me. For this time I will send all My plagues on you and your servants and your people, so that you may know that there is no one like Me in all the earth.

. . . For if by now I had put forth My hand and struck you and your people with pestilence, you would then have been cut off from the earth. But, indeed, for this cause I have allowed you to remain, in order to show you My power, and in order to proclaim My name through all the earth. Still you exalt yourself against My people by not letting them go.

There's some interesting information tucked away in Jehovah's proclamation. The most notable is that He could've simply wiped the Egyptians off the map with just one miracle and been done with it. But instead, Jehovah chose to whittle them down piece by piece, a little at a time, and just to make sure His intentions succeeded; Jehovah deliberately, and willfully, strengthened Pharaoh's resolve to resist and not give in.

Someone, somewhere, is sure to demand: How can God condemn Pharaoh's stubborn will to resist when it was God himself who strengthened the man to do so?

The thing is; Pharaoh was already condemned for refusing Moses' initial request. From that point on he was dead meat-- Jehovah could say "I own you" and it became His sovereign prerogative to do with the man as He pleased because God's free will trumps everybody else's free will.

Now the situation is this: there are people out and about who have been presented an intelligent gospel message, and turned from it. Those people have put themselves at risk of God himself deliberately, and willfully, stiffening their resolve to the point where they will never be able to accept the gospel-- ever! Thus their destiny in Hell becomes a sealed fate.

Heb 10:31 . . It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

NOTE: See also 2Thess 2:7-12
_

or ... perhaps

The phrase "to harden the heart" is used in the Exodus story approximately 20 times, half when God is the agent (God hardened the heart of Pharaoh) and 10 times when Pharaoh is the explicit or implicit agent (he hardened his own heart).

The purpose of the plagues was to demonstrate to Pharaoh that the Lord is God. The conflict is between the Lord, Pharaoh, and the gods of Egypt. It is initiated when Pharaoh says: "Who is the Lord, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the Lord, nor will I let Israel go" (Ex. 5:2).

Consequently, God performs miraculous signs through which the Egyptians and Pharaoh "shall know that I am the Lord" (Ex. 7:5, 17; see Ex. 8:10). This overwhelming evidence is rejected by Pharaoh—"he hardened his heart." His obstinacy consists in denying that Yahweh is the Lord, and this attitude is manifested in not allowing Israel to leave Egypt.

No account of Pharaoh ever repenting ... so blasphemy on Pharaohs part as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0